This site is for adults 18+ due to gambling/betting content. If you have a problem with gambling issues, or need information, please visit:
Gambling Help Online Gamblers Anonymous Gambling Therapy Gamble Aware Jugadores Anonimos JugarBIEN BeGambleAware GamCare

Go Back   Bettingadvice forum > ChitChat and Competitions > Contests/Competitions

Contests/Competitions Forum contests and other competitions run by BA or other websites. Join and win!!
PINNACLE - accept very large stakes! Low juice!

Online Sports Betting at Pinnacle Sports
BET365: Simply the best bookie for livebetting! PINNACLE: BA's all time favourite bookmaker. Great odds!

Old 14-06-18, 17:54   #1
Macot
Super Moderator

Macot is on a distinguished road
Default **WC POD 15/06/2018**

Here are main rules, you will find others here:

http://forum.bettingadvice.com/showthread.php?t=110009

Price booty will be a bit higher than for regular POD, 1st place will be awarded with 150 EUR, second place with 100 EUR and third place will bring 50 EUR!

Here are the rules:

The Competition

The competition has the purpose to gather the best bets of a certain day of WC 2018. It's for fun, but the competition can also be a good place for tipsters to find picks quicker than browsing all pages. You can place your Pick of the day and score points if it satisfies the conditions that are stated below. The competition lasts one month and in that period, a contestant must give exactly 8 picks. YOU CAN ENTER THE COMPETITION UNTIL IT IS POSSIBLE TO PICK EIGHT POD-s. It means, entering competition after only 7 days of the WC left, is not possible. Every missing pick till 8 at the end of the month will be punished with -100 points per missing pick.
You must be a registered user of this forum to participate. You must have a unique IP address, not more than one competitor can use the same address.
Odds must be between 1.50 and 3.50 and only odds taken from these 3 bookmakers are allowed:

Bet365
Pinnacle
SBOBet

You must write arguments for your pick or at least give a link to a prediction on BA main page, written by yourself.
About the conditions

You can only give one pick per day. Your pick must be different to all other placed picks, but you can back another team/player in the same game as someone else has taken. For your pick to count, it must be posted at least 1 hour before the event starts.

You cannot back the same team/player as someone else even if you take a different bet type (for example handicap bet, different game total etc.). But this rule applies only for quarterfinals/semifinals/finals of the WC!!! In the group phase of WC and in 1/8 finals you can take picks that were already taken by other users!!!

You can take these bet types (but only inside allowed odds from 1,50 to 3,50!):

-Asian handicap bets (final or HT)
-European handicap bets (final or HT)
-Over/Under bets (Game total) (final or HT)
-Home/Draw/Away bets (final or HT)
-Double Chance (1X,12,X2)
-Both teams to score (Yes/No)
-Half time/Full time
-Player to score (anytime scorer, first scorer)
-Number of corners (final or HT)
-Number of cards
-First team to score (Yes/No)
-Second team to score (Yes/No)
-number of goals scored team 1/team 2

You must write the correct bookie and correct odds in the time of your posting.

Scoring

A pick that was wrong will cost you 100 points. When you've made a correct pick, and it satisfied the conditions, you will gain 100 (Odds-1) points. For example, a successful pick @ 1.85 will give you 85 points. This is the net profit if you had staked 100 units. Asian Handicaps will be calculated accoringly to the net profit. It is not allowed to pick odds below 1,50 and above 3,50.
The contestant that scores the highest number of points with 8 picks, will win the monthly competition. In case he fails to give 8 picks, 100p-for every missing pick- will be deducted from his score.
To win Special WC POD you MUST make 8 bets ! Hopefully we will have time to update the standings everyday, but there may be some delays from time to time.

Good luck to all!!!!!

PINNACLE SPORTS: One of the very best. New website!

Old 14-06-18, 18:51   #2
WiserthantheCrowd

WiserthantheCrowd is on a distinguished road

Pick #1
Morocco vs. Iran
Pick Morocco with Pinnacle at 2.3

I've already posted it elsewhere but I am hugely impressed with Morocco who I think are currently the best side in Africa and will best Portugal for a qualification spot in group B. This team has gone 18 matches without losing and they didn't concede a goal in qualifying in a group including Ivory Coast. I believe the will be the surprise team of the WC and they're now going to play Iran. Iran may be one of the strongest sides in Asia and they only conceded 2 goals in qualifying but currently Asian football is in a bit of a trough and I'm not expecting any of the Asian teams at the WC to win a match in their group. Of course, Iran are no mugs, they're not easy to break down and they have some good attacking options upfront with Azmoun and Jahanbaksh. Nonetheless, Morocco have a significantly better defense and MF and I believe that will win them the battle. I see a low-scoring victory for Morocco and will go for the win here.
0-1 Pick lost!

Last edited by Macot; 15-06-18 at 19:49.
WiserthantheCrowd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-18, 21:20   #3
RaikoN
Freshman

RaikoN is on a distinguished road

Pick 1
Morocco vs Iran
Pick Over 2.5
Bookmaker Pinnacle
Odds 2.82

Not much to say here cause everything to obvious.Both teams just can't afford to draw here cause they have in their Group Spain with Portugal.So this teams by winning this matchup can give them better odds for next round but if they will draw, let's be honest this will be game over for both.So I'm hoping to see more openly game from them and will try three goals total cause to me looks worth a shot by this situation.GL
0-1 Pick lost!

Last edited by Macot; 15-06-18 at 19:49.
RaikoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-18, 22:02   #4
Nesquik

Nesquik is on a distinguished road

Pick #1
Morocco - Iran
Morocc to win @ 2.30 at Pinnacle

Morocco has a superior squad to Iran and played beautifully in the qualifications. It's one of my favourite teams to be the dark horse in Russia, although the group is hard enough. For me, the Moroccans are the best in Africa now, a bit over Nigeria and Senegal, because they have some great players and are playing like a team. I can name a few, captain Benatia from Juventus, Belhanda of Galatasaray, Harit (Schalke) and don't forget wanted Ziyech who is playing in Amsterdam. They do well under French Renard. I can't exclude the win of Iran, but most of their players play internally whilst those pillars from abroad are playing for some clubs in second tier championships. So Morocco has the edge of a team with enough top players that doesn't lack chemistry at all and isn't underperforming. Iran lost to Turkey and Tunisia which now are modest teams, worse than Russia for instance. Morocco didn't lose for about 20 matches or something like that and are doing absolutely great. Normally 3-1, take also handicap! But DNB is for ok money. Morocco is more valuable as squad and in better shape.
0-1 Pick lost!

Last edited by Macot; 15-06-18 at 19:50.
Nesquik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-18, 23:54   #5
pranav
Freshman

pranav is on a distinguished road

Pick #1
Egypt vs Uruguay

Pick: Uruguay to win
Odds: 1.61
Bookie: Pinnacle

Egypt face a tough test against an experienced Uruguay side in their opening game of the 2018 World Cup. Egypt is back at the World Cup for the first time since 1990. Even if Mohamed Salah is at his best, it is going to be hard for Egypt to get out of this group. Uruguay on the other hand, have lots of big-game experience. Uruguay could be a potential dark horse for this year's tournament. This should be a comfortable win for Uruguay.
0-1 pick won

Last edited by Macot; 15-06-18 at 16:48.
pranav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-18, 06:23   #6
spkutano

spkutano is an unknown quantity at this point

Pick No. 1 (0W 0V 0L)

Egypt vs Uruguay

Pick: Uruguay
Odds: 1.61
Bookmaker: Pinnacle

There are two key reasons for my pick. The first is connect with the quality factor. I simply think Uruguay are better and more experienced team. They have a rich history in the World Cup. Uruguay are the first winners of the trophy in 1930 (at home soil) and also won the tournament 20 years later in Brazil. The actual Uruguay have two top players in the national team - Barcelona striker Luis Suarez and his partner in attack Edinson Cavani from PSG. Suarez has been playing with Cavani for a long period and the duo have formed a deadly partnership up front.

The second reason for my pick is Mohamed Salah. Egypt's undisputed star faces a race against time to be fit for this match after picking up a shoulder injury playing for Liverpool in the UEFA Champions League final on 26 May. According to the last news Salah will start the match, however it is clear he isn't 100 percent ready. This is a huge handicap for Egypt. They are not the same team without Mo Salah. Considering these facts, I expect Uruguay to win this match.
0-1 pick won

Last edited by Macot; 15-06-18 at 16:48.
spkutano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-18, 10:12   #7
ali van basten
Freshman

ali van basten is on a distinguished road

Pick #1
Morocco vs Iran

Pick:Under 2
Odds:1.72
Bookmaker: Pinnacle

Iran will be one of the most regular teams with Queiroz
They are very close-packed, and there's also a young team and runner who, if they want to play defenses, they will be very difficult to open, and they are very good in counter-attack.
Throw the goalkeeper's hands to look for a counterattack.
0-1 Pick won!

ali van basten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-18, 10:57   #8
al-gor

al-gor is an unknown quantity at this point

Pick 1

Portugal - Spain

X @ 3.29
Pinnacle

Football, WC2018. The best teams in this Group on the opener for them on this championship. The chances for the draw here is a good for me i belive more on this looking on the situation. The both cant be with problems against Iran and Morocco to win. So one point today is a good for their future success as winners on first two places and the next phase advantage. The team on Spain with some problems around the staff because the sacking Lopetegui, but this cant affect too much the players ambitions overall. Portugal we all know how they reached the final at last EC - all games was with draws at the regular time.

Good luck,
AL
3-3 pick won

Last edited by Macot; 15-06-18 at 22:12.
al-gor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-18, 11:46   #9
gamblerbg

gamblerbg is on a distinguished road

Pick 1 / 0
Morocco - Iran
X @ 3.03
Pinnacle

Football game from World Cup 2018 in Russia between the teams on Morocco and Iran. Easy can be calling these two teams the outsiders in their group. How can be a different in the company with teams of the class on Portugal and Spain. Today is the battle for 3rd place, but once loss here the team loss the game finished with 0 points almost on 100% so the both can be happy on one point of this clash. We can't expecting too much of these two mostly oriented defensive teams. Even expecting goalless draw today. Maybe one of the borring games on these finals is this one between Morocco and Iran. Good luck!!!!
0-1 Pick lost!

gamblerbg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-18, 14:58   #10
KL1NCUNT

KL1NCUNT is an unknown quantity at this point

Pick 1
Morocco vs Iran

Over 2.5 @ 3.10 bet365

I already have X for this game but after watching Uruguay and Egypt I changed my mind. I think that both Morocco and Iran will try and win this game and therefore over makes sense. Another reason is that I believe odds shouldn't be this high and they are overrated. Under was not expected in 1st game of the day but it did occur, now I think that another expected bet will go the other way and in this game where people are expecting Morocco and Iran to play low scoring game I will go for over. I agree with others in POD about over 2.5. As I already said, I have X for pregame but I changed my mind now, Morocco have the slight edge and when they score we could see Iran opening up. They saw what happened to Egypt and with defending for 90 minutes and then conceding in last minutes.
0-1 Pick lost!

KL1NCUNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-18, 16:41   #11
Louis

Louis has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Pick #1
[0 0 0 (+0)]

Portugal - Spain

Pick: DRAW
Odds: 3.33
Bookie: Pinnacle Sports

I agree with AL.

Well, this group has two main favorites for going further, and they will both be satisfied with draw today. Spain and Portugal has quality and motivation to be at the top of the group, they will not push so hard in their mutual match, they can play relaxed draw because other two teams Morocco and Iran are not match for them. No one want to lose in opening match, and they both will be very careful. In mathematics for 1/8 final they will play against Uruguay / Russia / Egypt / S. Arabia... so, first place in this group is not so important.

Easy draw match today. High stakes for me.

Good luck, CHEERS
3-3 pick won

Last edited by Macot; 15-06-18 at 22:13.
Louis is offline   Reply With Quote