BWIN Pinnacle 888sport Bet365 10BET Gamebookers Ladbrokes Betfair BET-AT-HOME Expekt 5Dimes CANBET

Advertisement

Welcome to the Bettingadvice.com forum

Go Back   Bettingadvice forum > Betting aid / strategy > Betting strategies/psychology/money management

Betting strategies/psychology/money management Strategy theory, psychology discussions, everything to do with a bettor's mind! NOT records though, see other subforum for that.

Online Sports Betting at Pinnacle Sports
5Dimes: Great bookie! Very low margins, and quick payouts!! PINNACLE SPORTS: BA's all time favourite bookmaker. Great odds!


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-01-11, 01:25   #1
GFernandez
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Portugal
Posts: 286
GFernandez is on a distinguished road
Default sports arbitrage (surebets) anyone using it?

Hey guys, some of you should remember me for a recent past, i was here to make some predictions on sports betting, for some monthes i've just stoped betting after i lost some money on a stupid way and i got a bit frustrated, however i have betting on my blood and im back.

Im thinking in doing some surebets however i probably dont have a good value to make it, i can spend now around 500.. for bets like 2% profit i can get 10 however i will have some days waiting my profits to have them available on my accounts to play again and again and that will not give me a good profit in end of the month.

I just wonder if there is anyone dong surebets around and what programme you guys using? I like rebelbeting however its not a cheap service and for someone like me that havent a big ammount to spend at begining, paying what they ask will almost kill my income profits. Using free surebets is also not reliable because they can be tricky sometimes.


Money talks...all the time...
GFernandez is offline   Reply With Quote

PINNACLE SPORTS: One of the very best. New website!

Old 06-01-11, 23:02   #2
puntermk
Freshman
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: around the world
Posts: 44
puntermk is on a distinguished road
Default

I was thinking about this for a long time but decided to not do arbitrage. In my opinion it is hard, one mistake can cost you a lot, and even if you do good still there will be some problems, as you said they can be tricky.You should think about that depositing or taking money from different places can cost you some fees. Even if you use some service you can see very often that some price does not exist at some bookies or it is been changes, and also you must use some bookies with bad reputation to find prices that can give you profit.

My advice is stay away from that, maybe someone with positive experience can give better advice ......
puntermk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-11, 00:58   #3
GFernandez
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Portugal
Posts: 286
GFernandez is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by puntermk View Post
I was thinking about this for a long time but decided to not do arbitrage. In my opinion it is hard, one mistake can cost you a lot, and even if you do good still there will be some problems, as you said they can be tricky.You should think about that depositing or taking money from different places can cost you some fees. Even if you use some service you can see very often that some price does not exist at some bookies or it is been changes, and also you must use some bookies with bad reputation to find prices that can give you profit.

My advice is stay away from that, maybe someone with positive experience can give better advice ......
Nice answer. i also am a bit afraid of it.
are you using any bet system to win money? i try it for 3 years but i get a conclusion that is almost impossible to be a well sucesfull gambler betting on sport bet. its all about luck in the end of the day
GFernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-11, 22:27   #4
puntermk
Freshman
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: around the world
Posts: 44
puntermk is on a distinguished road
Default

I play singles, sometimes doubles, not very often more than that.If you bet only on good selected games with good information or research i can tell you that maybe you are not gonna make some big profit but I am sure you are not gonna lose, in worst scenario you will play around with you money for fun.Try to not play too many games in one day or if you have bad streak do not try to win your lost money with one high steak bet, play slow on long term.

Last edited by puntermk; 07-01-11 at 22:52.
puntermk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-11, 22:21   #5
b.a.n.ro
Freshman
 
b.a.n.ro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Here... There
Posts: 179
b.a.n.ro is on a distinguished road
Default

I think that paying some others for "sure bets" it is not a good solution. As someone already mentioned here, that sure bet can end with a surprise and you are losing two times (first - paying for the bet, second - losing your cash on the game).
I suggest you to pick up that so called sure bets by yourself.
I am always relying on teams as Olympiacos, Porto, Benfica, Barcelona, Real. There are some tricky games but if you know how to select the information, you will be successful at the end of the day.

To give you an example. I played today on Olympiacos Pireus and Benfica in combo. Final odds 2.1. I think that you would have paid some serious money to get such sure odds. All you have to do is to find information and to select it (sorry to repeat this but it is important). Olympiacos had to beat Kerkyra, otherwise they would have let just 2 points between them and Panathinaikos. I watched the game. It was 1 way traffic. Kerkyra had no real chances and they had only 5-10 minutes in all the game when they were in Olympiacos' field.
Benfica was travelling to place number 4 (U. Leiria). Leiria lost some important players (+the best attacker) in this transferring period and Benfica is still in need of points to be sure of the 2nd place as I personally think that they can't fight for the title anymore.
The final results were:
Kerkyra - Olympiacos 0-2
Leiria - Benfica 0-3

It is difficult to find singles with odds near 1.9-2.0 so you can double the placed stake but I think that it is the easiest and the safest method to play on singles.

This kind of analysis can be done every week and you will find some good games and I think that your success will be guaranteed. It doesn't worth to pay for games.
b.a.n.ro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-11, 22:29   #6
dejan10
Member
 
dejan10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: yugoslavia
Posts: 318
dejan10 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyTalks View Post
Nice answer. i also am a bit afraid of it.
are you using any bet system to win money? i try it for 3 years but i get a conclusion that is almost impossible to be a well sucesfull gambler betting on sport bet. its all about luck in the end of the day
end of the day can be about luck sure,end of the year or years is 100% skill / no skill
dejan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-11, 12:58   #7
wadood
Freshman
 
wadood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 147
wadood is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

Perhaps can be done, but keep it simple.
Scouting around for improbable bookies is out.
Also start with the bet with the somewhat irregular price and then proceed to the other. This will limit the possibility of mistake, if the price changes.

There are dangers as always when money changes hands.
My great grandfather lost a huge sky scraper the size of Empire State Building, because he was waiting for a shipment of cereals that never arrived (the captain played some sort of trick midseas).
wadood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-11, 08:23   #8
GFernandez
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Portugal
Posts: 286
GFernandez is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by b.a.n.ro View Post
I think that paying some others for "sure bets" it is not a good solution. As someone already mentioned here, that sure bet can end with a surprise and you are losing two times (first - paying for the bet, second - losing your cash on the game).
I suggest you to pick up that so called sure bets by yourself.
I am always relying on teams as Olympiacos, Porto, Benfica, Barcelona, Real. There are some tricky games but if you know how to select the information, you will be successful at the end of the day.

To give you an example. I played today on Olympiacos Pireus and Benfica in combo. Final odds 2.1. I think that you would have paid some serious money to get such sure odds. All you have to do is to find information and to select it (sorry to repeat this but it is important). Olympiacos had to beat Kerkyra, otherwise they would have let just 2 points between them and Panathinaikos. I watched the game. It was 1 way traffic. Kerkyra had no real chances and they had only 5-10 minutes in all the game when they were in Olympiacos' field.
Benfica was travelling to place number 4 (U. Leiria). Leiria lost some important players (+the best attacker) in this transferring period and Benfica is still in need of points to be sure of the 2nd place as I personally think that they can't fight for the title anymore.
The final results were:
Kerkyra - Olympiacos 0-2
Leiria - Benfica 0-3

It is difficult to find singles with odds near 1.9-2.0 so you can double the placed stake but I think that it is the easiest and the safest method to play on singles.

This kind of analysis can be done every week and you will find some good games and I think that your success will be guaranteed. It doesn't worth to pay for games.
this is not a surebet.

A surebet or sport arb as called, is the diference of the odds from the bookies.

You cover all the 3 posibility results from diferent bookies and in the end you are going to have a profit of around 1 to 3% max.

this is surebets i was talking about but nvm, i have just canceled my idea due to high risk of canceled bets.

thanks anyway.
GFernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-11, 08:53   #9
MilosS
banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Kraljevo & Kragujevac, Serbia
Posts: 1,121
MilosS is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyTalks View Post
Nice answer. i also am a bit afraid of it.
are you using any bet system to win money? i try it for 3 years but i get a conclusion that is almost impossible to be a well sucesfull gambler betting on sport bet. its all about luck in the end of the day
blah
MilosS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-11, 14:02   #10
francescosol
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 7
francescosol is on a distinguished road
Default

hi
First of all SureBets are not for everyone
almost all of the people who practice this activity with difficult talk about it in forums, because it holds the secret for himself
I go in this business for 1 year and I start with 10k about which is the minimum bankroll to start with.
now after 1 year I have more than doubled the money, my bankroll has become 20k and I give back some money to my bank account

I started with rebelbetting but it is the fast way to be limited by bookies. betonvalue is the right solution, Because it have Also local bookies (italy, franch, germany etc. ..)

Arber's work can be difficult the first 2 or 3 months, but then, understood the mechanism, the "game" becomes mechanical and you can lower the number of errors.

I recommend it to all those who want gain some ***8364;, but to make this you must have at least an initial bankroll of 10k

PS: sorry for my poor english
francescosol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-11, 19:51   #11
fc arges
Senior Member
 
fc arges's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Roumania
Posts: 1,962
fc arges is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

almost 20k in a yeah from a bank of 10k mhhh i dont know what to say...it's sounds little poor for that money/period of time!

i practiced surebets this summer and made almost 1k in 4 weeks but hade some problems and withdraw them...

Surebets are a investment besides the normal job...you can't make a living from this like but in time you could have some good ca$h in the bank account for your satisfaction when your whit you girl or the boys at a beer or wanting some clothes bla bla...

anyway it's a sure and good way to earn money becouse if you place a normal bet...you dont know if you will win or not...
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by shicne View Post
you'll be even happier when you grow up, and when you realize that you're not a fan of Chelsea but only supporter
fc arges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-11, 17:14   #12
candy123
banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 39
candy123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fc arges View Post
almost 20k in a yeah from a bank of 10k mhhh i dont know what to say...it's sounds little poor for that money/period of time!

i practiced surebets this summer and made almost 1k in 4 weeks but hade some problems and withdraw them...

Surebets are a investment besides the normal job...you can't make a living from this like but in time you could have some good ca$h in the bank account for your satisfaction when your whit you girl or the boys at a beer or wanting some clothes bla bla...

anyway it's a sure and good way to earn money becouse if you place a normal bet...you dont know if you will win or not...
I agree but some of us are really fond of betting and we
cannot blame those who wants it for
recreation at least.. but more than that
Well quit gambling too much bro..
Stay on track and on the limits!
candy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-11, 14:32   #13
francescosol
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 7
francescosol is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fc arges View Post
almost 20k in a yeah from a bank of 10k mhhh i dont know what to say...it's sounds little poor for that money/period of time!

i practiced surebets this summer and made almost 1k in 4 weeks but hade some problems and withdraw them...

Surebets are a investment besides the normal job...you can't make a living from this like but in time you could have some good ca$h in the bank account for your satisfaction when your whit you girl or the boys at a beer or wanting some clothes bla bla...

anyway it's a sure and good way to earn money becouse if you place a normal bet...you dont know if you will win or not...

eheh 99% people try to make surebets, fail!
1k in 4 week is good but if you don't know how to manage, you do not know which bookmaker to avoid, don't know wich deposit and withdrawal methods to use, if you do not have a good betting and bankroll management, you may run into many problems, including non-payment of books.
the surbets seem easy, but unfortunately are not for everyone.
for now, i making 1200-1300 every month with 20k bankroll and im very happy.
this amount of money i not reach with normal job, so for now, arbitrage is my main job
francescosol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-11, 17:14   #14
fc arges
Senior Member
 
fc arges's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Roumania
Posts: 1,962
fc arges is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

i hade writed in a notebook every bookmaker whit the MB as withdraw...there limits and everything

yeah i must say that one time i was left whit a not covered bet but that was my mistake...12bet & tobet...the tobet one was voided and was left whit a 400$ bet at 12bet at the match Honefoss whit i dont know what team hade +0.25 on Honefoss...they hade 1-0...1-1 in 82' and in 89' 2-1 for them

good for u...but i dont know what's you age and if you have a job or not but arbitrage it's not a job it's a income business...maybe you will wake up at 60 years whit no pension a things like this becouse you did not worked
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by shicne View Post
you'll be even happier when you grow up, and when you realize that you're not a fan of Chelsea but only supporter
fc arges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-11, 18:44   #15
kkkkk
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,176
kkkkk is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fc arges View Post
i hade writed in a notebook every bookmaker whit the MB as withdraw...there limits and everything

yeah i must say that one time i was left whit a not covered bet but that was my mistake...12bet & tobet...the tobet one was voided and was left whit a 400$ bet at 12bet at the match Honefoss whit i dont know what team hade +0.25 on Honefoss...they hade 1-0...1-1 in 82' and in 89' 2-1 for them

good for u...but i dont know what's you age and if you have a job or not but arbitrage it's not a job it's a income business...maybe you will wake up at 60 years whit no pension a things like this becouse you did not worked
if someone makes 1000 e or even 10000 e per month with arbing i doubt he will care what he will do at age of 60.
beside that nowadays you get in penison at 60-65 and life up to 75 so you have max 10 years pension. second, my mother get pension at 58 nowadays women get at 63. so how you know what will be situation in Europe in 30 years? You dont, and nobody does. People might retire then at 74, would you care about pension ? No.
So i dont know why you mention pension here, you have at least 5 more important problems when you do arbing.
kkkkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-11, 22:28   #16
Kondor84
Freshman
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 15
Kondor84 is on a distinguished road
Default

I ve been doing it for the past 8 years. It is my main income.
The game became very tough lately. You need a flow of ids if you want to stay in the top. Bookmakers became very fast in limiting players. Life is not easy for a newbie. A newbie needs a mentor that will save time and money for him. Mistakes do happen. Even now, after so many years, i still make mistakes. But the outcome is up, up and up.
I dont know if links are allowed here,
but these 3 are all you need.
www.arbusers.com
www.sportsarbitrageguide.com
www.arbforum.co.uk
Kondor84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-11, 23:53   #17
BetsExperts
Freshman
 
BetsExperts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Croatia
Posts: 81
BetsExperts is on a distinguished road
Default

I agree with Kondor84, its pretty hard. I quit in end of 2009, before that I was in it for 5-6 years ... but lately bookmakers limit after 1-2 bets, even starting limits are smaller. So for fair income its is very hard task and you need to work for it, be very fast ... cause now they last by average 20-30 seconds, before it was 3-5 minutes or even more !

I remember when ARB (sure bet) of 10% was fine, now all above 4% is probably mistake that will be voided, ...

I have so big history, kept it all, I have calculations like, every 33th sure bet is mistake, average ROI or Sure bet is 1.85% (what I traded in 2009), ... Money earned is not so bad, but without other (regular job) just arbing and lots of work, ...

Summ: after while after all limits, I don't think its worth trouble for longer period, .. and again, if you start with it, and limit your account, you lose chance to try other stuff.

I think pure tips are better cause limits are slower and you can play longer, ... and thus earn more ...

There is always trading on Betfair (Back - Lay) but that is different story for that you need to be ROCK (Robot), without emotions ...
BetsExperts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-11, 11:59   #18
Kondor84
Freshman
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 15
Kondor84 is on a distinguished road
Default

Well said BetsExperts.
I just dissagree about the tipping option.
I m looking for a not paid tipster that could maintain a decent ROI over the years. Unfortunaely, there isn't any. Even if there is a 10-12% ROI, does it wort it? Probably not.
My opinion is, that apart from trading, only bonus abusing, using multiple ids, could maintain a nice profit. Combine it with arbitrage, and you have to right package.
Kondor84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-11, 17:51   #19
Andre2999
banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: China
Posts: 18
Andre2999 is on a distinguished road
Default

If you bet only on good games with good information, it means you are not gonna make a big profit, but I am sure you won't lose, in worst scenario you will play around with you money for fun. And try not to play many games in one day or if you have bad streak do not try to win your lost money with one high bet, play slow on long term and luck will bw with you.


bonus slot machines | bonus slots

Last edited by Andre2999; 20-05-11 at 20:39.
Andre2999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-11, 18:44   #20
Roald
Freshman
 
Roald's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Goes, Netherlands
Posts: 100
Roald is on a distinguished road
Default

I use oddsportal surebets. I only take the ''wrong'' odds. Always the same amount of many per bet. For example, Turkey (W) - Belarus (W), I took Belarus +2.5 sets @1.95 Tipico. Pinnacle offered 2.20 for -2.5 and 1.77 for +2.5
Roald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-11, 20:27   #21
arber
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1
arber is on a distinguished road
Default

Hi guys, can you check this out : http://proarbs.com
arber is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



 
Last BA mainsite picks
Updated every 2nd min.

Advertisement




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 14:58.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.