This site is for adults 18+ due to gambling/betting content. If you have a problem with gambling issues, or need information, please visit:
Gambling Help Online Gamblers Anonymous Gambling Therapy Gamble Aware Jugadores Anonimos JugarBIEN BeGambleAware GamCare

Go Back   Bettingadvice forum > Other sports > Other Sports

Other Sports For those of you wanting to discuss other sports not mentioned in their own subforums. Could be golf, sailing, table tennis, athletics, formula1, etc
PINNACLE - accept very large stakes! Low juice!

Online Sports Betting at Pinnacle Sports
BET365: Simply the best bookie for livebetting! PINNACLE: BA's all time favourite bookmaker. Great odds!

Old 17-01-18, 23:51   #61
Macot
Super Moderator

Macot is on a distinguished road

Fantastic comeback by Higgins, 6-4! The only option we both won

PINNACLE SPORTS: One of the very best. New website!

Old 17-01-18, 23:59   #62
WiserthantheCrowd

WiserthantheCrowd is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macot View Post
Fantastic comeback by Higgins, 6-4! The only option we both won
Nice!

For tomorrow, I'm thinking about taking Mark Williams (-1.5) at 2.1. I've seen your analysis but I'd rate Mark Williams as the stronger and more consistent player right now. Mark Williams surely won't be intimidated by Kyren Wilson - if anything Kyren Williams will have more respect for Williams. This year Mark Williams had a phenomenal season, it's as if he's on a 2nd wind in his career and if both players continue with the form we've seen so far then Mark Williams should cover the HC in my opinion.

Last edited by WiserthantheCrowd; 18-01-18 at 00:03.
WiserthantheCrowd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-18, 15:11   #63
WiserthantheCrowd

WOW! After whitewashing Marco Fu Ronnie is now losing 3-1 to Mark Allen.
Old 18-01-18, 15:24   #64
Macot
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiserthantheCrowd View Post
WOW! After whitewashing Marco Fu Ronnie is now losing 3-1 to Mark Allen.
Yes, typical.

But OK Allen is better player than Fu at the moment, so it is locigal it would be tighter.
Old 18-01-18, 15:46   #65
WiserthantheCrowd

Quote:
Yes, typical.

But OK Allen is better player than Fu at the moment, so it is locigal it would be tighter.
Well, too tight. 5-1 now so Mark Allen is comfortably covering the HCs. Surely The Rocket has imploded and is crashing out. It will be tough to turn this around...

With Selby and O'Sullivan out, the road is now wide open for someone else. Who will it be? I'm seeing a chance for Mark Williams.
Old 18-01-18, 15:48   #66
WiserthantheCrowd

I remember how Ronnie complained about a dizzy spell after beating Marco Fu. Maybe the flu caught up with him after all:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/oth...zzy-spell.html
Old 18-01-18, 16:47   #67
Macot
Super Moderator

Well there you go... ***9786;
Old 18-01-18, 17:09   #68
WiserthantheCrowd

Quote:
Well there you go... ***9786;
I would have mentioned it but after he beat Marco Fu 6-0, I wasn't sure how seriously I should take that. If he had just said that he had a flu, I would have taken it more seriously. The "magnesium deficiency" hypothesis sounded a bit far out. But there you go... My selective perception was wrong.
Old 18-01-18, 17:18   #69
WiserthantheCrowd

Concerning the game this evening, last time Kyren Wilson played Mark Williams was the QF of the World Open in September. Williams made a break of 121 in that game but lost 5-1 with Kyren Wilson producing breaks of 135, 127, 102 and 71. Against Barry Hawkins, Wilson also made 2 century breaks. If he can reproduce that sort of form, Kyren Wilson will obviously win. This game might end up being tight. I think I am going to stay away from this one. I just don't see any obvious value. For me, Mark Williams is the favorite in that match (narrowly) but if Kyren Wilson is in good form then he could well win.

Last edited by WiserthantheCrowd; 18-01-18 at 17:20.
Old 18-01-18, 18:01   #70
WiserthantheCrowd

Anyway, I'm inclined to believe Ronnie when he says that he wasn't feeling at his best. Mark Allen did make some nice breaks of 65, 115, 85 and 81. Nonetheless, I've got a feeling that he was gifted here.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/snooker/42736819

If Higgins beats Ryan Day, which I'd rate as very probable then we may see a very tight contest between Mark Allen and John Higgins. Their h2h is 10 wins each - there isn't much separating those 2. I'm expecting pretty even odds - maybe 2 for Allen and 1.8 for Higgins. Depending on how long the Day versus Higgins match goes, the added day of rest for Mark Allen may make a difference.
Old 18-01-18, 18:19   #71
Macot
Super Moderator

Quote:
Anyway, I'm inclined to believe Ronnie when he says that he wasn't feeling at his best. Mark Allen did make some nice breaks of 65, 115, 85 and 81. Nonetheless, I've got a feeling that he was gifted here.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/snooker/42736819

If Higgins beats Ryan Day, which I'd rate as very probable then we may see a very tight contest between Mark Allen and John Higgins. Their h2h is 10 wins each - there isn't much separating those 2. I'm expecting pretty even odds - maybe 2 for Allen and 1.8 for Higgins. Depending on how long the Day versus Higgins match goes, the added day of rest for Mark Allen may make a difference.
Yes, Allen will be a good bet possibly, but not at @2. Higgins is too strong.
I expect odds on Allen to be in range of @2,20... if so I might consider him. We will see, Higgins first needs to win against Day.
Old 18-01-18, 21:30   #72
Macot
Super Moderator

Williams plays like utter ****, 3-0 Kyren is great for my bet. But it is too early to celebrate, Williams can come back at any time...
Old 18-01-18, 22:33   #73
WiserthantheCrowd

Quote:
Williams plays like utter ****, 3-0 Kyren is great for my bet. But it is too early to celebrate, Williams can come back at any time...
If nobody slipped anything in Kyren Wilson's tea during the break - your bet is safe, very safe.

Nice one!
Old 18-01-18, 22:57   #74
WiserthantheCrowd

Quote:
What makes the whole thing more embarrassing is that Wilson really wasn't playing outstanding snooker. Yet he's 5-1 ahead.
Old 18-01-18, 23:36   #75
Macot
Super Moderator

Quote:
What makes the whole thing more embarrassing is that Wilson really wasn't playing outstanding snooker. Yet he's 5-1 ahead.
True, I will opose him in semis no matter agaisnt whom he plays, that was nothing special. Mark Williams handed the win to hime without fight...

General picks: Trump (-1,5) AH vs. Murphy

Posted by Macot (2018-01-18 21:43 CET)

Well, I must give advantage to Trump here, he is a lot better player overall, everything is on his side, especially tactical game. Murphy of all top players is the most one dimensional: potting potting, potting. He is great at that aspect, but we had a perfect example of what happens when he plays against a strong player: against Ronnie O`Sullivan in the finals of UK he was simply lost in space. If you watched I am sure you realised what a disadvantage it is if you only rely on one weapon. But there is better to come! In all his matches of 2017/18 he only beat 1 (one) top 16 player the whole season long! It was in one of the finals he played, against Ronnie. Otherwise all his wins and finals and good results came after dominance over average or poor players. For me Murphy is a handicapped player and I must trust Trump.

I really really hope Judd will be up to it, I really liked his reaction after his first round win here, when he showed rare emotion! He should win this, my call is 6-2!

GL

Discuss this pick in the BA forum
Odds Stake Pick Betcategory Sport Bookmaker
2.10 10 / 10 H Asian Handicap General picks Sportingbet
Old 18-01-18, 23:36   #76
Macot
Super Moderator

General picks: John Higgins vs. Ryan Day

Posted by Macot (2018-01-18 21:52 CET)

So far this looks to be the most challenging bet on this season`s masters. Simply, I had huge problems trying to find real value and at the end I decided to go for the same bet as I went in the first round when Higgins played Anthony McGill. He was 2-4 behind and gifted many oportunities but at the end composed himself, started to improve and at the end won the contest 6-4. He played hot/cold as for the majority of the season, he is not getting younger surely.

Day on the other side is one of the most consistant players on the tour. He had no problems with Ding in the first round, although he was already 0-3 behind. But he showed really good snooker and at the end won 6-4, too.

So, these two players have a lot of potential, Higgins rightly favourites, Day able to surprise again. My call is John "too many haggis" Higgins 6-5!

GL

Discuss this pick in the BA forum
Odds Stake Pick Betcategory Sport Bookmaker
2.20 10 / 10 >9.5 Over/Under General picks Unibet
Old 19-01-18, 00:41   #77
WiserthantheCrowd

I agree with your analysis concerning Judd Trump and think that there is a very good chance that he will cover the HC. Another factor to consider is that now that Ronnie and Mark Selby are out, the road is wide open for Judd. He's the favorite now. I don't think that this will debilitate him and he'll seize the opportunity. As you wrote, he's a much more versatile and complete player than Shaun Murphy. If Judd is in form, he can cover the HC. My call would be 6-3.

I'll skip Higgins versus Day. I think you were digging deep there, very deep... I think that Higgins is clearly the better player and if you remove the Championship League from of their h2h matches, you'll see that Higgins has the advantage and has beaten Day by considerable margins (10-3, 5-0, 5-1, etc.) in the past. Based on what I've seen this year, I'm not confident that Day is much better than what he used to be when he got trashed by Higgins. Nor do I believe that Higgins has slumped in form perceptively. Moreover, now that Ronnie is gone - Higgins will surely think he's in with a chance. That might give him some extra motivation. It probably won't make much difference for Ryan Day - he was too much of a longshot anyway and the remaining players in the mix are still better than him overall.
Old 19-01-18, 17:25   #78
Macot
Super Moderator

That dumb Trump is repeating same mistakes all the time, he was 3-1 and 4-2 in front had everything on his side and left Murphy of the hook and now plays like ****.
4-4, still hope, but looks rather grim.
Old 19-01-18, 17:33   #79
Macot
Super Moderator

Well done Trump, 5-4 now. And now we will see if he can clinch the last one, too.
Old 19-01-18, 17:38   #80
Macot
Super Moderator

A couple of disastrous safeties by Murphy and now a chance for Trump!
Old 19-01-18, 17:44   #81
Macot
Super Moderator

Yes, Trump managed to win the handicap, 6-4!
That is nice, I cant wait for Higgins v Day!
Old 20-01-18, 13:30   #82
WiserthantheCrowd

So we have the 2 semifinals coming up today and here are my picks:

Judd Trump to beat Kyren Wilson (-1.5) at 1.75

Kyren Wilson has done well in his 2nd performance at this competition. He beat Barry Hawkins and then Mark Williams. Both were not formidable opponents, however, in the matches he played. Now Wilson is up against a better opponent. I suspect he will again try shots from a distance which is the only way he can really beat Judd Trump. But that will leave him exposed against Judd Trump who will seize the opportunity and win the game with some margin to spare.

Mark Allen to beat John Higgins at 2.3

The odds are suggesting that John Higgins is the favorite here and he's done well so far but it's been a while ago since he won this competition. He's got a very even H2H against Mark Allen who also beat him last time they played at the Masters. I see an even match that could go to 10 or more frames and think that Mark Allen is in with a very good chance here.

So my prognosis for tomorrow is a final between Judd Trump and Mark Allen and I think Mark Allen could well win this.
Old 20-01-18, 17:42   #83
Macot
Super Moderator

I was away today so did not post anything, but in the evening I am with Allen.
GL
Old 20-01-18, 17:43   #84
WiserthantheCrowd

And Trump continues with his sloppy finishing... Was 5-2 up, 5-5 now. Kyron Wilson has all the momentum now and deserves to advance.
Old 20-01-18, 17:52   #85
adryan87
Freshman

adryan87 is on a distinguished road

What a loser is this trump..
adryan87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-18, 18:10   #86
adryan87
Freshman

adryan87 is on a distinguished road

Ok,this is the last time i bet on snooker. Last year,i bet on one match,And i lost. Now,this retard can't won from 5-2.
adryan87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-18, 18:33   #87
Macot
Super Moderator

I am sorry for your bet, Wiser, but I really am happy to see Kyren winning this. I mean, Trump learns nothing! He was leading well in both previous rounds and stopped, but managed to win at the end. This time, Kyren used his complacency and shocked him... but i dont think it will help, Trump is simply too confident on himself and thus shocked so many times when he thinks the work is over.
Great job Kyren! In hist first try, he qualified for the finals of masters!!
Old 20-01-18, 21:20   #88
WiserthantheCrowd

Quote:
I am sorry for your bet, Wiser, but I really am happy to see Kyren winning this. I mean, Trump learns nothing! He was leading well in both previous rounds and stopped, but managed to win at the end. This time, Kyren used his complacency and shocked him... but i dont think it will help, Trump is simply too confident on himself and thus shocked so many times when he thinks the work is over.
Great job Kyren! In hist first try, he qualified for the finals of masters!!
First he gets complacent then he gets edgy. Just like his buddy Lisowski, he's not complete because the mental strength is lacking. So a deserved exit. Psychology is also part of the game.

Allen looking good so far. If he makes it, I fancy him for the win.
Old 20-01-18, 22:38   #89
Macot
Super Moderator

Nice win by Allen.
I will check odds for the finals, depends on what I can get for -2,5 AH. I guess 10-6 or around will be the score in the finals, so we will see what will be on offer.