This site is for adults 18+ due to gambling/betting content. If you have a problem with gambling issues, or need information, please visit:
Gambling Help Online Gamblers Anonymous Gambling Therapy Gamble Aware Jugadores Anonimos JugarBIEN BeGambleAware GamCare

Go Back   Bettingadvice forum > ChitChat and Competitions > Contests/Competitions

Contests/Competitions Forum contests and other competitions run by BA or other websites. Join and win!!
PINNACLE - accept very large stakes! Low juice!

Online Sports Betting at Pinnacle Sports
BET365: Simply the best bookie for livebetting! PINNACLE: BA's all time favourite bookmaker. Great odds!

Old 15-01-18, 23:29   #1
szmato
Freshman

szmato is on a distinguished road
Default POD 16/01/2018

Thanks to our sponsor Terje Grefstad

MAXIMUM ODDS=2.80

Last edited by Macot; 16-01-18 at 23:02.
szmato is offline   Reply With Quote

PINNACLE SPORTS: One of the very best. New website!

Old 15-01-18, 23:51   #2
szmato
Freshman

szmato is on a distinguished road

Tennis, AusOpen ATP
Zverev vs. Chung
Pick: Zverev
Odds: 3,50 at bet365
----------------------------
Here I go nice odds on german player Zverev to win. I dont understand why this guy is so underrated. Odds should be more balanced. Never mind, its worth of try. In favour of Zverev says current rank and its 35th spot in ATP ladder. Zverev had not good form in the end of previous year when he lost almost all tournaments in its beginning and also on australian tournaments he lost really quickly. Despite of this I think Zverev can beat Chung also like a revange of the clash in Paris with easy Chung,s win. Korean player did really well in 2017 step by step moving to better ranks in the ladder with trophey of Next gen finals in Milano. I dont expect Chung will hold this form and "luck" on australian open, thatswhy I go Zverev, who is motivated to break his loosing chain right now in grandslam. It will be hard match.
Wrong thread, this pick should be in 15th thread as the match was played at 7:45 on 16th. Please check the rules.

Last edited by Macot; 16-01-18 at 19:11.
szmato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-18, 01:19   #3
sirac

sirac is on a distinguished road

Pick # 7 (2-1-3...-13)
England-FA Cup
Sheff Wed-Carlisle

Pick: Sheff Wed -1,5
Odds: 2.6
Bookie: Interwetten

Repplay fixture after dull 0-0 in Carlisle. Sheff Wed struggled to create in that game but were dominant looking imposing physically as they wasted some headers to bring it home. They shall be dominant here as well as Carlisle looks poor to me. Things are starting to change for the Owls after Carvahal departure. Now Jos Luhukay stepped in and the dictator already stole a point in a Steel derby playing decent altogether but not creating much. Creativity is an issue for Wed as their injury list is quite big, they had only 16 proffesional players vs Sheff Utd and they wont get back any soon and cpt Loovens saw red card in the derby so their situation is not really great considering also their poor form.
But i trust they should turn the tide and they should be up for this, fielding a strong side and making the most out of their home field advantage. Basically counting on difference of quality here as i dont see Carlisle capable of offering something here, they were really poor in 1st game.
2-0 pick won

Last edited by Macot; 16-01-18 at 23:00.
sirac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-18, 10:41   #4
Mindozas

Mindozas is an unknown quantity at this point

Pick#7 4w/2v +627

Football, UAE Presidents Cup

Emirates - Al Wahda

Pick: over3.5
Odds: 2.30
Bookie: Unibet

It's a knock-out stage, only one game on neutral venue will decide the winner. That could look like a bit of obstacle to expect offensive football, but actually, it's really hard to expect Al Wahda to play cautious or defensive. It's just not their style. They possess one of the best attacking lines in country and they are tryin' to take advantage of it in every single game. Their star striker Tagliabue continues to show enormous form, he once again put his name on the scoresheet in previous AGL game, Hungarian Dzudzsak is also in decent shape recently. Overall team demonstrates great attacking football as of late, scoring bunch of goals, winning 5 games in a row and all this no matter if they keeps conceding in most of occasions. Indeed, defensivelly they tends to relax, lose concentration, afterall they simply doesn't have the same class of players to the ones in offense. So even not the most offensivelly gifted rivals usually nets a goal or couple against Wahda. The same Emirates in two mutual meetings this season, managed to score in both (1:4 and 2:4), moreover in latest one, they scored both goals bein' one man down and at the end managed to miss a penalty too. That's pretty much sums up the way Al Wahda plays. So even if Emirates might be not the most dangerous opposition, they surely will have reasonable hopes atleast to score. Especially since their key striker Saez finally started to score again.
All in all, I can see another overish and entertaining game with Al Wahda involved. GL
1-1 pick lost

Last edited by Macot; 16-01-18 at 19:12.
Mindozas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-18, 11:42   #5
Wtrylika

Wtrylika is on a distinguished road

2-0-2, +33

Sparta Rotterdam - Vitesse
Over 3.5
Odds 3.40 at Unibet

Sparta Rotterdam have suffered some big losses before the winter break in Holland and have dropped to the bottom of the Eredivisie table. They were playing terrible in defence in the latest matches. Sparta Rotterdam have allowed 4 goals against Groningen, 7 against Feyenoord, 3 against Heracles. In total this season they have conceded 37 in 17 matches played so I expect Vitesse to score more than once against such a weak defence. Vitesse are 8th in the league and have 30 goals scored in total. In the latest match on the road they scored against league leaders PSV and made eleven shots includign six on target in that game.
Still Sparta Rotterdam should have chances in the upcoming game also. They have played well in the latest friendly against Kaiserlautern and managed to win with the score 3-1. Vitesse allowed 5 goals in their latest 3 league matches played. This season they are often conceding in the matches on the road. I wait for goals from both sides here and choose to bet on OVER.
0-1 Pick lost!

Last edited by Macot; 16-01-18 at 21:45.
Wtrylika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-18, 12:30   #6
Nesquik

Nesquik is on a distinguished road

POD #10
So far 6/2/1
+530

Club Friendly 2018
Austria Vienna - FAC Wien Over 4,5 goals @ 2,75 Expekt

this match between the Austrians from the capital Vienna should be a goal fest. they previously played in the 2009/2010 season of the Austrian Cup and it ended 6-0 for Austria Vienna. in 2015 it was 5-1 also for the more known side. combined with the first friendly of 2018 for Austria, 6-2, I can say they can score about 4 goals today and conceed about 1 surely. so over 4.5 is highly possible. the last 9 games of Austria Vienna were over 2.5, and notice too that they scored a lot of goals in many. they simply love this kind of opponents. Floridsdorfer on the other hand last 1-7 their last friendly against the nobodies from Rotherdam of England..
1-1 pick lost

Last edited by Macot; 16-01-18 at 19:13.
Nesquik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-18, 13:18   #7
HenryLai

HenryLai is on a distinguished road

Pick # 3
1-0-1 +4
Club friendly
Seleccion AFE VS Yanbian FC
Seleccion AFE -1 @1.72 bet365 5/10
Yanbian FC became nothing after relegation, big sponsor gone, team lack of money. Now only 1 foreigner stay in the team, some big names transferd out.
Don't know much about Seleccion AFE, it is a spanish team as media said. I think they can win easy anyway.
Yanbian lost all 5 friendly matches last year, without scored and conceded 21 goals. This year they are in worse situation.
0-1 pick lost

Last edited by Macot; 16-01-18 at 19:14.
HenryLai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-18, 13:40   #8
matze73
Freshman

matze73 is on a distinguished road

1-0-1 -1

Ligue 2, France

Reims - Tours
Pick: Reims -1,5 AH
odd:2.35
Bookie: Pinnacle

Stade Reims will against Tours FC on match France League 2. My prediction this match would be won for Stade Reims due to on last 5 maqtch in the home Stade Reims have record 4 match is won and 1 match is draw. Meanwhile, Tour FC on last 5 match in away they have record 5 match is lose. Moreover, in 4 match lose Tours FC have defeat margin moinimal 2 goal. Surely, this game will be easy for Stade Reims to defeat Tours FC due to Stade Reims will play this match in the home. Besides that Stade Reims have rank1 in France League 2.
Tours without a lot of Important Players today
My call 3:0
1-0 pick lost

Last edited by Macot; 16-01-18 at 23:01.
matze73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-18, 13:45   #9
tosheto
Freshman

tosheto is on a distinguished road

Pick 8 (2-0-5) -270
Wadi Degla - El Masry
Pick: Over 2.5
Odds: 2.40
Bookmaker: Unibet

Bad month so far but this is part of the game. Again I will search for surprise, because over betting in Egypt sounsd not as the smartest thing to do. Egypt league is generall underish, fact which give us very good odds for overs. The only problem is to find the correct teams to bet on. Wadi Degla and El Masry are exactly these times IMO and I will tell you why. Both teams are one of the most overish in the league - each of them have 9 overs from 17 games. Wadi Degla are in dangeour zone at this moment with only 15 points and they have the worst defense - 29 goals conceded. El Masry are fighting for top 3 places and have the 4th best attack with 29 goals but they are still hesitant in defense - 21 goals conceded. H2H is speakin for big big under - 3 overs from last 13 matches, but I want to risk and I think odds are very good for 3 goals here.
0-0 pick lost

Last edited by Macot; 16-01-18 at 19:14.
tosheto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-18, 15:47   #10
gamblerbg

gamblerbg is on a distinguished road

Pick 4

Istanbulspor AS - Fenerbahce

1(+0.5 AH) @ 2.2
Unibet

Football game from Turkey Cup - Istanbulspor AS at home play with Fenerbahce. The team on Fenerbahce is with 2:0 win at the first leg and the chances for the clash today to see as winner the team on the hosts is a good for me. The road team is a team with better selection, but sure today the motivation is not on the top levels and the team can be with some reserves also. The team on hosts with good results at home in 2nd liga on Turkey. The games in these cups often ends with ties. Good luck!!!
0-1 pick lost!

Last edited by Macot; 16-01-18 at 21:31.
gamblerbg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-18, 15:47   #11
iv5den45
Freshman

iv5den45 is on a distinguished road

#5 1-0-3 -135

Tennis. CHALLENGER MEN - SINGLES: Koblenz (Germany), hard (indoor) - 1/16-finals
Arnaboldi A. - Cecchinato M.
Over 22,5 1,93@Pinnacle

Both played each other against twice on hard indoors for Italian Team Championship 4-5 years ago but both games were over: 7-6, 4-6, 7-5 and 6-7, 6-7.
I hope for another strong performance from both players.
31 points, pick won!

Last edited by Macot; 16-01-18 at 21:32.
iv5den45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-18, 17:30   #12
dajkula

dajkula is on a distinguished road

Pick # 4 2-0-1 +235

Stjarnan vs Akranes
pick: over 3.5 @ 2.37 pinnacle

Stjarnan hosts Akranes in round 2 match of the Icelandic Fotbolti.net cup. The match is played at a neutral venue in Kópavogur at the Kórinn hall. It is played on synthetic pitch of course so at least we can be sure about the weather.
I do expect some goals in this match as the teams have great history together but also there is a league difference shifting this tie in favor of Stjarnan. It is though still a friendly and Akranes was known to surprise the huge favorites.
Stjarnan finished second in the league last season with 12 points behind Valur. They averaged about 3.2 goals per game and almost half of their games finished over 3.5 goals. They always have a strong presence in the air and have excellent set pieces. This is with what Akranes usually had problems with.
Akranes unfortunately finished last in the first division last season and got relegated to 1.Deild. They had a decent 3 seasons in the top flight though didn`t manage to go past 7`th place. Last season they struggled ofensively and scored only 28 goals. They however had the second worst defense which often let them down. They were equaly bad at home and away so now will again have to endure a couple of seasons in the lower league and try to promote. Their average was 3.1 goals per game last season and half of their games finished over 3.5.
Stjarnan won the first Fotbolti.net cup match with 1:0 over Breidablik while Akranes won over IBV with 3:1. So Akranes already surprised against the tier higher team.
As I said there is great history between the two and with lots of goals: 2:2, 2:2, 6:2(cup), 3:1, 4:2, 1:6(cup, Akranes win), 1:1, 0:1, 2:0, 3:2(cup).
I must say I will be surprised if we don`t see goals in this one.
2-0 pick lost

Last edited by Macot; 16-01-18 at 23:01.
dajkula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-18, 18:26   #13

555 is on a distinguished road

Pick #2 +92

West Ham- Shrewsbury
choice: 1(-0.75 AH), 1.76 in Pinnacle

We have here a big gap imho.
West Ham play in Premier League and are doing well in last weeks with new coach, very experienced D. Moyes (he led MU, Everton, Sociedad).
West Ham did not loose last 5 games and scored 10 goals in those games inc. 0:0 draw vs Shrewsbury in first FA Cup game.
Shrewsbury are doing also very good in last weeks (1 defeat in last 10 matches) and in a whole season (2nd place )but the problem is that this team is playing in League One and they are certainly more interested in promation than in reaching next round of english cup.
Moreover, West Ham treated first game quite seriusly and i expect the same today.
West Ham have a really good roster with Chicarito on the bench...
West Ham won 4:1 with Huddersfield in last weekend (on the road!) and they should use the momentum from that game.
It should be an easy home win imho.
0-0 pick lost

555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-18, 19:43   #14
KL1NCUNT

KL1NCUNT is an unknown quantity at this point

Pick #10
4/1/4 (4 won 1 void 4 lost) +129

Leicester - Fleetwood Town, Leicester -1.5 AH@1.90 bet365

First game finished 0:0 but Leicester played without two of their best players by far, Jamie Vardy and Ryad Mahrez. Also Leicester had even more subs from their usual heavy hitters squad in first game. Fleetwood won 2 games and score 5 goals in last two games after playing Leicester, they know that if they want to pass through next stage of FA Cup they can't go for 0:0 again like they did at home because Leicester will have strong squad on the pitch tonight and they should score with ease. So best chance and only chance for Fleetwood is to try and score back, I think they can score at least once. Leicester will play more offensively this is not Chelsea and they also must score goals in regular time, so attacking football is expected here and I think final score of 3:1. Over is a great value here, also Leicester -1.5 @ 1.90 bet365, GL all!
2-0 pick won

KL1NCUNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-18, 03:41   #15
Quill

Quill is on a distinguished road

Pick 1

Australian Open
Nadal vs Mayer

Nadal dispatched Estrella in the first round with 3 bread sticks, showing great form, complete domination of his opponent and no signs of injuries.

In their 4 previous encounters, Mayer won only one set, and that was last year on the courts of US Open, which are slower than in Melbourne, giving Mayer more opportunities.

That won't happen on the fast courts here, and based on the way he played two days ago, I can see another short day at the office for Nadal.

Bet: Under 27.5 games @2.13 Pinnacle
32 games, pick lost!

Last edited by Macot; 17-01-18 at 17:19.
Quill is offline   Reply With Quote