This site is for adults 18+ due to gambling/betting content. If you have a problem with gambling issues, or need information, please visit:
Gambling Help Online Gamblers Anonymous Gambling Therapy Gamble Aware Jugadores Anonimos JugarBIEN BeGambleAware GamCare

Go Back   Bettingadvice forum > Soccer >
England/Scotland/Ireland/Wales

England/Scotland/Ireland/Wales
English, Scottish, Irish and Welsh soccer leagues. Analysis and predictions, from Eng Prem to Conference. From Scottish Premier to 3.div.
Beat an English bookie in his backyard!: BET365

Online Sports Betting at Pinnacle Sports
BET365: Simply the best bookie for livebetting! PINNACLE: BA's all time favourite bookmaker. Great odds!

Old 10-08-17, 21:48   #1
HeatAr

HeatAr is on a distinguished road
Default England PL Opening round (11.08-13.08)

The PL is back and the new season will get underway on Friday evening with Arsenal hosting Leicester. I will try to write a preview about every game, but I will only give bets for a few of them. I hope to hear some thoughts from the other PL tipsters like freak, ninja or anyone else who would like to share smth.
Arsenal – Leicester
Transfers: Arsenal have so far got Lyon’s topscorer Lacazette and Schalke’s full back Kolasinac on a free transfer. They have lost Szczesny to Juventus, but that is the only significant departure. However there are huge doubts on their best player from last season – Alexis Sanchez. Rumor has it he wants to leave for City and reunite with Guardiola, but after Van Persie’s departure to United (which a lot of people agree brought the title to Old Trafford) Wenger is unwilling to sell to a PL rival, and it’s said he would only let Sanchez leave for another league. It is believed that Alexis is willing to let his contract run down and leave on a free transfer next summer. However he is out for this game with abdominal problem. Messut Ozil is also out with ankle injury, while it’s unclear at the moment whether Mertesacker will take part in tomorrow’s game, because he had to be stitched after a collision with Garry Cahill on Sunday.
Leicester: They have got Harry Maguire from Hull, who I think is a good signing for them and he should slot straight into the CB position. They also got Jakupovic who is supposed to replace Ron-Robert Zieller who left for Stutgart. The got Sevilla’s captain Vicente Iborra, Sam Hughes from Chester, who I honestly do not know and most notably Kelechi Iheanacho from Man City. The most important departures are the ones of Marcin Wasilewski and Bartosz Kaputska. The last on is on loan at Freiburg. There are intense rumours about Mahrez’s desire to leave for a bigger team. It is said that his preferred destination is Arsenal, but it looks like they don’t want him. Roma are the only team to have bid for him, but they haven’t matched Leicester’s valuation of him. Another players who is rumored to be on his way out is Danny Drinkwater, with Chelsea his most likely destination. Conte is looking for a replacement for Matic and considering Drinkwater’s growth and the fact that he formed a formidable partnership with Kante in Leicester championship season it’s no wonder Chelsea are looking at him. However he only signed a new contract last year and Leicester are not eager to sell him.
Curious stats:
Leicester are on a 21-game winless run against Arsenal in the Premier League (D7 L14), with their only win against the Gunners coming in their first ever Premier League encounter in November 1994 (a 2-1 victory).
Arsenal have won each of their last 10 Premier League home encounters with Leicester City; their joint longest winning streak at home against a single opponent.
Jamie Vardy has scored Leicester City's last three goals against Arsenal in the Premier League, scoring the opening goal twice. However, he is yet to end up on the winning side.
The Gunners have won only one of their last seven opening day Premier League fixtures, losing three of the last four (W1 D3 L3).
Arsenal haven't lost three consecutive opening day fixtures since 1960.
Leicester have won just one of their last eight Premier League games to start the season (4-2 over Sunderland in 2015, D4 L3).
I will definitely not bet on this game, cause I cannot trust Arsenal. There were positives from their game against Chelsea, but I still think there remain some issues for them, especially at the back. They will also be without their best two players from last season – Ozil and Sanchez.
Leicester on the other hand improved under Shakespiere last season, they don’t have the pressure to defend the PL title, so I believe they will be more relaxed now.
I don’t like the odds for Arsenal win (1.50), but if I had to pick a bet it would Arsenal to win by a goal or Arsenal to win and BTS. With their issues in defence they can’t be trusted and as I already said they have been very poor on the opening day for some time now.
HeatAr is offline   Reply With Quote

PINNACLE SPORTS: One of the very best. New website!

Old 11-08-17, 03:18   #2
Urpo
Freshman

Urpo is on a distinguished road

Everton - Stoke+2 X (Unibet 4.90)

Finally Premier League!

Rooney made a return to the Merseyside, which should give some sort of a boost to the home side, but is it enough? Romelu Lukaku scored 25 times last season.

Everton a strong side, and has been predicted to be in top 6.

Previous season was fairly difficult for Stoke in Premier League (13.). Can they do any better this time? During last campaign Stoke seemed too many times slow and effortless, and there's not too many new faces in the squad. Instead of that, Arnautovic left for West Ham, and there not a proper replacement for him.

Are Rooney, Sandro and Klaassen able score goals? Against Stoke, i think so. Everton to take 3 points!

WBA - Bournemouth 1 (Unibet 2.40)

Tony Pulis and WBA. Last season WBA had 40 points already in february, at the end of the season they had 45. Seems like WBA began preparing for this season already after february? Albion's ball posession was 40,7%, which is the worst in EPL. WBA is strong in corners and free kicks (last season 20 goals).

Bournemouth was promoted to Premier League 2015 and has been able to stay up since. Eddie Howe brought in Ake and Begovic from Chelsea, Defoe (Sunderland) and Mahoney (Blackburn).

Last time (february) WBA managed to beat Bournemouth 2-1 at home.

Darren Flecther's transfer to Stoke may cause some issues to WBA, but despite of that WBA is stronger at home than Cherries.

WBA to take 3 points!

Follow this tip live:
Here!
Urpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-17, 10:53   #3
lukefinleymarsh
banned

lukefinleymarsh is on a distinguished road

It's the Premier League's opening day! Here's the best betting pick for the match: Arsenal v Leicester.

Asian Handicap Betting Recommendation: Leicester 0.50 at 2.740

Arsenal issues from last season, mainly a weak defense and gaps in midfield. A star center back and a strong central midfielder should***8217;ve been high on Wenger***8217;s shopping list, but the Frenchman has not addressed those areas yet. This could prove costly. At the same time, Arsenal has struggled in recent years against Leicester, despite winning the tie at the Emirates by a goal to nil last year. Leicester is strong, combative and plays well on the counter at speed, something Arsenal has failed to deal with.

Read the full preview because it includes two more Premier League matches for the weekend.

Best of luck with your betting!

-- Luke M
lukefinleymarsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-17, 19:38   #4
el_mago
Freshman

el_mago is on a distinguished road

Finally Barclays Premier League is coming back :-)

First game of the season at Emirates. First games are always difficult to predict so stake always small or no bet ;-)

Since Arsene Wenger switched Arsenal from 4 line defence to 3 line on the back their record in Premier League is great, 7 wins and only 1 lost against Spurs away but White Hart Lane was most difficult ground to play last year (17-2-0). So I believe they will start league well from the very first day :-) My prediction 2,3-0,1 for Gunners and Lacazette will score at least once. Good luck!

Expected line-ups
Arsenal: Cech; Holding, Mustafi, Monreal; Bellerin, Xhaka, Elneny, Kolasinac; Sanchez, Iwobi, Lacazette
Leicester City: Schmeichel; Simpson, Morgan, Maguire, Fuchs; Mahrez, James, Iborra, Ndidi, Albrighton; Vardy

Regards
el_mago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-17, 20:18   #5
Cafa

Cafa is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by el_mago View Post
Arsenal: Cech; Holding, Mustafi, Monreal; Bellerin, Xhaka, Elneny, Kolasinac; Sanchez, Iwobi, Lacazette
Alexis Sanchez is out. He won't play tonight.
Cafa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-17, 21:03   #6
el_mago
Freshman

el_mago is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cafa View Post
Alexis Sanchez is out. He won't play tonight.
Yes, right.

I just did copy-paste from good-english site about soccer didnt even read, didnt think they can do such a mistake.

Thank you mate for quick reaction :-)
el_mago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-17, 23:23   #7
HeatAr

This is simply laughable – one guy copy-pastes fake information about one of the most popular league in the world, which basically means that you can double, triple or even check in 10 different sources. The other guy sais that “Arsenal has struggled in recent years against Leicester” right after I have posted that 1) Leicester are on a 21-game winless run against Arsenal in the Premier League (D7 L14), with their only win against the Gunners coming in their first ever Premier League encounter in November 1994 (a 2-1 victory) and 2) Arsenal have won each of their last 10 Premier League home encounters with Leicester City; their joint longest winning streak at home against a single opponent. If you call that a struggle I don’t know what your definition for success might be….
Anyway Arsenal did win, but they were as poor as I expected.

Watford – Liverpool
Transfers: Watford have so far got Tom Cleverley, Will Hughes, Kiko Femenia, Nathan Chalobah, Daniel Bachmann, Richarlison and most recently Andre Gray. Richarlison is definitely one worth watching as he was wanted by some big clubs. Watford also have e new manager – Portuguese Marco Silva who managed Hull for the second part of last season. The only major players who has left the club is Mario Suarez.
For this game Watford will miss Craig Cathcart because of a knee injury, Christian Kabasele due to a hamstring problem. Mauro Zarate, also knee, remains a long-term absentee. It’s unclear whether the club captain Troy Deeney will be able to take part as he had a groin surgery and faces a late fitness test.
Liverpool
They have so far got Dominic Solanke from Chelsea, Mo Salah from Roma and Andy Robertson from Hull. They haven’t got a CB though, which I consider very important, as they were unable to get their top target – Southampton’s Van Dijk. They also couldn’t get another target – Leipzig’s Naby Keita.
I can’t think of any important player who has left the club. However there have been major doubts about Emre Can who is a target for Juve and has one year on his contract. The other major problem is Coutinho, who officially handed in a transfer request as he wants to play for Barcelona. This is a big concern, which I feel could really poison the atmosphere ahead of the opening day and the important CL tie with Hoffe. FSG (Pool’s owners) say that Coutinho is not for sale and Klopp has repeated that, but who needs a players who doesn’t have motivation to play. There have also been rumors that Coutinho’s relationship with Klopp is very bad, as the players feels he has been used in many different positions and has been substituted too many times last season.
For the game Liverpool will be without Coutinho, who has a back problem and has handed a transfer request. They will also miss Daniel Sturridge (thigh).
Prediction:
After what happened today I am seriously considering whether to bet on this game at all. Liverpool’s issues from last season remain (defence) and despite the addition of Mohamed Salah, who will surely make them even better in attack the concerns at the back is serious. Also the Coutinho issue may affect the players. Marco Silva already beat Liverpool once last season with Hull. Liverpool also tend to struggle against compact and organized opposition who knows how to close down the open spaces. Looking at Watford’s preseason results they have definitely worked on their defence – they have a clean sheet in their last 4 games. However it’s one thing to shut down the likes of Eibar, Real Sociedad, Aston Villa and Plzen and it’s completely different to shut down Liverpool possessing the firepower of Firmino, Salah, Mane, Lallana, etc. Besides last year Watford didn’t have a good defensive record so how much could they have improved in 3 months?
In my mind I have no doubt that Marco Silva will try to cover the spaces and hope to get a point or hit Liverpool on the break. This is what Burnley did in the second round of last season. Burnley had a much better defense than Watford though and Liverpool missed Mane back then though and I think he is their most important player, may be even more important than Coutinho. It’s also the beginning of the season so Liverpool will be fresh. And Salah and Mane will put huge pressure on Watford’s fullbacks and I don’t see much quality in this area of Watford’s defense.
Another huge factor for this game should be the fact the Liverpool have to travel to Germany and play away at Hoffenheim in just 3 days. This is going to be a CL qualifier and it very important for them.
I think that the longer the 0-0 stands the better chance Watford have to cause an upset and get smth from this game. This is why I think that if Liverpool win they will have done it at halftime already. The first goal may be hard to come by but once they score it could get very ugly for Marco Silva’s debut. Also I am sure Klopp will want to close the game as soon as possible so the team can focus on the upcoming CL match. This is why I recommend one of the following bets: either Pool to win at halftime (2.20), Liverpool to win at half-time and full-time (2.50) or last Liverpool -1AH at HT (4.25). All prices are from bet365. The one bet I favor the most is the last one as the odds are very tasty.
I just want to add smth very important which I haven’t mentioned: for the time being I want bet more the 2/10 or 3/10 units as it’s still early in the season.
I will write more tomorrow!
Old 11-08-17, 23:38   #8
ApostaGanha
banned

ApostaGanha is on a distinguished road

Chelsea vs Burnley

I***8217;m hoping for a strong start from the Blues imposing their style of play with a lot of intensity and offensive movements, so I think it is a natural consequence of that playstyle that they should be winning at halftime.

The match should be easy and I don***8217;t fancy Burnley to be able to keep up.

Pick: Chelsea to win the 1st half

https://www.inside.bet/betting-tips-...remier-league/
ApostaGanha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-17, 00:13   #9
ApostaGanha
banned

Brighton vs Manchester City

Therefore, I believe in a City going full steam ahead on the start of this Premier League. This odd was over evens and it really caught my attention, so I***8217;m going with Man City to score 3 or more goals in the match.

Pick: Manchester City Team goals ***8211; Over 2.5

Old 12-08-17, 02:54   #10
ApostaGanha
banned

Manchester United vs West Ham

Furthermore, the chances of having a match where both teams score is high.

Lukaku should want to get on the scoresheet already on this 1st match, to prove his doubters wrong, while West Ham***8217;s transitions can be deadly even if they aren***8217;t able to create that many chances.

Pick: Both teams to score

Old 12-08-17, 02:55   #11
ApostaGanha
banned

Watford vs Liverpool

Both Marco Silva and Jurgen Klopp value good football and are usually able to put their teams playing offensive and quality football on the several game processes, and I don***8217;t expect this match to be any different.

This way, I expect two teams trying to play offensive football and, therefore, an exciting match with a lot of goals, being that I fancy a first half with at least 1 or 2 goals.

Pick: 1st half goals ***8211; Over 1

Old 12-08-17, 09:56   #12
ninjami
Freshman

ninjami is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatAr View Post
This is why I recommend one of the following bets: either Pool to win at halftime (2.20), Liverpool to win at half-time and full-time (2.50) or last Liverpool -1AH at HT (4.25). All prices are from bet365. The one bet I favor the most is the last one as the odds are very tasty.
very nice previews man, this one and the one on arsenals game excellent and wright on spot.
about liverpool game to mention that Lallana will not play, that narrows the creative part in the middle, but makes place for a good ofensive 4-3-3 formation. but nevertheless i agree with your point if view, but with the liverpools defence problems you mentioned i will go for BTTS and maybe add over 2.5, Gray could make one on his debut

Good luck
ninjami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-17, 10:22   #13
ninjami
Freshman

BHA vs Manchester City

Not much to say about this game, BHA are newcomers, we need to see how will they approach the PL. I haven't watched any of their games even in the championship but looking at the stats they look like they are offensive team on home ground which is good for goals.
City is a class of team, they will fight for the title this year and with United and Tottenham i think will be the top 3 teams, just my opinion

City -1.5 AH at 1.95 is my bet. i think that Brighton can't cope with the likes of Jesus, Aguero, De bryne, Ederson, Da Silva, Toure, Sane, that is a lot of offensive power that can make a difference. With the latest aquisitions ( Kyle Walker, Danilo, Ederson, Bernardo Silva, Benjamin Mendy) Pep is preparing this team to play his game, the one he had at Barcelona, with quick defenders and good and stable midfield.

I can't see anything less than a big win by City, so the handicap is pretty good choice for me.

Good luck
Old 12-08-17, 10:28   #14
iulinel

iulinel is on a distinguished road

Watford

Out: Cathcart, Dja Djédjé, Kabasele, Zárate

Doubts: Deeney, Hoban

Liverpool

Out: Clyne, Coutinho, Lallana, Sturridge

Doubts: Sakho, Wilson

Deeney wasn't on training camp at friday and most likely the new record high signing Andre Gray will take place. For Liverpool Salah-Firmino- Mane most probably will start in the attack. Jurgen Klopp created in Liverpool something what he was using at Dortmund- fast and tehnique attacking wingers. With the absent of Deeney i can't see Watford scoring, plus the fact Gomes on goal line sure goal for Liverpool.
Liverpool win
iulinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-17, 10:40   #15
ninjami
Freshman

Everton vs Stoke

Last year these two teams had very though low scoring games, but this year will be different i think.

Koeman made some good deals strenghtening his defence with Pickford and Keane, Klaassen in midfield, but i think that he can't replace Lukaku up front with Rooney, but who knows we are about to see if he still has desire and potential to play in top form.

Stoke didn't get much into the transfer market to get some "big" names, they brought Darren Fletcher, Max Choupo-Moting and Curt Zouma, but lost one of their top players Arnautovich.

Everton -1AH at 2.3 is my bet. This can be very though game, but why i like this bet is because in the past 2 seasons Stoke always struggled the first 7-8 rounds until they start playing good football (maybe that is why they had a lot of preseason friendly games ), and with the schedule they have i think we will see same story again

Good luck
Old 12-08-17, 10:44   #16
HeatAr

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjami View Post
very nice previews man, this one and the one on arsenals game excellent and wright on spot.
about liverpool game to mention that Lallana will not play, that narrows the creative part in the middle, but makes place for a good ofensive 4-3-3 formation. but nevertheless i agree with your point if view, but with the liverpools defence problems you mentioned i will go for BTTS and maybe add over 2.5, Gray could make one on his debut

Good luck
Thanks ninja! It's nice that you're back here!
While I was writing the preview I thought that I had read somewhere that Lallana wouldn't play, but I checked on Sky and couldn't find any info so I included him.
I agree about Man City, I will gladly take the AH.
What do you think about Suton - Swansea and Crystal Palace - Huddersfield? I have decided to go with both underdogs as I can't see any reason why the hosts in both games are such heavy favorites, especially Suton. I have taken +1 AH Swansea and +0.75 Huddersfield and will try to post previews a little bit later.
Old 12-08-17, 10:48   #17
Cafa

Watford most definitely won't be playing offensively. Marco Silva will try to do what he did with Hull when they won 2-0 last season, and that's to soak up pressure. Liverpool had 72% possession, 22 shots, 5 shots on target, 15 corners, but were still toothless.

Marco Silva is a coach who doesn't lose home games. And I dare to say Watford is a more talented team than Hull.

Major test for Liverpool and for Klopp's tactical abilities. Gegenpressing doesn't really work against defensive sides.

I'd leave 1x2 betting alone, and would bet on corners in this game though I normally don't do it. The game will be played on one goal only, Watford's, with Liverpool constantly trying to get into the box, and this will result in 12+ corners @ 2.60.

Last edited by Cafa; 12-08-17 at 10:51.
Old 12-08-17, 11:08   #18
ellas98

ellas98 is an unknown quantity at this point

I like the U2.5 in the Watford-Liverpool game.

I just highlight what has already been mentioned above:
Watford showed good defence in the prep games.
While Liverpool were prolific in goalscoring in the prep games, a lot of creativity (Lallana, Coutinho) will be missed today.
Last season Liverpool kept struggling against weaker and defensive teams.
ellas98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-17, 11:11   #19
Cafa

Chelsea are crap without Hazard and Costa. They'll have a difficult match against Burnley, and I don't see Chelsea scoring freely. Under 2.5 @ 2.20.

Southampton
and Everton should win their home matches easily. Both of these teams will have very good seasons, while Swansea and especially Stoke will not.

Manchester City
should destroy Brighton but I don't see value in the odds, so I'd rather choose Manchester City to score 3+ goals @2.16.
Old 12-08-17, 11:26   #20
iulinel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellas98 View Post
I like the U2.5 in the Watford-Liverpool game.

I just highlight what has already been mentioned above:
Watford showed good defence in the prep games.
While Liverpool were prolific in goalscoring in the prep games, a lot of creativity (Lallana, Coutinho) will be missed today.
Last season Liverpool kept struggling against weaker and defensive teams.
With Gomes on goal line? Under sound like suicide to me But ofc it's a Premier league you never know. GL
Old 12-08-17, 11:26   #21
iulinel

Brighton & Hove Albion

Out: Baldock, Kayal

Manchester City

Out: Gündogan, Mendy

Gabril Jesus and Aguero in attack for City, New singning walker wil start as right winger, Danilo as left. De Bryne- Silva- Fernandinho most likely as midfields, but still Guardiola has plenty of options with Sane, Bernardo Silva, Sterling. Kompany central defender together with Jones and Otamendi.

Glen Murray and Knockaert complete their fitness early this week. Knockaert missed big part from pre seasson preparation, there is opportunity for Izzy Brown to replace him, Solly March on opposite flank. Pascal Gross, the new signing will replace Baldock for the supporting role behind the lone striker Murray

Man. City -1.5 AH
Old 12-08-17, 11:28   #22
ninjami
Freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatAr View Post
Thanks ninja! It's nice that you're back here!
While I was writing the preview I thought that I had read somewhere that Lallana wouldn't play, but I checked on Sky and couldn't find any info so I included him.
I agree about Man City, I will gladly take the AH.
What do you think about Suton - Swansea and Crystal Palace - Huddersfield? I have decided to go with both underdogs as I can't see any reason why the hosts in both games are such heavy favorites, especially Suton. I have taken +1 AH Swansea and +0.75 Huddersfield and will try to post previews a little bit later.

At Palace game i wanted to play BTTS because De Boer plays 3-4-3 and that leaves a lot of space behind if you don't know how to close it, and with this Palace defence i think this tactic can be well exploited but as i read Huddersfield are the first team ever to get promoted to the Premier League with a negative goal difference; the second team ever to even reach the Championship play-offs with a negative goal difference; a team whose players failed to score in any of their three play-off matches; their top scorer last season had 12 goals and they still get the PL changes my mind for this bet. they bought Tom Ince and Mounie to make get this negative corrected, but we will have to see how will this team work. David Wagner Huddersfield coach, before he got here, he was coach of the Dortmund reserves and he adopted Klop's tactics in this team as i read because i haven't watched any of their games.

About Southampron game i am leaning towards home win and under. Sigurdsson, Ki Sung-yueng, Nathan Dyer and Fernando Llorente are not playing, and Clement usually tries to play some though defensive game and play on counters, and in this case with these absentees i think it will be difficult Swansea to score.
This new coach of Southampton, Mauricio Pelegrino a former coach of Alaves, is also a defensive one as i read, and looking at the preparation games i think that this season Southampton will be a though nut to crack, and if they manage to keep Van Dijk they will be even stronger in defence.

These are my first thoughts i didn't make any bets on these games, but because this is first round we can't expect much from our predictions with teams that made manager changes, or big player changes, because they sure won't be the same teams as last year

I am wishing you best of luck with your bets
Old 12-08-17, 11:31   #23
HeatAr

Southampton ***8211; Swansea
Transfers: Soton have so far bought Marion Lemina from Juve and young polish CB Jan Bednared. They have sold Jay Rodriguez, loaned Harrison Reed and released Cuco Martina. They are major doubts about Virgil Van Dijk***8217;s future. He was their standout player last season and he has handed in a transfer request. For this game Suton will be without him cause he***8217;s got the flu. They don***8217;t have any injuries. Lemina and Bednarek could make their debuts.
Swansea have parted ways with Jack Cork, Bafetimbi Gomis, Gerhard Tremmel, Borja Baston, Jordi Amat. Their best players Gylfi Sigurdsson is 99% percent an Everton player. The incomings are: Tammy Abraham (loan from Chelsea), Roque Mesa (who I think is supposed to fill the void left by Sigurdsson), Cian Harries, Marc Walsh and Erwin Mulder. For this game Fernando Llorente is absent after fracturing his arm while on a cycling holiday last month, joining Nathan Dyer (Achilles) and Ki Sung-yueng (knee) on the sidelines. England Under-21 striker Tammy Abraham is expected to make his debut. Gylfi Sigurdsson won***8217;t take part either.
Swansea were able to survive the drop last season and I expect Paul Clement to build on that. Soton on the other hand have a new manager ***8211; Spaniard Mauricio Pellegrino. As I have said both teams will be without their best players today. In my mind this game should be pretty equal and that***8217;s why I can***8217;t understand these odds. I think that huge advantage for Swansea is the fact that Clement has already been there for half a season, while this will be Pelegrino***8217;s first PL game and even Pep Guardiola can tell you that the PL is not La Liga and it isn***8217;t very kind to newcomers.
Some curious stats:
Southampton have won six of their last eight meetings with Swansea in the Premier League (W6 D0 L2).
Swansea's only win at St Mary's in the Premier League came in February 2015, with Jonjo Shelvey scoring the winner that day (D1 L3).
The Swans have failed to score in six of their 10 Premier League contests against Southampton.
In their last 10 Premier League seasons, Southampton have picked up an opening day win once (1-0 v West Brom in 2013, D5 L4).
Southampton have never won an opening day home fixture in the Premier League (D5 L4).
Swansea are unbeaten in their last three Premier League games to start the season (W2 D1).
The Swans will play away on the opening weekend in the Premier League yet again - only one of Swansea's previous six Premier League seasons has started at home (2013-14, lost 4-1 to Manchester United).
Southampton will be looking to record their 1000th home league win in this match, since joining the Football League Third Division South in 1920-21 (P1881 W999 D485 L397).
Only one team - relegated Sunderland (16) - scored fewer home Premier League goals than Southampton's tally of 17 last season.
Swansea loan signing Abraham - who has only two previous Premier League games to his name, both as a substitute for Chelsea - was the top scoring teenager in the Football League last season, netting 23 goals for Bristol City in the Championship.

Last season Southampton had major problems scoring goals and I don***8217;t think this will change, cause they haven***8217;t got any fresh faces in attack. Even if they do win I can***8217;t see them doing it by more than one goal. So Swansea +1AH at 1.81 (bet365) seems a very solid bet to me. A will put 3/10 units on it.
As I have said I have also taken Huddersfiled +0.75 AH, but unfortunately don***8217;t have time to write a preview!
Old 12-08-17, 11:52   #24
ellas98

ellas98 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by iulinel View Post
With Gomes on goal line? Under sound like suicide to me But ofc it's a Premier league you never know. GL
Yup! I really expect to see a completely different game than the one yesterday.
GL!
ellas98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-17, 15:49   #25
mrclubbie
Freshman

mrclubbie is on a distinguished road

Hmm...

Everton has drawn their last 4 season's opening match

Stoke 6 consecutive under 2.5 from their last 6 season's opening match

Unclear what impact will Rooney has on the Everton but considering Stoke's dodgy performance, I am inclined towards the statistics as above and pick under 2.5 for this match
mrclubbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-17, 16:34   #26
HeatAr

I know that Liverpool have been and will always be a bunch of scumbags so I am so pissed I decided to bet on them.

Regarding Everton - I am not betting on this game cause I saw them play in the second leg against Ruzhomberok and I was less than impressed. Everton could have easily been eliminated. Besides I think that Arnautovic is not such a big loss for Stoke, this guy is so overrated and in Ramadan Sobhi Stoke might have a ready-made replacement. I will wait to see how Everton start the campaign before I bet on them.
Old 13-08-17, 09:24   #27
PeterDavids
banned

PeterDavids is on a distinguished road

Newcastle will welcome Tottenham to St. James Park for their first Premier League match since the 2015/16 season. Their final game that campaign was actually against Spurs, where they romped to a 5-1 win that saw Mauricio Pochettino side end the campaign in 3rd.

Spurs have a respectable record at St. James Park losing only two of their last six visits to Newcastle and winning two of their last three trips to the north-east.

Top prediction for this match: Tottenham to WIN (1,70 in bet365)

More information: http://kingsoccertips.com/preview-of...am-13-08-2017/
PeterDavids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-17, 10:30   #28
HeatAr

Newcastle – Tottehnam

Transfers: Newcastle have parted ways with Vurnon Anita, Florian Thauvin, Yoan Gouffran, Haris Vuckic, Sammy Ameobi. They have bought Christian Atsu, Floriane Lejeune, Stefan O’Connor, Josef Yarney, Jacob Murphey and Jabier Manquillo.
Tottehnam sold Kyle Walker to Man City, Clinton N’Jie to Marseille and Federico Fazio to Roma. However only Walker should be missed. So far they haven’t been able to sign anyone.
For this game Newcastle get striker Dwight Gayle back after hamstring injury and Benitez otherwise has only a series of minor knocks to contend with, including to several of his summer recruits such as Florian Lejeune, Javier Manquillo, Mikel Merino, Christian Atsu and Jacob Murphy.
Tottehnam will be without Danny Rose until September. Erik Lamela (hips), Georges-Kevin Nkoudou (foot), and Kieran Trippier (ankle) are also out.
Opta stats:
There have been 14 goals scored in the last three Premier League meetings between these two clubs at St James' Park.
The Magpies have won only one opening match across their last nine league seasons, but that came against Spurs; 2-1 in 2012 (D4 L4).
Benitez has not lost any of his previous eight Premier League home games as a manager against Spurs (W5 D3 L0).
This is the seventh successive Premier League season that Tottenham will play their opening Premier League game away from home.
Harry Kane is one goal away from a century for Spurs in all competitions - he has netted 99 goals in 165 games so far, including hat-tricks in his two previous appearances.
Kane has scored 20 goals in his last 15 Premier League games against newly promoted sides - three of his six top-flight hat-tricks have been against newly promoted teams (Leicester in 2014-15, Bournemouth in 2015-16 and Hull last season).
However, Kane has never scored a Premier League goal in August (10 games).
Gayle averaged a goal every 93 minutes in the Championship last season, scoring 23 goals; he also scored in his last top-flight appearance against Spurs for Crystal Palace in January 2015.
None of the last nine winners of the Championship have won their first match in the Premier League after promotion (D2 L7). The last team to achieve this were Sunderland in August 2007, who beat Tottenham on the opening day thanks to a late strike from Michael Chopra.
Christian Eriksen was involved in the build-up sequence to 253 open play shots last season in the Premier League; more than any other player in the competition.

Rafael Benitez has openly criticized the club for not doing better in the transfer market. He still said that he is committed to the club, but if things go bad I wouldn’t be surprised if he left. Newcastle finished last season as champions in the Championship, but this doesn’t guarantee survival in the PL. They lost only once during to preseason to Mainz, while beating Verona, Wolfsburg, Bradford and Hearts and drawing with Preston.
Spurs on other hand have one of the best squads in the PL and the same goes about their manager. They have been progressing steadily finishing in 4th place 2 years ago and in 2nd last year. So it wouldn’t be a surprise if they are in for the title this year. This week Danny Rose caused somewhat of a stir with his interview in which he criticized the club openly for their wage policy and saying that if the likes of Chelsea and United come calling he would leave cause he wants to win titles. It’s has been that he has received the backing of other players. He has since apologized and Mauricio Pochettino said it was fine, but who knows.
Anyway in preseason Tottehnam won 3 times and lost twice. Their best performance came in the last preseason game when they beat Juventus.
The last time these two teams met it was on the last day of season 2015-2016 and Newcastle thrashed the Spurs 5:1 and for that reason Tottehnam lost the third place to Arsenal.
If Tottehnam had the same squad as last season I would back them to win AH without a doubt. However I feel they might suffer because of the injuries they have in defense and the departure of Kyle Walker. That is why I am considering to back BTS at 1.80 (bet365), but I will probable do it live after I see how the game starts.
Old 13-08-17, 14:08   #29
ninjami
Freshman

Yesterday was good day, liverpool and city bets were won, everton void. hudersfield surprised me, but as i expected goals were on the table, we could see goals in Palace games, with this kind of tactic De boer has they will have pretty bad defence, sauthempton game was also as expected under on goals but i thought that they could win this one.

@HeatAr congrats on your bets, pretty good anticipation on the underdogs keep on with good tips

For today as HeatAr already said and explained goals could also be in the Spurs and i think on the United game, so i like to bet on Spurs win and over 2.5 tempting odds.

Good luck with your bets
Old 13-08-17, 14:42   #30
HeatAr

Thanks ninja! Your bets were great too! Yesterday was a good day, I was only unhappy with my Liverpool bet, which lost, but otherwise everything was good!

Newcastle - Tottehnam already started and considering the squads I will back BTS when the odds get around 2.

Concerning United - West Ham: I haven't written anything cause I am an United fan and some people might feel I'm biased. From my point of view I think this year will be the year of Manchester (both City and United) and I expect the title to be decided between them so I will probably back them often in the AH market. However for today I am not sure. I was disappointed with the defensive play in the UEFA Supercup. But today United get Bailly and Jones back so Mourinho will have a lot more options. I think Matic has been great since his transfer and this will definitely give Pogba a chance to shine in his preferred position. I think United will win today and they might even get a clean sheet depending on their defense. The way I see it they will either win 2:0 or 2:1. Those are my calls and that's why I won't bet on goals cause I feel it may end as an under. I might try 1 units each on these CS. GL to you too!