This site is for adults 18+ due to gambling/betting content. If you have a problem with gambling issues, or need information, please visit:
Gambling Help Online Gamblers Anonymous Gambling Therapy Gamble Aware Jugadores Anonimos JugarBIEN BeGambleAware GamCare

Go Back   Bettingadvice forum > Soccer >
North/Central/South America

North/Central/South America
Copa Libertadores, Argentina, Brazil, Peru, Chile, US, Mexico, etc.
Bet on South American leagues at:
PINNACLE - accept very large stakes! Low juice!

Online Sports Betting at Pinnacle Sports
BET365: Simply the best bookie for livebetting! PINNACLE: BA's all time favourite bookmaker. Great odds!

Old 25-10-17, 22:19   #1
Prija
Super Moderator

Prija is on a distinguished road
Default MLS Playoffs

Vancouver -0.5 1.83

San Jose Quakes qualified for playoffs scoring a winner in 90+2 at home vs lowly Minnesota and morale couldn't be any higher. They fought tooth and nail late in the season and deserved their spot in the post season even though many doubted them. In fact, there are talks even now, that they don't really belong in this company with negative -21 goal difference, second worst ever for a playoff team. The thing is they did quite ok at home in their Avaya stadium, while they often had off days away losing big and ruining their GD.

Tonight playing in electric BC Place is not really perfect for a bad away team, but Quakes will give everything they have, after all, they got a point in this stadium (1-1) two weeks ago already. Exactly that draw is one of the reasons Vancouver lost one of the first two spots and need to play in elimination round. While Caps had their ups and downs as well, they played some great football this season and they belong among West elite without a doubt. Both got all starters ready, but Caps are level above here imho, and with home field advantage getting bigger in playoffs, I believe they will manage to see past feisty Quakes.

PINNACLE SPORTS: One of the very best. New website!

Old 26-10-17, 13:11   #2
Prija
Super Moderator

Atlanta -0.75 1.93

Inaugural MLS season was fantastic for Atlanta United by all accounts, and if they manage to build on that in playoffs they will maybe even become their no.1 sports team. Atlanta is not among the cities well known for sports, so many were skeptical when Arthur Blank announced they will join MLS, but how wrong were they! Not only almost every game was sold out whole season, but Atlanta set a new MLS attendance record of 71+k people, one that could very well be shattered again tonight. Simply, Atlanta Utd is as hot as it gets right now. All that support they deserved on the field, they have an electric team, that needed a bit of time to gel in the beginning of the season, but now when it matters they look as good as anyone in the league.

Some might say it's a pity two such good teams meet so early in the playoffs. Columbus is going confident into this game, undefeated in last 10 matches and they are playing very nice football. However, there's been some turmoil around the team that can hurt them as couple of days ago it was announced the team may move to Austin (Texas) in '19 and needless to say fans are livid as one of the most iconic MLS teams is likely to leave their town. The other thing is Atlanta is not the team they wanted to play as their styles of play don't match up well for the Crew. Cbus is a team with most goals conceded from Eastern playoff teams, and Atlanta's powerful attack tends to pick apart such teams, after all they beat them twice in regular season (3-1, 2-0). They sometimes struggle vs tough physical teams that can play high press well, while Columbus possession based style football is the opposite of that and I am afraid they will have their hands full against Atlanta's four horsemen (Almiron, Martinez, Villalba, Assad). I would expect Columbus to get on the scoresheet as well especially if questionable Parkhurst and Garza don't make it for the hosts, but in the end Atlanta's attack should be too much to handle for the visitors.
Old 26-10-17, 13:12   #3
Carovie

Carovie is on a distinguished road

great bet yesterday with Vancouver and very easy, thanks Prija
Carovie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-17, 17:18   #4
hashishmaster

hashishmaster is on a distinguished road

What happened to Chicago? 0-4 at home is tough defeat...
hashishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-17, 23:47   #5
Prija
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hashishmaster View Post
What happened to Chicago? 0-4 at home is tough defeat...
They conceded two early goals and got on the wrong foot, while New York RB are a very good and experienced team. Also Schweini started on the bench and De Leuw injury was big, he is also one of their leaders. It just happens sometimes, when everything goes wrong for one team.
Old 28-10-17, 11:19   #6
Miccho

Miccho is on a distinguished road

Few thoughts on upcoming games. I would really like to hear Prija's opinion, as well.

1. Columbus - NYC

Columbus played fantastic game in Atlanta, but should be exhausted from the 120 minutes. And midweek games are a BIG FACTOR in this league, one of the most important.

Despite Columbus fantastic home form, NYC is a better team for certain, and they are also one of the best away teams in the league. Their strong defense and good counters make them particulalry suitable for away football.

City will miss important CB Chanot, but he has been absent for several months already.

I feel odds on home team are too low, I'd personally price these two much closer.

New York City Double Chance @ 1.85

2. NYRB - Toronto

Again similar reasoning. NYRB had a midweek game, while Toronto rested. Toronto is by far the best team in this league and I feel they should NOT be UNDERDOG against anyone and at any venue in this league.

NYRB beat Chicago with a big margin, but this was mainly a bad day for the home team (as Prija explained). 2 quick goals and then the whole game complexion changed. The latter 2 goals came in when Chicago took all the big risks.

Toronto DNB @ 2.10

3. Vancouver - Seattle

I feel odds on "Under" are too high. I would always consider "Under" when Seattle is involved, especially away from home in a derby game. And this one is a first leg of a direct elimination, so both teams should be extra cautious.

I'd be surprised if we see more than 1-2 goals here.

Under 2.5 @ 2.1
Miccho is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-17, 21:28   #7
Prija
Super Moderator

Houston -0.25 1.96

1st leg of Western semis.

Houston passed the first round by beating Kansas after overtime (1-0) in a physical battle, as it usually is when Kc is involved, and Alberth Elis was ready to net on a nice Vicente Sanchez cross who came in late and had a very good role. While first games of 2 leg affairs tend to be more cagey, I don't expect this one to that way at all. Simply both of these teams are great home teams and Cabrera knows he need to win at home in order to progress as hell awaits them in Portland on weekend. Thus, I don't see them going out with more muscles in midfield like vs KC, but to go out with big guns from the start, Cubo Torres in attack and possibly both Elis and Quioto in support with veteran Sanchez playing last 30 mins. Houston will miss right back De La Garza who is out for season and center back Leonardo, so Anibaba and veteran Senderos (ex-Arsenal) are expected to fill in.

Portland is coming into the Western playoffs as no.1 seed after great second part of the season, and dominating at home same as Houston, but with getting a bit more points away than their opponents made the difference along with having MVP candidate Valeri in brilliant form. They are still likely missing ther best striker Adi who is doubtful to play, and while Mattocks did well in his absence, they will need their classy Nigerian back if they want to lift some silverware in December. In regular season Portland won 4-2 at home while it ended 2-2 in Texas, I expect an open game again, but I believe Houston will manage to edge it this time pushed by their electric attack and playoff crowd.
Old 30-10-17, 21:33   #8
Prija
Super Moderator

Miccho, great pick on Seattle under, there was literally zero scoring chances in that game. As for TFC pick, not sure I agree with you, while Toronto may be the best team in MLS history, they broke the record in numbers of points collected in regular season, that's mostly because they have incredible deep bench who stepped up every time they needed it and never really lost a step, but how much better are their starters than rest of the league? Not by much I say, while they remain favourites, it's very tough to win in NY, Red Bulls kept their core and coach for years, even new guys came either from their great academy or from Red Bull system (Royer). Therefore, not really a surprise they eliminated Chicago away, they are quality team and TFC will have their hands full in this matchup.
Old 30-10-17, 22:20   #9
Carovie

Carovie is on a distinguished road

thanks for your comments and picks Prija
Carovie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-17, 13:20   #10
Miccho

Lol, NYC got dismantled by Columbus. I didn't give enough respect to Columbus fantastic form obviously.

Well, this is the MLS aura. Crew are not even among top 5 teams in MLS, but they are hitting the absolute best form in the right moment (like the form of Chicago in the first months). I wouldn't be surprised if they repeat what Portland did 2 seasons ago, when they hit some hot form for playoffs and surprisingly won.
Old 01-11-17, 14:41   #11
Prija
Super Moderator

Crew is on fire right now, but also red card to Callens (well deserved for idiotic elbow to face of Meram) changed the game completely. Atmosphere in the stadium was electric with all the news about the Crew relocating to Texas, so it probably sparked the players even more. I agree the run of Columbus looks promising, we'll see if they can keep it up.
Old 01-11-17, 20:37   #12
litost

litost is on a distinguished road

watching last night last 20 mins ..comentators kept saying city wasted a number of chances and reversed tie could end with freak result like 5-2 or 4-3 ....
Old 02-11-17, 21:57   #13
Miccho

Sounders - Whitecaps Under 2.5 @ 2.0

Same reasoning like in the first leg. A score of 0:0 should make the game even more cautious.

Of course, there is risk that some early goal might open it up, but the point is I disagree again with pricing goals like this in this matchup. This can easily be very tight game.
Old 02-11-17, 23:28   #14
Prija
Super Moderator

It does makes sense. Just keep in mind Dempsey is back from suspension for Seattle and he should give them a serious boost in attack. As for Caps situation, their most talented attacking midfielders Reyna (arguably their best player as well) and Techera are carrying knocks and surprisingly played only late in the second half of the first leg. Robinson said they were not fit and they were unlikely to start also today, but with everything on the line tonight I wouldn't take his word for granted.
Old 03-11-17, 21:20   #15
KL1NCUNT

KL1NCUNT is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Prija for this information about Dempsey and Seattle, I took -1.5 live and won because of you!

Cheers bro
KL1NCUNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-17, 22:00   #16
Prija
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KL1NCUNT View Post
Thanks Prija for this information about Dempsey and Seattle, I took -1.5 live and won because of you!

Cheers bro
Dempsey's class is the main reason you won, not me, but thanks for kind words. Another excellent read by Miccho! Well done, the match was very cagey, two quality moves of Seattle superstar is what was necessary to break the deadlock.
Old 05-11-17, 18:52   #17
KL1NCUNT

Prija, Miccho? What are your opinions for tonight bros?
Old 05-11-17, 19:23   #18
Miccho

Quote:
Prija, Miccho? What are your opinions for tonight bros?
Goals are obvious choice in NYC -Columbus, especially with key central defender Chanot suspended for home team, Columbus great form (which will make sure they score at least once) and NYC need to score at least 3. But odds dropped to 1.30, so no interest pre game.

I believe Toronto should win this one, but don't like these odds and want to see live what approach NYRB will take. Will they open up from the beginning or not? I think if they open up, Toronto will kill them on the break, but maybe their coach is also aware of this. But I'd still be very careful, as Toronto dont need to win. So, in order to take them, I need to see a very offensive minded NYRB, playing direct and fast football, and leaving spaces for Toronto.
Old 05-11-17, 19:57   #19
Prija
Super Moderator

Agree Nyc v Crew should be goals galore, City has to score big, Crew very good on counter, should be good for live betting.

Tfc beat Red Bulls thanks to Giovinco and his classy free kick. It was a good game, should be again, Tfc have a nice advantage, I dont expect NY to open up much to start, but both should score, also could good for live in second half.

Portland has 6-7 guys questionable, so hard to make any estimations before seeing line ups. Only Chara is out with serious injury and he is their glue guy, lets see who else from main guys make it.
Old 21-11-17, 23:19   #20
Prija
Super Moderator

Crew -0.5 2.11

Eastern Conference Finals, 1st leg.

Is Columbus team of destiny this year? They entered the playoffs as one of the hottest teams in the league and they keep eliminating higher seeds one by one. After beating offensive juggernaut Atlanta in first round (on penalties), they dominated the first leg with NYC (4-1), and managed to be in control for most of the second leg, which got a bit hairy in the end, but they still held off City (0-2) and reached the finals. It was their first defeat in two months, but they don't care, they are full of confidence now, Mapfre stadium is sold out tonight (despite the team probably relocating in '19) and it's gonna be very hot in Ohio tonight.

TFC broke regular season record for number of points in a season, but it won't matter much of they don't manage to couple that with MLS cup in December. They eliminated the other New York team after a bit of drama as well, they won away from home (2-1) and then while losing 0-1 at halftime of second leg US national team players Altidore and Kljestan instigated a fight of both teams in the hallway, and both were ejected. TFC managed to hold on, but it may cost them dearly as now Jozy Altidore is suspended for this game, while their other superstar Giovinco got a yellow card as well in a chippy game, so both are out in one of their most important games of the season. Luckily, TFC has a deep team, so Ricketts will start in attack, while attacking midfielder Victor Vasquez may move upfront as well.

Should be a great one tonight, but TFC is missing their main difference makers, while Crew is red hot, with everyone available and full stadium behind them should be able to edge Canadians in the first leg.
Old 22-11-17, 14:13   #21
KL1NCUNT

Great preview, Prija.

I'm following this pick
GL to us all!
Old 22-11-17, 17:09   #22
Prija
Super Moderator

Quote:
Great preview, Prija.

I'm following this pick
GL to us all!
Luckily, you saw it too late, it was played last night and finished 0-0. TFC parked the bus Mourinho style and Crew struggled to break through. A bit surprised best team in MLS regular season history showed zero ambitions to score.

In the other game Seattle cruised to 2-0 win away and all but won the conference. Anibaba's red card in the first half made a big difference, but also Cabrera outsmarting himself helped Seattle too. He changed his team again, started with more careful 11, leaving Torres and Quioto on the bench, so no surprise they blanked in the end. Nevertheless, they had a great season, and Western finals are a success for them.
Old 22-11-17, 17:38   #23
KL1NCUNT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prija View Post
Luckily, you saw it too late, it was played last night and finished 0-0. TFC parked the bus Mourinho style and Crew struggled to break through. A bit surprised best team in MLS regular season history showed zero ambitions to score.

In the other game Seattle cruised to 2-0 win away and all but won the conference. Anibaba's red card in the first half made a big difference, but also Cabrera outsmarting himself helped Seattle too. He changed his team again, started with more careful 11, leaving Torres and Quioto on the bench, so no surprise they blanked in the end. Nevertheless, they had a great season, and Western finals are a success for them.
Holy crap I am a blind mug

did not even check the scores, was waiting for midnight to pass to see the schedule for the night

still was a great preview with rich info, regardless of the score
Old 29-11-17, 22:46   #24
litost

Toronto looks rightly favourite with giovinco and altidore back after suspension ...

anyone to put me off reds to win rather convingcinly vs a side that faulters away despite atltanta fluke ... same final as last season set .. is it !?
Old 29-11-17, 23:13   #25
Prija
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by litost View Post
Toronto looks rightly favourite with giovinco and altidore back after suspension ...

anyone to put me off reds to win rather convingcinly vs a side that faulters away despite atltanta fluke ... same final as last season set .. is it !?
Those two deserve it the most, but..in MLS playoffs anything goes. Defensive midfielder Arthur is suspended for the Crew, and he's been stellar lately, Abu will have big shoes to fill. In 1st leg Toronto barely had a shot on goal, soaking up the pressure and waiting for this one, BMO Field will rock and Atom Ant and Jozy are well rested and ready to roll. I would still never back them at this price, Crew managed to oust two best teams in the East (league), and it's not a fluke by any means. We should see a good one here as it's not Crew style to sit back and defend, and I am pretty confident Crew will score here, so goals live should be a very good option.
Old 29-11-17, 23:21   #26
litost

cheers for answer !

overs better than TFC -1 u mean ...

i did not watch much MLS lately ... but did watch them vs villa & pirlo side ... they looked quite dodgy defending .... liek first leg .. do not know how they did manage to keep atllanta at bay ...
but its MLS ... normaly u can expect anoter stale mate in most leagues but at this one .... hard not to see goals ... ill go for both shoots then i guess !
Old 09-12-17, 18:31   #27
Prija
Super Moderator

Seattle +0.75 1.85

It all comes down to this, MLS Cup game where winner takes it all takes place in Toronto tonight. TFC made MLS regular season records this year and they well deserve to host the big game and have a chance for redemption against the team who stole the trophy from them last season. Same teams met also last season battling for the championship and Seattle took it home after defending for most of the game and their keeper Frei being an absolute hero. However, now things seem a bit different as Sounders made a great playoff a bit surprisingly, this year they returned even stronger and had an emphatic run so far not conceding a goal in their four playoff games. They took it easy early in the season, but then put their foot on the gas in the second part of the season/playoffs and never looked back. While Toronto looked great all season with all their depth, they struggled a bit in playoffs, they had a lot of problems with both NYRB and especially Columbus.

As for team news TFC is complete, while Seattle will miss legendary Cuban Osvaldo Alonso who skipped most games from September.

The way I see it Seattle has a slightly better team and are in better form, but TFC has a home field advantage and additional motivation/pressure to avenge last year loss. It should be a close one and with these odds I just have to go with Seattle.