This site is for adults 18+ due to gambling/betting content. If you have a problem with gambling issues, or need information, please visit:
Gambling Help Online Gamblers Anonymous Gambling Therapy Gamble Aware Jugadores Anonimos JugarBIEN BeGambleAware GamCare

Go Back   Bettingadvice forum > ChitChat and Competitions > Contests/Competitions

Contests/Competitions Forum contests and other competitions run by BA or other websites. Join and win!!
PINNACLE - accept very large stakes! Low juice!

Online Sports Betting at Pinnacle Sports
BET365: Simply the best bookie for livebetting! PINNACLE: BA's all time favourite bookmaker. Great odds!

Old 10-05-18, 19:01   #1
Macot
Super Moderator

Macot is on a distinguished road
Default WORLD CUP POD RULES!!

I was talking with owner of the site, Terje and he agreed to organize a special WORLD CUP POD!
Price booty will be a bit higher than for regular POD, 1st place will be awarded with 150 EUR, second place with 100 EUR and third place will bring 50 EUR!

At the same time, we will change the regular POD a bit, so June and July are going to be merged, 15 picks will be needed to finish the competition and prices are going to be as usual (110 EUR - 60 EUR - 30 EUR).

Here are the rules:

As I already announced inside "WORLD CUP POD" thread, we will organize a special competition during WC in Football (Russia, 2018).

The Competition

The competition has the purpose to gather the best bets of a certain day of WC 2018. It's for fun, but the competition can also be a good place for tipsters to find picks quicker than browsing all pages. You can place your Pick of the day and score points if it satisfies the conditions that are stated below. The competition lasts one month and in that period, a contestant must give exactly 8 picks. YOU CAN ENTER THE COMPETITION UNTIL IT IS POSSIBLE TO PICK EIGHT POD-s. It means, entering competition after only 7 days of the WC left, is not possible. Every missing pick till 8 at the end of the month will be punished with -100 points per missing pick.
You must be a registered user of this forum to participate. You must have a unique IP address, not more than one competitor can use the same address.
Odds must be between 1.50 and 3.50 and only odds taken from these 3 bookmakers are allowed:

Bet365
Pinnacle
SBOBet

You must write arguments for your pick or at least give a link to a prediction on BA main page, written by yourself.
About the conditions

Anyone is free to open the new thread if we haven't posted the first message after 22.00cet (or GMT +1). But if you do so, you must add the sponsor's banner and text at the bottom of the message, plus short version of rules. You can copy the code by pressing the quote-button on earlier Pick of the day-threads or simply drag the mouse over sponsor text selecting it, then copy and paste it in the new POD thread's starting post. Eventual mistakes in the starting post will be corrected by the mods.

You can only give one pick per day. Your pick must be different to all other placed picks, but you can back another team/player in the same game as someone else has taken. For your pick to count, it must be posted at least 1 hour before the event starts.

You can back the same team/player as someone but you need to take a different bet type (for example handicap bet, different game total etc.). But this rule applies only for quarterfinals/semifinals/finals of the WC!!! In the group phase of WC and in 1/8 finals you can take picks that were already taken by other users!!! Exceptions will be made only if your pick is similar to the one taken before, but only if time difference between the picks is not bigger than 10-15 minutes.

You can take these bet types (but only inside allowed odds from 1,50 to 3,50!):

-Asian handicap bets (final or HT)
-European handicap bets (final or HT)
-Over/Under bets (Game total) (final or HT)
-Home/Draw/Away bets (final or HT)
-Double Chance (1X,12,X2)
-Both teams to score (Yes/No)
-Half time/Full time
-Player to score (anytime scorer, first scorer)
-Number of corners (final or HT)
-Number of cards
-First team to score (Yes/No)
-Second team to score (Yes/No)
-number of goals scored team 1/team 2

You can choose the games/events from the bookmakers listed above, but they must start before 10.00 CET the next day.
Events that start between 00:00 CET and 10:00 CET belong in the previous day's thread. Things to be clear, the events starting exactly at 10.00cet, do not belong to the previous POD day thread.
You must write the correct bookie and correct odds in the time of your posting.
If moderators of the competition need a proof about the correctness of the bookie and the odds, have right to ask it from the competitor that posted the pick.
A pick without comments will not be regarded as a valid pick. You must write why you have chosen the pick or at least give a link to your own prediction at Bettingadvice. Write your preview with your own words, copy/paste from other members or external sites is strongly forbiden, unless its obvious it is your writing there as well. It's not enough to write "Team A is much stronger, they will crush team B" or analysis based only on statistics. Have in mind that the purpose of the forum is to help other tipsters find good picks. Write sport,league or livescore link if you think it's necessary. Post your pick at least an hour before the game starts. When the game has finished, moderators will add the final result in your post.
You can not edit your posts in POD. If somehow you have forgot an important thing to write, like Odds, Bookie, Statistics or you have some errors that are important to be corrected, post a second post on time in the same thread with the correction in it.
YOU SHOULD ALSO ADD NUMBER OF PICKS MADE SO FAR AND SCORE TO EVERY POD MADE.
It should look like: (Pick #x, score: +xxx x/x).
Everyone knows his own statistics and should write it, regardless if his results of the previous days are marked or not.
If you have time, its a good thing you copy your pick/preview to the corresponding BA subforum, for the pick to be discussed further.

Scoring

A pick that was wrong will cost you 100 points. When you've made a correct pick, and it satisfied the conditions, you will gain 100 (Odds-1) points. For example, a successful pick @ 1.85 will give you 85 points. This is the net profit if you had staked 100 units. Asian Handicaps will be calculated accoringly to the net profit. It is not allowed to pick odds below 1,50 and above 3,50.
The contestant that scores the highest number of points with 8 picks, will win the monthly competition. In case he fails to give 8 picks, 100p-for every missing pick- will be deducted from his score.
To win Special WC POD you MUST make 8 bets ! Hopefully we will have time to update the standings everyday, but there may be some delays from time to time.

Cancelled Bets

Regardless of every bookies policy in order for a bet to stand, the game (whatever sport) must end normally. If (for any reason) it is suspended then any picks on this game will be considered as VOID!
The exception will only be made if the POD competitor has "days trouble", or has no spare days for another POD pick and its not his fault (pick taken before postponement) that the event didn't started or finished. This way, the pick will counts as 0 in the statistics.

The prize

The winner(s) will recieve money prize. We will personally contact the winner as soon as the round has finished.

Disputes

The organisation reserves the right to exclude picks and contestants from the competition, when they feel it is necessary. Don't forget this competition is for fun in the first place, and honesty is the best policy. If you have questions, suggestions or comments about the competition or the standings, send a private message to one of the moderators .

No fighting over stolen picks or any other reason should take place in the competition. Those who have problems with other members should P.M. any of the moderators in order to solve the problem. FIGHTING IS PROHIBITED.

Good luck to all!!!!!

Last edited by Macot; 30-06-18 at 07:11.
Macot is offline   Reply With Quote

PINNACLE SPORTS: One of the very best. New website!

Old 10-05-18, 19:42   #2
eldie57

eldie57 is on a distinguished road

Team goals are a good bet
eldie57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-18, 19:53   #3
Macot
Super Moderator

Yes, I think that would be allowed.
Also, I would limit number of picks for the competition to 8.
That would be enough, would make the competition more interesting till the end. Also there will only be 2-3 matches per day and later even less.
I am thinking about 6-7 different specials that could be possible to take, but they all need to be short term, connected to games, for instance red and yellow cards, corner bets, teams to score, both to score y/n and so on.
Old 10-05-18, 20:38   #4
eldie57

eldie57 is on a distinguished road

Wow corners and card bets would be great and different twist
eldie57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-18, 21:10   #5
Macot
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by eldie57 View Post
Wow corners and card bets would be great and different twist
Only for World Cup POD!
Old 11-05-18, 16:29   #6
hashishmaster

hashishmaster is on a distinguished road

This sounds great and very interesting imho. Maybe also goals in 1st/2nd half besides that you mentioned. Think that should be fair amount of bets to be taken.
hashishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-18, 19:02   #7
petráš

petráš is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi. My first value touch is to take Costa Rico to go through to the next round.
Odds around 5.
Last World Cup they were fantastic team.
Also the group is poor. Brazil and three same nations Serbia, Switzerland and Costa Rica.
If they will win against Serbia in the first match everythink could be possible. So for me 5 is a pretty good value.
Second
Croatia to not pass the group. They got stars but luck that they will play final championship. I dont see here any chance to change. GL.
petráš is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-18, 17:33   #8
Louis

Louis has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Because it's World Cup, there will be some surprises at big odds.
Even in group stage there will be winners at 3.00, 4.00 even at 5.00 odds.
Or at goals where they need goal difference at last group stage round.
I agree with red cards and corners bets too.
Or Suarez to bite someone bets

I suggest odds for WC POD to be from 1.50 to 3.50.

Cheers friends
Old 14-05-18, 21:57   #9
KL1NCUNT

KL1NCUNT is an unknown quantity at this point

Wait, so I don't understand the merging thing, I mean I understand we merged June and July to have higher prizes for World Cup POD but does that mean that regular and WC POD will be played at the same time? Like separate competitions?

Like for example, somebody played WC POD for June but he also wants to play June/July merged POD, can he post the same WC picks on both PODs or how does it work?

Or WC bets are only allowed for WC POD?

Also, last time we had this in 2016 for EURO I think Foxccs allowed all kinds of bet, like over halftime and under halftime etc.

Even though I was all for lower odds in regular POD I must agree with Louis here, specials and other bets for WC POD are useless if odds are only 2.25, I think odds should be 3.50 for WC POD, otherwise specials and other bets hold no value really. But of course keep the lower odds for normal regular POD 2.25.
KL1NCUNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-18, 18:10   #10
Macot
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KL1NCUNT View Post
Wait, so I don't understand the merging thing, I mean I understand we merged June and July to have higher prizes for World Cup POD but does that mean that regular and WC POD will be played at the same time? Like separate competitions?

Like for example, somebody played WC POD for June but he also wants to play June/July merged POD, can he post the same WC picks on both PODs or how does it work?

Or WC bets are only allowed for WC POD?

Also, last time we had this in 2016 for EURO I think Foxccs allowed all kinds of bet, like over halftime and under halftime etc.

Even though I was all for lower odds in regular POD I must agree with Louis here, specials and other bets for WC POD are useless if odds are only 2.25, I think odds should be 3.50 for WC POD, otherwise specials and other bets hold no value really. But of course keep the lower odds for normal regular POD 2.25.
Rules are not set yet but I agree with higher odds, all kinds of specials (which we will define) and also these POD competitions will be separate and they will take place at the same time.
I lean towards the rule that we would not allow WC picks in regular POD. I would reserve that competition for other picks, which will be plenty in June and July.
Old 21-05-18, 22:33   #11
Valverde

Valverde is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macot View Post
Rules are not set yet but I agree with higher odds, all kinds of specials (which we will define) and also these POD competitions will be separate and they will take place at the same time.
I lean towards the rule that we would not allow WC picks in regular POD. I would reserve that competition for other picks, which will be plenty in June and July.
Right statement as usual Macot. I agree with You
Valverde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-18, 20:10   #12
ivan-dzo

ivan-dzo is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Agree!
Old 27-05-18, 10:20   #13
KL1NCUNT

Quote:
I also lean towards that rule, I agree Macot!
Old 28-05-18, 14:32   #14
Nesquik

Nesquik is on a distinguished road

I will certainly win it
Nesquik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-18, 21:10   #15
Macot
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nesquik View Post
I will certainly win it
You are welcome to do so.
Old 31-05-18, 21:44   #16
Macot
Super Moderator

OK fellas, I prepared the template for rules, you have time until 10th of June to propose changes, I would not go to huge corrections, but I might forgot something and would really like to have consensus for this POD which should be the best ever.
Note, we will limit picks to 8 so that we have an interesting and tight competition. Also, this way everyone will really try to give their best and also i expect more people to finish the competition as it would be more tense until the last stages (quarters, semis, finals.

Intentionally I decided to leave first stage and 1/8 finals totally open: we will allow same picks to be taken by more competitors, so that everyone has a chance to take really their best pick.
But from quarters on we will go back to normal rules and only one pick per same bet will be allowed: so that we would not see people who will try to defend their leading positions, to take the same pick as their competitors who try to overtake, took before them. So, to keep the competition clean.

So, shoot, tell me if you like the rules, if you propose changes and until 10th we will have them sorted out to the perfection!
GL all
Mac
Old 31-05-18, 22:23   #17
WiserthantheCrowd

WiserthantheCrowd is on a distinguished road

I agree to the rules. I'd already like to "reserve" AH odds on Morocco versus Iran (-0.25 at 2), Portugal (-1 at 2) and Spain (-1.25 at 2) so that's 3 bets right there... Just kidding... I'll also take the AH on Saudi Arabia and Panama to lose their respective matches with higher than expect margins - they're prime candidates for big defeats and 0 point totals in what may end up not being the highest-scoring WC... So now we're at 9 (half-jokingly)... I'm definitely on board and think that 8 is a reasonable number for each of us to work with... As with snooker, I expect much better odds in the first round of matches before teams become better known. As we go along prices will inevitably adjust and it will be more difficult to beat the market but we'll see...
WiserthantheCrowd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-18, 22:25   #18
WiserthantheCrowd

WiserthantheCrowd is on a distinguished road

I meant Morocco +1 and +1.25... We'll see how the odds develop... Should be fun.
WiserthantheCrowd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-18, 17:42   #19
KL1NCUNT

Quote:
OK fellas, I prepared the template for rules, you have time until 10th of June to propose changes, I would not go to huge corrections, but I might forgot something and would really like to have consensus for this POD which should be the best ever.
Note, we will limit picks to 8 so that we have an interesting and tight competition. Also, this way everyone will really try to give their best and also i expect more people to finish the competition as it would be more tense until the last stages (quarters, semis, finals.

Intentionally I decided to leave first stage and 1/8 finals totally open: we will allow same picks to be taken by more competitors, so that everyone has a chance to take really their best pick.
But from quarters on we will go back to normal rules and only one pick per same bet will be allowed: so that we would not see people who will try to defend their leading positions, to take the same pick as their competitors who try to overtake, took before them. So, to keep the competition clean.

So, shoot, tell me if you like the rules, if you propose changes and until 10th we will have them sorted out to the perfection!
GL all
Mac
I agree with everything and I like the idea of 8 picks and same picks allowed until final stages, but my only concern is that a lot of people will maybe miss the rules or won't see that and they will get confused and get their picks voided.

Hopefully I'm wrong and they will read the rules.
Old 03-06-18, 18:07   #20
Macot
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiserthantheCrowd View Post
I agree to the rules. I'd already like to "reserve" AH odds on Morocco versus Iran (-0.25 at 2), Portugal (-1 at 2) and Spain (-1.25 at 2) so that's 3 bets right there... Just kidding... I'll also take the AH on Saudi Arabia and Panama to lose their respective matches with higher than expect margins - they're prime candidates for big defeats and 0 point totals in what may end up not being the highest-scoring WC... So now we're at 9 (half-jokingly)... I'm definitely on board and think that 8 is a reasonable number for each of us to work with... As with snooker, I expect much better odds in the first round of matches before teams become better known. As we go along prices will inevitably adjust and it will be more difficult to beat the market but we'll see...
Hehe, you will be abbe to place all your bets as we will allow same bets on same teams during early stages.
What Kl1NCUNT said is also true, so I really hope people will read rules carefully. I tried to make them logical and easy, similar to what we have in normal POD; but of course due to WC specifics we had to make some changes.
Old 07-06-18, 19:44   #21
MarianoV6

MarianoV6 is an unknown quantity at this point

Macot, are team goals allowed after all? I saw you agree with Eldie57 but i didn't read it at the rules (or did i missed it? )
MarianoV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-18, 19:49   #22
Macot
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarianoV6 View Post
Macot, are team goals allowed after all? I saw you agree with Eldie57 but i didn't read it at the rules (or did i missed it? )
I have added it now.
Old 07-06-18, 20:30   #23
MarianoV6

MarianoV6 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks mate! One more thing to ask

I believe the classic rules of POD applies here as well, which means a bet can be posted one hour (the latest) before kick off, right? The problem is with picking goalscorer bet because line ups are also coming out one hour (approximately) and no one is that fast to type on time his bet

Is it like betting in a company? Bet is ok even if the player comes in from the bench etc etc or can we make an exception for this kind of bet since it has a risk with the player coming late in the game or not at all? Just for the POD to be valid, something like "this kind of bet can be posted 45 minutes before kick off".
MarianoV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-18, 20:51   #24
Macot
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarianoV6 View Post
Thanks mate! One more thing to ask

I believe the classic rules of POD applies here as well, which means a bet can be posted one hour (the latest) before kick off, right? The problem is with picking goalscorer bet because line ups are also coming out one hour (approximately) and no one is that fast to type on time his bet

Is it like betting in a company? Bet is ok even if the player comes in from the bench etc etc or can we make an exception for this kind of bet since it has a risk with the player coming late in the game or not at all? Just for the POD to be valid, something like "this kind of bet can be posted 45 minutes before kick off".
I would not like to move the timing to 45 minutes, the problem is this is still a competition that is followed by thousands of people and the point is that they can pick in time.
It is always the case: rules of a bookmaker that is stated at the pick apply.
Perhaps there could be more cancelled bets due to players not featuring, but on the other side, max odds are 3,50 so you won`t be able to bet on "Navas to score a hattrick @200.000" and players that will have odds below 3,50 to score will surely feature at the end..