BWIN Pinnacle 888sport Bet365 10BET Gamebookers Betfair BET-AT-HOME Expekt 5Dimes CANBET

Go Back   Bettingadvice forum > Soccer >
Internationals/Friendlies

Internationals/Friendlies
Analysis and discussions (and predictions) for Internationals and friendly soccer games.

PINNACLE - accept very large stakes! Low juice!

Online Sports Betting at Pinnacle Sports
BET365: Simply the best bookie for livebetting! PINNACLE: BA's all time favourite bookmaker. Great odds!

Old 14-11-17, 20:03   #1

1234 is on a distinguished road
Default World Cup 2018-Winner

Hi guys,I would like to hear your opinions about outcome.
Who do you see as a winner?
My favorites are Spain and England.Brazil is close but I wonder how will they adapt in Russia.
I am afraid that young England could crack under pressure in closing stage (semi-final).

Your toughts?

*Group draw will be held 1.12.2017 so odds,probably, will be adjusted.

Odds are from bet365
https://imgur.com/a/mSNDu
1234 is offline   Reply With Quote

PINNACLE SPORTS: One of the very best. New website!

Old 14-11-17, 20:50   #2
Karl-Heinz

Karl-Heinz is an unknown quantity at this point

England? Really? For what reason?
I think the best teams are France, Germany and maybe Brazil.
Spain.. hm, hard to say if they that good.
Karl-Heinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-17, 15:01   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl-Heinz View Post
England? Really? For what reason?
I think the best teams are France, Germany and maybe Brazil.
Spain.. hm, hard to say if they that good.
For me England have all the "weapons" to go far.They are good with/without the ball,they can change formations without losing quality ...As I mentioned, my only concern is that they are young, expecialy up front.
Spain currently playng best football in Europe that is for sure.They can score 2-3 goals to any team.Possesion,technical quality of players is superb,"all-postitons" players (any player can play any position)...
Germany is similar to Spain but ,I think,thay are a little bit short in attack.
I backed France this EC 2016 but they didnt convince me at all.Yes, they came to final but IMO they needed to win that.Squad is amazing,but as long Didier Deschamps is on the bench I can not back them.If Zidane is on the bench (which I hope soo he will be after WC) I would back them all the way.
Old 15-11-17, 15:13   #4
Miccho

Miccho is on a distinguished road

England are a pathetic team and no offense, but only a highly delusional man can believe England will go further than 1/4 final. Is it the first international campaign you are watching in your life? They always "excel" in qualifiers, pump up the confidence of their fans, only to get their arses beaten in the World Cup/Euro. The same story every time. Plus, a midfield with players like Dier and Lallana deserves nothing better than a 1/8 final.

It looks almost certain that the winner will be one among Brazil, Germany, Spain and France. Probably less than 1-2% chance for a team outside these 4 to win it. Sadly for the greatest player in history, but Argentina looks like complete joke, being coached by a clown. Playing this foolish 5-3-2 formation, midfield with zero creativity, very poor flanks (only one player at each flank, while some teams attack with 3 players per flank), no capacity to suit together Messi and Dybala etc. I don't see Argentina going further than 1/4 final, but I won't be surprised even if a shock groups stage exit takes place with this clown in charge.

Brazil is extremely strong and it is mainly due to Tite. I've followed this guy for years and always wondered why he never got a chance to coach a big team in Europe. Absolutely fantastic manager, you should have seen how Corinthians played under him.

Germany is as usual a big power. I think that probably 70% chance that one among Brazil and Germany will win. France has fantastic players but a poor manager, and I don't believe that a team with poor manager can win this tournament. Spain looks good, but still a step below Germany and BRazil.
Miccho is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-17, 16:52   #5
Dex

Dex is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1234 View Post
Hi guys,I would like to hear your opinions about outcome.
Who do you see as a winner?
My favorites are Spain and England.Brazil is close but I wonder how will they adapt in Russia.
I am afraid that young England could crack under pressure in closing stage (semi-final).

Your toughts?

*Group draw will be held 1.12.2017 so odds,probably, will be adjusted.

Odds are from bet365
https://imgur.com/a/mSNDu
Croatia will won this time ....... England is pathetic
Dex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-17, 19:51   #6
Macot
Super Moderator

Macot is on a distinguished road

About England... yes, but not in Russia but in 2022..
They are World Champions in u17 and u20 and they really have wonderful young players that really excel. I mean they trashed Brasil in the finals of u17 (5-2)!
But for this generation I think 2018 comes to early, although they are already pushed forward by Southgate.
Old 15-11-17, 20:39   #7
Wilson
Super Moderator

Wilson is on a distinguished road

Brazil is the main favorite for sure. But if you are looking for some value odds Mexico is a must try @101. Mexicans are always a thought opponent to face during the WC and usually underestimated. Very unlucky against the Netherlands in 2014 and veterans players are still active. The average age of the mexican team is very balanced and most of the players have lot of caps for the NT and well experienced. Mexico was not that bad in Confederation cup and made good results against European teams.
Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-17, 20:43   #8
Miccho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson View Post
Brazil is the main favorite for sure. But if you are looking for some value odds Mexico is a must try @101. Mexicans are always a thought opponent to face during the WC and usually underestimated. Very unlucky against the Netherlands in 2014 and veterans players are still active. The average age of the mexican team is very balanced and most of the players have lot of caps for the NT and well experienced. Mexico was not that bad in Confederation cup and made good results against European teams.
I don't think that even odds of 10,000 for Mexico are anything more but money wasted. They are absolutely out of the league of the likes of Brazil, Germany, Spain and France.

Besides, World Cups are never and I mean NEVER won by underdogs. In Euros there are sometimes surprises (Denmark, Greece, Czech Republic earlier), but this NEVER happens in World Cup. Only "big guns" go to the finals of the World Cup. The surprises always reach maximum 1/2 finals (Bulgaria, Croatia, Turkey etc.).

That's not dog's race or horse race, where value can be hunted on some big priced underdogs. In World Cup there is no value in backing any team outside the big guns.

Last edited by Miccho; 15-11-17 at 20:45.
Old 15-11-17, 21:36   #9
KL1NCUNT

KL1NCUNT is an unknown quantity at this point

I must agree with Miccho. Even though I love and cheer for Mexico almost more than for my own country, but reality is. There are no surprises in WC, that's true.

I think it's best to way for groups before taking any bets, odds might change then for better or worse on top 4.

But right now, I just think that Brazil will win it. Ignore these friendlies against England, that's not World Cup...

France are same like at Euros, fantastic but overrated, Germany are not as good as in 2014 not the same kind of feeling about them really, Spain same, getting better but still not good enough like they used to be. Argentina....meh, not gonna happen. Too much problems with that squad and Sampaoli.

I think Brazill will win the World Cup
KL1NCUNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-17, 22:10   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dex View Post
Croatia will won this time ....... England is pathetic
Why not Tunisia?
Old 16-11-17, 15:55   #11
egomax

egomax is on a distinguished road

Pot for 1st round:

http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/news/y=...w-2920191.html

Spain in 2nd pot....
egomax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-17, 16:04   #12
Macot
Super Moderator

Macot is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by KL1NCUNT View Post
I must agree with Miccho. Even though I love and cheer for Mexico almost more than for my own country, but reality is. There are no surprises in WC, that's true.

I think it's best to way for groups before taking any bets, odds might change then for better or worse on top 4.

But right now, I just think that Brazil will win it. Ignore these friendlies against England, that's not World Cup...

France are same like at Euros, fantastic but overrated, Germany are not as good as in 2014 not the same kind of feeling about them really, Spain same, getting better but still not good enough like they used to be. Argentina....meh, not gonna happen. Too much problems with that squad and Sampaoli.

I think Brazill will win the World Cup
How can France be fantastic and overrated at the same time?
Old 16-11-17, 17:04   #13
Miccho

I think he means they have great individuals, but are not so great as a team. Indeed, France have better individuals than Germany and Spain and even probably than Brazil. Bu they got neither the team chemistry, nor the good managers of these three teams.
Old 16-11-17, 17:15   #14
Dex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macot View Post
About England... yes, but not in Russia but in 2022..
They are World Champions in u17 and u20 and they really have wonderful young players that really excel. I mean they trashed Brasil in the finals of u17 (5-2)!
But for this generation I think 2018 comes to early, although they are already pushed forward by Southgate.
The big question is who will enter main England team from U20 and U17 team Not many players will play for England from these selections ..
Old 16-11-17, 17:17   #15
Dex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miccho View Post
I don't think that even odds of 10,000 for Mexico are anything more but money wasted. They are absolutely out of the league of the likes of Brazil, Germany, Spain and France.

Besides, World Cups are never and I mean NEVER won by underdogs. In Euros there are sometimes surprises (Denmark, Greece, Czech Republic earlier), but this NEVER happens in World Cup. Only "big guns" go to the finals of the World Cup. The surprises always reach maximum 1/2 finals (Bulgaria, Croatia, Turkey etc.).

That's not dog's race or horse race, where value can be hunted on some big priced underdogs. In World Cup there is no value in backing any team outside the big guns.
and refs have big influence in creating world champions ...... I wonder what will be if that dumbass not give penalty for Brazil in Croatia game
Old 16-11-17, 17:18   #16
Dex

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1234 View Post
Why not Tunisia?
I'm not tunisian
Old 17-11-17, 01:46   #17
betking09
Freshman

betking09 is on a distinguished road

For me its clear Germany. They have individual quality and the most important, they have a system. We saw at the Confederation Cup, they came with Team B but the system is still working. They only replace Player X with Y and it runs. In qualify they make 10 from 10 and of course not really strong opponents but they make it to win in Belfast, in Prag, in cold Norway. And another plus point for the Germans is that they are a tournament team. When they dont get the "group of death" then they'll come with 3 wins and then its clear that we will see them at least at semifinal.

For France or Spain or Brazil I cant say the same thing. They can come with 7 points from the group matches but can lose in the round of last 16 suprisingly 2-1.

Not for the win, but I expect a lot from Nigeria. They have a really good team with good talented players, some playing in Premier League. Wouldnt be suprising for me to see them in quarterfinal or maybe with luck in semifinal.
betking09 is offline   Reply With Quote