This site is for adults 18+ due to gambling/betting content. If you have a problem with gambling issues, or need information, please visit:
Gambling Help Online Gamblers Anonymous Gambling Therapy Gamble Aware Jugadores Anonimos JugarBIEN BeGambleAware GamCare

**WC POD 06/07/2018**

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • San Miguel
    Freshman
    • May 2007

**WC POD 06/07/2018**

Originally posted by Macot View Post
    Here are main rules, you will find others here:

Price booty will be a bit higher than for regular POD, 1st place will be awarded with 150 EUR, second place with 100 EUR and third place will bring 50 EUR!

Here are the rules:

The Competition

The competition has the purpose to gather the best bets of a certain day of WC 2018. It's for fun, but the competition can also be a good place for tipsters to find picks quicker than browsing all pages. You can place your Pick of the day and score points if it satisfies the conditions that are stated below. The competition lasts one month and in that period, a contestant must give exactly 8 picks. YOU CAN ENTER THE COMPETITION UNTIL IT IS POSSIBLE TO PICK EIGHT POD-s. It means, entering competition after only 7 days of the WC left, is not possible. Every missing pick till 8 at the end of the month will be punished with -100 points per missing pick.
    You must be a registered user of this forum to participate. You must have a unique IP address, not more than one competitor can use the same address.
    Odds must be between 1.50 and 3.50 and only odds taken from these 3 bookmakers are allowed:

Bet365
    Pinnacle
    SBOBet

You must write arguments for your pick or at least give a link to a prediction on BA main page, written by yourself.
    About the conditions

You can only give one pick per day. Your pick must be different to all other placed picks, but you can back another team/player in the same game as someone else has taken. For your pick to count, it must be posted at least 1 hour before the event starts.

You cannot back the same team/player as someone else even if you take a different bet type (for example handicap bet, different game total etc.). But this rule applies only for quarterfinals/semifinals/finals of the WC!!! In the group phase of WC and in 1/8 finals you can take picks that were already taken by other users!!!

You can take these bet types (but only inside allowed odds from 1,50 to 3,50!):

-Asian handicap bets (final or HT)
    -European handicap bets (final or HT)
    -Over/Under bets (Game total) (final or HT)
    -Home/Draw/Away bets (final or HT)
    -Double Chance (1X,12,X2)
    -Both teams to score (Yes/No)
    -Half time/Full time
    -Player to score (anytime scorer, first scorer)
    -Number of corners (final or HT)
    -Number of cards
    -First team to score (Yes/No)
    -Second team to score (Yes/No)
    -number of goals scored team 1/team 2

You must write the correct bookie and correct odds in the time of your posting.

Scoring

A pick that was wrong will cost you 100 points. When you've made a correct pick, and it satisfied the conditions, you will gain 100 (Odds-1) points. For example, a successful pick @ 1.85 will give you 85 points. This is the net profit if you had staked 100 units. Asian Handicaps will be calculated accoringly to the net profit. It is not allowed to pick odds below 1,50 and above 3,50.
    The contestant that scores the highest number of points with 8 picks, will win the monthly competition. In case he fails to give 8 picks, 100p-for every missing pick- will be deducted from his score.
    To win Special WC POD you MUST make 8 bets ! Hopefully we will have time to update the standings everyday, but there may be some delays from time to time.

Good luck to all!!!!!
    !!!
  • San Miguel
    Freshman
    • May 2007

Pick 3.

1W/1L +125;

Brazil vs Belgium

Pick: Over 3,5 Goals
    Odds: 3.40
    Bookie: Bet365

This will be the second Quartel Final today,where Brazil and Belgium will feature us a cracking game of football,the best we see in this round.
    The Brazilians are a solid team,they have proven that here in Russia,they belong to the elite and effective football nations.Brazil and Neymar will surely have the ball most of the time,to obtain some dangerous free kick positions near the penalty box.Belgium are vulnerable at the back,with the three defenders ,Kompany,Vertonghen and Aldeirlweireld didn't look convincing in the last games against Tunisia and Japan!On the other hand,their midfield and attack looks very powerful,Eden Hazard and Kevin de Bruyne are in form and their creativity,speed and quality should cause a lot of troubles for the brazilians.
    All in all,both teams should have some serious chances to score,while both teams also have quality attacking players on the bench,which were their biggest strenghts in this World Cup.I think a first half goal could open this clash up and goals should come easily after that from both sides.An entertainning game,with at least four goals scored,what I expect for today:3-2,2-2,2-3 are my calls!!!
    1-2 pick lost
    Last edited by Macot; 16-07-18, 21:00.

Comment

• Valverde
      • Apr 2006

Pick #5
      [1W 3L -154]
      Football World Cup
      France - Uruguay
      Pick: x
      Odds: 3.14
      Bookie: Pinnacle

On paper things look clear. France have bigger potential, stronger team etc. and should win this one. After slow start in group phase they beat Argentina after impressive come back. However Uruguay impressed me a lot against Portugal and during group phase too. They are very motivated and their mentality is very strong. They are not calculating and if they have a chance to score, shot etc. they are trying this like it is a matter of life or death. Great example was both Cavani's goals against Portugal in which if he will try something else than shot he will probably won't score. Against France I expect one more time such decided Uruguayan players. This surely will be big battle and with no doubt this match will be close till very end. If Uruguay will play once again such constantly as a team France will have big trouble. In sum I think this match will be great to watch and I think it will last for more than 90 minutes as after regular time I expect a draw.
      2-0 pick lost
      Last edited by Macot; 16-07-18, 21:00.

Comment

• Sabelius
        • Jul 2011

Pick #5 -50 (1w 3l)
        Brazil - Belgium
        Pick: Belgium (1x2)
        Odds: 3.75 @ Pinnacle

After 1/8 finals everyone saying that Belgium is weak in defence and with such display have no chance against Brazil. I'd like to underline that Belgium always performs different against top teams (like England for example) and versus weaker (like Japan or Panama).
        Versus Canarinhos I expect full motivation from very first till very last minute. Red Devils have very talented generation of players and they are absolutely in their prime time.
        Brazil on the other side is weaker and weaker with every Mundial. Four years ago they were humiliated in front of home crowd by Germany and Netherlands. Now they are conflicted inside because of Neymar. Also they have no real threat from any rivals so far.
        I think Belgium will test Canarinhos hardly and in sum they will win this one.
        Odds too high, pick cancelled!
        Last edited by Macot; 16-07-18, 21:01.

Comment

• vividaniel
          • Aug 2010

pick 4

1-0-2 14

Russia Worl Cup

Uruguay vs France

pick Uruguay AH 0

odd 3.17 with SBOBET

This is a pick against Deschamps.I really don"t understand why this man is the coach of France after the disaster from Euro.Ok,many people said that the second place in Europe is not a disaster but in those circumstances it was in my opinion.They lost the final at home with Portugal,allmost all game without Ronaldo, a Portugal which played rather poor at that tournament.Than Deschamps stayed and what the great team of France played?Take a look at some results from qualification games.0-0 with Belarus,2-1 defeat with Sweden,and the greatest achevement ever 0-0 at home with Luxemburg.I will never understand why after this game the man was not fired.Anyway they came in Russia and played 4 games so far.Everyboody speak about the last game 4-3 with Argentina.how good they were but nobody say nothing about how bad Argentina played here.Nobody say nothing about the 2-1 victory against great team of Australia and 1-0 victory against the great team of Peru.The point is that I belive France are the best players from all the teams which are now in the competition but with this coach I think their road here will end today.If Cavani would play I"d be safer but it seems he will not play but I will take this anyway.Stuani is also a very good striker.I wanted to take Uruguay to qualify but it seams that I can"t do this according to the WCPOD rules altough I am not sure because I saw some picks" to qualifies" in the days before and nobody said nothing.
          0-2 pick lost
          Last edited by Macot; 16-07-18, 21:01.

Comment

• Serpico_re
            • Mar 2017

pick5 1-04, -125

france - uruguay

under 1.5 total
            odd 2.5
            bet365

France showed that they are so dangerous in counterattack and in transition, but that game vs Arg just help Uru to get their stuff together. France wont have so much room for that kind of stuff. Uru can close so good, they are tough team . Just cant see any goals here, maybe late winner, or if one score can hold till end. I think that Uru can pass France easily if they play concentrated in defence and thats it, France will be clueless, i do not trust them anymore. Args were lost on pitch and beside what i think of Uru defence i also think that France defence is very brutal . They showed that they can hold the ball. Both teams are playing very fluid passing game. so all points to me to this two scenarios, and only first early goal can destroy this bet.
            0-2 pick lost
            Last edited by Macot; 16-07-18, 21:02.

Comment

• sirac
              • Sep 2004

Pick # 6 (1-0-4...-160)
              Last 8
              Brazil-Belgium

Pick: Brazil 1/1 HT/FT
              Odds: 3.40

Belgium has got some serious issues playing compact and defending its a bit of a problem for them. I simply dont see them capable of a clean sheet here. It will be a question a time the first brasilian game and considering how bad were waffles against Japan it is very likely we will see it before HT. Of course Martinez aint a bad coach, he reacted well in Nippon game and made the right subs which changed the game, i believe he will also do it here, prior to the start and Belgium will look better but there are still plenty of issues for brasilians to exploit so i can definitelly see them having in it easy up to the first goal. Belgium has great players but no chemistry, and no real team. They will definitelly test brasilian defense as they have great players up-front so id be more confident in backing goals here but that option is already taken so i will go with this risky option.
              1-2 pick lost
              Last edited by Macot; 16-07-18, 21:02.
              My country is the world...and my religion is to do good.

Comment

• Pisac
                • Sep 2013

Pick 4 (0-0-3) -300
                Uruguay vs France
                Pick: 2 (2-2 HT / FT)
                Odds: 3.25
                Bookie: bet365

As first, we should pay attention to referee Pitana from Argentina in this match. In my opinion, he can be a "key player" in this match. Anyway, this can be a very tough match. Also, this can be draw in regular time. Something else, this can be draw in the first half. Uruguay is without Cavani. So, they will try at any cost to stay without defeat, especially in the first half. No doubt, they are very solid in their defense. They will wait for their chance. As things stand, they will try to move their defense and make the offside traps.
                On the other hand, France has an excellent team. They are quicker to attack, also, they have very solid players like Giroud, Griezmann and incredible Mbappe. True, they will be without Matuidi (very useful and important player - cards). Yes, Mendy is doubtful. Anyway, they can go very hard from the first minute. In that case they can score a goal. At least, I hope.
                All in all, this will be a very exciting match and the winner in this match expects Brasil or Belgium. France is a very compact team, they have more power, they are better in all fields, so, I expect them to score a final result in the first half.
                GL!
                0-1/0-2 pick won
                Last edited by Macot; 16-07-18, 21:03.

Comment

• Louis
                  • Jun 2007

Pick #6
                  [1 0 4 (-167)

Uruguay - France

Pick: over 2.75
                  Odds: 3.50

Both teams showed great performance in this World Cup. They both topped their group and they are among main favorites for the trophy. To bad they meet this early and one of them must go home after this match.

Uruguay won all their matches and collected 9 points, they beat Egypt, Saudi Arabia and Russia in the group and Portugal 2:1 in 1/8 finals. Real test comes today. They have good players at every position, they have experience and they are hungry for success. They are underdogs today but that is good thing for them. They have enough power to score goal(s) and even to surprise big favorite.

France with 7 points passed their group, they had one boring 0:0 draw vs Denmark where both teams rested their players for 1/8 final, they beat Peru and Australia, then in 1/8 final they beat Argentina with crazy 4:3 result.
                  They are favorites in this match, they have great attacking power, they can score a lot.

This match can start in slow fashion, but after first goal is scored, more goals can come.
                  I think we will see at least three goals here today, and hopefully some more.
                  My results are: 3:1, 2:2, 1:3 !!!

Good luck, CHEERS
                  0-2 pick lost
                  Last edited by Macot; 16-07-18, 21:04.
                  MAZEDONIEN ÃœBER ALLES !!!

Comment

• Vossietheref
                    • Apr 2006

Pick 6 (5 1-0-4 -257)
                    Uruguay - France
                    Pick France -1 (ah)
                    odds: 3.30 @ Pinnacle

this is gonna be a nice game
                    France impressed me though and i think sadly enough this will be an easy win for them
                    the big question here is if star player Cavani of uruguay will play today?
                    i think the question is no despite he is marked as questionable
                    latest news from 8 minutes ago (googled it)

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++
                    Yes. The striker suffered a calf injury in Uruguay***8217;s 2-1 win over Portugal.

He scored both goals in the last-16 triumph before being subbed off in the 74th minute.

Cavani boasts three goals in the World Cup this summer.

Will Edinson Cavani play against France?
                    Possibly. Cavani is facing a race against time and only returned to Uruguay training on Thursday.

Staff of the national team are hopeful he will pass a late fitness test today.

He trained individually on Thursday with a coach and appeared to show no sign of limping.Uruguayan newspaper Republica appear resigned to him not playing.

They wrote: ***8220;Of course, the medical team will do everything in their power to recover the striker who has left millions of football fans in suspense, but the few days that separate us from the duel against the Gauls conspires against the possibility that the "Matador" will fully recover.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
                    Cavani was the man of the match last game and single handed made it possible for uruguay to go through(what a great effort and fighting spirit he showed and scoring both goals in the 2-1 win against portugal
                    In this match i dont see as much goals as in the earlyer game france had against argentina(4-3 win) but they have class and speed in mbappe and dont forget starstriker griezmann..overal a low scoring game 1-0 or 0-0 at half time and end result a 2-0 victory for les blues(->that are the french)
                    so therefore a -1 handicap is well possible
                    0-2 pick won
                    Last edited by Macot; 16-07-18, 21:05.

Comment

• Gvdw
                      • Jul 2010

Pick # 5 (1-1-2) -110
                      Brazil - Belgium
                      Pick: Over 12 Corners
                      Odd: 3.00
                      Bet365

Even tough Belgium has won every match so far they have been conceding corners easily. Panama and Tunisia only had 2 and 3 corners but England had 7 corners against Belgium and Japan 6. However, Belgium also had a total of 10 corners against Japan.
                      Brazil conceded only 3 corners in the first 2 games but against Serbia they conceded 5 corners and against Mexico even 7. Brazil has had at least 7 corners in every match so far.
                      Both teams are dangerous on the wings so i expect this match to also have plenty of corners.
                      8-4 pick void
                      Last edited by Macot; 16-07-18, 21:05.

Comment

• Catalonec4ever
                        • Jun 2011

Pick #6

Standing: 1/0/4 (-305)

Football, World Cup
                        20:00 Brazil - Belgium
                        Pick: Over 2.5 @2.04 - Pinnacle Sports

Brazil has demonstrated quality and abilities to remain the major national team at this World Cup tournament with highest chances to lift the trophy. Their performances were not so strong as results suggest, as have watch it many of the matches overall and realizy that had some bigger luck then others. The only dominant match was vs Costa Rica but against Serbia and Mexico, where opponents were mostly short about finishing the chances with which Brazil have been put under pressure, this 3 clean sheets outcomes are out of real picture of the game.

Belgium survived the drama on last match vs Japan where the favourites at some time of the match has been 2-0 down and most luckly, both changes that Martinez had made appears the key once for overcoming and winning at regular 90 minutes. As only team with maximum of wins, 4 out of 4 matches, and with the quality present, the ***8220;underdoogs***8221; here have a lot to demonstrated. It***8217;s quiet their time after been eliminated so big nations.

I would say that there is no favourite at this clash, IMO. I see two great football squads, nice tacticly as team and great inividuals as players. The importance of the match will not allow to play both of them to survive during the match. With the capacity they have and with the defensive weakness from which I***8217;m not quiet satisfated, bealive that we will have good match, plenty of goal-scoring opportunities where goals should come at least by one on both sides, IMO.

With little team changes, regarding on replacements, both coach most probably will use the some starting line-up.

Good luck!
                        1-2 pick won
                        Last edited by Macot; 16-07-18, 21:06.

Comment

• Daneck
                          • Mar 2003

Rules: You cannot back the same team/player as someone else even if you take a different bet type (for example handicap bet, different game total etc.). But this rule applies only for quarterfinals/semifinals/finals of the WC!!! In the group phase of WC and in 1/8 finals you can take picks that were already taken by other users!!!

and my pick.

4-0-1 +403
                          Brazil vs. Belgium
                          Pick: both teams to score @ 1.76 bet365

No need for expanded reasoning, I think. Both teams are rich of players with offensive skills. Belgium showed that in almost each of their game. Brazil will be a massive test for them but I believe Belgium will find way to score at least once having creative players in midfield and Lukaku firing up front.

On the other hand they concede too easily in this tournament and to me, it***8217;s hard to imagine Brazil not to take advantage of it. I expect Neymar and Coutinho to have enough of opportunities as Belgium cannot keep focus at the back throughout 90 minutes.

Both teams are in QF and are advanced tactically of course but the game looks more like ***8220;who outscores who***8221; than ***8220;who outsmarts who***8221;. Goals for both will come.
                          1-2 pick won
                          Last edited by Macot; 16-07-18, 21:06.

Comment

• Wtrylika
                            • Jan 2013

Pick #5
                            0-0-4, -400

Brazil - Belgium
                            Over 3.5
                            Odds 3.40 at Bet365

Brazil and Belgium are two teams that look impressive in offense so far in the World Cup. Brazil have scoed 7 goals so far in the tournament but I believe they are yet to show their best. With the players like Naymar, Coutinho, Willian, Gabriel Jesus they are able to cause plenty of problems for Belgium's defence that wasn't so good against Japan. Asian side has scored twice in that game. On the other hand Belgium look so goo in scoring too with Lukaku, Hazard, Mertens in offense. They have scored 3 against Japan, 5 against Tunisia, have found the net against England and scored 3 against Panama in just one half. I wait for attacking football and if we will see an early goal this might mean an open game with plenty of goals.
                            Over already taken, pick cancelled
                            Last edited by Macot; 16-07-18, 21:07.

Comment

• Wtrylika
                              • Jan 2013

Sorry, I guess Over 3.5 is not allowed.
                              Then Over 3
                              Odds 2.92 at Pinnacle

Comment

Latest predictions

Collapse

Last posts

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Top Tipster Month

Collapse

Top Tipster Overall

Collapse

Favourite bookmakers

Collapse

PINNACLE SPORTS
                              Great bookie, offer superb odds (low margins), very high limits, does not slash winning customers. Probably the most reliable sportsbook on the net. Well known among sports punters for their ability and will to offer a fair product. Pinnacle will not hide. If you are good, you win. OK,  I'll give Pinnacle Sports a try!

Working...
                              X