This site is for adults 18+ due to gambling/betting content. If you have a problem with gambling issues, or need information, please visit:
Gambling Help Online Gamblers Anonymous Gambling Therapy Gamble Aware Jugadores Anonimos JugarBIEN BeGambleAware GamCare

Go Back   Bettingadvice forum > Soccer >
Scandinavia

Scandinavia
Discuss Norwegian, Swedish, Danish, and Finnish, Icelandic, Faeroic, etc soccer here. Premier, 1.div and 2.div (and even lower, if bookies offer odds).
Bet on Scandinavian soccer at:
BET365: great live betting!

Online Sports Betting at Pinnacle Sports
BET365: Simply the best bookie for livebetting! PINNACLE: BA's all time favourite bookmaker. Great odds!

Old 16-08-18, 23:58   #1
RafaRoger

RafaRoger is on a distinguished road
Default Denmark Superligaen 5th round 17-20 Aug

I've had a look at Randers - Hobro on Sunday and I fancy a homewin @ 2.08 Jetbull (Pinnacle with @ 2.06 is also good!). Odds have already dropped some but I still like them.

Randers were unable to unlock the AGF defensive in the local derby game last week in a dull affair where neither side - AGF especially - wanted to take the big risk to go for the win so it ended as it started. It didn't help Randers' cause either that young promising attacker Emil Riis who came this summer after spending a couple years in England went out in the 2nd half with a minor injury. Randers have limited options on the bench at the moment especially offensively and are also on the search for some much needed reinforcements for that department. Riis should be fit for Hobro and actually fellow attacker Mikael Boman are also nearing a comeback after injury. Will boost their options. Solid defender Kasper Enghardt could be included in the squad after playing a half in a reserve game earlier in the week so teamnews should be rather favorable for Randers ahead of the weekend imo..

Hobro managed to finally win for the first time this season as they defeated bottomside OB 3-2 at home so will arrive with confidence. I think Hobro have a decent team, definitely Theres some good players in offense like Sabbi especially but their defense doesn't seem so sharp yet, regular defender Yaw Amankwah is an injury doubt and left back Jakob Tjørnelund is still injured so even though Randers isn't exactly an offensive power house I believe they could struggle defensively. Key attacker Pål Kirkevold and regular mid Danny Olsen looks to be possibly out too.

Randers coach Thomas Thomasberg was the former Hobro coach until the summer so he knows them well and I believe he could have the recipe to beat his former club. Randers will try to maintain the solid compact defense that has served them well so far in most games but they will go for the win Thomasberg clearly stated and he expects they will find a way to score. Looking at goals conceded for Hobro and their injuries I would tend to believe him. I'm aware that Hobro have some weapons to hurt Randers maybe too, but altogether I do find enough reasons to go for a well paid and imo quite likely home win. GL
RafaRoger is offline   Reply With Quote

PINNACLE SPORTS: One of the very best. New website!

Old 17-08-18, 13:00   #2
RafaRoger

I made a mistake, it's round 6, maybe a mod can fix it? Thanks
Old 17-08-18, 14:22   #3
mij0sim

mij0sim is an unknown quantity at this point

Rafa, opinions about Brondby? Watched them against Nordsjaelland, were very good. Yesterday had game against Spartak, playing almost whole match with 10 man.
Esbjerg seems, to me, weak at the back and Brondby should exploit that imo. Thinking to take Brondby to score 3 or more...
mij0sim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-18, 15:21   #4
Daemon Caledor
Freshman

Daemon Caledor is on a distinguished road

Agreed, there should be goals aplenty in Brøndby. Esbjerg have several doubtfuls in defence: Hagelskjær, Anyembe and Brinch.

Brøndby will be without Röcker who is suffering from a concussion. Arajuuri came off yesterday evening with an injury and is doubtful.

Perhaps the home team will have their minds on the upcoming Euro League qualifier. Their defence has been shaky so far and Esbjerg have some interesting attacking players. Van der Vaart is not yet fit to make his debut.

I think I will either go for BTS & 2.5+ goals (2.05) or Brøndby to win and 3.5+ goals (2.50).
Daemon Caledor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-18, 20:22   #5
RafaRoger

Yeah, it looks like some goals could be scored in Brøndby as you guys suggest with the quality Brøndby have but odds are too low for me. I will watch the game and might bet live. Attacker Ante Erceg is suspended for Brøndby btw.
Old 17-08-18, 21:40   #6
Daemon Caledor
Freshman

Daemon Caledor is on a distinguished road

AGF - FC Copenhagen, on the other hand, reeks of a tight, low-scoring affair, and I think odds 2.00 on under 2.5 goals is quite generous.
AGF's five matches this season has had a total of five goals in them.
Copenhagen, conversely, has gone over in 7 out of 11 matches in all competitions.
The huge difference in number of played matches is my main reason to go for unders. Several Copenhagen players are showing signs of tiredness and niggling injuries and they have the upcoming Euro League away trip against Atalanta to worry about. I suspect we will see some changes to the team which will increase the chances of an even match.

AGF will be happy with one point. FCK will be happy with a narrow win and could possibly settle for a single point.

Here are the latest matches between the two teams when they have played in Aarhus:

23 04/08/2007 AGF - FC København 0-1
24 03/11/2007 AGF - FC København 0-2
25 19/04/2009 AGF - FC København 1-0
26 28/03/2010 AGF - FC København 0-0
27 09/04/2012 AGF - FC København 0-0
28 04/11/2012 AGF - FC København 0-2
29 23/02/2014 AGF - FC København 1-1
32 11/12/2016 AGF - FC København 0-1
33 04/03/2018 AGF - FC København 0-1

Not a single over in the last nine meetings when AGF play at home.

Good luck!
Daemon Caledor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-18, 10:55   #7
Dex

Dex is an unknown quantity at this point

I really fancy Midtjylland on Sunday, OB is simply bad and 2-ish odds is a gift here
Dex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-18, 12:41   #8
RafaRoger

Vejle's strong attacker Imed Louati could be out against FCN, but even so I fancy vejle to get on the score sheet. They have scored in all of their games so far, brazilian attacker Allan Sousa is a handful for most defenders and overall Vejle have a pretty decent team, should cause FCN some problems. FCN are out of europe now after losing to Partizan, they will rotate again and especially offensively with Godsway Donyoh and Jonathan Amon back Theres plenty options so should be able to score too no doubt. Jetbull offers both teams to score @ 1.71 and imo it's very good value. GL