This site is for adults 18+ due to gambling/betting content. If you have a problem with gambling issues, or need information, please visit:
Gambling Help Online Gamblers Anonymous Gambling Therapy Gamble Aware Jugadores Anonimos JugarBIEN BeGambleAware GamCare

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FIFA considering rules changes that would revolutionise football

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    FIFA considering rules changes that would revolutionise football

    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.giv...football%3famp


    ...but then again, who does?

    #2
    Imo the 30/30 mins clock stop............!!!!!!


    Absolutely needed. ....it should have been done decades ago...abs disgrace. Keepers are taught first how to lose time than actually their task.....

    Would change game in a great positive manner
    ...but then again, who does?

    Comment


      #3
      And then again dumies as always pop up about how changes ruin game and all sort of bullcrap....

      THIS SHOULD HAVE BEEN DONE AGES AGO ALAS FIFA
      DOers were busy counting their robed money.....

      Now that sharp minds like wenger are on positions to make calls should def take down the disgracefull part of this yet beutifull game...... Aka time wastin'
      ...but then again, who does?

      Comment


        #4
        !! Come on wenger get in there cristshakes. !!??
        ...but then again, who does?

        Comment


          #5
          Hehe, it is tough to comprehend such revolutions, but I guess it would further improve the game.
          MacotBet follow me on BA http://forum.bettingadvice.com/showt...=39806&page=34

          Comment


            #6
            yeap .... i would not aply all those changes like that .. its just smthg that anoys me very very much ....

            hell id even would have change to clock stop way before VAR .. or 3 points per win ....

            all other changes .. do not needed ... may end up being another game....


            but why oh why does this sport is diferent to all others ...

            why on earth someone like us that watched 659659654694 games... ended up seeing some puppetiers bussiness in 1/10 of that number multiplied by 90...amount of time... why on earth same knock "injury" feels like oh im dead ill stay here for a couple of minutes .... when ure wining ...whilst same knock/"injurY" takes fraction of second to recover when ure chasing game ... and why do i have to watch trhat abs disgrace .....


            and we are lucky to watch mainly top flight football.... believe me in lower leagues its hilarious ... same player droping dead ... in 5 mins .. keeper well thats a 1000% he will drop dead couse its in the keepers book of "how to be good.." .... of c refs sp on lower leagues do not give a rats arse ... sp if local i swining he will get not only his salary but a well done tap in the back ...

            not only for all the bllscrap that brings the non stop clock would make game way more fluid ... teams that we know ...play that sort of game and master at it may not specialise in it anymore... and all that crap that football is for smarties is just talk the talk .. they all do ... noone is smart only one dawn to have to watch it is spectator....

            i know it anoys many people i just cant see why noone tried to stop it at once ... just my 2 cents ..

            lets see if its serious .. i doubt it will come to effect soon .. looking at how long took var ...


            cheers !!


            btw mate what on earth are slovenians taking for breakfast these days darn you guys bringing so many sport stars lately ! crist just 2M population just saw it on wiki :0 ... might be alps mix with med sea factor...
            ...but then again, who does?

            Comment


              #7

              There are other ways to waste time like when the goalkeepers make a big fuss about saving an easy ball and the ball stays in play so the timer will not be stopped. Or when teams build up an attack until the last third and you can see that they could clearly finish the attack, still, they just turn around and move the ball backwards with no other reason than to guard the result and keep the ball away from the opponent as long as possible. This is more elegant than the Italian job, still, quite annoying (e.g. Real Madrid against Liverpool in the second leg, or the English in some periods against Denmark in the semi-final). I wonder what can be done about it.

              I support it that the throw-in could be kicked. It would speed up the game, as it can be seen in the 5-a-side and futsal games.

              People might misunderstand the 2x30 minutes. It will not shorten the time of entertainment at all. Just look at the NBA games how long the 48 minutes last. It would just guarantee that for 30 minutes the ball is in play.

              I see some issues with VAR. One is that it is humans who judge it. They might not be objective enough. See the Euros.
              I would give the teams access to VAR as well. Furthermore, I would give the teams one or more opportunities to call for VAR. Like the hawkeye in tennis.

              There is a technological issue as well, According to supplier sites the image/stream the VAR receives is 60 fps. When you go frame by frame, the position of a sprinting player can change 10-14 centimetres between frames (25 km/h equals 7 m/s, 30 km/h equals 8.33 m/s ). Or the frame only shows when the ball leaves the foot of the passing player instead of when the player touches the ball, .According to the offside rules the first point of contact matters. These sound like nuances but we see that decisions are based on millimetre differences. Anyway, the digital technology advances so quickly that this might not be an issue for too long.

              My two cents....
              Cheers!
              Last edited by ellas98; 24-07-21, 00:53.

              Comment


                #8
                I wonder if there is 30 minutes/half effective play at present. Anyone seen any stats on this?

                Of course not!
                https://football-observatory.com/IMG...p/2018/242/en/

                According to the link, in 2018 e.g. the CL was second highest and averaged 60.2 %!
                Last edited by ellas98; 24-07-21, 11:05.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Just look at other sports that stop the clock during interrupted play. I won't consider basketball because of the time-outs, but a 10-minute quarter goes for 20 minutes.
                  In Australian Football a quarter is 20 minutes and it actually goes to about 28-30 minutes.
                  In rugby a half is 40 minutes and it goes to about 45 minutes.

                  In football the wasted time has been reduced a lot since they put the ball in play immediately and they don't wait anymore for some ball kid to bring back the ball slowly. However, it would help to have the clock stopped during interruptions.

                  I think there's more than 30 minutes effective play in football.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    I wonder how much impact it will have on Over/Under bets. 2x 30 mins even with interruption doesn't seems great for Over bets. It's just my opinion thought.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      i am for 30x2 but who asks me.. im tired of theatar .. football is ruined completly.. see brugge - eupen yesterday **8230; also it will be better for overs.. more playing time

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by ellas98 View Post
                        There are other ways to waste time like when the goalkeepers make a big fuss about saving an easy ball and the ball stays in play so the timer will not be stopped. Or when teams build up an attack until the last third and you can see that they could clearly finish the attack, still, they just turn around and move the ball backwards with no other reason than to guard the result and keep the ball away from the opponent as long as possible. This is more elegant than the Italian job, still, quite annoying (e.g. Real Madrid against Liverpool in the second leg, or the English in some periods against Denmark in the semi-final). I wonder what can be done about it.

                        I support it that the throw-in could be kicked. It would speed up the game, as it can be seen in the 5-a-side and futsal games.

                        People might misunderstand the 2x30 minutes. It will not shorten the time of entertainment at all. Just look at the NBA games how long the 48 minutes last. It would just guarantee that for 30 minutes the ball is in play.

                        I see some issues with VAR. One is that it is humans who judge it. They might not be objective enough. See the Euros.
                        I would give the teams access to VAR as well. Furthermore, I would give the teams one or more opportunities to call for VAR. Like the hawkeye in tennis.

                        There is a technological issue as well, According to supplier sites the image/stream the VAR receives is 60 fps. When you go frame by frame, the position of a sprinting player can change 10-14 centimetres between frames (25 km/h equals 7 m/s, 30 km/h equals 8.33 m/s ). Or the frame only shows when the ball leaves the foot of the passing player instead of when the player touches the ball, .According to the offside rules the first point of contact matters. These sound like nuances but we see that decisions are based on millimetre differences. Anyway, the digital technology advances so quickly that this might not be an issue for too long.

                        My two cents....
                        Cheers!
                        imo that way of wasting time is legit .... u want the ball take it from me .... of course if you want two ways game whatever score and aims from any side the rules as in handball or basketbll could be used ...no pasive atack tough that is a call from refs wich entre interpretation area ....
                        probably a rule that would give ball to oponent like in basket if it goes backwards to own half would improve a lot fluidity and non speculation traits ... toguether with say 20-30 secs max at own half .... but honestly too many changes would feel like another game ....


                        the other ways to waste time should be punished and since refs will never do it ...clock stop is the way ...

                        i also wonder if 30 mins is right amount ... looks too much ... maybe 25 or smthg like that ...

                        about VAR ... i believe it shall improve over years by itself .... both with more profesional VAR REfS and better and fasters calls ...

                        at EURO it was ok imo compared with bullcrap we have to watch at la liga with 1+ mins average stops and also diferent use depending on who is the ref ....

                        cheers
                        ...but then again, who does?

                        Comment


                          #13
                          also i wonder if at some point we shall see the main refs making calls at VAR instead of the pitch .... then again refs associations would never go for that ...
                          ...but then again, who does?

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by Wilson View Post
                            I wonder how much impact it will have on Over/Under bets. 2x 30 mins even with interruption doesn't seems great for Over bets. It's just my opinion thought.
                            I found a link (see above) showing data from 2018. According to it, 60 % was the largest proportion in effective play that year. It means 27 minutes per half. So, 30 minutes effective play per half would not at all ruin the chances of over. Quite the opposite.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by litost View Post
                              also i wonder if at some point we shall see the main refs making calls at VAR instead of the pitch .... then again refs associations would never go for that ...
                              If the VAR would be used objectively, yes, VAR should take more responsibility and call other questionable situations like corner kick vs goal kick, throw in for which team and so on...

                              Comment

                              Latest predictions

                              Collapse

                              Last posts

                              Collapse

                              Top Tipster Month

                              Collapse

                              Top Tipster Overall

                              Collapse

                              Favourite bookmakers

                              Collapse

                              BET365
                              All-time favourite bookie of Bettingadvice.com due to their great betting offers in many sports, very good live betting and in-game cashouts, and general ease-of-use. Take me to Bet365!

                              PINNACLE SPORTS
                              Great bookie, offer superb odds (low margins), very high limits, does not slash winning customers. Probably the most reliable sportsbook on the net. Well known among sports punters for their ability and will to offer a fair product. Pinnacle will not hide. If you are good, you win. OK,  I'll give Pinnacle Sports a try!

                              Working...
                              X