BWIN Pinnacle 888sport Bet365 10BET Gamebookers Betfair BET-AT-HOME Expekt 5Dimes CANBET

Go Back   Bettingadvice forum > Other sports > Other Sports

Other Sports For those of you wanting to discuss other sports not mentioned in their own subforums. Could be golf, sailing, table tennis, athletics, formula1, etc
Expekt - 100% bonus, get it here!!!

Online Sports Betting at Pinnacle Sports
BET365: Simply the best bookie for livebetting! PINNACLE: BA's all time favourite bookmaker. Great odds!

Old 16-05-17, 23:02   #61
Albier
Freshman

Albier is on a distinguished road

Well in the end Portugal won by destroying the jury and the televoting although it was too easy for what I expected. Finally, I was able to back Portugal to win @ 3.00, but I regret not having took them right after the semifinal 1 around @ 5.00 or so. Also, finally took Belgium @ 23 and made some profit in exchange, since after his performance the odds dropped very fast to be below @ 9.00 (It seems like everyone lay Italy in those moments), great business for all pf you who tried. Same happened with Bulgaria odds, but I really was not sure they were going to shorten much. On the negative side, I lost Azerbaijan / Belarus top-10 and Germany bottom, perhaps exaggerated but with new voting system seems impossible to predict a top-10 in the next few years.

I agree with Mindozas. In the end everything is music and with 200 million people watching live contest, each person will have different emotions and feelings, and for a thousand factors that we will never know this song has been the one that has reached all those people. I am not a musical expert to say that Portugal was the best song and it was fair his victory, since the Bulgarian song was also very good and had a superb TV-production, but really in contrast between the two, Salvador Sobral had something more special that the Bulgarian boy and like I said all the winning songs have had that "something special" that has differentiated them from the others the previous years. This year the special one has been Salvador, he has won the contest and not his country. A character who has appeared to Portugal by chance, with that look of homeless and careless with a very bohemian style. I do not think he is playing a role, he seems a very "peculiar" person, like a 10-years old kid and if, it is possible that he may have some kind of illness (is very thin and seems to get tired), altough seems this type of people who do not Is made for this modern world, but the guy is passionate about music, and the song was ideal for his style(message really is from an unrequited love, it seems like he entered the frienzone as everyone, poor guy), apart from that the language fits perfectly with this "fado" (popular style melancholy of Portugal). Also great decision that will act in the central stage and not in the main stage, since it gave him more force in TV-production.

The song for a person who has listened a thousand times, can be heavy and boring, but an average wiewer of any country that sees it for the first time, it is possible that it is identified and transmitted more than to the Bulgarian song, although Do not understand his message but the melody is fine and comes before the brain I guess

In any case, the Bulgarian song is the typical song that seems to be destined to be second, this incredibly produced, every detail, visually perfect, all very coordinated, seems the best in all of them, but not the most unique or the more unforgettable, comparing it with other years, I think it would have been second in almost all, something similar happened to Russia last year with a very similar song and with more rhythm, was the best in everything, but in the end people were more influenced by the staging and the "political and ethnic" message of the Ukrainian girl, something very similar to this year's. Italy for me was the big disappointment, as I said in my previous comments, I saw a piece of performance in the semifinal-1, and I was disappointed in TV-Production. I saw her losing a lot of strength from that moment and expected that when people saw the live performance, Italy was going to collapse and so it was. I think that after so much time being favorite and people having heard so many times the song, the expectations were much lower than those that had been created, although Francesco is a monster in front of the camera and the song is very catchy, but everything was too much disorganized. Besides that as we have said, it was a very conceptual song, if people at first wiew did not understand the meaning of the song, whole staging is useless and nonsense. So it was. It's a pity because he really liked me as winner, but being objective, they got too complicated with the staging, besides that leaving after Moldova did not help them at all, it seems to hurt them even more.

Sorry for your picks Nesquik, I followed you with Azerbaijan / Belarus top also, I was also going to follow you with H2H picks but my bookie did not offer them, although really if I could have also tried it in UK beat to Australia, although I would have lost too, but I think even so picks were good and were worth try it. Azerbaijan with those odds, it was inevitable not try it, I do not regret at all of this loss. The song was very good, maybe too risky with a message a little complicated, but of great quality for a contest like Eurovision, may like or not like in first wiew, but I found in "Skeletons" a very serious proposal, even the best of Azerbaijan in recent years. There was no luck, the judges did not value it badly (I thought they were going to make it worse), but televote was disappointing. It is clear that it is too much song for a public like this, that prefers more happy/simple songs, also something like what happened to Finland. Belarus was really expecting a big surprise, but I was not surprised either, in the end it hurt them to act so soon, they were forgotten and Moldova / Netherlands / Romania seems to have taken many votes. Moldova was third because the epic sax guy became viral a few years ago and people gave him many votes for him, nothing more. The song began with rhythm, but in the end it became heavy.

About UK vs Australia, really should have been ahead UK, it was better song and staging, but you have already said it all and everyone saw it, Australia had 2 points in televoting and split jury put them in their top-5. Song it was very awful, they should not have pass it to the final anyway, but as I said on the day of semifinal, their television has to pay a good economic fee to the EBU, because all juries have direct orders to leave the country well even with a proposal as this. So unanimous in these random juries that there is currently is very suspicious, all for a million more viewers, in the end we must remember that all this is a business.

Last edited by Albier; 16-05-17 at 23:18.
Albier is offline   Reply With Quote

PINNACLE SPORTS: One of the very best. New website!

Old 16-05-17, 23:07   #62
Albier
Freshman

Albier is on a distinguished road

About bottom, well I lost the bet on Germany bottom, but I think that after all, it was worth trying at those odds, there was not much difference as expected and as reflected in the bookies. In points of the jury, Spain and Germany should have finished with 0, but Irish bookies (sorry, Irish juries), gave 3 unexpected points to Germany, and that marks the final difference. It seemed like the bookies had these offers already decided, because in televoting Spain exceeded 5 to 3 Germany song (Yes, as I said in my pick Portugal for Spain and Germany / Switzerland for Germany). As expected, both were 25-26, but in any case, Spain has the well deserved bottom, their live performance was painful and above he was off pitch in the final part of the song, what a disaster. Spain should be considered for upcoming bottoms, there is not much interest on the part of National TV in this contest.

Regarding the official results of the two semifinals, I must say that I was totally wrong with Latvia and Macedonia, I was totally wrong with my picks. Latvia was humiliating, did not like people, and they were the last of their semifinal, their performance also leave to desire. Macedonia was better classified, but really did not have any options either jury or televoting. The only thing that leaves me perplexed was the sinking of the Jury to Finland, since because of that they did not qualify for the final. Too much good song for these crap juries, instead of the piano they would have had a guy with a sax and they would have classified sure, Eurovision stuff.

I must say that the new voting system I do not like too much, they should control more split jury, not only change jury members to stay well with the audience, they should be tougher with the criteria to value songs and sanction more economically fixed vots if were necessary, 50% is still too much. About televoting results should organize it in a way similar to the votes of the jury, its too fake when announcer says "250 points goes to Moldova" (sounds so fake advertise so the results, are so many points, people do not understand anything). The only thing I like about this is that all the small countries still have options to win or to top-3. I am glad that this victory of Portugal serves to break the cliches and taboos that in Eurovision is only won by politics and by having votes from friendly countries, Portugal is totally removed from Europe, has only affinity with Spain and not so much. Not in 1000 years would have thought that Portugal could win this. No country should excuse itself with this anymore, neither Spain.

This is all for me, it has been a pleasure to read and share your thoughts, great contribution of all, I hope you have been lucky with your bets, and that next year we can analyze even better, although with the new voting system no there will be more public bets like before.

Last edited by Albier; 16-05-17 at 23:09.
Albier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-17, 23:27   #63
KL1NCUNT

KL1NCUNT is an unknown quantity at this point

Bulgaria were the best, the most commercially accepted song would be that, easily

Portugal would get slaughtered on charts by Bulgarian's Beautiful Mess
KL1NCUNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-17, 23:28   #64
KL1NCUNT

KL1NCUNT is an unknown quantity at this point

Also Albier fantastic posts, both previews and reviews afterwards! really enjoyable content to read
KL1NCUNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-17, 10:51   #65
Hanannebra

Hanannebra is on a distinguished road
Default Eurovision 2017 9 11 13 May

I freaking knew it. Monaco didnīt make it to the finals and neither did Denmark.

While that sht from Serbia and Greece made it? This competition never cease to amaze me.
Hanannebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-17, 15:18   #66
egomax

egomax is on a distinguished road

http://www.abc.es/estilo/gente/abci-...4_noticia.html
egomax is offline   Reply With Quote