This site is for adults 18+ due to gambling/betting content. If you have a problem with gambling issues, or need information, please visit:
Gambling Help Online Gamblers Anonymous Gambling Therapy Gamble Aware Jugadores Anonimos JugarBIEN BeGambleAware GamCare

Suggestions/complaints/questions regarding moderating of the forum

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sirac
    • Sep 2004

lol romanian illnesslol? what has this to do with BA? sure there are romanian mods, sure they acted like idiots in livescore thread, but that's just about it.There are plenty of mods from all around Europe, so sure it isnt about romanian mods.

It's nothing strange about banning Achilles, he crossed the line, and it was not the first time, he had ban history before that, bans which had nothing in common with romanians.He losses temper quite easy as those provokers were only making fun of Milan or whatever Achilles might feel sensitive about.You cant ban provokers for saying:Milan won against all small teams, only Juve has the class to win against bigger teams".
    As you can not ban "provokers" for questioning football knowledge of Goxy.They had an argument about Benfica being lazy team, many times in the forum this sort of discussions appeared, with one seeing one team better than is in reality and others seeing it weaker, but that's just like value is in the eyes of the bettor: where other sees value, others dont.The same with provocations, some take personal every phrase of another member, but i didnt see Goxy complaining, they just had a controversial discussion, i'm sure Goxy can take it like a men he is, he is not a drama queen for sure, we have enough of those already.
    My country is the world...and my religion is to do good.

Comment

• Rado
      • Feb 2007

Crishna, you are still trying to show the mistakes they did, its because of your love and passion for BA. We share same feelings, like Achilles and others, but you should stop it because it does not work. Its hard to accept but we have to live with it; BA is dead for us.
      My paid service for Turkish football http://forum.bettingadvice.com/showthread.php?t=95182

Comment

• One
        • Aug 2010

Sirac, I was interested only to see admins/mods reaction to all these things - and that "Romanian illness" was, of course, only a joke

I have to say it's a long distance between BA's mods reaction and what was hapenning past days on that Romanian forum. There was banned few members and other members have decided to left the forum - all (but me, of course) valuable and old members. And all these was because of bad admin decisions. More that that, those provokers suddenly disapeared immediately after those bad decisions - so what can I think judging that?

That's why I was very interested how things are hapenning here. And I have to say it looks OK to me - not like Romanian illness, but like European health.

Good job, Sirac, DJ and all others! Suntem peste tot acasa, portile ni se deschid!

Comment

• danieljackson
          • Jul 2009

Originally posted by One View Post
          Please accept my apologise for my Bad English...

Reading Crishna's message, I have had a "bitter smile" (I don't know if this sounds well in English, but in Romanian "zambet amar" is right) because exactly the same things was happenings past few days on the best Romanian betting forum. There was few stupid members who provoked others and some of "others" had not enough patient. The final decision of Romanian admin(s)? All provoked users was banned and those stupid guys are still members of the forum. And in that case it was a crazy subject: all banned members wrote on forum against too many "easy-money" threads on forum (that means threads with odds 1.01-1.03, many of those messages posted only AFTER the end of the match), against flooding with stupid posts.

So, I think maybe is about some nasty interests of the admins/mods, because is strange how and why those stupid guys are preffered against some valuable and old members. I'm wrinting these without knowing Dox or other people you wrote about here, but I understood the idea and I'm trying to understand mods' reaction...

Finally, another question: BA's mods are also Romanians? Maybe those bad decisions are a Romanian illness
          nobody here among moderators got any secret agenda, and it doesnt matter if they're from poland, romania, norway or morocco.
          for example achilles was (or still is) a buddy or even friend of few mods here, you can check our profiles and friend's lists here at BA and see that many of us knew him for some time, because he is a good tipster or because he shares common interests.

we make decisions as a group, we dont have 'lone wolves' here. But because its simply impossible (we work or study at different times, live in different timezones) we can't wait for every mod to show up and together decide if the ban is deserved or not.
          also for the same reason in the past, sometimes we couldnt ban some people in livescore immediately, because not everyone of us speaks romanian/serbian/polish/turkish and we had to wait for some mod to show up and tell us if its some cursing/insults or not. - but it wont be an issue anymore as all non-english posts are being deleted now. but of course some people complain about this rule now, describing it as communist and at the same time complain that we didnt ban people in past immediately.. sorry for the digression, lets get back to the serious matter.

Each of us mods got few users that we're not a fan of, but we never ban them without at least one more opinion of 'neutral' mod, thats what we all do here, and none of the bans have ever been of a 'personal matter' just because we dont like someone. nobody here in moderating staff is 'on a killing spree' or personal vendetta, I assure you.

We (by we I mean majority of mods, not romanians or polish only mods) didnt enforce new rules because romanians/polish/pick-a-nation people started to causing mess, but because few people crossed the ultimate line and others started following them doing the same things with no respect to very light rules that were in livescore thread at that time, and sorry but we dont want a place here, which is full of racist/homophobic/xenophobic hate.

True, there were very rare accidents where mod wrote one word too much in livescore, but before we enforced new rules everyone of present mods has agreed to follow new rules and then we publicly informed that we'll be more strict towards all users. so nobody here is hypocritical, we all - mods and users, started with clean account. and who didnt agree with the way we made the change (like CG), or just didnt agree with new rules left moderating staff.

And now, as you can see in this thread, this very small minority is defending one of his own, picturing themselves as victims in a 'world of regime' where one person broke the rules (well more than one, but obviously others dont belong to their group, so they're unimportant) and received deserved punishment. and that person then ignored the punishment by making another account and coming back just to insult/threaten moderators doing their job - thats the picture of whole story, you can draw the conclusions by yourself.

Comment

• beretta
            BA's only non-peasant.
            • May 2007

You may write as much bulshit as you want DJ. I don't know what you aim ? To prove your useless ambitions ?

Nowadays it's seems that your efforts are more to keep this place alive. Members are not stupid and see what your crew have done. Also to say you're not a fan of somebdy is let's say selfish ego which you have a lot.

Other thing i want to mention is to stop defending titles. I already said mods with titles should have left long time ago.

Suddenly you and your muppets decided to come back and to fill the gap . GL with it. Nobody is saying that this place will stay calm. But here you can enjoy with the kids who left in your hugs.

Comment

• Steve C
              Freshman
              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by danieljackson View Post
              but before we enforced new rules everyone of present mods has agreed to follow new rules and then we publicly informed that we'll be more strict towards all users. so nobody here is hypocritical, we all - mods and users, started with clean account. and who didnt agree with the way we made the change (like CG), or just didnt agree with new rules left moderating staff.
              It wasnt the way that the change was made, it was the speed with which it was implemented that made me leave.

Livescores for months has been an absolute playground, and that includes some mods behaviour in there as well. Cleaning the place up was always on the cards, so the enforcement of the rules is no surprise. However, expecting people to change overnight after its been carnage for so long is stupid imo, and impossible to expect it going through without teething problems. The correct way to have done it imo was to re-announce the rules and then for a couple of weeks to be handing out warnings like confetti. Then if people dont get it, start banning them. Mods stopped behaving like idiots because they knew this change was coming, general users didnt see all the behind the scenes discussions with regards to this.

As for Achilles, he was unlucky. He got an initial 3 day ban for something which has been overlooked/missed in the previous few months, but his final outburst which led to the perma-ban is something completely different.

Comment

• danieljackson
                • Jul 2009

Originally posted by beretta View Post
                You may write as much bulshit as you want DJ. I don't know what you aim ? To prove your useless ambitions ?

Nowadays it's seems that your efforts are more to keep this place alive. Members are not stupid and see what your crew have done. Also to say you're not a fan of somebdy is let's say selfish ego which you have a lot.

Other thing i want to mention is to stop defending titles. I already said mods with titles should have left long time ago.

Suddenly you and your muppets decided to come back and to fill the gap . GL with it. Nobody is saying that this place will stay calm. But here you can enjoy with the kids who left in your hugs.
                well, I could say that, all what you just wrote shows how jealous and full of venom you are, because you werent like that during our conversations when I joined forum and wasn't a mod. and your attitude towards me and other 'useless mods' only worsen after I became admin and when in the meantime you asked Terje to be a moderator too, but with no luck - strange coincidence, but maybe someone will believe in it, this place is full of illiterate people so I heard.

Anyways, I may have not been objective with this statement above, after all those insults you wrote to me few months ago, so I better won't be discussing it here or anywhere else.

Just thing is that the 'useless mods and muppets' are still mods despite your personal objections, so all I can only suggest that internet is free and of course you're welcome to stay here and 'contribute' but if you dont like mods here or the new rules, you have dozens 'better' forums or you can just create one yourself with rest of your 'clique'.

I dont have to keep this place alive, there are over 550 people browsing the forum now, it's more than a good result during tuesday afternoon, and if my (and other useless mods) ambition is to stop this place from turning into cesspool filled with racism, xenophobia and other 'traits' that dont bother some of you, and place with no more adult men who lose their temper because like kids, then I suppose I can live with that.

Comment

• Scarecrow
                  • Dec 2000

Originally posted by Steve C View Post
                  that made me leave.
                  don't worry your ghost is still around login everyday on your CG username

Comment

• danieljackson
                    • Jul 2009

Originally posted by Davy View Post
                    thats because all eloquent people have left the forum
                    and rest cant read his post where he wrote that he's not admin anyone and doesn't want to be involved in this grotesque.

Comment

• Steve C
                      Freshman
                      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Davy View Post
                      I suggest you have a word with the rest of the mods as to who has been sending me PMs on that account. What do you expect me to do, ignore them? Sadly im not that ignorant. Although I do apologise for not asking your permission first, I will the next time.

Comment

• crishna
                        Bettingadvice Tipster
                        • Jun 2003

first of all, I'm sorry on behalf of all mods that you didn't get your daily list of all members we warned or banned, as you definitely are a person who should know about all of it. I just thought that you're gone to more democratic forum like you stated so many times, after you didnt agree about mods' right decision.
                        Admins like you and others including mods, are with "temporary use" for BA... You or Arbiter or Iguana are not BA- BA is something "sacred", beyond you... Let me explain you on "football" way!!!

BA is like grande Real Madrid, something "sacred" not only for Spaniards but more. Like BA.

Most important figure is the owner of the club or here Terje Grefstad.

He managed with his capabilities to create something "immortal"!

Owner recruits coaches like goal-keepers coach, coach of youth team, main coach. Like Terje, he appointed you and Arbiter as main coaches/admins and few other coaches/mods for separate threads.

But there were ten's of coaches like you in Real Madrid/BA and they are "consumed material".

If you don't have good enough results constantly or if you forced players to act against you(due to your inconsistency or incompetency) you will be disposed soon!!!

We, members are like players, someone better or not, someone contributing more or less and tipsters are some kind of first team regulars. If you constantly allow to some minor players to bash and provoke your first team regulars/tipsters and some other more-contributing members/players they will turn against you. And yes you can dismissed some players/members/tipsters due to your "authorization" but soon your results as team without the some of the best players will force the owner/Terje to dismiss you.

Or if owner will not react fast then instead of fight for Cl you will be like Loserpool, always somewhere in the middle, with more haters then lovers. And some other team/owner/ management respecting players more will profit!

So, my dear DJ, I will not leave BA as you probably wish- if Terje and only him will decide I'm with bad intentions and work against the BA I will leave at once.

We, crishna, rado, achilles, gox are players wanted by fans, maybe not as good like Ronaldo, but like Higuain, Habi Alonso, Khedira or Arbeloa for sure. We create goal chances, we score goals- you can benched us but without as you will not have the same results; after-results will force you either to leave or bring some players back...

Of course, due to our commitment to this club we shall not run for the next club/site at once. We shall wait for some reaction, maybe as a players on loan we shall perform for some other site/forum but always as a members of our beloved BA.

And of course we shall create a new live-score (within a two weeks time)just for the members who are not satisfy with current BA live-score or for the members who likes choice or who would like to be active on both forums.

It will be forum also with basic rules according insulting/provoking/bashing members; words like na*zi or nig*r will be also forbidden but it will be forum you could curse with first letter and stars(but not all of the time like Celtics); of course you could curse like ******g Italians or ******g Macedonians, or ******g Africans if they choke, fix or if you lost money... but there will be no place for members like rege, blutman, kyrilenko...

Since BA live score lost his soul we shall create an option for others with site full of friendly, positive energy, fun&jokes and contributing...

It doesn't mean we shall not participate in BA live-score, we love BA. It will be only second/first option for old and new members.

Comment

• crishna
                          Bettingadvice Tipster
                          • Jun 2003

thats because all eloquent people have left the forum
                          and rest cant read his post where he wrote that he's not admin anyone and doesn't want to be involved in this grotesque.
                          very true...

Comment

• IGUANA
                            • Aug 2006

Originally posted by crishna View Post
                            If you don't have good enough results constantly or if you forced players to act against you(due to your inconsistency or incompetency) you will be disposed soon!!!

We, crishna, rado, achilles, gox are players wanted by fans, maybe not as good like Ronaldo, but like Higuain, Habi Alonso, Khedira or Arbeloa for sure. We create goal chances, we score goals- you can benched us but without as you will not have the same results; after-results will force you either to leave or bring some players back...
                            You must be confused here, so let me shine some light in your head.

This is a public forum... let's underline the word public. So what results are you talking about? It's not a closed forum, and it's not a paid service, so there is no one here to keep scores about how the bets end up, or if the forum is in profit or not. Therefore, the members won't leave because of a drop in results (btw, you seem to have a pretty high opinion of yourself). So don't confuse one with the other.

People come here to share opinions, infos, bets, picks, tips, etc, and will continue to do so, no matter who the moderating staff is, or who the 'livescore-armada' is... if you want results, just stick to the Main Page, and write a formal complaint if there is a drop in results, because at least there is someone to keep track of that.

Originally posted by crishna View Post
                            You or Arbiter or Iguana are not BA- BA is something "sacred", beyond you...
                            Since my name showed up here, I can only assume you have a personal problem against me. I would ask you what it is, but I'm sure I'll get a wall of text cleverly avoiding a clear subject. And also, honestly, I'm not interested...

But, thinking about it, your problem with me comes from last week (I suppose, as I am too little to understand the greatnes of your thinking), when I said you were whining and bitching, and you reported my post.

So congratulations, here is an English lesson for you:
                            to bitch - verb (used without object); to complain.
                            to whine - To complain or protest in a childish fashion.

Sounds familiar? No? Too bad...

Anyway, I can surely be blamed for not being consistent in moderating, because after you reported my post, you 100% deserved a warning for 'abusing the report button', which you did not get, and I am sorry for that.
                            Last edited by IGUANA; 21-02-12, 14:13.
                            http://forum.bettingadvice.com/showp...90&postcount=1

Comment

• beretta
                              BA's only non-peasant.
                              • May 2007

I should add only one thing here, which is obvious and very important:

Admins/mods here don't have 10% of synchron when doing something..This is like one is crying for something on left and other is saying something on right.

Comment

• crishna
                                Bettingadvice Tipster
                                • Jun 2003

Originally posted by IGUANA View Post
                                ...Anyway, I can surely be blamed for not being consistent in moderating, because after you reported my post, you 100% deserved a warning for 'abusing the report button', which you did not, and I am sorry for that.
                                "abusing the report button"... ... beloved Kim Il Sung, pls. come back ASAP...

Comment

Latest predictions

Collapse

Last posts

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Top Tipster Month

Collapse

Top Tipster Overall

Collapse

Favourite bookmakers

Collapse

PINNACLE SPORTS
                                Great bookie, offer superb odds (low margins), very high limits, does not slash winning customers. Probably the most reliable sportsbook on the net. Well known among sports punters for their ability and will to offer a fair product. Pinnacle will not hide. If you are good, you win. OK,  I'll give Pinnacle Sports a try!

Working...
                                X