This site is for adults 18+ due to gambling/betting content. If you have a problem with gambling issues, or need information, please visit:
Gambling Help Online Gamblers Anonymous Gambling Therapy Gamble Aware Jugadores Anonimos JugarBIEN BeGambleAware GamCare

Go Back   Bettingadvice forum > Soccer >
UEFA Europa League

UEFA Europa League
Picks and analysis and discussions for UEFA Europa League games.

Bet on European football at:
BET365 Great live betting !!

Online Sports Betting at Pinnacle Sports
BET365: Simply the best bookie for livebetting! PINNACLE: BA's all time favourite bookmaker. Great odds!

Old 28-08-18, 18:50   #1
Wilson
Super Moderator

Wilson is on a distinguished road
Default Europa League Qual 30 Aug

Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote

PINNACLE SPORTS: One of the very best. New website!

Old 28-08-18, 19:20   #2
Wilson
Super Moderator

Wilson is on a distinguished road

Value on Shkendija is definitly big here...I watched the first game in Norway and i can simply say that Rosenborg was nothing special despite the 3-1 home victory. The game was more or less equal, and Shkendija was the better side on second half..Shkendija conceded two early goals due to naive Goalkeeper and stupid defence mistakes but over the time the game became equal and Shkendija had clear chances to score another one in the late 15 minutes.

The game is not over at least not on host's mind and motivation will be big . Shkendija had offensive mind in Norway, it should be the same again here especially as they have to win 2-0 here. I expect an open game and i think Shkendija will be the better team on the pitch and good enough to win the game as long as striker Besart Ibraimi is on top form he should be able to score a goal or two, this player is something like Dutch or Belgian league material and definitly not weak enough for Macedonian league .
Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-18, 11:47   #3
Chippen17

Chippen17 is an unknown quantity at this point

Which game will be full of goals?

I was thinking about; brondby-genk / molde-zenit / steaua-rapid wien
Chippen17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-18, 13:24   #4
nakedtons

nakedtons has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Can Steaua and Burnley win against their respective opponents? I don't know much about Steaua beside knowing that they are poor defensively.

I watched the 1st leg between Olympiakos and Burnley. Burnley matched Olympiakos in the 1st half but were destroyed by a red card. I am tempted to have a punt on Burnley to win but they have not won in 90 minutes in the previous qualifying rounds. We are used to seeing Burnley defend stoutly but I don't know much about their attacking prowess now that they are forced to adopt an offensive attitude to overcome a deficit.
nakedtons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-18, 19:04   #5
RafaRoger

RafaRoger is on a distinguished road

Defender papa is injured will not play for FCK against Atalanta but Theres hope for midfielders Zeca and Rasmus Falk to make it. Atalanta & over 2.5 @ 2.62 Bet365 is probably a good bet imo, only "problem" is the fact that they will qualify with a scoredraw too thus not needing to win to progress...
RafaRoger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-18, 22:09   #6
nakedtons

Romanian fans here, do you see FCSB at least winning at home against Rapid Wien? I want to back FCSB but their defense worries me.
Old 29-08-18, 22:57   #7
sirac

sirac is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakedtons View Post
Romanian fans here, do you see FCSB at least winning at home against Rapid Wien? I want to back FCSB but their defense worries me.
Its a posibility given first leg result since austrians will be happy with a loss but for exactly that reason it is a risky bet. Their defense was really crap, Balasa and Stan looked very poor in first leg and they dont have many options in central, plus now the regular gk seems to be missing which adds more instability. But they will prolly play the safe card adding Filip and Tanase which covers more space.
Odds for goals were much better in first leg, above 2, when Fcsb played really offensive. Now it looks like they wont throw themselves like a bunch of hungry lions and odds are 1.85 which makes this a bad investement compared with first leg, but it will depend on line-ups. Batter opportunities prolly for in-play market as Fcsb will certainly risk, and really throw caution out of window at some point and Rapid is great on transition. But as it stands atm, they look like putting caution as priority, which may not be enough with that silly defense and 19 yo gk. You gotta be aware that this Fcsb is bit unpredictable no matter what you chose, the simply way this club is managed is just based on random gut from their owner and prayers instead of a solid management.
Old 29-08-18, 23:01   #8
steauawin
Freshman

steauawin is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Steaua will win and over 2.5.
The game in wien was unlucky.rapid scored first goal on a counter,second goal a corner and the 3rd a big mistake by GK.they force is when they play on home ground but in away games they suck.they lost at slovan bratislava 2-1 and slovan had 2 shots on goal.
Steaua dominated second half creating many chances but goalkeeper had a big day.also steaua hit the post 2 times.
Steaua will attack from first minute and will create many chances.team comes from a win 1-4 at Viitorul were many important players were rested for this game.
Also 35-40k support on stadium.
Only problem here is the pitch - a little warn out.

Steaua to win and over 2.5 @3.30
Steaua to score in both halfs @3.10
Steaua to score 3+@4.00

Also betting on corners is good.
steauawin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-18, 07:02   #9
BanDit

BanDit is on a distinguished road

STB win - 2.00 7u.

The bet comes mainly from the fact that RPV has some internal turmoil. Sups even called for the managers ***8220;out***8221; when their team wins. Rapid as Rapid can be.

In the first leg, as mentioned above already, it could habe ended easily the other way round. And as some Romanian clerk shouted immediatly after the final whistlej:
***8220; in the return leg we gonna demolish Vienna. ***8220;

Besides that im not a big fan of such martial phrases, i hope this may work into my bets favour. Or to stay martial: ***8220;Lets bring it on Steaua..***8221;

GL @ All
BanDit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-18, 09:39   #10
Get Real!

Get Real! is on a distinguished road

201819 UEFA Europa League, Play-off round, 30 Aug

1. AEK Larnaca vs AS Trencin

AEK should've taken the win last week for they had the most and better chances to score so Trencin are lucky and no doubt satisfied with the final 1-1 result.

Having watched a Trencin with not much going forward and hardly a threat to the AEK defense, it's not too hard to predict how the 2nd leg at the AEK Arena will unfold.

In Cyprus the fate of AS Trencin should not be too different to that of Dundalk or Sturm Graz.

Predictions: Home team to win to NIL, Home team to score at least 2 goals, Home team to qualify to GS.

2. Apollon Limassol vs FC Basel

As I suspected last week, FC Basel did indeed wake up and played good football to get the win thanks to a late own-goal when it suddenly began pouring with rain and from a corner kick the ball came off an Apollon player's back and straight into the net making it 3-2 for Basel and saving them from another calamity.

Basel now has a lucky one-goal advantage to take to the away match however, in Cyprus Apollon is a different animal that makes very few mistakes and is very clinical.

After the 3-2 scoreline, even a 1-0 win for Apollon is enough to eliminate Basel although a higher goal difference is expected.

Predictions: Home team to win, Away team to score, Home team to qualify to GS, Correct score 3-1.

3. Astana vs APOEL Nicosia

This season's APOEL has failed to convince that they are Group Stage material with a late and tiny 1-0 win over their eager Kazakh opponents.

APOEL's scout manager has recently parted ways with the club which is another indicator that recent signings have not lived up to expectations.

With pretty much the same side APOEL is now expected to travel abroad and pull off a miracle, but a habitual bad traveler can do very little to stop the confidence and enthusiasm of the hosts who more than proved their worth in Cyprus.

Predictions: Home team to win to NIL, Correct score 2-0, Home team to qualify to GS

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NB: Late development in Cyprus not accounted for in the predictions above:

The recent introduction of an obligatory spectator ID card intended to fight hooliganism, seems to have backfired with as much as 60% of match goers (especially "ultras") refusing to apply and thus not attending football matches.

This development affects the home matches of AEK and Apollon who will probably see their home crowds shrink from a typical 6-7K to just a few hundred maybe. The absence of the usual home crowd may have an impact on the home side's performance.
Get Real! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-18, 11:12   #11
greenpower

greenpower is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chippen17 View Post
Which game will be full of goals?
There should be some goals in Ludogorets - T Kutaisi imho.

Ludo under Autuori is not by any means a scoring machine but they do have the scoring potential and almost same players have proven it over the past years. Kutaisi seem to be playing fairly open footie. They have to score today (more than once actually), which would mean they will start risking at some point. Ludo might shut them down (as they have done with a stronger team like CSKA-Sofia) but I believe the Georgians would take at least one of their chances. 3:1 HW (but why not 2:2 to make things interesting).

I am taking over 3 (AH) @ as much as 3 here.
greenpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-18, 11:26   #12
nakedtons

Handicap for Steaua has risen from -0.25 to -0.5. Odds have dropped a lot. Will Steaua satisfy a public bet?
Old 30-08-18, 11:28   #13
steauawin
Freshman

Steaua Copenhaga and CFR to qualify odds around 35
Old 30-08-18, 11:32   #14
steauawin
Freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenpower View Post
There should be some goals in Ludogorets - T Kutaisi imho.

Ludo under Autuori is not by any means a scoring machine but they do have the scoring potential and almost same players have proven it over the past years. Kutaisi seem to be playing fairly open footie. They have to score today (more than once actually), which would mean they will start risking at some point. Ludo might shut them down (as they have done with a stronger team like CSKA-Sofia) but I believe the Georgians would take at least one of their chances. 3:1 HW (but why not 2:2 to make things interesting).

I am taking over 3 (AH) @ as much as 3 here.
Good bet imo.Ludogoret have 12 consecutive games under 2.5 and only 3 games over 1.5.they should break this series.they can score 3 today
Old 30-08-18, 13:46   #15
nakedtons

Betting on over 9.5 corners for Burnley vs Olympiakos is another good bet. Burnley needs to chase the game desperately and this will result in a large number of corners. Having seen the 1st leg, both teams love to put crosses into the box as both sides showed weaknesses in defending crosses. This resulted in a large number of corners in the 1st half but it died down when Burnley went down to 10 men early in the 2nd half.
Old 30-08-18, 15:23   #16
Dex

Dex is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Get Real! View Post
NB: Late development in Cyprus not accounted for in the predictions above:

The recent introduction of an obligatory spectator ID card intended to fight hooliganism, seems to have backfired with as much as 60% of match goers (especially "ultras") refusing to apply and thus not attending football matches.

This development affects the home matches of AEK and Apollon who will probably see their home crowds shrink from a typical 6-7K to just a few hundred maybe. The absence of the usual home crowd may have an impact on the home side's performance.
We have similar situation here with boycotts and teams refuse to play the game (Hajduk Split) but at the end it's gone well as we see in Dinamo - YB game where was also personalized tickets required. It will be hard first year or two but then "normal" people will come in stadium. We here have funny situations where girls go to the game and boys must go also
Dex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-18, 15:32   #17
Dex

Quote:
Betting on over 9.5 corners for Burnley vs Olympiakos is another good bet. Burnley needs to chase the game desperately and this will result in a large number of corners. Having seen the 1st leg, both teams love to put crosses into the box as both sides showed weaknesses in defending crosses. This resulted in a large number of corners in the 1st half but it died down when Burnley went down to 10 men early in the 2nd half.
Over 5 corners in first half is also another good bet @ 2,75 in bet365
Old 30-08-18, 17:05   #18
nakedtons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dex View Post
Yes agree. The only obstacle is Olympiakos scoring the first goal and Burnley just quit and caused the number of corners to die down.
Old 30-08-18, 21:25   #19
nakedtons

Unlucky FCSB! If the goalkeeper had not touched the ball, it would be heading out and not gifted Rapid Wien a goal. Again their unstable defense was the culprit which ultimately caused their place in the group stages. A team will never go far with such a defense. Feel bad for our Romanian fans here!
Old 30-08-18, 21:28   #20
Dex

Quote:
Easy
4:2=6
Old 31-08-18, 04:22   #21
BanDit

BanDit is on a distinguished road
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanDit View Post
STB win - 2.00 7u.
STB - RPV 2:1 - bet won
BanDit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-18, 14:23   #22
egomax

egomax is on a distinguished road

Quote:
We have similar situation here with boycotts and teams refuse to play the game (Hajduk Split) but at the end it's gone well as we see in Dinamo - YB game where was also personalized tickets required. It will be hard first year or two but then "normal" people will come in stadium. We here have funny situations where girls go to the game and boys must go also
In Italy it exists from 2009, and the results are very good: normal people and families can go to the stadium safer.
egomax is offline   Reply With Quote