BWIN Pinnacle 888sport Bet365 10BET Gamebookers Betfair BET-AT-HOME Expekt 5Dimes CANBET

Go Back   Bettingadvice forum > Soccer >
UEFA Europa League

UEFA Europa League
Picks and analysis and discussions for UEFA Europa League games.

Bet on European football at:
BET365
100% bonus for new clients, superb odds and great live betting !!

Online Sports Betting at Pinnacle Sports
BET365: Simply the best bookie for livebetting! PINNACLE: BA's all time favourite bookmaker. Great odds!

Old 16-02-17, 00:41   #1
tip74

tip74 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Round of 32: Legia Warszawa v AFC Ajax 16/2/2017

Legia Warszawa v AFC Ajax
Legia Warszawa: Lukasz Broz (11/0 d), Thibault Moulin (18/0 m)(both doubtful), Artur Jedrzejczyk (1/0 d), Jakub Rzezniczak (16/0 d)
AFC Ajax: Matthijs De Ligt (3/0 m), Pelle Clement (1/0 f)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com
tip74 is offline   Reply With Quote

PINNACLE SPORTS: One of the very best. New website!

Old 16-02-17, 09:36   #2
piopawlowski
Freshman

piopawlowski is an unknown quantity at this point

Heart says Legia, but brain some different To many absences in Legia. I don't see Legia to win this. Ajax have young players but plays solid in Eredivisie and score a goals. It's a good value for them. Legia sold two key forwarders (Nikolic and Prijovic), Nacid and Vako played once with this team. I don't see arguments for Legia... 0:1, 0:2
piopawlowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-17, 13:16   #3
AgainstModernFootball

AgainstModernFootball is on a distinguished road

We will see.
For sure Legia is stronger than 2 season ago and Ajax is weaker.

Of course Bereszynski and NIkolic are big missings. Moulin also (injury) but really dont know what happen.

Also dont have any idea aboyut overs under. I have felling about similiar match like this against Sporting 1-0/0-0/0-1/1-1.

Malarz - Broz Pazdan Dabrowski Hlousek - Kopczynski Jodlowiec - Kazaiszwili(Gui) Odidja Radovic - Necid. This is also strong team.
AgainstModernFootball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-17, 13:18   #4
lavovi

lavovi is on a distinguished road

Mire R. will be 1st striker so there is ni problem with that.
Ajax is just awfull.
Clear hw to me
Old 16-02-17, 13:22   #5
Miccho

Miccho is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgainstModernFootball View Post
We will see.
For sure Legia is stronger than 2 season ago and Ajax is weaker.

Of course Bereszynski and NIkolic are big missings. Moulin also (injury) but really dont know what happen.

Also dont have any idea aboyut overs under. I have felling about similiar match like this against Sporting 1-0/0-0/0-1/1-1.

Malarz - Broz Pazdan Dabrowski Hlousek - Kopczynski Jodlowiec - Kazaiszwili(Gui) Odidja Radovic - Necid. This is also strong team.
Not sure Ajax is weaker than 2 season ago. They are very balanced, full of youth energy and talent. In two years time most of their current lineup will be playing in Premier League (some in top teams).

Ajax have very good coach (I like him much more than De Boer). Their passing and movement game at moments is simply fantastic.

About goals - clearly game looks underish. Legia will give away possession and sit back deep. Ajax won't rush into fast attacks, they know that as long as they keep good possession, their chances will come. Yet, not touching unders, because an early goal from Ajax might open up this game completely.
Miccho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-17, 11:43   #6
AgainstModernFootball

AgainstModernFootball is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavovi View Post
Mire R. will be 1st striker so there is ni problem with that.
Ajax is just awfull.
Clear hw to me
Not this time mate. But Miro was one of the best yesterday.
As always he and Odidja "do the business".

0-0 at home against Ajax good result. Ajax good team but Sporting Lisbon was much much better.
AgainstModernFootball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-17, 11:55   #7
lavovi

lavovi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgainstModernFootball View Post
Not this time mate. But Miro was one of the best yesterday.
As always he and Odidja "do the business".

0-0 at home against Ajax good result. Ajax good team but Sporting Lisbon was much much better.
Kuharchuk and guilerhme should start from the begining and guilerhme on the left side not on the right and ti be braver in the defense defenders to look more for a pass not to kick ball to corner or out
Old 17-02-17, 13:07   #8
compton

compton is on a distinguished road

It´s no use to hold on to chicken tactics with Jodlowiec and Kopczynski in central midfield. They wont dominate central midfield (or stop Ajax from creating chances in front of Malarz) anyway because Ajax is way to creative in comparison. This game/those meetings should be won with offensvie (seen with Legia eyes). I doubt that Magiera thinks the same but I would not play Jodlowiec & Kopczynski/Moulin at the same time. Necid as lone striker is not an option today. Kucharczyk (never mind how many negative comments he receives on the internet) would be much more useful. I know that he can miss an empty goal standing two meters from the goal line. His problem sits in his head. With more self confidence he would even be a bench player in the NT. It´s better to give yourself a chance to score then just wait for superior Ajax to do the first goal and rock-climbing will start...

I would play Moulin (if he is fit), Vadis and Hämäläinen (wise player who will provide calm not just kicking the ball far away) central. Gui and Vako on the flanks and Kuchy in attack.

Best Regards
compton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-17, 19:05   #9
Fulerre
Freshman

Fulerre is on a distinguished road

Believe me, the problem is not in his head. It's his head. And both legs. In general - skills. Or the lack of them. He's a fighter with good condition, he runs a lot, helps in defense. But he's weak. The only role for him is a bench player that enters the pitch around 70th minute. He's fresh, his opponents are tired and that's how it works. Kucharczyk doesn't fit to Vadis-Rado-Gui technical play. Last games of 2016 clearly proved it.

I also think You got it all wrong with they way Legia should play in second leg. Going offensively against Ajax would be suicidal, remember Dortmund? It's got to be the same tactics as against Sporting. Clever defensive play and looking for opportunities in quick attacks. Like in Glasgow. Or Trabzon.
There's no option to go without neither Jodlowiec nor Kopczynski. Defensive midfielder is crucial when Your second central midfielder and both full backs attacks a lot. Moulin is not a defensive midfielder, he's more like box to box. Vadis and Hama won't work in defense hard enough. For me it will be Jodlowiec-Moulin-Vadis and if Thibault won't make it then the same set-up as yesterday: Kopczynski-Jodlowiec-Vadis.

I'm quite positive after game. Ajax need a win in Amsterdam, Legia will have chances in counters. Looking at the big picture, draws against Real Madrid and Ajax, win against Sporting CP. You have to appreciate this campaign regardless of the result in Amsterdam. Especially when You remember heavy beating from FC Zurich, losses to Midtjylland or Apollon, being kicked out by FK Moscow, Brondby or Austria Wien.
Fulerre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-17, 22:18   #10
compton

compton is on a distinguished road

Yes technique is not the best but like you said he is a fighter with iron lungs. He doesn´t have to be expert on dribblings like Jay Jay Okocha or Ariel Ortega to do his role. I believe he can catch better shape like autumn 2014. At that time he was even supposed to start in Tbilisi. Everything was prepared, you know Mr. Nawalka, he is a perfectionist. Kucharczyk had tons of information and instructions. But you could see it in his eyes that he wasn´t mentally ready for the task and he didn´t take place in first eleven. The rest is history like they use to say.

I don´t agree with you but you might think I am wrong if you like, no harm .

Legia is only having two quality defenders available. Pazdan and Hlousek. Broz was in a freezer for some time and now taking Bereszynski´s place because he went to Sampdoria. Dabrowski (and Czerwinski) was a panic signing this summer, he is just ekstraklasa level that´s all. To bad Jedrzejczyk can not play. Both Pazdan and Dabrowski are limited in offensive, they don´t have ability to open attacks with long and precise passings or Sergio Ramos speed with the ball at their feet . Only offensive efforts they can make are corners at opponents half.

If Ajax get early 1-0 then it will be very hard to achieve something with Jodlowiec and Kopczynski. Despite 4-3-3 Ajax didn´t have any problems with winning duels on midfield or slipping through with quality passes. Ajax looked nervous when Legia put little pressure on them and I would seek something here. Jodlowiec is like a "league one" (yes in England) player comparing to Klaassen. He either kicks the ball blindly as far as he can when he gets it or turns his back at his opponent hoping to be fouled. Kopczynski will not create much either. If you are anyway doomed to defend yourself most of the time with all (?) men available then why not having some creativity on the pitch in case you conquer the ball? Hämäläinen (for example) both thinks and plays faster then Jodlowiec not to mention his technique which is also better.

Each game has it´s own history and outcome. To compare Borussia Dortmund and Ajax is like to compare Audi A8 and VW Passat speaking with VAG terms . Borussia is clearly better. Legia would be Skoda Octavia here.

I know Legia is having certain (limited) quality and Ajax sits on the triumph. Defending seems like the most reasonable thing to do but if you don´t risk you don´t earn...

I will be the first to congratulate you and Teo if Legia goes through which is also my wish.

Best Regards
compton is offline   Reply With Quote