BWIN Pinnacle 888sport Bet365 10BET Gamebookers Betfair BET-AT-HOME Expekt 5Dimes CANBET

Go Back   Bettingadvice forum > Other sports > Other Sports

Other Sports For those of you wanting to discuss other sports not mentioned in their own subforums. Could be golf, sailing, table tennis, athletics, formula1, etc
Expekt - 100% bonus, get it here!!!

Online Sports Betting at Pinnacle Sports
BET365: Simply the best bookie for livebetting! PINNACLE: BA's all time favourite bookmaker. Great odds!

Old 14-04-17, 23:52   #1
Macot
Super Moderator

Macot is on a distinguished road
Default Snooker - World Championship 15/4/2017 - 30/4/2017

Date: 15.4.2017
Sport: Snooker
Event: World Championship
Start time: 11:00
Game: Anthony McGill (Eng) v Stephen Maguire (Sco)
Pick: Maguire (-1,5) AH @2,15 or more!
Bookies Offer: SBO Bet @2,18!
Stake: 10/10
Analysis:
Finally it is so far. World Championship in Snooker! I will try to watch every single match and of course propose some bets. This is the first one and it is going to be on a Scot, which never realized all his talents, but is still one of the best players on the tour.
Maguire needed to qualify for Sheffield and he looked strong. 10-7, 10-3 and 10-5 were his results against Lertsattayathorn, Bond and Li Hang and I am sure he will come to the Crucible in his top form. This seasons was average upon his standards and the season improved in the last couple of months.
On the other side, McGill is having a very poor season with one exception: he managed to win Shootout tournament (where it is only one frame played and time for each shot is limited). He came to crucible as top 16 player, although this season he fell down to 24th place in earnings list.
I think Maguire is a better player and he is in better form. I propose handicap, they play best of 19 (first to 10) so I think it will be a rarity to see a 10-9 result. My call is Maguire 10-7!
GL all!

PINNACLE SPORTS: One of the very best. New website!

Old 16-04-17, 00:19   #2
Macot
Super Moderator

Date: 16.4.2017
Game: Shaun Murphy (Eng) v Yan Bingtao (Chi)
Pick: Bingtao @2,85 or more!
Bookies Offer: Pinnacle @3,00!
Analysis:
We had a good start with our pick on Maguire, he won with ease. Now we will take a longshot with great alue: Yan Bingtao is 17 years old wonder kid from China, who already managed some great wins this season. He is fantastic potter and although his tactics is not yet perfect, he can give a really good game to any of the players. Among his pray this season were Selby and also his today`s oponent, Murphy. Bingtao managed to beat hime 5-4 on German Masters and lost 5-6 against him in International Open...
Murphy on the other hand is unpredictable and although pretty constant, he did not made any worthy results this season. He can go from great game to really poor one in a matter of minutes and thus can not be trusted. He looks a bit disinterested to me this season and motivation could be a problem. Tomorrow he will be under hige pressure from Chinese player and we will see how he will react.
It will be tight, you can take +2,5 handicap for decent odds, but I go with clear win. My call is 10-8!
GL all!
Old 17-04-17, 17:47   #3
Macot
Super Moderator

At 5:9 this looked lost but now it is 8:9 and those who took handicap won. And it is still open for a straight win. As i wrote. Murphy as said from fantastic to **** and vice versa. Young chinese great prospect... he needs some expirience. Let us see. ***9786;
Old 17-04-17, 18:32   #4
Macot
Super Moderator

A pity he lost on a black ball 8-10 at the end, good performance but he needs a couple of years more to be able to win against the top echalon players like Murphy.
Old 17-04-17, 22:02   #5
k_man

k_man is an unknown quantity at this point

watched the game and was very impressed by Yan.
k_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-17, 21:59   #6
Macot
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_man View Post
watched the game and was very impressed by Yan.
He will be a great player. At 8-9 he was sooo unlucky, should be 9-9 and decider...

Date: 19.4.2017
Game: Ryan Day (Wal) v Xiao Guodong (Chi)
Pick: Guodong @2,45 or more!
Bookies Offer: Pinnacle @2,48!
Analysis:
So far, we had our better picks on the shortlist, but this one should give us some new confidence. Ryan Day was never known as a mentaly strong player for big occaions. He has talent and can play beautiful snooker, but in a long run he always get caught with poor streaks and mental breakdowns. This season is very solid for him, but on WC he was never a top places contender. He managed three quarterfinals so far.
On the other side, I have noticed the potential of Xiao Guodong. He has a very solid season behind him as he managed to win against some top players (Murphy, Robertson, Holt, Maguire)... he managed his first ranking tournament finals at Shoot Out (where he lost to McGill) and in qualifications for this event he was very, very strong: 10-4 against Burns and Mark King are results worth respect.
I can see a great battle, my call is Chinese player 10-7!
GL all!
Old 19-04-17, 23:12   #7
Macot
Super Moderator

Date: 20.4.2017
Start time: 14:00
Game: Stuart Bingham (Eng) v Kyren Wilson (Eng)
Pick: Wilson @2,45 or more!
Bookies Offer: Pinnacle @2,46!
Analysis:
Finally, pick of the day: it is not often that head to head plays decisive role, but in this case it is a very important factor. Both these players are among the top at the moment, Bingham is conistant and he won the title here a couple of years ago. Kyren is a player in coming and although rather inconsistant, he can motivate himself, he fights and has a lot of qualities.
But as said, the important reason for this bet is also an imaculate statistics in favour of Kyren Wilson. These two played eachothers 4 times so far and Wilson won all four encounters. And he won it with great dominance: the latest was only 14 days ago in China, when Wilson won 5-2. Before that he won 3-0, 3-1 and 5-1, so he is 16-4 frames against today`s oponents. Obviously, Stuart does not like to play against Kyren.
These odds are not realistic, we will continue with good snooker picks!
GL all!
Old 20-04-17, 23:10   #8
Macot
Super Moderator

Date: 21.4.2017
Game: Liang Wenbo (Chi) v Ding Junhui (Chi)
Pick: Ding (-4,5) AH @2,60 or more!
Bookies Offer: Pinnacle @2,62!
Analysis:
This is our second pick on second round of World Championship in Snooker which is played in The Crucible in Sheffield. I did not mention an importnt fact tha second round is played in three sessions and they play to 13 frames (best of 25). So such handicap is actually not so big, Ding needs to win 13-8 or more.
And he is able to do so. Although he trails his compatriot in head to heads (2-4), he won the longest matches they played (10-8 on WC in 2008 and 7-2 in 6Red competition). So, when it matters the most, he knows how to dispose of Liang.
Also, formwise, Junhui looks better: he has a solid season and is eager to finally clinch the most important title in Snooker.
Wenbo on the other side had a good season, too but he sometimes plays weird snooker, with some strange decisions. Also often he does not appear focused, so I must give advantage to Ding.
My call is Junhui 13-7!
GL all!
Old 23-04-17, 00:10   #9
Macot
Super Moderator

Date: 23.4.2017
Game: Neil Robertson (Aus) v Marco Fu (Hkg)
Pick: Robertson (-2,5) AH @2,25 or more!
Bookies Offer: Bet 365 @2,25!
Analysis:
Finally our next snooker pick: this is 2nd round encounter between best Australian snooker player Neil Robertson and a legend from Hong Kong. Both are in terrific form, but I saw huge cracks in Fu`s game in previous round against Luca Brecel. With such game, he will lose badly against Aussie.
Robertson decided to skip China Open and he used that week for thorough preparation on World Championship. If it is to be judged upon his performance in the first round (10-4) than he should dominate here. He has the game Fu does not like, a combination of good safety, calm approach and terrific potting. Robertson is still a very good player although this season his results were not so good.
I go against Fu because he really did the mess in the first round. HE was very lucky to qualfiy for the second round, brecel lead him all the time, until the very end. 10-9 win was a good reward for Fu`s approach, he never gave up, but his game was not at his best.
I expect Robertson to win this, my call is 13-9!
GL all!
Old 24-04-17, 23:22   #10
Macot
Super Moderator

Date: 25.4.2017
Game: Kyren Wilson (Eng) v John Higgins (Sco)
Pick: Wilson (+2,5) AH @2,25 or more!
Bookies Offer: William Hill @2,25!
Analysis:
I was thinking about this time for a long time and was analysing pro`s and con`s and at the end I think this is a good pick. Of course Higgins is a legend and he still plays on the highest level, his season is very good but he is not getting younger.
In the previous rounds, one of the best Scottish sportsmen eliminated Gould 10-6 and Allen 13-9 and showed some great snooker. He managed to keep upper hand over both of oponents, but against Allen it was Irish player who actually lost the match as he threw away several frames, that were more or less won for him. Higgins used his mistakes and punished him.
But Kyren is a different sort of player: very gutsy, actually one of the strongest mentally, he will shoot on Higgins from all the guns he has. A very strong potter and break builder, Kyren will try to outscore Scot and will try to get out of long, tactical frames. He showed against Bingham that he can stay calm and I really expect him to have a go on Higgins.
I am sure this will be very tight, this is a generational match, Kyren is coming, Higgins is on his slow decline and I expect them to go all the way. The longer it takes, the tougher will be for Higgins. My call is Kyren to win 13-11, but I propose you take the safer option.

Date: 25.4.2017
Start time: 15:30
Game: Mark Selby (Eng) v Marco Fu (Hkg)
Pick: Selby (-3,5) AH @2,30 or more!
Bookies Offer: no offer yet!
Analysis:
Well, this is a must take, although while I am writing this, the match between Robertson and Fu is still on. But that is perfect for Selby, he is now resting in his Hotel and watching them fighting for the last place in quarterfinals and will surely be better mentally and also phisically.
But that is not the main reason to take this bet. Even more importantly, both Fu and Robertson play this Championship well below their real capabilities. The match they are playing today is one of the worst I ever watched, so many mistakes and poor play. And even in the first round they were not at their best, so I am sure the winner will further struggle in the next round.
Selby of course is again playing well. He is #1 in the World at the moment, always among the best in every tournament and he is incredibly tough to get beat. He has great scoring ability, his safety play is second to none and mentally he is a monster. So, a perfect player.
I propose you take this confidently, of course you can take lower handicap, but odds on -3,5 will probably be even better than @2,30!
My call is 13-7 Selby!
GL all!
Old 25-04-17, 16:01   #11
Macot
Super Moderator

Selby 4-0 up, hope he continues like that!
Old 26-04-17, 12:00   #12
Feri
Super Moderator

Feri is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macot View Post
Selby 4-0 up, hope he continues like that!
Haven't watched/played snooker for a long time but circumstances (our cat ) forced us to watch this interesting skills sport again. The pic is from Ding's game yesterday, but it is the same situation today, when our 'snowball' was enjoying Selby's 5 frame win opener and now the continuing from 10:2 (44:0) and it's really a masterpiece what he's offering.

Great pick M!

Last edited by Feri; 26-04-17 at 12:12.
Feri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-17, 17:24   #13
Macot
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feri View Post
Haven't watched/played snooker for a long time but circumstances (our cat ) forced us to watch this interesting skills sport again. The pic is from Ding's game yesterday, but it is the same situation today, when our 'snowball' was enjoying Selby's 5 frame win opener and now the continuing from 10:2 (44:0) and it's really a masterpiece what he's offering.

Great pick M!

Hehe, fantastic!!
Thank you, mate!
Will try to find a couple more for the next days.
Old 26-04-17, 21:58   #14
Macot
Super Moderator

Date: 27.4.2017
Event: World Championship - Semifinals
Start time: 14:00
Game: Mark Selby v Ding Junhui
Pick: Selby (-3,5) AH @2,35 or more!
Bookies Offer: Bet 365 @2,37!
Analysis:
This for me is going to be the much better of the two semifinals. Both players play really well and watching Selby it seems to me he will be unstoppable to win his third World Champion title. Simply, he is imaculate, all of the aspects of his game are fantastic and his current form is the best I ever saw him playing. And he is number 1 on the World.
For me, the winner of this match is going all the way. There is one interesting fact that is on Junhui side: O`Sullivan lost 6 quarterfinal matches in his career here in The Crucible and all four winners against him went on to win the title that year! That is pretty amazing, but on the other hand, only a fluke.
Now, this handicap might look huge, but you need to know that this is best of 33 frames and the winner needs to win 17 frames. So, 17-13 or more are preferred wins for Selby.
I am well aware of the fact that it won`t be easy, but Selby has advantage over Junhui in his safety play and he is also a lot more determined player, Junhui sometimes losses his concentration and against Selby that will cost hime.
My call is Selby 17-11!
GL all!
Old 29-04-17, 12:02   #15
Macot
Super Moderator

We will see this afternoon how the match between Selby and Junhui finishes but one thing is sure. The winner of that match will go all the way, I can nost see Higgins or Hawkins winning it, Selby and Junhui are one level about both of them.
So, we will see what the odds for finals will be, but I expect handicap of about -2,5 and that is playable.
GL!
Old 30-04-17, 00:44   #16
Macot
Super Moderator

Date: 30.4.2017
Event: World Championship Finals
Game: Mark Selby v John Higgins
Pick: Selby (-4,5) AH @2,20 or more!
Bookies Offer: so far only Unibet @2,30!
Analysis:
Finally, the great couple of days are coming: 4 sessions in the last chapter of this fantastic event and two almost legendary players. But there is a difference among them, at the moment Selby is by far the best player on the World and he should be able to win his 3rd title. He was romping through the draw and only Ding was able to give a good fight. Still, for me Ding v Selby was the finals before the real finals and they both played great snooker.
Higgins on the other side, did not. A 41 years old actually managed one of the best tournaments this season, he looked really strong on occasions, but all the time he was also making occaional mistakes. These were not punished against Hawkins who was visibly tired and so John is in the finals.
Bookmakers are very clear about the favourite here and I need to agree with them. This time, I am convinced they even gave too high odds on Selby (up to 1,40) cause for me this is not a metter of who will win but with what margin the win will happen. My call is confident one: Selby (-4,5) AH @2,20 or more, he is simply unvincible at the moment, he should win this without much effort. My call is 18-9!
GL all!