BWIN Pinnacle 888sport Bet365 10BET Gamebookers Betfair BET-AT-HOME Expekt 5Dimes CANBET

Go Back   Bettingadvice forum > Soccer >
Internationals/Friendlies

Internationals/Friendlies
Analysis and discussions (and predictions) for Internationals and friendly soccer games.

PINNACLE - accept very large stakes! Low juice!

Online Sports Betting at Pinnacle Sports
BET365: Simply the best bookie for livebetting! PINNACLE: BA's all time favourite bookmaker. Great odds!

Old 30-01-17, 18:45   #151
litost

litost is on a distinguished road

well did not watch any game this weekend but what looked going to a 0-0 scenario was rules by usual blatant mistakes ..how on earth u atlas kitties can receive in teh 88th minute of big stage u ferkers !!

morocco still learning i guess ...

ill stick to my 0-0 standar .... burkina seems tactically ok ... egypt still did not receive ...
cam-ghana ... why boder analising ... 0-0 ..

and in both cases back underdogs couse its a coin toss ..but odds do not impy it ..hence ...
litost is offline   Reply With Quote

PINNACLE SPORTS: One of the very best. New website!

Old 01-02-17, 16:31   #152
Dex

Dex is an unknown quantity at this point

Burkina Faso scored in all games when Egypt scored once in every game but didn't concede any goals at all ..... another 1:0 game for Egypt?
Don't think so but under 2,5 or btts are my thoughts here
Dex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-17, 22:45   #153
WiserthantheCrowd

WiserthantheCrowd is on a distinguished road

And Egypt go to the final. Egypt to win was one of my punts to begin with. But what an undeserving win and a bitter defeat for the Burkinabe goalkeeper who had far less work to do throughout this game.
WiserthantheCrowd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-17, 23:00   #154
WiserthantheCrowd

Even though Egypt, looked rather dull and uninspiring in the last 2 games, they will surely fancy their chances against Ghana with whom they have a favorable H2H record as of late. If they recover Elneny who was sorely missed in midfield they should stand a good chance of going all the way.
Old 02-02-17, 11:12   #155
litost

so u think ghana will make it to final 100% ?
Old 03-02-17, 20:13   #156
Le Tiel
Freshman

Le Tiel is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tiel View Post
Don't think Cameroon is overrated. They have a lot of decent-good players. Quality in every line and keeper who plays in Segunda, always big factor in these tournaments. The players who are left home wouldn't have any desire, so I think it's a good thing. I also think Broos is a good coach for these kind of teams.
Just to remind you guys.
Le Tiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-17, 15:35   #157
WiserthantheCrowd

Quote:
Originally Posted by litost View Post
so u think ghana will make it to final 100% ?
Sorry for the belated response. I think Egypt would have liked Ghana because they are in the same qualification group for the World Cup and also were in the same AFCON group. For Egypt they would have been a known and eminently beatable team. They also have a good record against Cameroon but that is not as recent. So for Egypt Cameroon is more of a wildcard.

Quote:
Don't think Cameroon is overrated. They have a lot of decent-good players. Quality in every line and keeper who plays in Segunda, always big factor in these tournaments. The players who are left home wouldn't have any desire, so I think it's a good thing. I also think Broos is a good coach for these kind of teams.
Yes, nice one!

Tonight Ghana will play Burkina for 3rd place and I am going with Burkina DNB and Burkina to get 3rd place at 2.3 for a high stake. My reasoning:

- Burkina was very unlucky to exit against Egypt and would have deserved to advance against Egypt (who were my pre-tournament favorites). For me they are the surprise team of the tournament. Ghana's exit on the other hand was in line with their game against Cameroon.
- Avram Grant is surely out of a job now. He has disappointed in World Cup qualifying and won't be returning to Ghana. So the team will enter a team of transition under a new coach. Things are in flux for Ghana. Grant never was very successful with Ghana and I really do wonder whether he will be able to motivate the team now. In contrast, I see Burkina being very motivated.
- Ghana does not have a good record in 3rd place playoffs at AFCON and I am expecting that trend to continue this year: They have lost 3 and only won one 3rd place playoff (the one they won was at home in Ghana). Burkina has only been in one 3rd place playoff (at home) which they lost in a penalty shootout.
- We may see goals in this match. Ghana should play more offensively which may leave them exposed at the back and Andre Ayew (Ghana) as well as Aristide Bance and Préjuce Nakoulma will undoubtedly try to score and become joint top goalscorers with Junior Kabananga (DR Congo).
- Burkina has had an additional day of rest which is an advantage although their match went into overtime. This match will be 48 hours after Ghana's last match and factoring in the travel time, Ghana have not had any time to train in-between. Apparently Grant wants to give some reserves the chance to play. On the other hand, this game will be played in Port Gentil (on a field which has been been likened to a potato pitch) which was the site of Ghana's group stage matches so that they will be very familiar with the venue.
- In summary, I see Burkina having a motivational and fitness edge in this game which could work to their advantage. Burkina's forwards, in particular, Aristide Bance and Prejuce Nakoulma will undoubtedly try to score and get the golden boot as will Andre Ayew. Burkina's defense has been surprisingly strong and based on their performance thus far (with Burkina not losing a single game in regular and having drawn against both finalists), I think the Burkinabe deserve 3rd place. I don't get why betting markets favor Ghana - it should be the other way round.

Last edited by WiserthantheCrowd; 04-02-17 at 17:21.
Old 05-02-17, 03:42   #158
WiserthantheCrowd

So the final is upon is. What to expect from this match? Both sides are very defensively-oriented. Cameroon played 0-0 against Gabon and Senegal while scoring late against Ghana. Egypt have only conceded 1 goal to date (against Burkina) and all of Egypt's victories came with a 1-0 scoreline...

The last few games didn't see full attendance in the stadium but the final should be packed and I would imagine that most fans will root for Cameroon. Both teams have played in this stadium (Cameroon played their group matches there while Egypt took on Burkina there). Egypt have had 1 more day of rest and Cameroon have had to travel...

Egypt have a great H2H record against Cameroon and have only lost 1 out of 8 AFCON finals. Cameroon have won 4 finals and lost 2 (both against Egypt). This game will be a big one for Egypt's trainer - Hector Cuper - who lost 3 finals to date namely Cup Winners Cup and CL finals with Real Mallorca and Valencia back in 1999 - 2001...

Winger Mahmoud Kahraba is suspended. Striker Ahmed Kouka is injured and will probably not play which means that Egypt would be without an all out striker since Marwan Mohsen also got injured against Morocco. However, Egypt may welcome back Arsenal midfielder Mohamed Elneny who would provide much needed spark in midfield and left-back Mohamed Abdel-Shafi.

My punts:

0-0 HT @ 2.2
0-0 FT @ 6
Cameroon to score most corners @ 2.2
Egypt to win AFCON

GL!
Old 05-02-17, 11:00   #159
litost

i am on egypt .....cindarella stories we all love ...but just like every subsaharian side ..cam will screw at the back ..they almost did vs ghana ... farahos growing along tournie ... would not be surprise if they win in style for a change
Old 05-02-17, 14:38   #160
egomax

egomax is on a distinguished road

My idea is that Egypt is more organised than Cameroon, which power is the athleticism, but against Ghana, they were been enough lucky to avoid to take at least a goal: all in all, Pharaos should gain the Cup with a victory with clean sheet, and i'm agree with 0-0 at HT.
egomax is offline   Reply With Quote