This site is for adults 18+ due to gambling/betting content. If you have a problem with gambling issues, or need information, please visit:
Gambling Help Online Gamblers Anonymous Gambling Therapy Gamble Aware Jugadores Anonimos JugarBIEN BeGambleAware GamCare

Go Back   Bettingadvice forum > Soccer >
France/Holland/Belgium

France/Holland/Belgium
French Ligue 1 and Ligue 2. All Belgium soccer, all Holland soccer. Picks, analysis, etc.
Bet at:
BET365: great live betting!

Online Sports Betting at Pinnacle Sports
BET365: Simply the best bookie for livebetting! PINNACLE: BA's all time favourite bookmaker. Great odds!

Old 27-07-17, 10:47   #1
Breizhtois

Breizhtois is on a distinguished road
Default [France Ligue 2) Official thread

Bookies made a mistake.
Bastia will play in 3rd division and maybe more down due to financial problems and Paris FC will replace them in Ligue 2.
Paris FC isn't ready yet for this season because they have bought players to play in 3rd Division and in the last friendly they have lost 9-0 (!!!) against Auxerre
So, i still don't know the odds for this match but if bookies are stupid to put Paris FC favourites because they are hosts, i recommand to pick Clermont DNB.
If Clermont has the lowest odds, Clermont DNB in a combo material seems for me a good bet and why not Clermont to win if odds > 2,10-2,20.

About other matches, my main bet will be Lorient to win @ 1,70.
They played in Ligue 1 last season while US Quevilly promoted in L2.
They falled down after a dramatic play-off against Troyes where they were unable to score at home after a 1-2 loss away.
Lorient is for me the favourite to promote. They has kept players like Cabot, Marveaux and has bought players with experience and talent who know well this league (Lemoine, Courtet, Bouanga).
I really like the line-up expected and Mickael Landreau, their new coach, is a clever guy and is from Nantes where the football ideology is the same than in Lorient when Gourcuff was there.
About US Quevilly, they should fight in the relegation zone, brave team but with a shitty goalkeeper who played for my team last season (Brest), one more reason to trust in Lorient.

I don't like to bet on odds < 2,00 on Ligue 2 because every team can beat each other but Lorient is 2 levels above other teams and i expect them to march on the league.

Ligue 2 is one of the most unpredictable league of europe and it's hard to bet on, so small stakes for the moment, there are always plenty of traps in the first rounds.

If people want advices on other matches, let me know even i will probably recommand to stay away from most of these 1st day matches.
Breizhtois is offline   Reply With Quote

PINNACLE SPORTS: One of the very best. New website!

Old 27-07-17, 10:57   #2
Breizhtois

From my local newspaper :

Could be useful for the people who don't know well this league and want to know about the clubs.
It's in french but most of you should understand.
Old 28-07-17, 00:19   #3
Kearney1001
Freshman

Kearney1001 is on a distinguished road

Nice preview Breizhtois

Is it safe to say to stay away from the goal market for the first few rounds? i see most games on the opening day or even first few rounds for that matter end in unders?

Its a tough league to bet on when it comes to overs and unders.
Kearney1001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-17, 00:31   #4
Breizhtois

Thanks

Yes, definitely stay away of the O/U markets for this round.

Last season, only 9 goals were scored and 6 0-0

I could recommand to bet on unders based on these statistics but as you know it doesn't mean it will be the same **** next week-end.
Better to wait few weeks.

However Brest-Chateauroux could give few goals.
Brest (my team) is a team quite offensive especially at home and our best defender don't want to play anymore for us and could move to Nantes in Ligue 1 while our new goalkeeper is injured.
This should give an entertaining match if a goal is scored early.
Old 28-07-17, 01:22   #5
Yannick
Freshman

Yannick is on a distinguished road

My bookie have set these odds for Paris FC - Clermont game: 2.65 / 3.20 / 2.65
Shall we trust Clermont away from home?

Here are the two teams for this game according to foot-national.com

Source : Paris FC - Clermont : Le direct et les groupes

Paris FC : Demarconnay, Aupic, Sidibé, Bong, Yohou, Delaine, Bamba, Karamoko, Akichi, Mandouki, Kerrouche, Aabid, Ech-Chergui, Robail, Gbessi, Nomenjanahary, Etshimi, Tchokounte

Clermont : Bernardoni, Jeannin, Centonze, Fontaine, Gavory, Kavdanski, Laporte, Phojo, Espinosa, Iglesias, N'Diaye,, Pereira Lage, Perez, Ajorque, Doré, Dugimont, Honorat.
Yannick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-17, 01:43   #6
Breizhtois

Clermont is a random team but very inconsistent that's why i prefer to skip the straight win and take Clermont DNB @ 1,83 which is well paid.

I just checked out Clermont forum and the fans are quite optimistic for this new season and happy about the new players the club has bought.
They will play away tomorrow but the stadium will be, as usual when Paris FC is playing, almost empty. Around 1500 (2000 max) spectators expected while the capacity is 20.000 seats.
According to the last friendly as i wrote above (0-9) they seems not ready and have to manage with the fact they were ready to play in 3rd division until last week and now have to faith to a new challenge, maybe more difficult.

The odds for DNB are still juicy in my eyes, Clermont won't fight for the promotion and should stay around 10th-12nd place on the table, hard to trust them 100% for the moment.
Old 28-07-17, 03:58   #7
HenryLai

HenryLai is on a distinguished road

Nice preview Breizhtois, hope more activite in the new season
HenryLai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-17, 10:53   #8
Maple Leafs

Maple Leafs is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breizhtois View Post

Bookies made a mistake.
Bastia will play in 3rd division and maybe more down due to financial problems and Paris FC will replace them in Ligue 2.
Paris FC isn't ready yet for this season because they have bought players to play in 3rd Division and in the last friendly they have lost 9-0 (!!!) against Auxerre
So, i still don't know the odds for this match but if bookies are stupid to put Paris FC favourites because they are hosts, i recommand to pick Clermont DNB.
If Clermont has the lowest odds, Clermont DNB in a combo material seems for me a good bet and why not Clermont to win if odds > 2,10-2,20.

About other matches, my main bet will be Lorient to win @ 1,70.
They played in Ligue 1 last season while US Quevilly promoted in L2.
They falled down after a dramatic play-off against Troyes where they were unable to score at home after a 1-2 loss away.
Lorient is for me the favourite to promote. They has kept players like Cabot, Marveaux and has bought players with experience and talent who know well this league (Lemoine, Courtet, Bouanga).
I really like the line-up expected and Mickael Landreau, their new coach, is a clever guy and is from Nantes where the football ideology is the same than in Lorient when Gourcuff was there.
About US Quevilly, they should fight in the relegation zone, brave team but with a shitty goalkeeper who played for my team last season (Brest), one more reason to trust in Lorient.

I don't like to bet on odds < 2,00 on Ligue 2 because every team can beat each other but Lorient is 2 levels above other teams and i expect them to march on the league.

Ligue 2 is one of the most unpredictable league of europe and it's hard to bet on, so small stakes for the moment, there are always plenty of traps in the first rounds.

If people want advices on other matches, let me know even i will probably recommand to stay away from most of these 1st day matches.

You are right about Clermont. My main bet is a win tonight !

For PARIS FC :

(Hervé Lybohy, Julien Lopez and Saifeddine Alami-Bazza suspended). Doubful (Guillaume Khous) and sick (Kylian Lebon).

Below the friendly games :

Clermont - Le Puy 4-0
Clermont - Bourg en Bresse (Ligue 2) 0-0
Clermont - Montpellier (Ligue 1) : 2-0
Clermont - Béziers (National 1) : 1-1

Lorient and Lens are the main teams for the promotion.

This will be my pick for the POD, enjoy

Last edited by Maple Leafs; 28-07-17 at 11:13.
Maple Leafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-17, 17:35   #9
BCBS
Freshman

BCBS is an unknown quantity at this point

Does Clermont have good strikers/attackers?
BCBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-17, 17:36   #10
hansomreiste

hansomreiste is on a distinguished road

Glad to see a well-informed, dedicated tipster here; thanks a lot, Breizhtois!

I'm also very happy to see my boys from Chateauroux back in L2.
hansomreiste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-17, 18:05   #11
Breizhtois

De nada

Clermont strickers are quite good but not the best of the league.
However Dugimont is a nice one and as a fan of a team who will fight for the promotion i would like to see him joining us.
Old 28-07-17, 18:15   #12
BCBS
Freshman

BCBS is an unknown quantity at this point

Thnx!
BCBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-17, 19:38   #13
Dex

Dex is an unknown quantity at this point

Clermont -1 EH @ 5,5 in my local have huge value after this previevs
Dex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-17, 20:11   #14
Dulle Rocco

Dulle Rocco has a little shameless behaviour in the past

For me Le Havre has potential for thisround.I will put2
Dulle Rocco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-17, 22:13   #15
stribog
Freshman

stribog is an unknown quantity at this point

Breizhtois,tnx for the effort and previews,you did a really great job.I don't have a clue about French football,so your posts were very useful.

Took Clemont draw or away win @1,45 as combo material.

19 Goal Attempts 6
7 Shots on Goal 2

Saw match stats.It looks like Paris FC dominated match,but still sometimes statistics shows nothing.

Cheers,and keep up the good work.
stribog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-17, 22:27   #16
Breizhtois

Thanks mate.

You were right to do that, the odds were not bad and this league is so unpredictable so it's better to pick double chance or asian handicap/asian O/U because everything can happen.

I was in the stadium in Brest, and we lead 2-0 before to conceede 3 goals in 15 minutes, that shows well how things weird can happen

About Clermont, i just seen the stats and it seems they should be happy with the draw.

Hope Lorient will make the job tomorrow.
Old 28-07-17, 22:29   #17
Breizhtois

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breizhtois View Post
However Brest-Chateauroux could give few goals.
Brest (my team) is a team quite offensive especially at home and our best defender don't want to play anymore for us and could move to Nantes in Ligue 1 while our new goalkeeper is injured.
This should give an entertaining match if a goal is scored early.

Damn ...

And i took nothing.
Old 29-07-17, 16:47   #18
Breizhtois

Lorient - Quevilly Rouen : 1-1

Lorient missed so many chances, especially in 2nd half, and to face to a goalkeeper on fire.
Bad luck.
Old 04-08-17, 13:48   #19
Breizhtois

Only one match catched my eyes.

My team, Brest, is going in Corsica where it's always though to play at.

We have lost the first match 3-2 at home while we led 2-0 until the 75th minute....
AC Ajaccio grabed a promissing point in Niort.

The problem is we don't have a decent striker for the moment, then one of our central defender is injured for 2 months (shoulder) and there is a lack of confidence after the 1st match and the friendlies who weren't as good as expected.
There are a lot of new players and they'll need more time to adapt themselves to the team and the style of play that Furlan wants.

Taking a point in Corsica is always a good result and i don't see us coming back in Brittany with more, so the DNB is imo a good pick as i don't see Brest winning tonight.

AC Ajaccio v Brest : AC Ajaccio DNB @ 1,86
Old 04-08-17, 22:03   #20
Breizhtois

2-1, easy win for Ajaccio, Brest isn't ready yet and 0 motivation.
Old 11-08-17, 04:20   #21
Breizhtois

Very very hard to predict anything.

I recommand to stay away from all these matches, as odds suggests every games should be very tight and it's still too soon to have an idea about the best/the worst teams of this season.

However, i see Lorient HW but the match is next monday so i'll coming back next sunday or monday on this thread, nothing interesting before that (i have to fight against myself to not put money on Brest, Corsican teams are usually so weak away, but we're in big trouble right now).
Old 14-08-17, 14:35   #22
Breizhtois

Lorient -0,75 @ 1,88 for today.

There is a gap between this ex Ligue 1 team who has keep his main players and Chateauroux which is coming from 3rd Division.
Lorient is for me the best team of the league, they don't started very well the season with 2 draws but one was made in Ajaccio and it's very difficult to grab something from Corsica and it's a good draw.
Lorient has just to adapt themselves to Ligue 2 and play more physically and from what i have seen few days ago in league cup, this is going to the right direction.

About Chateauroux, i wouldn't say that they are weak, but they've nothing special and if they won away in Brest it's because Brest stopped playing at 2-0 in 2nd half. Before that, Chateauroux was pathetic and showed absolutely nothing (i was in the stadium).

Clear HW for me.
This Ligue 2 is full of surprises but i'll be surprised to see hosts not grabbing their first 3 points of the season.
Old 18-08-17, 13:02   #23
Breizhtois

AC Ajaccio @ 2

As every Corsican teams, they're strong at home where it's difficult to play when you travel there.
Corsican teams are playing on their island with proud and bravery even they're not the best teams of Ligue 1 or Ligue 2.
My team (Brest) played there 2 weeks ago and were outclassed by this Ajaccio team.
I'm very surprised by the start of the season of Paris FC but the joke is over now, this team is weak, coming from 3rd division and only knew few days before the start of the season that they were allowed to play, they don't have the players to make so many good results in a row, even less in Corsica.

This is the same thing for Gazelec Ajaccio @ 1,75, but the odds aren't very tasty.
Could be interesting to watch on live what's happen and backing Gazelec then.
Old 18-08-17, 13:14   #24
Breizhtois

My main bet of the week in Ligue 2 : Lens @ 2,20

On the paper, it looks that's a risky bet.
Indeed, this is one because of the last results of RC Lens but Brest is so in trouble right now. They don't have any striker for the moment (last match against Gazelec, maybe after 5 hours we wouldn't have scored), the 1st goalkeeper is injured and a young guy will play and there is a terrible lack of confidence due to the unbelievable scenario in the 1st match against Chateauroux.

On the other side, Lens is in big trouble now also, but they don't have such problems of injuries, and the chairman said this week that this match is already probably one of the most important match of the season.
The fans are very upset with this situation and the Coach but Lens has an incredible support with around 30.000 fans at every match and sometimes more.
It looks already like a win or die for RC Lens because a loss could bring a lot of problems like the coach sacked and few players like Bostock moving elsewhere.

This match between 2 of the favourites for the promotion will maybe be tight.
But after watching the last games of Brest, i can't imagine something else than a defeat, and something nasty unfortunately.
Old 19-08-17, 16:31   #25
inv

inv is on a distinguished road

lol Lens fans entered the pitch at 1-3. very hot atmosphere there.
inv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-17, 16:33   #26
Breizhtois

Nothing interesting to bet on this week-end, totally unpredictable and i didn't find any value.
The next round after the international should be more interesting.
Old 09-09-17, 05:45   #27
Breizhtois

Lens v Lorient

A match between 2 of the main favorites for the promotion.

Lorient is for me the best Ligue 2 team, a mix between decent Ligue 1 players and experienced Ligue 2 players, the best midfielder of the league (Cabot) and a very good goalkeeper (Petkovic).
Michael Landreau was an ex-international goalkeeper and had a very good career as a player and it seems he has the qualities to make a decent coach career too.
After a slow start, Lorient is now on fire with 3 wins in a row in Ligue 2 and a nice one against Reims which reach the promotion too.

Lens is in big trouble right now.
They sacked their coach few days ago and put the Lens Legend Eric Sikora on the bench.
5 losses in 5 games, it's totally unacceptable for this club which is the richest club of the league so far (take a look to the 1st post of the thread).
The fans don't have patience anymore, during last match at home they invaded the pitch after their team has conceeded a 3rd goal.
The main problem is this team missed the promotion at the last round and it's pretty difficult for them to bounce after this huge disapointement.
Now they're on pressure and they can't handle any pressure as their last season results are showing. They lost tons of points at home when they had to win against weakest teams.
And the same scenario happens again this season with 2 losses at home in 2 games.

Both teams meet in League Cup 2 weeks ago and Lorient won 3-2, Lorient leads 3-0 after 30 mn.
The situation hasn't changed since that match, Lens is still in big trouble and Lorient is playing with high confidence.

As usual, 25.000 to 30.000 fans are expected.
They should be more quiet than last time when they invaded the pitch because they wanted to see the coach sacked and it's happened. And they love Sikora so they should give him time.
But as i wrote before, this Lens team is unable to hold pressure and if they play badly (as they do since 1 month) or Lorient leads, it will be a new nightmare for them like it was against Brest (2-4).
Moreover, Cristian Lopez, their best striker, will not play.

Lorient is much more well balanced, has more quality players and is playing with full confidence, that's why i pick Lorient DNB @ 1,88.
It seems that bookies still believe in Lens, me not.

Last edited by Breizhtois; 09-09-17 at 05:48.
Old 11-09-17, 12:54   #28
InsideSport.info

InsideSport.info is on a distinguished road

Stade Reims vs. Stade Brestois 29 - Reims is coming after a friendly game win over Ligue 1 team Metz 1-2. They have kept quality of the team during the international break. Perfect home record with 2 wins and goal difference of 5:0. Reims is missing suspended defender Metanire(5/0) while defender Bouhours(0/0) is injured but a strong squad is available. Brestois won in friendly over low league Plabenec (2-1) after they were losing 0-1. Key midfielder Battoccio left the team to Maccabi Tel Aviv with some other influental players leaving as well. In addition they are missing some players for various reasons: defenders Weber(5/1), Chardonet(1/0), Henry(2/0), Diallo(0/0), midfielders Labidi(4/0), Corentin Jacob(0/0) and attacker Charbonnier(0/0). Reims-0,75 2,2 Pinnacle
InsideSport.info is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-17, 19:47   #29
Nikko

Nikko has a little shameless behaviour in the past

So Lens is somehow favorite in Valenciennes? Even if they are rock bottom, with 6 loses out of 6 games? Something fishy here obviously.
Nikko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-17, 20:25   #30
Breizhtois

This is a derby and both clubs aren't friends at all, Valenciennes is really an average team and Lens is better on the paper.
Lens lost against Lorient but it was for them the best match of the season so far, i won't be surprised if they make a good result tomorrow.