This site is for adults 18+ due to gambling/betting content. If you have a problem with gambling issues, or need information, please visit:
Gambling Help Online Gamblers Anonymous Gambling Therapy Gamble Aware Jugadores Anonimos JugarBIEN BeGambleAware GamCare

Go Back   Bettingadvice forum > ChitChat and Competitions > Contests/Competitions

Contests/Competitions Forum contests and other competitions run by BA or other websites. Join and win!!
PINNACLE - accept very large stakes! Low juice!

Online Sports Betting at Pinnacle Sports
BET365: Simply the best bookie for livebetting! PINNACLE: BA's all time favourite bookmaker. Great odds!

Old 09-06-18, 06:57   #1
WiserthantheCrowd

WiserthantheCrowd is on a distinguished road
Default POD June/July 9.6.

Thanks to our sponsor Terje Grefstad

*RULES FOR JUNE/JULY*

Odds must be between 1.75 and 2.25 and only odds taken from these 3 bookmakers are allowed:

Bet365
Pinnacle
SBOBet

You can only take these bet types :

-Asian handicap bets
-Over/Under bets (Game total) !

For other details check the thread POD 2018 NEW RULES!

Prizes as usual:
1st place - 110 EUR
2nd place - 60 EUR
3rd place - 30 EUR

You can check odds for your picks here:
http://www.oddsportal.com/

Don`t forget you need to post 15 picks in order to win June/July POD!

Good luck!!!!

PINNACLE SPORTS: One of the very best. New website!

Old 09-06-18, 07:09   #2
WiserthantheCrowd

WiserthantheCrowd is on a distinguished road

Pick#2 0-0-1 -100
Bolivia vs. Serbia
Pick Serbia AH(-1.5) @ 2.25 with Pinnacle

The match will take place in Innsbruck/ Austria which is the same venue where Bolivia drew 0-0 with South Korea on Wednesday... I presume there won't be many spectators, those that do show up will be more inclined to support Serbia (there is a Serbian diaspora in Austria)... Bolivia did not look very convincing in their last outing to the US and the match against Korea. In both matches they did not appear in front of goal and came anywhere close to scoring - an experiential and inexperienced US squad beat them 3-0. They drew 0-0 against South Korea with a bit of luck and some poor finishing on the part of the Koreans. Now they're coming up against a much better team compared to the South Koreans... I am expecting the Serb NT to beat them by a similar scoreline as the USA recently in their dress rehearsal for the WC... There is a big gap in quality between these 2 sides. To begin with the Bolivians did not bring all of their best players because The Strongest and Wilstermann went to a 3rd deciding match for the Championship. But even if they were at full strength, there'd still be a wide gap... I just can't see Bolivia finding the net and they'll be on the backfoot from the get go. Serbia should score a few goals today if they take the match halfway seriously and there is no reason to believe that they won't.
5-1 pick won

Last edited by Macot; 13-06-18 at 16:43.
WiserthantheCrowd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-18, 10:01   #3
dajkula

dajkula is on a distinguished road

Pick # 4 1-0-2 -90
Albirex vs Home United
pick: over 3.5 @ 1,90 bet365

Albirex Niigata welcomes Home United in round 12 of the Singaporean S league. Albirex is the overwhelming leader of the league with all 11 wins so far, 33 points and a fantastic 36:7 gd. Home United is third with 14 points but they have played 2 games less. The bitter thruth for Home is that they are very much out of the tittle race this early in the season and they only got second place to fight for. At least they got decent form with only 1 loss from the last 6 matches and 3 wins. They are conceding a hell of a lot though - 11 goals in the last 6 matches. The players probably still have ringing in their ears from the 6:1 loss against Albirex at home just 2 months ago. They will be up for a response but against Niigata they are regulary second best. Home last won against Albirex in 2017 and it was their second win in 18 matches.
Albirex is unstopable and are flying high in the league. Who can stop their run?. Maybe Tampines on a very good day. The young Japanese have found no match this season and they may best themselves and their 20-2-2 from the season before. There is not much you can say against Albirex. Their defense is rock solid and at home excellent with only 1 goal conceded. The offense is brilliant with Hoshino netting 12, Morinaga 7 and the excellent midfielder Murofushi 5 goals. Albirex really upped their game recenty and are scoring 4-5 goals a game. In their last 2 home matches they beaten Balestier and DPMM with 5:0.
The home side will miss in this match the defender Kumagai(3-0) and attacker Swandi(8-2).
Home will be without the defender Jantan(5-0), midfieder Ayob(3-0) and defender Camara(7-2).
Home United averages a staggering 5.11 goals per game this season and just one had less than 4 goals scored. Albirex averages 3.9 goas per game and a bit more than half went over the 3.5 goal line.
Over 3.5 goals seems reasonable.
3-0 pick lost

Last edited by Macot; 13-06-18 at 16:43.
dajkula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-18, 10:12   #4
vividaniel

vividaniel is on a distinguished road
Default pick 1

Tennis WTA French Open

Halep S vs Stephens S

pick Halep -1,5 Sets AH

odd 2,04 Pinnacle

This is most probable the first and the last pick on tennis for me for POD.I don*t have such a great knowledge on tennis but for me this is a very clear thing.I watch all the games of Halep at this tournament and the last 2 games of Stephens against Kasatkina and Keys.I think we can*t speak here about who are the better player because this is so obvious.Halep is right now at least one level above Stephens that is for sure.Halep is not only the best player on clay but also the best player overall like the table show as.She is for the 3-th time in the final here and this is anyway a great performance.She lost last year,surprising,with Ostapenko but it*s a big difference between Halep from last year and the current Halep and anyway Ostapenko is better than Stephens at least on clay.I see some statistics that favor Stephens,points won with the first serve,poits won with the second serve and so far but I don*t think are relevant because it*s about different opponents.Anyway if Halep will play 70% than what she played against Muguruza,not metter what Stephens will play,it will be an easy win for Simona Halep the number one player in the old like the WTa table show.
2-1 pick lost

Last edited by Macot; 13-06-18 at 16:44.
vividaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-18, 11:04   #5
Mindozas

Mindozas is an unknown quantity at this point

Pick#2 +0 1v

Football friendly

France - USA

Pick: over3.25
Odds: 2.19
Bookie: Pinnacle

Game will be played in France and it's like farewell game for the French side before heading to Russia. Usually in such game France demolishes their rivals, with more or less the same generation, it was the same vs Scotland (3:0 and it should've been more) in 2016, the same vs Jamaica (8:0) in 2014 and I wouldn't be surprised to see another such outcome. Anyway odds are very low and hc are quite high, so I prefer to go with goals. First of all, cause I don't really trust this France defensively. I think this can be main obstacle to win the title this year. They are prone to mistakes and especially in friendlies at times they losses simple concentration. They might concede basically against anyone and this USA, even with quite young and inexperienced squad isn't that bad in offense. They can catch France sleepy at some point and I wouldn't be surprised to see them scoring.
Anyway, obviously the main reason why I'm on goals here is the hosts. France has amazing attacking line, one of the best in the world nowadays. It doesn't really matter who will pick Deschamps to start, it still looks mission impossible for USA defenders to stop it. Most part of it is very young and lacks international experience. The same Ireland dominated them few days ago and scored twice, with all the respect to Irish team, they are nowhere close to the class France disposes upfront. I can easily see hosts netting 3 or all 4 goals to win this pick alone. I don't expect French side to hold back after taking the lead, stop playin', cause as I wrote at the beginning, they loves to show-off infront of own fans before big tournament and this teams has all it takes to give us goals galore.
All in all, I think France will do the main job here, they are simply too good for this USA defense, but wouldn't be surprised to see guests putting their name on the scoresheet either, even if at the end it might not be needed. So I'm on goals. GL
1-1 pick lost

Last edited by Macot; 13-06-18 at 16:44.
Mindozas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-18, 13:16   #6
lino

lino is an unknown quantity at this point

Denmark - Mexico
Mexico AH (0.25)
odds 1.95 Pinnacle

Denmark have not played well in the last 6 friendly game but today may use home advantage of Brondby stadium.

Mexico, meanwhile, performed quite well in away matches and would boost before Russia. Show strong midfield and ball possession but they struggle to convert that into goals. Both teams are disciplined and very equal in term of overall quality.

Both teams are preparing for the 2018 World Cup final. Both don't want to be defeated. Also both understands that of unnecessary injury at the present time is not welcome.
2-0 pick lost

Last edited by Macot; 13-06-18 at 16:45.
lino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-18, 13:36   #7
Cuore2010
Freshman

Cuore2010 is an unknown quantity at this point

Pick No. 1

Match: Halep - Stephens
Pick: Halep -3,5 games handicap @ 1.8

Halep is playing the best tennis she ever had this tournament, going past two very tough opponents in the last 2 rounds (Kerber & Muguruza (one of the main favorites)). Her serve has improved a lot in the last year and her attitude on the field as well. In the game against Muguruza, where Muguruza also played incredible (especially 2nd set) she kept her calm and focus in difficult moments always leading the game, with very powerful & skilled shots.

Stephens had an easier schedule but also should be given a lot of credit for ending up here. She's not the typical clay-courter, being american and although he has some nice shots as well, I can see her suffocated today by Halep's aggressive game.

The H2H is totally in favor of Halep, 5-2, but Stephens wins came only on Hard courts, 5 years ago. Since then, they both improved, but I see Simona winning this one rather easy. In all 5 wins (2 on clay), Simona covered the spread.

It's time for Simona Halep to win her first Grand Slam.
Halep already taken, please read the rules. Cancelled.

Last edited by Macot; 13-06-18 at 16:46.
Cuore2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-18, 13:51   #8
Cuore2010
Freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuore2010 View Post
Pick No. 1

Halep is playing the best tennis she ever had this tournament, going past two very tough opponents in the last 2 rounds (Kerber & Muguruza (one of the main favorites)). Her serve has improved a lot in the last year and her attitude on the field as well. In the game against Muguruza, where Muguruza also played incredible (especially 2nd set) she kept her calm and focus in difficult moments always leading the game, with very powerful & skilled shots.

Stephens had an easier schedule but also should be given a lot of credit for ending up here. She's not the typical clay-courter, being american and although he has some nice shots as well, I can see her suffocated today by Halep's aggressive game.

The H2H is totally in favor of Halep, 5-2, but Stephens wins came only on Hard courts, 5 years ago. Since then, they both improved, but I see Simona winning this one rather easy. In all 5 wins (2 on clay), Simona covered the spread.

Odds from Bet 365
Old 14-06-18, 13:27   #9
Cuore2010
Freshman

Quote:
Pick No. 1

Halep already taken, please read the rules. Cancelled.
Hi @ Macot, but this was a totally different bet - it was taken at -1,5 Set handicap and I took it -3,5 H games. I haven't been posting for a long time here, but last time I did you were able to choose the same game, as long as it is a different bet. Please confirm, thanks
Old 14-06-18, 16:02   #10
Macot
Super Moderator

Macot is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Hi @ Macot, but this was a totally different bet - it was taken at -1,5 Set handicap and I took it -3,5 H games. I haven't been posting for a long time here, but last time I did you were able to choose the same game, as long as it is a different bet. Please confirm, thanks
Mate, please read rules, bets (even different) on the same team/player are not allowed. I am really sorry but I can not go against rules.