BWIN Pinnacle 888sport Bet365 10BET Gamebookers Ladbrokes Betfair BET-AT-HOME Expekt 5Dimes CANBET

Advertisement

Welcome to the Bettingadvice.com forum

Go Back   Bettingadvice forum > Bookmakers > Bookmaker discussions

Bookmaker discussions Discussions about bookies. Can you recommend a bookie? Got something useful to say, which others might need to know? Say it here. Bad experiences post in the forum below.

Online Sports Betting at Pinnacle Sports
5Dimes: Great bookie! Very low margins, and quick payouts!! PINNACLE SPORTS: BA's all time favourite bookmaker. Great odds!

Old 11-05-10, 20:12   #1
cbll

cbll is on a distinguished road
Default Betting via agents

What's the point of using an agent? Is it too hard to deposit and bet yourself on their website, or whats the hassle?
cbll is offline   Reply With Quote

PINNACLE SPORTS: One of the very best. New website!

Old 11-05-10, 20:14   #2
kkkkk

kkkkk is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbll View Post
What's the point of using an agent? Is it too hard to deposit and bet yourself on their website, or whats the hassle?
people say there are different limits.
kkkkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-10, 13:48   #3
litost

litost is on a distinguished road

Well asian market may work like that in Asia! where you may know the agent or be from your home town with proven record etc but to trust someone you only know through the web w/o reall knowledge about him is far beyong me and i guess anyone ...
btw ..so why do people bet through agents are the limits/lines so diferent? can not just one have account on several asian bookies?

regards.
Old 12-05-10, 13:56   #4
blaudio

blaudio is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimReaper01 View Post
don't want to be rude, but mate, do you have any idea about Asian market and how it works?

because in Asian market there are people that trust 50000 and 100000 on people we call "agents" because this is and angent's work at the end! And the biggest I bet, the biggest he earns!

So 7000 is not that big as it seems to you and especially Nachoman had the same problems with about 20000.

Thanks for letting people know Nacho.
As LITOST said, it doesn't matter what is the amount, 7000 or 70.000 euro... I think nobody can trust someone else only on mails, msn, skype, etc... I personally know a few agents working for SBO, but honestly I would never trust my money to them (and I know how the Asian market works, and I know how sometimes Asian bookies "disappears" stealing money to people, appearing a few months or years later with another name, another license, etc...)
Old 14-05-10, 22:37   #5
Thesoccerexpert

Thesoccerexpert is an unknown quantity at this point

***305; saw the posts about mmmbet here and wanted to contribute. I can also confirm that this guys are cheaters however just after talking about 2-3 minutes online with them its not really hard to understand this.therefore despiteplayng from there ***305; never left big money inside and since my yield is high ***305; sent a friendly warning to the guy informing him about my background a bit. few days later after my withdrawal from there they said me that from now on we cant work with u becouse bank transfer costs is too high etc.excuse was really funny cuz my withdrawal was only 1k gbp from there and u can estimate the high bank transfer cost of that money,***305; sent a mail and said that ***305; can cover bank transfer costs from now on ( ***305; wouldnt do for sure ) and as expected no reply to mail .

And as its saidf they never reply to u when u ask somethng ,indeed they have even no site like that,thyr e just copyng odds thats all,and lookng for some amateurs who can lose money in long term,

STAY AWAY FROM MMMBET
Thesoccerexpert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-10, 23:52   #6
GrimReaper01

GrimReaper01 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuber View Post
Why do we need to go through agent when we can deal directly with the bookmaker itself?
This kind of issue happened from time to time, but most of the time it's because of the middleman being involved, so why don't we learn from the mistake and omit the middleman?
Because we need high limits and access to Asian bookmakers with high limits!

Because moneybookers and NETeller doesn't always offer high limits.

Because direct deposits and withdrawals to bank accounts can easily create problems with law and taxation.

Because a credit card cannot offer the amounts needed for someone to be a proffesional bettor and live his life based on bettin in Asian markets.

Once there were the agents, they offered credit, some guys won good money, bought cars and houses and created fortunes, some guys lost and they never paid the agents and the agents stopped offering credit and f***ed the whole bussiness. Once all you needed to become a professional bettor was an agent and generous credit. Now you need to have a generous amount of money by yourself, give it to the agent and then you may start betting.

Unfortunately, there are some agents that take their revenge for the situation created before with the guys that never paid what they lost.

There are times that you can win 20000 or 30000 with a bet and make the salary for a whole year... It's not really difficult to answer the question of "why we need agents". Because they are the only ones that can offer high limits in Asian bookmakers.
GrimReaper01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-10, 09:32   #7
cuber
Freshman

cuber is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimReaper01 View Post
Because we need high limits and access to Asian bookmakers with high limits!

Because moneybookers and NETeller doesn't always offer high limits.

Because direct deposits and withdrawals to bank accounts can easily create problems with law and taxation.

Because a credit card cannot offer the amounts needed for someone to be a proffesional bettor and live his life based on bettin in Asian markets.

Once there were the agents, they offered credit, some guys won good money, bought cars and houses and created fortunes, some guys lost and they never paid the agents and the agents stopped offering credit and f***ed the whole bussiness. Once all you needed to become a professional bettor was an agent and generous credit. Now you need to have a generous amount of money by yourself, give it to the agent and then you may start betting.

Unfortunately, there are some agents that take their revenge for the situation created before with the guys that never paid what they lost.

There are times that you can win 20000 or 30000 with a bet and make the salary for a whole year... It's not really difficult to answer the question of "why we need agents". Because they are the only ones that can offer high limits in Asian bookmakers.

I still don't quite understand this:
1. You need agent to get higher limit on asian bookmaker? I think we are getting the same limit no matter you are depositing or getting your account from agent (i.e.: SBOBET)
2. Direct deposit and withdrawal create problems? But what will you do if you win huge amount of money from the agent, don't they also need to send it to your bank account?

I think if we are looking for higher limit on asian bookmaker, then samvo (or some other services) come in.

Unless the agent can give you extra limit than what the bookmaker offered (which is very risky, since the agent is taking position against you), I really don't believe why we need an agent or middleman?
cuber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-10, 17:37   #8
asianconnect

asianconnect is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
I still don't quite understand this:
1. You need agent to get higher limit on asian bookmaker? I think we are getting the same limit no matter you are depositing or getting your account from agent (i.e.: SBOBET)
2. Direct deposit and withdrawal create problems? But what will you do if you win huge amount of money from the agent, don't they also need to send it to your bank account?

I think if we are looking for higher limit on asian bookmaker, then samvo (or some other services) come in.

Unless the agent can give you extra limit than what the bookmaker offered (which is very risky, since the agent is taking position against you), I really don't believe why we need an agent or middleman?
The limits are different. - thats for sure.

Check it out yourself.
asianconnect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-10, 22:36   #9
GrimReaper01

GrimReaper01 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
1. Yes sure, 100% different. When I was working with agent I could bet 4000 on a low-leage bet that was no more than 500 in SBObet.

2. Not really big problem... You can fix the problem with the agent, break the money in multiple accounts etc... The problem is the label! If you receive 20k from "SBObet" you have problem, you will not have problem if you receive 20k from "David Beckham" for example.
GrimReaper01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-10, 21:06   #10
MNC

MNC is an unknown quantity at this point

After almost 3 years in this forum i can say Asianconnect's broker service is more than reliable.
One thing is for sure : if you're a winner he will be more than happy to have you on his side because the service is not like those agents betting against you.
MNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-10, 17:57   #11
paul

paul is an unknown quantity at this point

a couple of things: in Asia almost everybody bets with agents, but they know well them...mmmbet close winning accounts?? it's not a good asian bookies as they neve close winning accounts.
paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-10, 20:01   #12
asianconnect

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul View Post
a couple of things: in Asia almost everybody bets with agents, but they know well them...mmmbet close winning accounts?? it's not a good asian bookies as they neve close winning accounts.
Yes. Everybody bet with agents in Asia. But this does not mean that all agents are rich enough to honour winnings. All agents in Asia have bad debts, so if agent is not financially strong enough, they might not be able to pay out to winning customers.

One good way to know how strong is your agent is to ask a screen shot of their agent account. See how much credit they are given. The credit amount will be a good guide to how strong the agent is. You should look for agents who have few hundred thousands of credit. The more the merrier. If credit is big, this means that they have a good social or credit standing in their place. This work the same for credit card.
Old 21-05-10, 15:39   #13
paul

paul is an unknown quantity at this point

You're right...but I wanted to tell a different thing: usually bettors know well their agents and know if they trusthworthy or not.
paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-10, 17:49   #14
1907zico

1907zico is on a distinguished road

What do those Agents earn from?
1907zico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-10, 18:20   #15
kkkkk

kkkkk is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1907zico View Post
in most cases : percentage from your loses
kkkkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-10, 19:44   #16
asianconnect

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1907zico View Post
2 options for agents.

1. Position sharing - this means that agent can bet against a % of your member bets. If your members lose, this means agent win. But if your member win, agent lose.

2 Commission - Based on turnover and the type of spread, agent are paid commission based on the turnover of members. Void,refunded,drawn bets are excluded from turnover.

The standard for commission is like this -

5% spread - 0.25% commission
6% spread - 0.5% commission
7% spread - 0.75% commission

In asia, as market is very competitive, it is common for agents to give all commission to members. There are also agents which give extra commission out of their own pockets to members as they want to bet against stupid punters who lose in long run.
Old 22-05-10, 15:46   #17
hellsing69
Freshman

hellsing69 is on a distinguished road

Id rather go online by myself tahn bet through agents. I think it's too risky to trust people nowadays especially when there's money involved.
hellsing69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-10, 15:56   #18
asianconnect

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellsing69 View Post
Id rather go online by myself tahn bet through agents. I think it's too risky to trust people nowadays especially when there's money involved.
Agreed but there is no other solution to bet big . If you are small small bettor, or you are stupid bettor, you can do without agent.

Using of agent is for making bigger bets, better odds.
Old 20-02-12, 15:33   #19
Radler
Freshman

Radler is an unknown quantity at this point

this agent is responsible for your bets, so if you are willing to bet high stakes he place your bets on the market that offers best odds, more info about agents, percentage of winning/loss, limits you can find at bet-ibc.com also there you'll find a category called vip bets and a good description on how agents operate with your bets
Radler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-12, 07:40   #20
asianconnect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radler View Post
this agent is responsible for your bets, so if you are willing to bet high stakes he place your bets on the market that offers best odds, more info about agents, percentage of winning/loss, limits you can find at bet-ibc.com also there you'll find a category called vip bets and a good description on how agents operate with your bets

For all people info, bet-ibc, bonusbonusbonus are not regulated. They have no license. In Europe laws , it is illegal to operate like this.

Can also see that bonusbonusbonus is from germany, which in our opinion is very strict country.
Old 22-02-12, 17:40   #21
horia1
Freshman

horia1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianconnect View Post
For all people info, bet-ibc, bonusbonusbonus are not regulated. They have no license. In Europe laws , it is illegal to operate like this.

Can also see that bonusbonusbonus is from germany, which in our opinion is very strict country.
My friend I'm sorry to do this but you're way too wrong, bonusbonusbonus is from Austria (Austria is not Germany FYI), and is very popular in Europe. Just read an article on pokernews http://www.pokernews.com/news/2012/0...-com-11883.htm take a look, I don't think that they're not legit in ibcbet business is their reputation in game. So I think you skipped your homework, or maybe you're right, anyway I'm using their site for reviews and poker tournaments, haven't dealt with ibcbet yet but I'm looking forward to get an account there, because I keep having the same old problem with the bookies (they limit or ban my account)
horia1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-12, 19:17   #22
asianconnect

Quote:
Originally Posted by horia1 View Post
My friend I'm sorry to do this but you're way too wrong, bonusbonusbonus is from Austria (Austria is not Germany FYI), and is very popular in Europe. Just read an article on pokernews http://www.pokernews.com/news/2012/0...-com-11883.htm take a look, I don't think that they're not legit in ibcbet business is their reputation in game. So I think you skipped your homework, or maybe you're right, anyway I'm using their site for reviews and poker tournaments, haven't dealt with ibcbet yet but I'm looking forward to get an account there, because I keep having the same old problem with the bookies (they limit or ban my account)
Can always go directly to sbobet.com

Even if it is in Austria, a company need to be licensed to collect deposits.
Old 23-02-12, 10:50   #23
stefan2008

stefan2008 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
There are also agents which give extra commission out of their own pockets to members as they want to bet against stupid punters who lose in long run.
Can you please clarify this ? How one can lose more than a vig in the long run ? Other than fading a winning player.
stefan2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-12, 18:18   #24
asianconnect

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan2008 View Post
Can you please clarify this ? How one can lose more than a vig in the long run ? Other than fading a winning player.
hi stefan2008, i cant understand your question. what you mean by vig?
Old 23-02-12, 20:11   #25
saint_mario

saint_mario is an unknown quantity at this point

Vig = Juice = Bookie's profit

Ref http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vigorish
saint_mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-12, 02:01   #26
asianconnect

Quote:
Yes, this is happening in certain markets which are known to have big losers. So if comm is 0.25%, agents give extra 0.25% to 1%.

The culture is different. Those people are not using mathematics to make decision. They just see reports.
Old 24-02-12, 11:01   #27
stefan2008

Quote:
Yes, this is happening in certain markets which are known to have big losers. So if comm is 0.25%, agents give extra 0.25% to 1%.

The culture is different. Those people are not using mathematics to make decision. They just see reports.
Thanks for reply. However, I'm not sure you understood my question.

What's your definition of 'big losers' ? How is it possible for punter to lose more than he has to pay to bookie, in the long run ? My point is that it takes same amount of ingenuity to beat the juice no matter if you're losing or winning player. Consider the following offer +0.5 1.91 1.91 -0.5 , you're going to hit 50% no matter how bad you are, monkey would do it. You suggest that there are people who are actually worse than that (in the long run ofc) ?
Old 24-02-12, 15:36   #28
Zé Pequeño
Freshman

Zé Pequeño is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

What's your definition of 'big losers' ? How is it possible for punter to lose more than he has to pay to bookie, in the long run ? My point is that it takes same amount of ingenuity to beat the juice no matter if you're losing or winning player. Consider the following offer +0.5 1.91 1.91 -0.5 , you're going to hit 50% no matter how bad you are, monkey would do it. You suggest that there are people who are actually worse than that (in the long run ofc) ?
I may step in here with an example, Asianconnect can feel free to correct me if I got it wrong:

starting odds at an asian bookie are 1.96 - 1.96 and one side has value. What happens next?
1) smart punters bet on the value odds -> odds move down
2) odds get adjusted to no value by the book, because of the money staked
3) some people continue betting on the dropped odds, because they think it is still ok -> odds drop even more, not slightest value left. Even line is changed to worse one.
4) the mention stupid guys see that odds drop, they think "oh, big syndicate hit the team A, so they must win!" -> they take odds with very big juice for the bookie.

You see, with very stupid betting its easy to lose more than bookies margin. That is what many (asian) punters do.
Your are right off with starting odds, those should be more or less correct and you end up losing the juice +-0 one would think
Zé Pequeño is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-12, 17:14   #29
asianconnect

Quote:

the issue here is the staking. You ever see people doing betting on all games, all over or all unders. Also, with chasing. under and unders. All this will lead to big losses.
Old 24-02-12, 20:02   #30
stefan2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zé Pequeño View Post
I may step in here with an example, Asianconnect can feel free to correct me if I got it wrong:

starting odds at an asian bookie are 1.96 - 1.96 and one side has value. What happens next?
1) smart punters bet on the value odds -> odds move down
2) odds get adjusted to no value by the book, because of the money staked
3) some people continue betting on the dropped odds, because they think it is still ok -> odds drop even more, not slightest value left. Even line is changed to worse one.
4) the mention stupid guys see that odds drop, they think "oh, big syndicate hit the team A, so they must win!" -> they take odds with very big juice for the bookie.

You overlooked a few things.

Firstly, what you mean by 'not slightest value left' ? There have to be value on the other side if drop is big enough. In that scenario syndicate will bet the number which is off thus correcting the market.

Quote:
some people continue betting on the dropped odds, because they think it is still ok
Placing -EV bets does not automatically lead to 'more than vig' loses.

Dumb bettor cannot distinguish between sharp and square money so your fourth point is plain wrong imo.