This site is for adults 18+ due to gambling/betting content. If you have a problem with gambling issues, or need information, please visit:
Gambling Help Online Gamblers Anonymous Gambling Therapy Gamble Aware Jugadores Anonimos JugarBIEN BeGambleAware GamCare

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Group D - Third Round 26.06. 20:00 Iceland - Croatia

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Group D - Third Round 26.06. 20:00 Iceland - Croatia

    3.57 3.37 2.17

  • #2
    Croatia has with 1 yellow card the following players so they should be protected and not play here (at least some of them, the most important ones):

    Rakitic, Brozovic, Rebic, Mandzukic, Vrsaljko, Colruka

    Iceland has no cards ()
    Last edited by MarianoV6; 26-06-18, 00:06.

    Comment


    • #3
      From Croatians media

      Kalinic - Jedvaj, Corluka, Caleta-Car, Pivaric - Modric, Badelj - Pjaca, Kovacic, Perisic - Kramaric

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by whimp View Post
        From Croatians media

        Kalinic - Jedvaj, Corluka, Caleta-Car, Pivaric - Modric, Badelj - Pjaca, Kovacic, Perisic - Kramaric
        To me this looks like a somewhat weakened Croatian side. Of course, some of the substitutes may give it their all but I'm not sure Croatia have the depth... These 2 teams were in a qualifying group and Iceland put up a good fight and kept things tight. Although I haven't been convinced that Iceland pose much of a threat going forward, I see this as a fairly balanced match with these lineups and am inclined to take Iceland DNB at 2.5.

        Comment


        • #5
          Maybe a game with goals. Modric, Pjaca, Kovacic, Perisic are still top class players. Kramaric is a decent player as well.

          Iceland have nothing to lose anymore, they must go all in attack and might leave lot of space behind them meanwhile Croatia with the best midfielder in the world (Modric) and decent players upfront for sure can kill them on counters. 2-2, 1-2 maybe.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by WiserthantheCrowd View Post
            To me this looks like a somewhat weakened Croatian side. Of course, some of the substitutes may give it their all but I'm not sure Croatia have the depth... These 2 teams were in a qualifying group and Iceland put up a good fight and kept things tight. Although I haven't been convinced that Iceland pose much of a threat going forward, I see this as a fairly balanced match with these lineups and am inclined to take Iceland DNB at 2.5.
            not as weak as you'd think though. jedvaj/pivaric and vrsaljko/strinic.. really not that big of a difference, in fact i prefer the former as they are better on the ball. the central defense is a problem but vida and lovren are not that amazing, they just werent really tested. i personally rate corluka as equal to vida and he's better on the ball. caleta-car i havent seen enough of but surely weaker than lovren, less experienced for sure. so the defense seems a bit weaker but with more attacking potential out wide. badelj and rakitic have a pretty similar playing style, who is better is obvious but the overall pattern wont change. modric is by far the most key player and he will play. pjaca came back from consecutive injuries and is slowly returning to his old self. again, very similar playing style to ante rebic, just less fit mandzukic missing is a problem indeed but so far he has contributed more in defense than in offense.

            overall if anything we will see a slightly more attacking minded croatia but with poorer defense. badelj, pjaca, modric, kramaric, kovacic, perisic... all have great shots from distance and in general good finishers.

            iceland so far have played decent football. good movement from defense to offense and the other way around. its just they lack quality.. which is to be expected considering the total population of the country. they have some good players in midfield but the defense and gk are so-so. still, they had scoring chances in both games so far and against a weaker defensively croatia i dont see why that should change.

            those two met twice in the qualifying stage each game ending in a home win respectively but in both games the tempo was somewhat slow as both were looking at the long game. now all is decided and there's no reason to play it safe. i think a relaxed croatia even with some reserves is more than good enough to beat iceland and they will go for it. i can see a pretty open game tonight

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by f1ght3r View Post
              not as weak as you'd think though. jedvaj/pivaric and vrsaljko/strinic.. really not that big of a difference, in fact i prefer the former as they are better on the ball. the central defense is a problem but vida and lovren are not that amazing, they just werent really tested. i personally rate corluka as equal to vida and he's better on the ball. caleta-car i havent seen enough of but surely weaker than lovren, less experienced for sure. so the defense seems a bit weaker but with more attacking potential out wide. badelj and rakitic have a pretty similar playing style, who is better is obvious but the overall pattern wont change. modric is by far the most key player and he will play. pjaca came back from consecutive injuries and is slowly returning to his old self. again, very similar playing style to ante rebic, just less fit mandzukic missing is a problem indeed but so far he has contributed more in defense than in offense.

              overall if anything we will see a slightly more attacking minded croatia but with poorer defense. badelj, pjaca, modric, kramaric, kovacic, perisic... all have great shots from distance and in general good finishers.

              iceland so far have played decent football. good movement from defense to offense and the other way around. its just they lack quality.. which is to be expected considering the total population of the country. they have some good players in midfield but the defense and gk are so-so. still, they had scoring chances in both games so far and against a weaker defensively croatia i dont see why that should change.

              those two met twice in the qualifying stage each game ending in a home win respectively but in both games the tempo was somewhat slow as both were looking at the long game. now all is decided and there's no reason to play it safe. i think a relaxed croatia even with some reserves is more than good enough to beat iceland and they will go for it. i can see a pretty open game tonight
              Good, elaborate analysis which would seemingly favor the overs. Over 2.25 at 2 or 2.5 at 2.3 would seem to be a reasonable proposition for a pretty open game in which both sides will have ample chances.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Wilson View Post
                Maybe a game with goals. Modric, Pjaca, Kovacic, Perisic are still top class players. Kramaric is a decent player as well.

                Iceland have nothing to lose anymore, they must go all in attack and might leave lot of space behind them meanwhile Croatia with the best midfielder in the world (Modric) and decent players upfront for sure can kill them on counters. 2-2, 1-2 maybe.
                I agree with goals here. Iceland must think on victory, and even if they win they need to wait other match outcome, it is possible they will need victory with 2 or 3 goals difference. They will attack for sure against mixed Croatian squad. Croatia will play without pressure, they will rest some players, and they will try not to injure, but they still have awesome quality players for this match. They won't play on result, but they will be very dangerous because of attacking-minded Iceland.

                Both teams can score and odds are more than good...
                we have over 2.5 (2.30) and over 3.5 (4.30).

                Good luck
                MAZEDONIEN ÜBER ALLES !!!

                Comment


                • #9
                  There should be motivation on either side,the croatians substitutions now have the chance to impress,this should be sufficient motivation for them,if they want to play again they have to snatch the chance and to shine out.As I have read some of your comments,Im more and more inclined to try out both to score(around 1,95)A free-flowing careless croatian side with plently of hungry players to prove themselves should possess danger,Iceland also are not toothless and they have created some good scoring chances in each game played so far.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Croatia is much better now than in the qualifications. Still, no value what so ever on them here, since a draw will do just as good as the win.
                    Only two things are infinite. The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not too sure about the first one... A Einstein.

                    Comment

                    Latest predictions

                    Collapse

                    Last posts

                    Collapse

                    Favourite bookmakers

                    Collapse

                    BET365
                    All-time favourite bookie of Bettingadvice.com due to their great betting offers in many sports, very good live betting and in-game cashouts, and general ease-of-use. Take me to Bet365!

                    PINNACLE SPORTS
                    Great bookie, offer superb odds (low margins), very high limits, does not slash winning customers. Probably the most reliable sportsbook on the net. Well known among sports punters for their ability and will to offer a fair product. Pinnacle will not hide. If you are good, you win. OK,  I'll give Pinnacle Sports a try!

                    Working...
                    X