This site is for adults 18+ due to gambling/betting content. If you have a problem with gambling issues, or need information, please visit:
Gambling Help Online Gamblers Anonymous Gambling Therapy Gamble Aware Jugadores Anonimos JugarBIEN BeGambleAware GamCare

Go Back   Bettingadvice forum > Soccer >
Champions League

Champions League
Predictions and analysis for CL games.
Bet on Champions League at:
PINNACLE - accept very large stakes! Low juice!

Online Sports Betting at Pinnacle Sports
BET365: Simply the best bookie for livebetting! PINNACLE: BA's all time favourite bookmaker. Great odds!

Old 07-08-18, 02:11   #1
Prija
Super Moderator

Prija is on a distinguished road
Default CL Qualifiers 7th/8th August

Crvena Zvezda v Spartak Trnava

Very interesting that Zvezda again got lower seeded team as an opponent, after facing Suduva last round who eliminated Apoel, now they get to face Trnava instead of higher ranked Legia Warsaw. Now, Trnava deserves all the respect, but after seeing the second leg where Legia dominated even with 10 men most of the game, I am pretty sure Zvezda is happy to see Polish team out. Serbian champ is getting better with every game, they outclassed Suduva in both games (3-0, 2-0) and last weekend they played with all reserves in Serbian league saving their energy for this one, being much higher priority right now. I would like to learn more about Slovakian team, but as far as Serbian team is considered, they are trending upwards, seem fully fit and ready to roar tonight.

PINNACLE SPORTS: One of the very best. New website!

Old 07-08-18, 11:46   #2
ELPRATO

ELPRATO is on a distinguished road

Legia - Spartak Trnava 0-2

Aparrently food poison at Legia plus new system of play with 3 defenders and poor form.

Spartak Trnava - Legia 0-1

Legia down to 10 men in 37'. Dominating and goal at 63'. Legia down to 9 men in 85'.
ELPRATO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-18, 12:35   #3
valdi

valdi is on a distinguished road

Odds for Zvezda home win are ridiculous. I see good value on Trnava +1.5. Zvezda is not Bayern. In my view, Zvezda will have a difficult night at Marakana and if they win, it will not be easy. I will appreciate it if our friends from Serbia and Slovakia share more news about both teams.
valdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-18, 12:49   #4
radicke

radicke is on a distinguished road

Does Benfica made some changes from last season,buy some good player or sold?I think that this odds vr Fenerbahçe are crap...
radicke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-18, 13:31   #5
fluorescente

fluorescente is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by radicke View Post
Does Benfica made some changes from last season,buy some good player or sold?I think that this odds vr Fenerbahçe are crap...
Benfica main absent is Jonas, we still don't know if he's going to stay or leave (34 goals last season, one of Europe's top goalscorers). Benfica brought in Ferreyra from Shakthar Donetsk and Nico Castillo from Pumas.

Gedson (box to box) and Joao Felix (Offensive midfielder, Forward) youth intakes for the new season. Both have tremendous quality

Also brought Odysseas Vlachodimos from Panathinaikos for the goal.

Starting eleven will probably be something like:

Odysseas
A.Almeida, Ruben Dias, Jardel, Grimaldo
Fejsa, Gedson, Pizzi
Salvio, Ferreyra, Cervi

so basically same squad as last season except for Odysseas, Gedson and Ferreyra. We can't say we are weaker, we stayed basically the same. Benfica being priced at around 1.54 is nonsense. I'm a Benfica fanatic, I watch every match, got season ticket, etc. Am I missing something on Fenerbahce side? Is Fenerbahce that weak? Because Benfica definitely has no value at this odds. I mean, I think Benfica at home is favourite against the majority of "tier 2" European teams but with odds closer to 1.9 or 2.0, never 1.5. I think Benfica's shaky defense can concede tonight but Fener is a big question mark for me. Maybe our turkish friends can help
fluorescente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-18, 13:41   #6
valdi

valdi is on a distinguished road

As far as I know they promoted several players from their youth system and Benfica B (CM - Gedson Fernandes, AM - Joao Felix, LB - Yuri Ribeiro and MF - Alfa Semedo) to the first team and bought also (DF - German Conti [Arg], CD - Cristian Lema [Arg], ST - Facundo Ferreyra [Arg], RB - Tyronne Ebuehi [Nga], GK - Odysseas Vlachodimos [Gre] and ST - Nicolas Castillo Mora [Chi]). They transferred or loaned out some fringe players, which were not a significant part of the team last season. The referee of this game will be an experienced one from Belarus - Kulbakov. I am sure that our friends from Turkey will share more info about Fenerbahce, especially Rado. Cheers.

Last edited by valdi; 07-08-18 at 13:43.
valdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-18, 14:02   #7
fluorescente

Quote:
Originally Posted by valdi View Post
As far as I know they promoted several players from their youth system and Benfica B (CM - Gedson Fernandes, AM - Joao Felix, LB - Yuri Ribeiro and MF - Alfa Semedo) to the first team and bought also (DF - German Conti [Arg], CD - Cristian Lema [Arg], ST - Facundo Ferreyra [Arg], RB - Tyronne Ebuehi [Nga], GK - Odysseas Vlachodimos [Gre] and ST - Nicolas Castillo Mora [Chi]). They transferred or loaned out some fringe players, which were not a significant part of the team last season. The referee of this game will be an experienced one from Belarus - Kulbakov. I am sure that our friends from Turkey will share more info about Fenerbahce, especially Rado. Cheers.
correct, Benfica basically upgraded bench for the new season. Ebuehi is injured for 6 months though.

Yuri was out on loan at Rio Ave, made a good season, came back to be a backup of Grimaldo (left fullback)
Conti and Lema, central defenders from Argentina, Lema seems quite bad, Conti will be backup of Ruben and Jardel
Alfa Semedo made a good season at Moreirense and was bought to be a backup of Fejsa (defensive midfielder)
Striker Jimenez left for Wolverhampton and we bought Nico Castillo to be his replacement (also bench player)

only Ferreyra, Gedson and Odysseas will probably be new in the starting eleven considering last season. Team is fit and scores goals. Main problem? Defensive transition.
Old 07-08-18, 14:12   #8
zekikum

zekikum is an unknown quantity at this point

Fenerbahce bought Andrew Ayew but he is injured. they have no "real"forward now and they surely need transfers.
Ejlif will play tonight in that position, he is talented but only 19 years old.
they have creating midfield and mostly scorer players like Alper and Velbuena but i have doubt they can physically resist strong Benfican midfield.
Also they make easy mistakes in defence, can concede from very easy mistakes.

my bet is -1 home
stake: 6

g.l
zekikum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-18, 14:17   #9
APOLLYON

APOLLYON is an unknown quantity at this point

Strandberg is missing for Malmoe FF. He has scored 6 goals in Allsvenskan so far, being 3rd best topscorer for his team and 3 goals in Europe this season.
Looks like he is player and probably player. The question is how important loss this will be?
Any opinions from Our Swedish friends?
APOLLYON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-18, 14:24   #10
Ibrahimovic
Freshman

Ibrahimovic is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by APOLLYON View Post
Strandberg is missing for Malmoe FF. He has scored 6 goals in Allsvenskan so far, being 3rd best topscorer for his team and 3 goals in Europe this season.
Looks like he is player and probably player. The question is how important loss this will be?
Any opinions from Our Swedish friends?

Strandberg is doubtful, not 100% out.
Strandberg have finally started to heat up but Rosenberg is the talisman upfront for Malmö and more important for the team. Antonsson the replacement for Strandberg (IF OUT) will not be that bad.
Ibrahimovic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-18, 14:45   #11
fluorescente

Quote:
Originally Posted by zekikum View Post
Fenerbahce bought Andrew Ayew but he is injured. they have no "real"forward now and they surely need transfers.
Ejlif will play tonight in that position, he is talented but only 19 years old.
they have creating midfield and mostly scorer players like Alper and Velbuena but i have doubt they can physically resist strong Benfican midfield.
Also they make easy mistakes in defence, can concede from very easy mistakes.

my bet is -1 home
stake: 6

g.l
Can you give us Fener starting 11? Thks!
Old 07-08-18, 14:57   #12
zekikum

zekikum is an unknown quantity at this point

Volkan, Isla, Skertel, Neustadter, Hasan Ali, Mehmet Topal, Alper, Velbuena, Dirar, Gulliano, Eljif

Soldado is not ready, Josef Souza suspended, Aaat***305;f, Ayew, Ismail is injured

4 defenders, 6 actually midfielders...
zekikum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-18, 13:29   #13
mij0sim

mij0sim is an unknown quantity at this point

Mates, what about Celtic today? Looked good in first match against RBK (2nd i havent watched). Especially in attack.
AEK lost their manager and few players. How good are they? Also Greek league hasnt started yet so maybe guest will be a bit rusty.
mij0sim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-18, 12:45   #14
radicke

radicke is on a distinguished road

Has anyone watched Benfica : Fener 1:0 FT.It s competitive results for Portoguesse side.Is that fair result?
radicke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-18, 13:27   #15
fluorescente

Quote:
Originally Posted by radicke View Post
Has anyone watched Benfica : Fener 1:0 FT.It s competitive results for Portoguesse side.Is that fair result?
it wasn't a fair result. Fenerbahce tried to kill time from minute 0. Defended all the time, barely no shots at Benfica's goal. Benfica should've won with more goal difference, 2-0/3-0 would be a fair result