This site is for adults 18+ due to gambling/betting content. If you have a problem with gambling issues, or need information, please visit:
Gambling Help Online Gamblers Anonymous Gambling Therapy Gamble Aware Jugadores Anonimos JugarBIEN BeGambleAware GamCare

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fiorentina - Slavia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hi

Definitly. This game is 1-1 and maybe 3+. What you think ?

Comment

Originally posted by szorstak
      also I have found that at the begining of the last year's Uefa campaign Fiorentina draw in both legs vs Groningen 1-1 so...
      uefa cup is not the same as CL!

Comment

I also don't expect a big margin win, but i do expect a win.

Fiorentina is the team that spent more than any other Italian team this summer (around 50m euro) and this team will be really strong when gelled.
        But there were many changes in the team and it will take some time before they start performing.

They lost two very influental players. Playmaker Liverani went to Palermo while their defense leader Ujfalusi went to Atletico Madrid (both of them left as free agents). The other central midfielder Montolivo is at the olympics so now Prandelli will have to experiment with two newcomers at the center of the midfield and these are the two players that will have to organize the game. The first one os Felipe Melo ( i don't follow La Liga but people say that he was Almeria's best player last year). The second one is Almiron, who is technically gifted playmaker but comes after a disastrous season where he lost his place even in Juve reserves and didn't impress at all in the second part of the season, on loan in Monaco.

Ujfalusi's spot in the defense will be taken by ex-Torino captain Gianluca Comotto, who is, imo, much weaker defender than Ujfalusi.
        For the left side of the defense Fiorentina bought one amazing talent, Vargas. This guy was one of the best full backs in Europe last year (the best in Italy by far) and he'll bring a lot to Fiorentina. But Fiorentina were solid on the left side anyway, with Pasqual, so at least at these early stages of the season there shouldn't be a big difference.

Fiorentina invested heavily in their attack. They spent 25m eur to buy Gilardino, Jovetic and Jefferson.
        Gilardino-Mutu will be the pair that will start the match but we're yet to see how well they work together.

I belive you saw why i'm not confident in Viola's huge win tomorrow. It's a really strong team but there will be many new players in the team tomorrow and i'd rather give them some time to get used to eachother before i start betting on them.

GL

Edit: I just read the latest interview with Prandelli and it looks like he'll play 4-3-1-2 at the end. Little different than what i predicted above (the bolded players are the newcomers)

....................Frey.................
        Zauri-Gamberini-Kroldrup-Vargas
        .....Donadel-Melo-Kuzmanovic.....
        ..................Santana..................
        .............Gilardino-Mutu...............

Comment

Could be 1:0 as normally Fiore result at home. Is Slavia right team to lose 1:0 away - question for Czech friends?
          True Fiore would give much more to Champs league. They are walking long road from 3rd Italian league to CL again. But they did it slowly and steadily so this encounter will be the same. 1:0 or 0:0 at home and than 0:0 or 1:1 in away match is not out of question IMO.
          "PANEM ET CIRCENSES" - Bread and Circuss games

Comment

Originally posted by MvP
            They are walking long road from 3rd Italian league to CL again. But they did it slowly and steadily
            Actually, Fiorentina should have played CL in the last 2 seasons.
            They won the 4th place in serie A in season 2005/06 but they were involved in the scandal and they had points deducted so they lost the 4th place.

In season 2006/07 they won enough points to be third in serie A but they started the season with -15 points so they won only the 5th place at the end.

As you can see, Fiorentina are in top4 in Italy for 3 seasons in a row and it's a team that has been performing consistently.

Comment

Originally posted by Minov
              Originally posted by MvP
              They are walking long road from 3rd Italian league to CL again. But they did it slowly and steadily
              Actually, Fiorentina should have played CL in the last 2 seasons.
              They won the 4th place in serie A in season 2005/06 but they were involved in the scandal and they had points deducted so they lost the 4th place.

In season 2006/07 they won enough points to be third in serie A but they started the season with -15 points so they won only the 5th place at the end.

As you can see, Fiorentina are in top4 in Italy for 3 seasons in a row and it's a team that has been performing consistently.
              So now it's time But what about Slavia? Do they have same opinion about that? Do they have such defense as Rangers had last season to prevent Fiore from scoring at home?
              "PANEM ET CIRCENSES" - Bread and Circuss games

Comment

Fiorentina host Czech champions Slavia Prague on Tuesday night in the first leg of the Champions League preliminaries.

What: Champions League preliminaries first leg
                Who: Fiorentina - Slavia Prague
                When: Tuesday August 12 2008
                Where: Stadio Artemio Franchi, Florence

It’s set to be a showdown game and La Viola will be hoping to prove their worth following an eight year absence in Europe’s elite club competition.

A lot has changed in Florence since then. Many will remember Gabriel Batistuta firing his side to memorable wins against Arsenal and Manchester United during the 1999-00 season. Now, the responsibility lies with Adrian Mutu who has just pledged his love for the club by extending his contract and he, more than anyone, is vying for European glory.

It was Mutu’s goals in Serie A last term which fired his side into the Champions League places and the club’s owners have shown their faith in the Romanian with the hope that he will be they key to a successful European campaign this term.

Summer Spending Spree

However, all the pressure will not be piled on the prolific striker as the club have spent over €30m on strengthening this summer. Such mega investment was clearly made with the idea that it will return good dividends in Europe.

Alberto Gilardino arrived from Milan for €14m with Stevan Jovetic an €8m signing from Partizan and Juan Manuel Vargas completed the spending following his €11m arrival from Catania. Felipe Melo, Luciano Zauri, Marco Storari, Nicola Gudan and Gianluca Comotto have also come in as Prandelli ensures he has a decent squad capable of rubbing shoulders with the rest of Europe’s elite club sides.

All eyes will be on Gliardino on Tuesday night. It was he who fired his old Milan side to the 2007 Champions League final and the former Parma man will be looking to opening his account this year with some goals against Slavia. There are high expectations weighing on his shoulders as Gila was at his best under Prandelli at Parma. Viola fans will be hoping their new hit-man can find the same form he was in four years ago.

Mixed Pre-Season Preparations

The Artemio Franchi based side have not had the best pre-season. A friendly against Barcelona, which was seen by many as a warm up match ahead of the Champions League, ended in disaster as the home side were humbled 3-1 by the La Liga outfit. A 1-1 draw with Verona didn’t help the cause either but pre-season rustiness should be cured by the time the clock strikes 19:45 on Tuesday night. Fiorentina’s other friendly’s ended in victories and were against Figline 1-0, Sciliar 12-0 and Progresul 3-1 as the preparations for Europe continued.

Gilardino and Mutu have been stunning in training and all the attention will be on the dynamic duo as they try to blast their team towards greatness. Prandelli has been working hard all summer and his number one objective is to get his side past Slavia and into the group stages. The club will be looking to make some money back from qualification after their summer spending spree. Fiorentina just missed out on UEFA Cup glory last season after losing the semi-final on penalties. The pain from that night is still present and the club will be hoping that failure can push the team far on the continent this term.

No Fear From Slavia

Although the home side are favourites to pass their preliminary test, it will not all be plane sailing as Slavia are hopeful of causing an upset with Tomas Jablonsky showing no fear of the Italians.

“We are not scared of Fiorentina, they are footballers just like us. Obviously we respect them but we have no fear,” said the Slavia midfielder.

An exciting game is on the cards as the Czech champions are not looking to lie down and let their opponents steam roller them. Karel Jarolim’s side are flying the flag in Europe for their country this term and they are expected to go far. Slavia are way ahead of Fiorentina in terms of preparation as they are into the second week of their domestic league already. La Viola still have three weeks to go before Serie A kicks off. Given the vast gap in preparation, the Viola may slip up as this game seems like a potential banana skin.

Form Guide

Fiorentina:

July 17 – v Sciliar 12-0
                July 20 – v Verona 1-1
                July 26 – v Figline 1-0
                July 30 – v Barcelona 3-1
                August 6 v Progresul 3-1

Slavia Prague

July 28 – v Iran 1-0
                August 4 v Liberec 1-2

Team News To Follow…

Prediction:

The home side are favourites to progress past their Czech opponents but the key will be a clean sheet. Prandelli’s side have a good pedigree of European experience and it should be a straightforward win. Slavia come into the game after losing their opening league match to Liberec 2-1 and will be fitter than their opponents but Fiorentina are fresh and superb at home and the game is theirs for the taking.

Fiorentina 2-0 Slavia Prague

Ref From Salvatore Landolina - goal.com

From http://footballitaliano.org/

Comment

Fiorentina - Slavia Prague

Czech champion will try to repeat the last year**8217;s success and qualify for the Champions league group stage**8230; Slavia eliminated Ajax last season and it seems that they will have to try harder in the third round on the start of the new season. Financial problems the club were facing over the last few years made them pay special attention to younger players. Czech club have several young internationals in the club who have already gained a lot of experience in spite of some misfortunate outcomes in the Champions league last year. This team certainly don't belong to European elite but anyway, they are a tough squad, a group of talented players reinforced with few interesting foreigners... All eyes of Italian public are on talented Gianluca Litteri who came from Inter youth squad. Slavia didn**8217;t make many changes in the team, they didn**8217;t have enough money for major changes because they invested in building Eden stadium which was opened in May this year.

This is traditionally a problem for the clubs from the Apennines. Serie A starts on the last day of August, Fiorentina started the preparations early in order to be ready for the third qualifying round. Ten years ago Viola played in the Champions League and then after some historical victories over Arsenal and Manchester United they managed even to qualify for the best 16. The club have gone through a lot of things since, fell all the way to the bottom and were forced to make a new start from the fourth league under a new name. Since the mighty Della Valle family took the club over, they started to rise. Last season Fiorentina led an exhausting race for the championship title but also for UEFA Cup.

I believe that Fiorentina won**8217;t have major problems winning this match. They are excellent at Franchi against weaker teams, although it is a holiday season in Italy, the stadium will be full**8230; Everyone in the club was pretty enthusiastic about the fourth place and about the excellent transfer campaign. Slavia will defend, try to mark the best possible result, but it is, nevertheless, hard to believe that they can surprise Fiorentina and stop home side attacks. The difference in the quality is obvious; i expect an easy job for the Italians.

Fiorentina -1.5 | 8/10
                  Over 2.5 | 4/10

~~~

Comment

Originally posted by footballitaliano
                    This Tuesday, 12 August, the Viola will face Slavia Prague in their first real test of the new season in the first leg of the Champions League third round qualifying match. Coach Cesare Prandelli has defined the play off as the most important match of the season, showing the importance that this show down commands in the Viola camp.

Fiorentina will be galvanized by the fact that one of their most important players, Adrian Mutu, has signed a new contract to keep him at the club. Mutu will be hoping to push his side into the Champions League in this two leg affair with the Czech Republic side.

Peter Pedroncelli - footballitaliano.org

Guest On who to bet ? I will bet 2-0 for fiornentina - a nice tenna

Comment

What do you guys think of Slavia Praha not to score? I dont expect them to go out on full attack in this first game. It should be a very tight and defensive game from their side.

Fiorentina - SK Slavia Praha (Under/over SK Slavia Praha: 0.5) 2.00

Comment

Frey warns Viola to be on their guard

Match preview by Roberta Radaelli & Ladislav Josef

Monday 11 August 2008

Sébastien Frey wants ACF Fiorentina to take SK Slavia Praha seriously in their UEFA Champions League second qualifying round fixture after suffering embarrassing defeats at this stage before.

Never again
                        The French international was a member of the FC Internazionale Milano side that lost out to Helsingborgs IF in the 2000/01 UEFA Champions League third qualifying round, while his Parma FC side fell foul of LOSC Lille Métropole the following summer. "I have been eliminated twice at this stage because my team underestimated their opponents and I don't want it to happen again," he said.

Olympic duty
                        Coach Cesare Prandelli will be without midfielder Riccardo Montolivo, who is on Olympic duty with Italy, scoring in the 3-0 win against Korea Republic on Sunday that took the Azzurrini to the quarter-finals. "I know he scored and I am happy for him," said the 28-year-old Frey, who extended his contract in Florence to 2013 this summer. "We will definitely miss Riccardo but there are many players who can take his place."

Potential replacements
                        One potential replacement is Brazilian Felipe Melo, a summer signing from UD Almería who is settling in well. "I feel at ease with my new team-mates and with Prandelli, an intelligent person who talks us through every detail," said the 24-year-old. Sergio Almirón, on loan from Juventus, may also be in line for a game, but Senegal forward Papa Waigo, defenders Manuel da Costa and Gianluca Comotto, and midfielder Martin Jørgensen will miss both legs.

Iron Maiden concert
                        The Czech side, meanwhile, have had the weekend to prepare for the game with their league fixture against FK P**345;íbram moved back to last Wednesday to make way for an Iron Maiden concert being played at their Eden Stadium. Zden**283;k Šenke**345;ík scored the only goal of that game to give last season's Czech champions their first victory of the campaign at the second attempt.

Daunting task
                        Having watched Fiorentina on video, coach Karel Jarolím knows what to expect. He said: "[Alberto] Gilardino, who arrived from AC Milan, has excellent movement, [Adrian] Mutu is outstanding while we know [Mario Alberto] Santana from the games against [US Cittá di] Palermo [which Slavia lost on away goals to miss out on the 2005/06 UEFA Cup group stage]." Slavia's task has been made tougher by injuries to experienced midfielder Vladimír Šmicer and defender František D**345;íž**271;al but Fiorentina will do well to heed Frey's words.

©uefa.com 1998-2008. All rights reserved.

Comment

Originally posted by If I Ruled The World
                          What do you guys think of Slavia Praha not to score? I dont expect them to go out on full attack in this first game. It should be a very tight and defensive game from their side.

well, despite i´m slavia fan, i have to say that chance to score a goal is minimal. it looks very similar like match vs. ajax, we can only score with a very big luck - some our player can run off defenders and get to the chance, but no more than 1 or 2 in all match -- in this way i don´t expect any play forward

Comment

Originally posted by Darren7
                            Originally posted by If I Ruled The World

well, despite i´m slavia fan, i have to say that chance to score a goal is minimal. it looks very similar like match vs. ajax, we can only score with a very big luck - some our player can run off defenders and get to the chance, but no more than 1 or 2 in all match -- in this way i don´t expect any play forward
                            it's always nice to see a fan with head on his shoulder....so, you can advice us to bet on Fiorentina -1 ahc ?

Comment

starting lineups:

Fiorentina

1 Frey
                              14 Zauri
                              2 Krøldrup
                              3 Dainelli
                              6 Vargas Risgo
                              22 Kuzmanovi**263;
                              88 Melo de Carvalho
                              19 Gobbi
                              24 Santana
                              11 Gilardino
                              10 Mutu

Bench
                              13 Storari
                              23 Pasqual
                              4 Donadel
                              30 Almiron
                              8 Joveti**263;
                              9 Osvaldo
                              29 Pazzini

CoachClaudio Cesare Prandelli

Slavia

28 Vaniak
                              17 Suchý
                              6 Latka
                              3 Brabec
                              4 Hubá**269;ek
                              8 Janda
                              2 Tavares
                              10 Jarolím
                              18 Švento
                              32 Gebreselassie
                              14 Šenke**345;ík

Bench
                              22 Diviš
                              16 Jablonský
                              19 Kraj**269;ík
                              21 Belaid
                              26 **268;erný
                              9 Toleski
                              24 Necid

CoachKarel Jarolím

Comment

3 real chances to score and 2 goals for Fiorentina. I expected much more from famous Fiorentina.

I think it is not lost for Slavia. In 14 days in Prague, on new stadium with full of red-white fans, there it will be much harder for Fiore. Yes, they are absolutely favourites, but 0:2 isn´t done.

Comment

Latest predictions

Collapse

Last posts

Collapse

Top Tipster Month

Collapse

Top Tipster Overall

Collapse

Favourite bookmakers

Collapse

BET365
                                All-time favourite bookie of Bettingadvice.com due to their great betting offers in many sports, very good live betting and in-game cashouts, and general ease-of-use. Take me to Bet365!

PINNACLE SPORTS
                                Great bookie, offer superb odds (low margins), very high limits, does not slash winning customers. Probably the most reliable sportsbook on the net. Well known among sports punters for their ability and will to offer a fair product. Pinnacle will not hide. If you are good, you win. OK,  I'll give Pinnacle Sports a try!

Working...
                                X