This site is for adults 18+ due to gambling/betting content. If you have a problem with gambling issues, or need information, please visit:
Gambling Help Online Gamblers Anonymous Gambling Therapy Gamble Aware Jugadores Anonimos JugarBIEN BeGambleAware GamCare

Go Back   Bettingadvice forum > Soccer >
Champions League

Champions League
Predictions and analysis for CL games.
Bet on Champions League at:
PINNACLE - accept very large stakes! Low juice!

Online Sports Betting at Pinnacle Sports
BET365: Simply the best bookie for livebetting! PINNACLE: BA's all time favourite bookmaker. Great odds!

Closed Thread

Old 30-10-11, 16:46   #1
Wilson
Super Moderator

Wilson is on a distinguished road
Default APOEL - Porto 01 Nov

4.38 3.45 1.81

PINNACLE SPORTS: One of the very best. New website!

Old 30-10-11, 23:07   #2
stressina87

stressina87 is on a distinguished road

hi mates i'm tempting to take over 2.5 here but i don't know apoel so much.i saw them only in championsleague.i think cirpiots will score 1 gol minimu.at home they will play attachink more then away sure.porto is better and will try to take 3 point here!i think an open game whint 3 or more goals!any missing for both?
Old 31-10-11, 14:28   #3
tat
Freshman

tat is on a distinguished road

Porto has no injured players.

Porto players travelling to Chipre:

GKs: Helton e Bracali;

Defenders: Fucile, Alvaro Pereira, Sapunaru, Rolando, Otamendi e Mangala;

Midfielders: Fernando, Guarín, João Moutinho, Defour e Beluuschi;

Forwards: James, Djalma, Varela, Hulk e Kléber.
Old 31-10-11, 15:52   #4
APOEL-fan

APOEL-fan is an unknown quantity at this point

first time that i dont see the usual posts (porto 10/10) when my team plays...thats a start :P

on the contrary..i will disagree with one of the posts here

APOEL tactics is to destroy the tempo and the strategy of the opponent in the champions league and then search for a goal as we know that we are the underdog and in comparison with the other teams of this group we lack the neccessary quality. If we give them space they will punish as for sure.

this game is a clear under for me. most probable scores are 0-0 1-0 0-1 1-1
Old 31-10-11, 16:04   #5
afos21

afos21 is on a distinguished road

more or less i agree with APOEL-fan in his approach in this game. I think we'll try to caught Porto napping in the first 10 minutes and then give them space and try to hit on counter.

I expect more or less the same situation the same situation as all games of APOEL this year in Europe. That is to give space to their opponents as we clearly cannot dominate ball possession. I don't think the coach of Porto will do the same mistake as Spalletti did and line-up Porto more defensively so Fernando-Guaring-Mutinho will dominate the midfield line.

There is also a huge question mark for the personal marker of Hulk since left back Boaventura is injured and there are a couple of alternative solutions for coach Jovanovic. Also goallie Chiotis and attacking midfielder Marcinho will be absent.

All games of APOEL ended G/G and 2-3 goals. I expect the same tomorrow. 1-1. 1-2. 2-1 are my guess.
Old 31-10-11, 16:54   #6
delfino
banned

delfino is on a distinguished road

i dont beleive at all in porto this year, especially after i watched them 14 days ago..

their coach is loser, and surely they lack the quality of previous years, apoel was the better team in portugal missing 3 clear chances to win in second half

rodriguez and cleber in attack line are JOKES in my opinion, the only treat for apoel is hulk, and i guess that jovanovic will build a special model to prevent him to touch the ball outside the box

i strongly beleive in apoel victory, coz players of the cypriot team- none of them is cypriot though- very well know that this is the chance of their life, and they are so lucky to have this current porto as opponent to see their dreams come truth.

I am a bit depressed at the moment, coz i lost huge money during weekend

so i will wait news before to place the bet

Apoel fans are like volcano ready to explose and destroy porto, thats guarantee, they are ready to destroy porto from the very first moment of the match

i need few hours to take my final decision

Porto arrived in cyprus and are accomodated here in limassol

thnx
Old 31-10-11, 17:18   #7
Rado

Rado is on a distinguished road

Hulk played crap in last league game, fans booed him when he was taken out and he directly went to locker room. I dont think he is in best shape, mentally and physically.
Old 31-10-11, 21:16   #8
JR78330
banned

JR78330 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by afos21 View Post
more or less i agree with APOEL-fan in his approach in this game. I think we'll try to caught Porto napping in the first 10 minutes and then give them space and try to hit on counter.

I expect more or less the same situation the same situation as all games of APOEL this year in Europe. That is to give space to their opponents as we clearly cannot dominate ball possession. I don't think the coach of Porto will do the same mistake as Spalletti did and line-up Porto more defensively so Fernando-Guaring-Mutinho will dominate the midfield line.

There is also a huge question mark for the personal marker of Hulk since left back Boaventura is injured and there are a couple of alternative solutions for coach Jovanovic. Also goallie Chiotis and attacking midfielder Marcinho will be absent.

All games of APOEL ended G/G and 2-3 goals. I expect the same tomorrow. 1-1. 1-2. 2-1 are my guess.
Who is APOEL's back up keeper and how good is he?
Old 01-11-11, 01:32   #9
gdkapoel
Freshman

gdkapoel is an unknown quantity at this point

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urko_Rafael_Pardo
Old 01-11-11, 01:32   #10
gdkapoel
Freshman

gdkapoel is an unknown quantity at this point

excellent goalkeeper. as good as chiotis
Old 01-11-11, 02:21   #11
athlete_1971uk

athlete_1971uk is an unknown quantity at this point

How is Porto Coach a loser? they sit at the top of their league and have not lost since September v Zenit when if it were not for a red card they would have probably won!

They have won 4 out of their last 5 matches scoring 20 and conceding 1.

I think you're taking your 1 v 1 draw in Portugal as some sort of turning of the tide for your team! Porto will cut you a new arsehole tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by delfino View Post
i dont beleive at all in porto this year, especially after i watched them 14 days ago..

their coach is loser, and surely they lack the quality of previous years, apoel was the better team in portugal missing 3 clear chances to win in second half

rodriguez and cleber in attack line are JOKES in my opinion, the only treat for apoel is hulk, and i guess that jovanovic will build a special model to prevent him to touch the ball outside the box

i strongly beleive in apoel victory, coz players of the cypriot team- none of them is cypriot though- very well know that this is the chance of their life, and they are so lucky to have this current porto as opponent to see their dreams come truth.

Apoel fans are like volcano ready to explose and destroy porto, thats guarantee, they are ready to destroy porto from the very first moment of the match

thnx

Last edited by StEtOc|nA; 01-11-11 at 19:37.
Old 01-11-11, 05:40   #12
Miguel_F
Freshman

Miguel_F is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by delfino View Post

thnx
Hi

Your text is full of nonsense.

First u watched them 14days ago, probably the only game u watced Porto this year (beside Porto vs BArça game i presume) so u base your conclusion in 1 match, nice

U do not know Porto coach but said he´s a loser? Why? Do u know Porto record this year ?

Porto 0 Barça 2
Zenit 3 Porto 1

2 games where Porto had players with a red card ....

And 10wins and 3draws, ok he´s a loser i agree

Than another pearl from you, "... and surely they lack the quality of previous years", when Porto only lost Falcao. Right now FC Porto HAVE THE BEST SQUAD OF HIS HISTORY! Do u know Porto Squad?

Do u know : Iturbe, James Rodriguez, Danilo, Alex Sandro, Kleber, Mangala and theirs respective age?

Do u know Moutinho, Hulk, Alvaro Pereira, Guarin ?

APoel the better team in Porto BIG LOL, with was Apoel + Referee + Supporters

Do u know who James Rodriguez is? In the Summer won best player award at Toulon, right now at age 20 he´s in the 11 of Colombia national team, kmon mn give me a breack with your know. of Porto

Do u know that Kleber was called for the brazilian national team? yeah , Kleber is a joke a huge national joke.

In your dreamland you see Apoel fans playing along Apoel squad? I really dont see that coming but its all possible in these days

Last edited by Miguel_F; 01-11-11 at 05:58.
Old 01-11-11, 05:48   #13
easyliving

easyliving is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, give some point or don't bother to post, useless one liners are not good for anyone... /StEtOc|nA

Last edited by StEtOc|nA; 01-11-11 at 19:38.
Old 01-11-11, 05:51   #14
Miguel_F
Freshman

Miguel_F is an unknown quantity at this point

Infos about Porto and the game :

- Porto in this moment dont have the players at Top, Moutinho and Hulk are below ave. But Hulk can score a goal at any moment

- Apoel stratergy : picth in bad conditions, propably they are suffering water problems in these days

- Porto only have 1PL ( Kleber) so that could be a problem in the 2half

- If Guarin doesnt play Porto will miss some power and strenght at midfield. Guarin right now dont have his "head and mind" in Porto. So if he plays ....

- Porto central defenders will be Rolando and ... ?
1- Otamendi , Porto gains better coverage
2- Mangala, Porto gains strenght and better "aerial game"
Old 01-11-11, 08:29   #15
betaid

betaid is on a distinguished road

APOEL - FC Porto
pick: FC Porto (-0.5)
Champions League
2011/11/1 21:45

odds: 1.81
stake: 10/10
bookmaker: Pinnacle

Absolutely pivotal game for Porto this week as they go to Cyprus to face APOEL.With just 3 points after the first 3 games, Portugal team are enduring worst start to a Champions League campaign since Mourinho's CL winning team. Two changes to this past weekend's squad; Walter exits as he isn't registered. Maicon also exits. In come Fucile and Otamendi. Porto are way behind the football they were playing last year. Team lack offensive power, and rely too much on individual skills. But today they should prove too much for home team, Apoel once more will shut down in defense and rely on counterattacks. Cyprus team was lucky to get out with 1 point from Portugal and their luck must end somewhere. Hulk will terrorize opposition defense and him to score is also a good bet.
Old 01-11-11, 10:06   #16
APOEL-fan

APOEL-fan is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by betaid View Post
APOEL - FC Porto
pick: FC Porto (-0.5)
Champions League
2011/11/1 21:45

odds: 1.81
stake: 10/10
bookmaker: Pinnacle

Absolutely pivotal game for Porto this week as they go to Cyprus to face APOEL.With just 3 points after the first 3 games, Portugal team are enduring worst start to a Champions League campaign since Mourinho's CL winning team. Two changes to this past weekend's squad; Walter exits as he isn't registered. Maicon also exits. In come Fucile and Otamendi. Porto are way behind the football they were playing last year. Team lack offensive power, and rely too much on individual skills. But today they should prove too much for home team, Apoel once more will shut down in defense and rely on counterattacks. Cyprus team was lucky to get out with 1 point from Portugal and their luck must end somewhere. Hulk will terrorize opposition defense and him to score is also a good bet.
maybe we watched different games

i was at dragao and 2nd half my team was in danger of conceeding a 2nd maybe once or twice. porto was trapped and could only rely on hulk's long shots

porto was lucky getting the draw ... taking into consideration the huge one on one in 92nd min of apoel

anyway this a very balanced game.. no clear cut winner or anything. one thing is for sure. this will be a very low scoring match
Old 01-11-11, 10:27   #17
Petas28

Petas28 is an unknown quantity at this point

Agree with APOEL-fan, bet on Porto @ 1,81 stake 10/10 is really crazy, this odds has absolutely nothing value. Take this bet only for one reason that Porto "must win" is very little I think, APOEL also can't losing points. Porto is in this season only shadow of last year team. Porto is for bookmakers still "big name" and APOEL is very underestimated here. Their results aren't be only luck and I think now is value on APOEL side.
Old 01-11-11, 10:39   #18
invasor23
Freshman

invasor23 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by athlete_1971uk View Post
You are deluded! How is Porto Coach a loser? they sit at the top of their league and have not lost since September v Zenit when if it were not for a red card they would have probably won!

They have won 4 out of their last 5 matches scoring 20 and conceding 1.

I think you're taking your 1 v 1 draw in Portugal as some sort of turning of the tide for your shitty team! Porto will cut you a new arsehole tomorrow!
Place a bet on porto frendo , and the cypriot team will cut U a new arse hole
Old 01-11-11, 10:58   #19
betaid

betaid is on a distinguished road

Well we are using flat betting system and all our bets are with this confidence. I don't know maybe we watched different because 30 seconds before Apoel chance Porto had almost the same chance of scoring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by APOEL-fan View Post
maybe we watched different games

i was at dragao and 2nd half my team was in danger of conceeding a 2nd maybe once or twice. porto was trapped and could only rely on hulk's long shots

porto was lucky getting the draw ... taking into consideration the huge one on one in 92nd min of apoel

anyway this a very balanced game.. no clear cut winner or anything. one thing is for sure. this will be a very low scoring match
Old 01-11-11, 11:09   #20
gorica
Freshman

gorica is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miguel_F View Post
Infos about Porto and the game :

- Porto in this moment dont have the players at Top, Moutinho and Hulk are below ave. But Hulk can score a goal at any moment

- Apoel stratergy : picth in bad conditions, propably they are suffering water problems in these days

- Porto only have 1PL ( Kleber) so that could be a problem in the 2half

- If Guarin doesnt play Porto will miss some power and strenght at midfield. Guarin right now dont have his "head and mind" in Porto. So if he plays ....

- Porto central defenders will be Rolando and ... ?
1- Otamendi , Porto gains better coverage
2- Mangala, Porto gains strenght and better "aerial game"
Im APOEL supporter as well and i wil be at the game tonight.
About pitch..excellent condition..We didnt have any rain untill now since last winter..

In my opinion Porto is the favorite as it was in the 1st game.But it will be a completely different game.Apoel will play more attacking football as they play home and they want to take advantage of it.
I dont know how Porto will approach tonights game.If they ll follow Spaletis (Apoel-Zenit),giving Apoel space,then Apoel can cause a lot of problems to them.
For me is a goal/goal match.If i had to choose between 1 X 2 ,i would chose 2,but i hope Apoel will win
Old 01-11-11, 11:44   #21
notomorrow
Freshman

notomorrow is on a distinguished road

APOEL - FC Porto

last season was an absolute high point for porto team, enjoying great team spirit and desire to play game after game. Few teams managed to put serious problems and their game was pure joy to watch. Coach Villas Boas left along with Falcao. But this team is well grounded and its chemistry stands beyond the departure of one player and the coach. I don't see them doing "that" bad as people are stating here. Do you check out the stats? They don't have the fine edge of last season with Hulk not with the GOD mode engaged, but nevertheless Porto possesses some skills and firepower that not a lot of teams in Europe can match.

Time for them to take this match seriously and to develop at their actual potential, specially that a victory tonight cuts them through to the top of the group and I think this is strong motivation. Porto benefit of full squad for tonight. They have the extra energy and skill to leave Apoel behind. I expect a late goal win.

Porto -0.5 @ 1.82
Old 01-11-11, 13:55   #22
neurofunk
Freshman

neurofunk is on a distinguished road

Hello people,Im thinking Apoel-Porto BTS because if Apoel scored in Porto they should score in front of their fans and scoring for Porto is not a problem.

Any opinions?
Old 01-11-11, 14:29   #23
valdi

valdi is on a distinguished road

Some guys here, overestimate APOEL and really underestimate Porto, or simply don't know the real value of that name. Fans don't play on the pitch. Imho, Porto should do the job in Cyprus, after failing to deliver in Portugal. APOEL raised its class, but is still far away from Porto, so the away win is out of question here.
Old 01-11-11, 15:05   #24
FunkyXL

FunkyXL is on a distinguished road

this is my comment for most of above posts. some people never learn obviously. after 3 games and APOEL being on top of the group, people still believe in the name. Do you guys really win some time or you only loose? cause if you bet on names only you surely be on the loosing side in the end. I didn`t read one single logical reason why should Porto win tonight. My preview will be posted shortly.
Old 01-11-11, 15:05   #25
Rolo1984

Rolo1984 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by neurofunk View Post
Hello people,Im thinking Apoel-Porto BTS because if Apoel scored in Porto they should score in front of their fans and scoring for Porto is not a problem.

Any opinions?
LOL so if a team is able to score against barcelona they should be able to score in any other match?

This is not really solid reasoning
Old 01-11-11, 15:12   #26
clansman
Freshman

clansman is an unknown quantity at this point

1. APOEL 5
2. Zenit 4
3. Porto 4
4. Shakhtar 2

Porto schedule
Round 4: @APOEL
Round 5: @Shakhtar
Round 6: vs. Zenit

Come on guys, this is a must win game for Porto. They conceded just one goal in 5 last games with goal difference 20-1. Porto is an experienced team who will know how to deal with the fact that they have to win this game or their European campaign will crash down. APOEL was an outsider in this group and now they are leading the pack. Altough they are still outsiders somewhere in their mind they have the fact that they have a chance to progress from this group and maybe aren't that outsiders that much. They have nothing to loose but still they can loose a lot with the fact that they won 4 points from first 3 rounds and it would be a pitty if they fail.
So I'm not that sure they will sit back the whole match and ih they try to attack a bit that will be enough space for Porto to do something.
APOEL managed to avoid defeat in the first game, will they repeat it? I doubt.
Porto is way stronger team, one of their main goals every year is to make a good Europena result and I'm confident that they will win today.
Old 01-11-11, 15:27   #27
JR78330
banned

JR78330 is on a distinguished road

Porto are not as impressive as the previous seasons. In the previous years, they beat Russian teams with ease and this year they lost 3-1 vs Zenit. APOEL beat Zenit at home. Theoretically, they should be able to beat Porto at home considering they got a draw in Portugal and had chances to score a 2nd goal.
Old 01-11-11, 15:35   #28
kkkk1987
Freshman

kkkk1987 is on a distinguished road

First of all we need to say that Porto are the favourites everybody knows this. But what we need to look here is value. Betting on away win is something reasonable as this result may very well come as Porto is considered to be better in quality terms. However this bet is risky. APOEL in Nicosia is a really hard to break. Two years ago when APOEL squad was much weaker lost only 0-1 against Chelsea and 0-1 against Porto. That game with Porto is the last game that APOEL was beaten in their ground.

Porto is coming with full squad and in must win situation although they are not in their best shape at the moment. APOEL will miss Chiotis goalkeeper, Marcinhio and Boaventura. Chiotis will be replaced by Pardo the newly signed GK and i believe is experienced enough and that wont be a problem. Boaventura is the biggest absent out of three since he is the regular left back and gives headache to home side. Marcinio is an excellent player however Jovanovic has solutions in the midfield to replace him with Belaid.

I know fans dont play football of course but 22 000 noisy supporters in a packed stadium will give the extra boost to APOEL to cover the quality difference.

About goals i think is tricky to place a bet here. But if you ask me i believe also more in under due to APOEL tactics to retain the opponent who is better quality wise but the game can go either way. Both teams are capable of scoring and it can be dangerous after for any under bet. Look what happened with Zenit game.

Value is clearly on home side. The odds are generous and we can find some good bets. If you consider that i really dont remember last time APOEL lost in their ground (or even away) with two goals difference then the +1.0 Asian Handicap more than 1.50 is gift and i will take it as i can cover 1 goal margin win by Porto. Another bet that i can try based on home factor is APOEL not to lose at 2.15 at lower stakes.

My bets for this game:

APOEL +1.0 AH 1.575 @bet365 9/10
APOEL +0.5 AH 2.15 @bet365 5/10

Good Luck to all!
Old 01-11-11, 15:51   #29
kkkk1987
Freshman

kkkk1987 is on a distinguished road

Dont laugh my friend APOEL transforms when they play in home ground in a better way. Home factor plays a role whether you want it or not in Nicosia.

So what i mean is that fans can give the extra passion for players to cover the quality difference and this happened many times in the past.

Cheers hope you get my point
Old 01-11-11, 15:52   #30
athlete_1971uk

athlete_1971uk is an unknown quantity at this point

Oct 19 - Match Stats -

FC Porto Apoel Nicosia
25(9) Shots (on Goal) 8(5)
25 Fouls 21
6 Corner Kicks 4
0 Offsides 3
61% Time of Possession 39%

25 shots to 8 and 61% possession to 39%!

APOEL scored a freak shot from 20 yds!

Porto will win I am 100% certain unless some freak red card!
Closed Thread