BWIN Pinnacle 888sport Bet365 10BET Gamebookers Ladbrokes Betfair BET-AT-HOME Expekt 5Dimes CANBET

Advertisement

Welcome to the Bettingadvice.com forum

Go Back   Bettingadvice forum > Other sports > Horse racing / Trotting

Horse racing / Trotting Horse racing, and effectively all kinds of racing involving horses.

Online Sports Betting at Pinnacle Sports
5Dimes: Great bookie! Very low margins, and quick payouts!! PINNACLE SPORTS: BA's all time favourite bookmaker. Great odds!

Old 24-01-08, 14:40   #1
Onslow

Onslow is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Trotting - Finland/Sweden/Norway

All Nordic trotting under this title!

Lahti race 5

Brownie - Stone Capes Fox 2 2.00 @ Nordicbet

Two horses of totally different class. Odds are smaller for Brownie because 1) Stone Capes Fox comes from a break 2) Brownie has showed decent form lately, but not still placing very high 3) Stone Capes Fox leaves 20 meters behind Brownie. In any case, I believe in Stone Capes Fox. She has raced in all the toughest races for 4 year old fillies last year whereas Brownie has raced in ordinary races without mentionable success. Tapio Perttunen's stable is in great form and he brings back horses in good condition. Also, the race track website ranks Stone Capes Fox as nr 1 horse of the race.

[edit. Odds went up to 2.00!]
Onslow is offline   Reply With Quote

PINNACLE SPORTS: One of the very best. New website!

Old 25-01-08, 00:15   #2
bufe

bufe is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
I have a rather extended database made of my own on Swedish drivers (evaluating their abilities/performance), but I lack Finnish, Danish, or Norwegian one. Could you give me any useful link (or even your own shortlist on good/bad drivers) so as to have any wider picture?
bufe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-08, 10:16   #3
Onslow

You can see the Finnish driver statistics for 2008 at:

http://www.hippos.fi/hippos/listat/v...ajaliigavo.php

It should be updated quite often. The most recent update is 20.1.2008. My own thoughts:

1. Antti Teivainen and Ari Moilanen are the best ones in Finland. Can get the most of out horses and somehow manage to find good positions.

2. Mika Forss and Akseli Lahtinen are the rising stars. Both can have aggressive and odd drives every now and then but mostly very reliable.

3. Esa Holopainen, Tapio Perttunen, Pekka Korpi, Eero Hakkarainen are top drivers who do steadily well without the extreme skill of Teivainen and Moilanen.

4. Markku Nieminen is an excellent trainer but only mediocre as driver.

5. Mauri Jaara and Jarmo Saarela are the absolute dominators in Northern Finland (Oulu/Uleåborg, Tornio/Torneå and Rovaniemi).

6. Harri Koivunen does very well at Turku/Åbo. Prefers to drive on the inner lane.

I have no specific information concerning Norway or Denmark. Eirik Höitomt could be the best in Norway? In Denmark Birger Jörgensen does well.

There'll be a short break of trotting tips on my behalf since I'm off to Paris to see the Prix d'Amerique! http://www.prix-amerique.com/
Old 25-01-08, 12:01   #4
bufe

bufe is an unknown quantity at this point

1. thanks for your detailed evaluation

2. best wishes to Nouba du Saptel in paris
bufe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-08, 12:31   #5
Onslow

I'll be cheering for Meaulnes du Corta myself. Moreover, I'm very happy to finally see Going Kronos running. Hoppas bara att Lutfi lyckar med körningen...