This site is for adults 18+ due to gambling/betting content. If you have a problem with gambling issues, or need information, please visit:
Gambling Help Online Gamblers Anonymous Gambling Therapy Gamble Aware Jugadores Anonimos JugarBIEN BeGambleAware GamCare

Go Back   Bettingadvice forum > Soccer >
Internationals/Friendlies

Internationals/Friendlies
Analysis and discussions (and predictions) for Internationals and friendly soccer games.

PINNACLE - accept very large stakes! Low juice!

Online Sports Betting at Pinnacle Sports
BET365: Simply the best bookie for livebetting! PINNACLE: BA's all time favourite bookmaker. Great odds!

Old 03-05-18, 14:43   #1
Macot
Super Moderator

Macot is on a distinguished road
Default WORLD CUP Group D

16 Jun 2018 1 X 2 B's
15:00 Argentina - Iceland 1.36 4.61 11.37
21:00 Croatia - Nigeria 1.89 3.45 4.52
21 Jun 2018 1 X 2 B's
20:00 Argentina - Croatia 1.83 3.55 4.65
22 Jun 2018 1 X 2 B's
17:00 Nigeria - Iceland 2.82 3.17 2.68
26 Jun 2018 1 X 2 B's
20:00 Iceland - Croatia 4.33 3.49 1.88
20:00 Nigeria - Argentina 6.99 4.17 1.51

Last edited by Macot; 03-05-18 at 14:46.
Macot is offline   Reply With Quote

PINNACLE SPORTS: One of the very best. New website!

Old 05-05-18, 12:11   #2
AGUERO

AGUERO has a little shameless behaviour in the past

odds are 2 good not to be taken - Iceland to pass the group stage.
Old 05-05-18, 17:40   #3
Macot
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGUERO View Post
odds are 2 good not to be taken - Iceland to pass the group stage.
I dont think they can surprise here, against Croatia they were always inferior, against Argentina who I expect will have a good tournament also no chance and Nigeria are also a better team in my opinion.
There is no England in the group so I don`t trust them to surprise again.
Old 13-05-18, 11:57   #4
AGUERO

Always inferior against Croats? Theye were in group together right? Iceland win one game

Sorry mate, i deeply respect your work here, and knowledge but i disagree with you about this high rating of Croatia .
Old 22-05-18, 13:47   #5
Miccho

Miccho is on a distinguished road

I think Macot means that their overall class and confidence is lower (which is true), and that the Croats will step up their game considerably at the big tournament. I don't know about the latter, but it is a fact they raised their game for the playoffs, when they demolished Greece (just few weeks ago they were pathetic against Finland).

But on the other hand, Croatia is an aging team. This might be a negative factor.

I think that actually Nigeria might be the the team to go through, together with Argentina here. They were so dominant in the qualifiers and they played in the worst possible group - with Algeria, Cameroun and Zambia. They had some very good results in friendlies. They are young and very fast team, but as usual, the typical African football mentality might be a hindrance for them. In any case, I believe Nigeria has more potential than Iceland.
Miccho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-18, 14:29   #6
egomax

egomax is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miccho View Post
I think Macot means that their overall class and confidence is lower (which is true), and that the Croats will step up their game considerably at the big tournament. I don't know about the latter, but it is a fact they raised their game for the playoffs, when they demolished Greece (just few weeks ago they were pathetic against Finland).

But on the other hand, Croatia is an aging team. This might be a negative factor.

I think that actually Nigeria might be the the team to go through, together with Argentina here. They were so dominant in the qualifiers and they played in the worst possible group - with Algeria, Cameroun and Zambia. They had some very good results in friendlies. They are young and very fast team, but as usual, the typical African football mentality might be a hindrance for them. In any case, I believe Nigeria has more potential than Iceland.
Absolutely and totally agree with you!!!! Obviously Argentina is the big favorite to win the group, but each other team is able to gain the second place (or the first??).
In this cases, I prefer to bet on high odds.
egomax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-18, 07:37   #7
latortuga

latortuga is on a distinguished road

Are we really that confident that Argentina can qualify from this group? They struggled mightily in their qualifiers and you can hardly say that it was down to injuries or chopping and changing coaches. I say this because I remember in 2002 Brazil had a horrible qualifying phase with injuries and coach changes but obviously ended up winning the whole thing that year. But this Argentina side hardly have anywhere near the quality of that team which was littered with stars all over the field, whereas this Argentina team just isn't what you expect to see from them. GK is average for me, defensively they are a shadow of the great Argentine teams of the past while in midfield it is similarly very mediocre. Of course they have Messi but I'm not sure sides like Nigeria, Croatia and Iceland are just ready to have their pants pulled down by 1 player like the Ecuadorians allowed him to do to get Argentina to this final. I can definitely see this being a struggle for them.

Macot, interested to hear why you think they will have a really good tournament.
latortuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-18, 15:00   #8
Macot
Super Moderator

Qualifications are forgotten.
The reason I have is pretty interesting: Sampaoli is a kind of manager that seems to gel well with Messi, Lionel managed two hat tricks in last 6 games for NT and I think this is his last chance to win something by Argentinian NT.

Argentina were clearly missmanaged during qualifications, Sampaoli did not bring so much change, but they won points when they needed to qualify. I think they will be able to show full potential on a tournament as WC now, because I am sure we agree that name by name they have one of the best teams overall. Especially in attacking department....
Old 31-05-18, 15:42   #9
WiserthantheCrowd

WiserthantheCrowd is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macot View Post
The reason I have is pretty interesting: Sampaoli is a kind of manager that seems to gel well with Messi, Lionel managed two hat tricks in last 6 games for NT and I think this is his last chance to win something by Argentinian NT.

Argentina were clearly missmanaged during qualifications, Sampaoli did not bring so much change, but they won points when they needed to qualify. I think they will be able to show full potential on a tournament as WC now, because I am sure we agree that name by name they have one of the best teams overall. Especially in attacking department....
Sure qualifications are forgotten... In qualifications Messi was front and center for Argentina and in the recent friendly I saw against a poor Haitian side that was still true... I really don't know what to expect from Argentina. In principle they seem very reliant/maybe too reliant on one man. I wouldn't put any money on them at this stage... They could go all the way back to the finals or crash and burn in the group stages - I'm not sure what to expect...
WiserthantheCrowd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-18, 17:50   #10
KL1NCUNT

KL1NCUNT is an unknown quantity at this point

As Miccho already said, we stepped our game up when it was needed but I still have small expectations here. I don't think we will make it out of this group, Iceland and Nigeria are super tough opponents for us and we will most likely crumble under pressure once again, like so many times before. Nothing new here, I will bet asian handicaps on Nigeria in first game and handicaps on us against Argentina. We always play good against super strong names and big teams but against like of Mexico, Nigeria, Iceland etc. we crumble when it matters most...

And as Miccho said, we have some old ass players and Modric and Rakitic rarely play well for our team like they do for their clubs in that system.

Put a gun at my head and if I had to pick, I would say we're not making it out of these groups although I will cheer for us ofc
KL1NCUNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-18, 19:12   #11
WiserthantheCrowd

This is another tough group to predict. Argentina, Croatia and Iceland have all looked underwhelming as of late and while Nigeria have some talented players, they're young and inexperienced and get progressively weaker as you move from front to back... I really could not make a call here that I would feel halfway confident about so I won't. Actually, I'd feel more comfortable playing roulette. :-)
Old 31-05-18, 22:27   #12
latortuga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macot View Post

Ok, thanks dude.
Old 31-05-18, 22:33   #13
WiserthantheCrowd

Quote:
Originally Posted by latortuga View Post
Ok, thanks dude.
I think it's a fair analysis. My 2 cents would be that whoever is training Argentina is effectively a co-trainer to Lionel Messi - he's got the age, the experience and he's opinionated... I am sure that if he thinks that someone should play in a certain position the team will be quite amenable to that suggestion and the trainer may find it difficult to resist that opinion... So having someone like Messi on board could be a blessing on the field but possibly also a curse off the field.
Old 02-06-18, 18:04   #14
sirac

sirac is on a distinguished road

Oh men, i think we should exclude Nigeria from a possible surprise. I know its just a friendly and prolly they didnt used the best team ( i see Iheanacho and Ndidi on bench) but they looked so disorganised, clueless what to do with the ball, dodgy at the back, crap at set-pieces, poor gk. Could have been easily 4-0 to England at HT, that bad they were but maybe is just a friendly...
Old 02-06-18, 18:18   #15
litost

litost is on a distinguished road

forget about subsaharians ... they had their chance at late 802 early 90s ...

present football is about little things so much like decision making ... automatisms ... understnad game ... bulk stats reflect what hapens at pitch ... no room for surprises ...

kaotic in many ways and absolutely uninterested subsaharians do not look like having a chance ...

further more sides like IC or Nigeria in the past were full of wc players ...right now i cant see so much quality ...

imo croatia and argentin shall cruise through this group unless iceland pull up another magic trick ...
Old 02-06-18, 23:47   #16
latortuga

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirac View Post
Oh men, i think we should exclude Nigeria from a possible surprise. I know its just a friendly and prolly they didnt used the best team ( i see Iheanacho and Ndidi on bench) but they looked so disorganised, clueless what to do with the ball, dodgy at the back, crap at set-pieces, poor gk. Could have been easily 4-0 to England at HT, that bad they were but maybe is just a friendly...
Really? You don't think they looked a lot better after the tactical change at HT to match England's wide wing backs? I thought this was an intelligent move by Nigeria's german coach and really brought Nigeria back into the game and nullified England. They got the goal back and maybe with a bit more invention they could have got an equaliser. I know Nigeria were a bit at sea in their backline but England for me looked a bit rubbish at the back and if Southgate thinks about playing a back 3 that includes Stones, Cahill and Walker well they won't be getting very far. I have no idea how Cahill get's in this team given he barely played for Chelsea this season and clearly past his best.

On Nigeria, they've never produced creative midfielders that can give the team some direction with their possession, it's not their style. Have you ever watched the African Nations cup? Teams like Nigeria play physical, defensive football, use possession for recovery unless they see chances to break quickly in transition. It's simple stuff and some times effective.
Old 03-06-18, 07:41   #17
sirac

What i wrote was done at HT. Maybe i jumped to conclusions bit early as indeed they looked a lot better at the start of second half but they faded after 20 min or so. So yea atitude was a problem in first half, they werent really in it, but still they were looking chaotic and their footballing IQ doesnt impress me at all, twice in the game they bumped into eachother heads, thats just poor comunication but it speaks about their organisation, or maybe they were just accidents altghough i doubt it. So yea i still have doubts about them making something at this WC. Backline was tragic and they are disorganised.
Old 03-06-18, 18:02   #18
Miccho

Miccho is on a distinguished road

Just watched England-Nigeria and Brazil-Croatia

Nigeria defense looks horrific. England should have scored 5 goals only in first half. Of course, it is a friendly, but if they don't improve, they will go out easily.

Croatia looked like a very solid team, they could have easily taken the lead vs Brazil.
Miccho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-18, 09:59   #19
whimp

whimp is on a distinguished road

whimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-18, 00:15   #20
sirac

Nigeria-Czech 0-1. Watched highlights and czech could have been easily scored more in first half. Terrible defending at set-pieces yet again, really poor for this level. I cant see how one can take seriously this team. Croatia to lead at HT is the bet, Nigeria cant defend ****! And again way better in second half, they should have equalized but very poor atitude, not their forte the friendlies, they can definitelly be better but still the defending is just so amateurish, that cant be corrected with atitude...

Last edited by sirac; 07-06-18 at 00:25.
sirac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-18, 17:23   #21
egomax

egomax is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirac View Post
Nigeria-Czech 0-1. Watched highlights and czech could have been easily scored more in first half. Terrible defending at set-pieces yet again, really poor for this level. I cant see how one can take seriously this team. Croatia to lead at HT is the bet, Nigeria cant defend ****! And again way better in second half, they should have equalized but very poor atitude, not their forte the friendlies, they can definitelly be better but still the defending is just so amateurish, that cant be corrected with atitude...
I've seen "live" the second time: well, Nigeria has had chances to score, but without a top-scorer, is difficult tu put the ball in the net...
All in all, probably Nigeria worst team of the group WC.
egomax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-18, 19:02   #22
uBu4k0
Freshman

uBu4k0 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by egomax View Post
I've seen "live" the second time: well, Nigeria has had chances to score, but without a top-scorer, is difficult tu put the ball in the net...
All in all, probably Nigeria worst team of the group WC.

I also watched the whole game and at one point I was starting to imagine that the Nigerians were pretending to be so poor , clumbsy , unorganized , no skill whatsoever and stuff. I am waiting unpatientienly their first game vs Croatia to see where the truth lies
uBu4k0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-18, 12:54   #23
MarianoV6

MarianoV6 is an unknown quantity at this point

Lanzini out for Argentina

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/44413629
MarianoV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-18, 18:00   #24
AGUERO

I agree with some people here that Argentina is not that good as they were on last W.C
Mister Miss - aka Rodrigo Palacio was only mistake of that team.
Defence was much stronger then this one . sTROng defence & Sabella + Messi .
First two are now missing .
But Its hard me to belive that 2002 scenario can happend again -
teams like Iceland and Nigera can not send Messi and company home.
One more thing - this is ( probably) last W.C for Messi .

Nigeria - Sirac and Litost told everything about them.
Iceland , Senegal and Peru are teams that could be positive suprises on this world cup

Croatia - " in the shadow of gold generation of 1998 "
Didnt pass group stage after that world cup

Group G Ecuador Croatia 1:0 (0:0, 1:0) details 13.06.2002
Group G Italy Croatia 1:2 (0:0, 1:2) details 08.06.2002
Group G Croatia Mexico 0:1 (0:0, 0:1) details

Group F Croatia Australia 2:2 (1:1, 1:1) details 22.06.2006
Group F Japan Croatia 0:0 (0:0, 0:0) details 18.06.2006
Group F Brazil Croatia 1:0 (1:0, 0:0)

Group A Croatia Mexico 1:3 (0:0, 1:3) details 23.06.2014
Group A Cameroon Croatia 0:4 (0:1, 0:3) details 19.06.2014
Group A Brazil Croatia 3:1 (1:1, 2:0) details

so many ups and downs , shown in qualification also .
Terror against Greece can not hide that if you ask me.
Old 12-06-18, 18:10   #25
litost

litost is on a distinguished road

fully agree about argentina ....

ive said it be4 here ...

10 yeasr ago they would not only have cracking atacking players but also die hard huge quality defenders ....

masche was their last one .... he was their best players last WC .... closed shop at midlle most games ... remember arg reached finals not overscoring rivals but keeping it tight ... edging ops .. messi & di maria of c helped in quest ...

but when u look at this argentina u wonder when things get rough .. two ways game if the unbalanced line up will not decide against them ...

fazio ...otamendi rojo .. mercado .. they are good but not at top of defenders list like back in time sof ayala .. berizzo .. or zannetti ...

also im not sure masche has legs & form like 4 years ago .....

still ... sports based on team effort other factors enter ... like buiding spirits and momentum ... some players may raise their game sky high playing for their country at given moments .. i guess ...
Old 16-06-18, 16:02   #26
latortuga

Quote:
Originally Posted by latortuga View Post
Are we really that confident that Argentina can qualify from this group? They struggled mightily in their qualifiers and you can hardly say that it was down to injuries or chopping and changing coaches. I say this because I remember in 2002 Brazil had a horrible qualifying phase with injuries and coach changes but obviously ended up winning the whole thing that year. But this Argentina side hardly have anywhere near the quality of that team which was littered with stars all over the field, whereas this Argentina team just isn't what you expect to see from them. GK is average for me, defensively they are a shadow of the great Argentine teams of the past while in midfield it is similarly very mediocre. Of course they have Messi but I'm not sure sides like Nigeria, Croatia and Iceland are just ready to have their pants pulled down by 1 player like the Ecuadorians allowed him to do to get Argentina to this final. I can definitely see this being a struggle for them.

Macot, interested to hear why you think they will have a really good tournament.
My concerns were realised.
Old 18-06-18, 10:03   #27
MarianoV6

Internal problems in Croatia?

https://en.as.com/en/2018/06/18/foot...07_041833.html
Old 18-06-18, 14:49   #28
Macot
Super Moderator

This is typical, some players think they are Gods and unmissable... retard Kalini***263;.
Old 18-06-18, 16:49   #29
MarianoV6

It's official, he has been send home
Old 21-06-18, 21:24   #30
AGUERO

Sampoli to finish in Russian gulag - odd 1,1***55357;***56833;***55357;***56834;