This site is for adults 18+ due to gambling/betting content. If you have a problem with gambling issues, or need information, please visit:
Gambling Help Online Gamblers Anonymous Gambling Therapy Gamble Aware Jugadores Anonimos JugarBIEN BeGambleAware GamCare

Go Back   Bettingadvice forum > Soccer >
UEFA Europa League

UEFA Europa League
Picks and analysis and discussions for UEFA Europa League games.

Bet on European football at:
BET365 Great live betting !!

Online Sports Betting at Pinnacle Sports
BET365: Simply the best bookie for livebetting! PINNACLE: BA's all time favourite bookmaker. Great odds!

Old 23-11-17, 00:34   #1
Daemon Caledor
Freshman

Daemon Caledor is on a distinguished road
Default Europa League 23/11

First up: Lokomotiv Moskva - FC Copenhagen 1: 1.95

What am I missing here? Number 1 in Russia against number 5 in the Danish league. They are playing at home and probably need a win to advance.

FCK are in the midst of their worst crisis since 1999. They are resting important winger Falk and useless striker Pavlovic (who still is a regular). Besides, they have several injured players as well.

Don't Lokomotiv care about Europa League? Are they resting a lot of players? If not, this seems like an almost certain home win. I watched the first match which was rather unevenful since both teams were happy with a draw. Copenhagen were perhaps the slightly better team on the night but a lot has happened since.

Well, any news from Russia would be appreciated.
Daemon Caledor is offline   Reply With Quote

PINNACLE SPORTS: One of the very best. New website!

Old 23-11-17, 05:03   #2
Bergenser
Freshman

Bergenser is an unknown quantity at this point

This is the press conference with the coach of Lokomotiv Moscow. Translated it on Google, and normally it's many strange words, but this was good:

Press conference of Yuri Semin before the game with "Copenhagen" in the fifth round of the group stage of the League of Europe.

- The match will be difficult. This game is important for both teams. We have a difficult period - played a lot of matches, the collections returned after long flights, the first part of the season is coming to an end, and just important matches are coming. Against "Copenhagen" will need character and strong-willed efforts.

- Is there a task to leave the group from the first place?

"The main task is to defeat Copenhagen." What will happen later, life will show.

- Is Farfan ready to play?

- Now we'll see him in training. He almost did not train after returning from the team. But this is a strong-willed person and a great professional. We hope for his help.

"In what condition is Ari and Corluk?"

- At the moment they can not help us on the field. Time has not yet come.

- There is a lot of talk around the match with "SKA-Khabarovsk". Do they influence preparation for Copenhagen?

- They should not influence anything. I already spoke about Khabarovsk. We need such conditions for players in which they can show their best qualities. These conditions should not be extreme, but normal. Of course, it's good to watch football from a warm box and say that you can play in minus 15. CSKA played, won, but two players got fractures. We just want normal conditions for playing football.

- The basis will fly to Khabarovsk?

- Who will be healthy, he will fly.
Bergenser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-17, 05:05   #3
Bergenser
Freshman

Bergenser is an unknown quantity at this point

Both this and my last reply is from the official homepage:

"Midfielder Lokomotiv Anton Miranchuk promises a spectacular game against Copenhagen in the fifth round of the group stage of the League of Europe.

- Entertainment program for fans before the match with "Copenhagen" will be in the theme of Andersen's fairy tales. What of his tales do you know?

"I think all the children know The Snow Queen." I remember my mother read his stories to us with his brother. They teach good, they always have a happy ending. It's good that the match will take place in a fabulous atmosphere.

- You go to the leaders of the championship of Russia on assists. How important is statistics for you?

- The main thing is for the team to win. Personal merits then.

- What do you expect from the match with "Copenhagen"?

- Give all the forces, play for the fans and try to win. Of course, the result is pre-emptive, but we will do everything that depends on us."
Bergenser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-17, 13:34   #4
ilunga mwepu

ilunga mwepu is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemon Caledor View Post
First up: Lokomotiv Moskva - FC Copenhagen 1: 1.95

What am I missing here? Number 1 in Russia against number 5 in the Danish league. They are playing at home and probably need a win to advance.

FCK are in the midst of their worst crisis since 1999. They are resting important winger Falk and useless striker Pavlovic (who still is a regular). Besides, they have several injured players as well.

Don't Lokomotiv care about Europa League? Are they resting a lot of players? If not, this seems like an almost certain home win. I watched the first match which was rather unevenful since both teams were happy with a draw. Copenhagen were perhaps the slightly better team on the night but a lot has happened since.

Well, any news from Russia would be appreciated.
Lokomotiv may be top but they are nowhere near the same class as Zenit, CSKA or Spartak. They're also primarily a counter-attacking team so don't really know what to do with the ball, as we saw in both games against Sheriff. Plenty of possession but just not dangerous. They played pretty conservatively against Anzhi, got the goal and shut up shop, which is what they're good at. So it's hard to say they should be any more than half ball favs, as bad as Copenhagen are. Though they could cover a bigger handicap with some individual class from the Miranchuks or Fernandes.
ilunga mwepu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-17, 14:02   #5
betking09
Freshman

betking09 is on a distinguished road

Atletic Bilbao - Hertha Berlin should be clear 1, odds already down from 1.85 to 1.60. Hertha is away one of the worst teams of the Bundesliga. In the Bundesliga they get 3 draws and 2 losts in 5 games and in the EL they lost in Ostersunds and in Ukraine. Not much to say to Bilbao and the home matches at San Mames. They get good results and today with a win they can get the 2nd place in the group. Also hc -1 is possible. I expect a score like 2-0 or 3-1.

And I like the 2.30 for Arsenal AW in Cologne. Ok Arsenal is already qualified for next round and of course Cazorla, Walcott and Giroud are out for this match and they'll give some young players a chance. But the opponent is with Cologne really poor. They got only 2 points in the Bundesliga in 12 matches, losing the last to games 0-3 to Hoffenheim and 0-1 to Mainz and Mainz played 20 minutes with 10 men. The focus is clearly on the Bundesliga and the fight against relegation. I think the 5-2 against BATE effects the odds too much. Belarus team is away awful. At home they are good, because they need the cold weather, the awful pitch conditions in Belarus.
I expect something like 0-2 for Arsenal.

Also Konyaspor - OM should be 2 for odds around 1.90-1.95. Konyaspor is not so good this season. Also in the Süper Lig they are on 15th place with only 12 goals scored and every other team in the league scored more goals. They only get 1 win in their last 5 games and that was 1-0 against last placed Osmanlispor. Against average teams they can get good results like 2-1 win against Guimareas (that game could also end 2-2, Guimareas missed a lot) but against a little bit stronger teams they get problems like the 0-2 against RB Salzburg. On the other side OM a team with ups and downs away but they have good player, a team with good individuals and a teams that can score. I expect here something like 0-2 or 1-2.

Some other matches shortly:
Ostersunds - Zorya 1 with 2.00
Ostersunds is at home a good team, they defeat Hertha with 1-0 and dont lost to Bilbao. Only disadvantage is that the swedish season is over and the last match they play was before 2 weeks. But today they can guaranteed the qualification for next round and in the last match 1 point in Berlin would be enough for 1st place.

Lazio - Vitesse should be HW hc -1. Lazio is in top form, even if they lost the Roma derby 2-1 but the rest was 9 wins out of 10 games. Vitesse nothing special, only 1 point in this group and teams from Holland always not so good in defence.
betking09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-17, 14:50   #6
Pep004
Freshman

Pep004 is on a distinguished road

Lyon vs Apollon; 21:00

Bruno Genesio will miss winger Cornet and midfielders Ferri and Grenier.
Guests are coming in Lyon without major absences.

Short preview: Lyon failed to win at home against Montpellier, but they were without their leader Fekir who is probably coming back to the lineup today. They are fighting with Atalanta for first place in the group and I see no problems for them against much weaker side. Apollon will try to count on their defensive strength but as they equalised in 93rd minute in first match I believe that Lyon will try come to match eager of goals. In case of draw against Atalanta in next round, goal difference will decide the winner and Lyon have proven that they are a goal machine this season so I expect them to explode today. Lyon -2 with odds above 2,00!
Pep004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-17, 14:50   #7
sc28

sc28 is on a distinguished road

AEK Athene - Rijeka

Rijeka is in very bad form and there will be no surprises. For me this is BANKER. HOME WIN @ 1,7
sc28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-17, 15:20   #8
Get Real!

Get Real! is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pep004
Apollon will try to count on their defensive strength...
Nope… Apollon will be going full attack tonight because they MUST win this match to have any chances of qualifying and they certainly haven't given up on it.

Now whether going full attack will turn out good or bad for them remains to be seen but they certainly can't afford to settle for a loss or a draw even!

I think we're gonna see a lot of goals here tonight because both teams will play wide open (Lyon at home will be confident while Apollon MUST win) and if I were to predict a score I'd say it'll be a 3-1 or 3-2.
Get Real! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-17, 18:49   #9
Miccho

Miccho is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Get Real! View Post
Nope… Apollon will be going full attack tonight because they MUST win this match to have any chances of qualifying and they certainly haven't given up on it.
The fact that they supposedly need to win, does NOT mean they will go "in full attack", especially when they play away from home and are considerably weaker. I bet Apollon will play defensive and compact, and will wait for some mistakes in Lyon defense. They won't "go in full attack", because if they do, they will easily be crushed by much superior Lyon.
Miccho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-17, 20:56   #10
Get Real!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miccho View Post
The fact that they supposedly need to win, does NOT mean they will go "in full attack", especially when they play away from home and are considerably weaker. I bet Apollon will play defensive and compact, and will wait for some mistakes in Lyon defense. They won't "go in full attack", because if they do, they will easily be crushed by much superior Lyon.
Exactly what I said happened… for the first 25 minutes it was all Apollon on the attack. They missed 4-5 good chances. Then I went to the toilet and by the time I came out it was 2-0!
Old 23-11-17, 21:02   #11
Pep004
Freshman

I have feeling that referee is loosing himself in this match.. (OL-Apollon)
Letting game to be way too aggressive, doing stupid little mistakes all the time,.. I just hope that there will be no more injuries..
Old 23-11-17, 21:07   #12
Get Real!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pep
I have feeling that referee is loosing himself in this match.. (OL-Apollon)
Letting game to be way too aggressive, doing stupid little mistakes all the time,.. I just hope that there will be no more injuries..
Also, Apollon made a clear handball and the ref ignored it; not that I agree with accidental handballs giving penalties, but those are the rules.
Old 23-11-17, 21:17   #13
Pep004
Freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Get Real! View Post
Also, Apollon made a clear handball and the ref ignored it; not that I agree with accidental handballs giving penalties, but those are the rules.
Agree.