This site is for adults 18+ due to gambling/betting content. If you have a problem with gambling issues, or need information, please visit:
Gambling Help Online Gamblers Anonymous Gambling Therapy Gamble Aware Jugadores Anonimos JugarBIEN BeGambleAware GamCare

Go Back   Bettingadvice forum > ChitChat and Competitions > Contests/Competitions

Contests/Competitions Forum contests and other competitions run by BA or other websites. Join and win!!
PINNACLE - accept very large stakes! Low juice!

Online Sports Betting at Pinnacle Sports
BET365: Simply the best bookie for livebetting! PINNACLE: BA's all time favourite bookmaker. Great odds!

Old 22-05-18, 07:05   #1
ivan-dzo

ivan-dzo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default POD 22/05/2018 NEW RULES!!!!

Thanks to our sponsor Terje Grefstad

*RULES FOR MAY*

Odds must be between 1.75 and 2.25 and only odds taken from these 3 bookmakers are allowed:

Bet365
Pinnacle
SBOBet

You can only take these bet types :

-Asian handicap bets
-Over/Under bets (Game total) !

For other details check the thread POD May 2018 NEW RULES!

Prices as usual:
1st place - 110 EUR
2nd place - 60 EUR
3rd place - 30 EUR

You can check odds for your picks here:
http://www.oddsportal.com/

Good luck!!!!

PINNACLE SPORTS: One of the very best. New website!

Old 22-05-18, 07:15   #2
ivan-dzo

ivan-dzo is an unknown quantity at this point

4/6
+256

7th pick

VPS -KuPS pick 2 Bet365 2.20

I can see today visitors to win.
KuPS is 3rd at moment, with 3 points deficit till RoPS.
This season can be their as they have very weak HJK and KuPS maybe even can chase title. Good, young team, pretty solid this season.
VPS average as usually. Middle of table, at home solid away from home weak.
Still, this season had problems at home against stronger teams. Lost from Rops lost from HJK. They cant be even with better teams so far. Hope will not be today as well.
H2H last two games away won KuPS 1-3 last season in the league and in friendly this season 0-2. For me, away win!

Good luck!!!
0-2 pick won

Last edited by Macot; 23-05-18 at 19:21.
ivan-dzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-18, 09:48   #3
WiserthantheCrowd

WiserthantheCrowd is on a distinguished road

0/0/0

1st pick

Universidad de Chile vs. Vasco
Pick Vasco AH(+0.25) at 2 with Pinnacle

Pinnacle offers the following odds right now: 2.2 - 3.3 - 3.6. The line on the Asian Handicap opened at -0.5 but dropped to -0.25. I think there still is value on Vasco da Gama...

This is the last match of the group stage. Universidad de Chile only have theoretical chances of advancing in the Copa Libertadores (they need Racing to lose against Cruzeiro and make up a deficit of 17 goals)...

So essentially these 2 teams are playing to advance to the Copa Sudamericana. To advance, Vasco need to win by any score other than 1-0. (In the case of Vasco winning 1-0, U de Chile will advance based on their better Conmebol ranking.)

Universidad de Chile is going through a bad phase right now. Angel Guillermo was fired recently and Esteban Valencia (who coached the junior teams) took over as interim trainer. However, he has not been able to turn things around and is on his way out (or back to the junior team) according to Chilean media. Under Valencia, U de Chile have only won 1 game out of the last 5 (D1, L3). Last weekend, they lost to Palestino at home in another poor performance...

Vasco da Gama drew against Flamengo in the Maracana on Saturday. The team looked strong defensively and Andres Rios and Wagner are playing well offensively...

Universidad de Chile are missing 3 regulars due to injuries (Johnny Herrera, Matias Rodriguez, and Frank Schultz) while 2 others are suspended (Lorenzo Reyes and Angelo Araos). They don't have a natural player to start as right back. Alejandro Contreras (CB) will probably start in this position...

Henrique is suspended for Vasco while Rildo Andrade, Ramon and Giovanni Augusto are still injured - Paulinho has been sold to Bayer Leverkusen. With the exception of Henrique none of the missing Vasco players has been regularly featured in the starting lineup recently so that the missings are more fundamental for U de Chile which is an aging squad that lacks speed on the wings and is now vulnerable in defensive...

While Vasco has performed very poorly in the Copa Libertadores so far, there were 2 good performances (against Cruzeiro away and Racing at home) which were not rewarded with more than a draw... U de Chile did manage to beat Vasco in Brazil but that was a lucky result with a largely different set of players...

I fancy Vasco to get something out of the game and think they will get something out of this game. I see them as the more likely winner and really doubt that they will lose.
0-2 pick won

Last edited by Macot; 23-05-18 at 19:22.
WiserthantheCrowd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-18, 11:46   #4
Aleksander

Aleksander is an unknown quantity at this point

0/1

2th pick

Hemery C. - Garcia-Lopez G.
pick: 2 AH(3,5-0games)
Pinnacle: 1,93

For me this is clear game. Spanish tenis player demolished a few weeks ago Hemery in Marocco in 2 sets. After this match his form did not explode in any way, it is still a typical "Chalendzer". Gilermo has his minor problems but his solid level is holding and it's not supposed that the Frenchman could harm him. Short match for me.
6-7 3-6 pick won

Last edited by Macot; 23-05-18 at 19:23.
Aleksander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-18, 11:47   #5
saab

saab is an unknown quantity at this point

3-0-2 +118

#6 Tennis, ATP Geneva

Wawrinka Stan - Donaldson Jared
pick: Wawrinka Stan (-3,5 ah games)
odds: 2,0
book: bet365

I start with a news. This event is in Swiss in Geneva. Wawrinka is not well to see at that tournament. I do not know why, maybe because of the organisation or people there. Well it is a R16 round just before Rolland Garros. We will see what happened. Last match in Rome he lost to Johnson. I have to admint the American had a really good day with serving while Wawrinka not.
Donaldson is also known as a good serve player but not the same level like Steve. I predict here a 2 set match. However, I take a handi on game points. H2H is in favour of Stan, match played in Cincy 2016 won by the Swiss 2-1. Well Stan it is time to wake up and win something in the Tour. He has not won a single match since 09.02.2018... and clay courts suit him. However, I do not know how is he going further. Next week RG week. I really do not see him in QF but we will see. Today a must win for him!
Pick cancelled - postponed to 23rd

Last edited by Macot; 23-05-18 at 19:24.
saab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-18, 13:48   #6
edwardkenway

edwardkenway is on a distinguished road

9 6-0-2 +441
Orebro - Kalmar
Over 2.5 @2.00 Sbobet

Nice odds for over in this game, I fancy this bet. Kalmar played 3 games with at least 3 goals in their last 4 games and today they will play away at Orebro in Bahren Arena. Due to the red card suspension Martensson is unavailable for Orebro. Last 2 games played at Bahren Arena were both overs with 3 and 5 goals when Orebro hosted and defeated Dalkurd 3-2 but then lost to Hammarby 1-2. Kalmar lost their most recent game against Brommapojkarna, team that allowed 19 goals and are one of the worst here. So I see Kalmar pushing for more goals today after that furstrating loss against lower level opposition. Orebro allowed 11 goals and at home and allowed 4 over last 2 games in Bahren Arena. Both teams lost their latest games as well so this should be fun to watch, GL.
2-1 pick won

Last edited by Macot; 23-05-18 at 19:24.
edwardkenway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-18, 14:08   #7
alcuni

alcuni is on a distinguished road

Pick no. 6 (2-1-2) -33
Grenoble - Bourg Peronnas
Pick. 2 +0.25
Odds: 2.19
SBOBET

First leg for play-out for remaining/promoting in Ligue2 take place tomorrow and will oppose 3rd in National Grenoble and 18th in Ligue2 Bourg Peronnas ( so, admin, please change the home team name - ty).

Grenoble was one of the pleasant surprise of this edition being most of the time up in table and promoted until last round from National. But some disastrous end of the season with only 3 wins and 1 draw in last 8 rounds and the team ended on 3rd spot. Was painful for their fans that Grenoble lost last game at home 2-3 versus relegation threatened Entente ( also new promoted) and with this lose also the chance to direct promotion in Ligue2. As a result, the fans invaded the pitch and made some troubles there, LFP being forced to suspend their pitch for some period, including this game. So the game will be played with no fans. Also, Grenoble will have no fans in reverse game, 3 days later also by decision of LFP. So, no doubt, missing that promotion left the team with low morale after all. Let***8217;s not that Grenole won only 3 games in 2018 on their own pitch, 2 of them versus relegated Creteil and Les Herbiers. So an awful home shape. As players: couple of them I heard about: Boussaha (ex- Bourg Peronnas***8230 who was injured but recovered for this double and El Jadayaoui ( ex Anger). Still an old team with plenty of players over 30years. Nly 33 goals scored and 23 against so not a real offensive team. Also they have not a real top scorer ***8211; only 8 goas scored by Sotoca ( ex- Montpellier). For this game coach guegan will not count on Chergui - suspended for first leg.

Bourg Peronnas ended on 18th avoiding direct relegation in last round, thanks to a 2-1 win over Sochaux ( a draw would have been enough also). Was a team who like to attack scoring 50 goals in season but conceded a lot 87 goals ( a new record for Ligue 2 with 20 teams). But the reason for these whopping goals conceded is mainly the injured list with defenders all season long. First was captain PErradin who broke his leg aftes 12 games and almost all the others were on this list. So no worrie why Della Magiore squad finished so low, after a decent previous season. Also for this trip they will miss 6 defenders!!! Namely: Perradin (12/2), Amiot (34/1), Martin (27/2), Deneuve ***8211; main GK (21/0), Saint- Ruf (13/1) and Ponroy (13/0) but with exception of Amiot all the other are missing for some rounds now. So they are used to this situation. Upfront an interesting squad tough Sarr (10 goals), Merdji (9 goals) Begue and Court. Also an old team with plenty of players near or over 30 years. No suspended player for Bourg here.

There are some circumstances for this game who drove me to this pick: no fans in the stadium, poor shape at home for Grenoble (only 5 win in all season out of 16 played), perhaps some kind of low morale after missing in last round direct promotion. Is true that Bourg was quite poor on the road with only 3 wins and 2 draw out of 19 trips, but even with this impressive injured player list, I think their squad is superior to Grenoble. A draw is very likely so I***8217;ll take Bourg +0.25 ah. gl
2-1 pick lost

Last edited by Macot; 23-05-18 at 19:25.
alcuni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-18, 14:13   #8
Gvdw

Gvdw is on a distinguished road

Pick # 2 (0-0-1) -100
Football
Norway, 1st Division
Viking FK - Aalesunds FK
Pick: Over 3 goals
Odd: 1.98
Bet365

Match between the top two teams at the moment in the league and also the teams who have scored the most goals so far. Viking has scored 20 goals so far including 12 in the last 3 home games while Aalesunds has scored 21 goals so far including at least 2 in each away game this season. However, Aalesunds have failed to keep a clean sheet away from home so far while Viking has already conceded 5 goals in 4 home games. 9 of the last 10 meetings between the teams all had 3 or more goals and today i also expect at least 3 goals.
0-2 pick lost

Gvdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-18, 16:14   #9
dave_k.o.

dave_k.o. is an unknown quantity at this point

Pick #3 1L1W +13
Osters - Gais
pick Gais +0,25 AH
odds 1.98 pinnacle

Gais playing bad lately. Before season this team has good results in test match and many experts said that can be promoted to allsvenskan. But until now results are bad only two draw and 4 loses in 6 matches. Atmosphere in club is terrible, people starting talking about change of coach this could be last match for him. Osters is a mediocre team and today has some problems , doubtfull is one of best players midfielder Silka, his miss is a big problem for Osters.
1-3 pick won

dave_k.o. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-18, 22:33   #10
thebetmaestro

thebetmaestro is on a distinguished road

Pick 2 (0/1) -100
Basketball - USA - NBA
Golden State Warriors - Houston Rockets

Golden State Warriors -11.5 AH
Odds 2.25 in Bet365

Golden State Warriors are hosting game number 4 in western conference finals of NBA. In the first game Warriors were better than Houston in their own house, but Houston came back with a 1-1 tied game in the second game. Then the series moved on from Houston Texas to Oakland. There Warriors destroyed Houston in game number 3 with 41 points difference, it was embarassing experience for Rockets.

Not only did they lose by 41 but they even allowed Steph Curry to find his shooting range again. After another horrible start in the first and second quarter of first half, Curry absolutely exploded in third quarter and second half and he was the leading scorer with 35+ points, leaving Kevin Durant behind him on 25.

I don't see how Rockets can do anything here now that Curry is back, he gained so much confidence and more likely than not his shooting will be more consistent today which means that Rockets are in for another beating. Playing at Oakland is too hard for Rockets and they will lose this third game and Warriors will go back to Texas with 3-1. My call is 12 point difference win for Warriors and -11.5 AH in bet365...
92-95 pick lost

Last edited by Macot; 23-05-18 at 19:26.
thebetmaestro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-18, 23:36   #11
adijuve
Freshman

adijuve is on a distinguished road

Pick 4 2-0-1 +95
Cruzeiro vs Racing Club
Pick: Over 2.5 goals Odds: 2.07 @bet365

I think this match will have over 2.5 goals. It is the final match of the group stage and Racing Club comes as already qualified to the next stage while Cruzeiro needs at least a draw to qualify to the next stage. They are ranked at the 2nd spot with 8 points and come after two wins two draws and a loss over five matches played while scoring a total of 13 goals and conceding 4 and all four were from Racing Club. Which on the other side is ranked at the 1st spot with 11 points and plays with no pressure here. Cruzeiro will play in attack from the start and i expect them to score the first goals. The previous match between them ended in a 4-2 victory for Racing Club so i guess they will score at least one goal each on this one.
2-1 pick won

Last edited by Macot; 23-05-18 at 19:26.
adijuve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-18, 00:58   #12
Overeem

Overeem is on a distinguished road

0w 1v 1l
- 100 pts
Nba Basketball
Rockets @ GSW

Type of bet: Alternative Game Totals
Pick: Over 231 points
Bookmaker: bet365
Odds: 2.25

Pretty high line but Houston Rockets must come out guns blazing. They got blownout in Game 3 and if they want to have some small chance of making those finals they must play well tonight. This game could be crucial in this series. I'm not saying they'll win but they key here for Houston Rockets is to score with ease and if they do that then they will gain lots of confidenfe for Game 5 and that is a must win home game for Rockets. James Harden must deliver close to or higher than 40 points anr CP3 must join him in this hard task. Warriors are a team that can score 30+ every 12 mins and with Curry, Durant and Thompson they are scoring monsters. I think we will see around 125-130 points from Warriors and Houston will play better than in last game here so I'm expecting around 110-115ish points from them.

GL!
92-95 pick lost

Last edited by Macot; 23-05-18 at 19:27.
Overeem is offline   Reply With Quote