BWIN Pinnacle 888sport Bet365 10BET Gamebookers Betfair BET-AT-HOME Expekt 5Dimes CANBET

Go Back   Bettingadvice forum > Soccer >
North/Central/South America

North/Central/South America
Copa Libertadores, Argentina, Brazil, Peru, Chile, US, Mexico, etc.
Bet on South American leagues at:

PINNACLE - accept very large stakes! Low juice!

Online Sports Betting at Pinnacle Sports
BET365: Simply the best bookie for livebetting! PINNACLE: BA's all time favourite bookmaker. Great odds!

Old 12-07-17, 21:56   #1
Miccho

Miccho is on a distinguished road
Default CONCACAF Gold Cup

Panama - Nicaragua

This bet is based entirely on the game Nicaragua - Martinique (0:2). Nicaragua looks completely below the level of this tournament. Martinique literally missed 4 or 5 one-on-one chances, Nicaragua keeper was a hero. After the 2nd goal, MArtinique stopped running and pushing, otherwise they could have easily scored few more. Nicaragua was dominated in each element of the game.

I rate Panama as a stronger team than Martinique. I think they should win convincingly.

Panama - 1.75 @ 1.9
Miccho is online now   Reply With Quote

PINNACLE SPORTS: One of the very best. New website!

Old 14-07-17, 14:44   #2
Miccho

Canada - Hondures

Both teams happy with a draw. Canada will qualify as 2nd in the group, Honduras will qualify as the best 3rd team. In case any of these two loses, they risk being eliminated.

Even if the teams didn't calculate for a draw, it would still be a very likely result, given their style (focus on defending).

Draw @ 2.80
Under 2 @ 2.0
Old 14-07-17, 21:32   #3
ApostaGanha
banned

ApostaGanha is on a distinguished road

Canadá vs Honduras

Honduras -1 corner (3 way)

https://www.apuestasganadas.com/cana...uras-gold-cup/
ApostaGanha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-17, 11:03   #4
Miccho

USA-Nicaragua

I got it wrong in Panama-Nicaragua, but it was not because of Nicaragua (I rate them correctly as probbaly the weakest team in the whole tournament), but because of totally unprofessional attitude throughout the whole game from Panama. No need to go into details - you know this Latin American "mambo jambo", when you know you are much superior than the opponent and you have to show all the arrogance in the world on the pitch.

USA is different story - they always show very professional attitude, even in friendlies. Even if they are with B squad, it is too much for weak Nicaragua. The score 3:2 vs Martinique is misleading, as the US could have scored a lot more, while Martinique scored two freak goals.

I believe the US is finally due a big and convincing win. My call is 4-0.

USA-2AH
Old 15-07-17, 11:58   #5
Dimitri

Dimitri is on a distinguished road

Good draw!
Dimitri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-17, 13:39   #6
Prija
Super Moderator

Prija is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miccho View Post
USA-Nicaragua

I got it wrong in Panama-Nicaragua, but it was not because of Nicaragua (I rate them correctly as probbaly the weakest team in the whole tournament), but because of totally unprofessional attitude throughout the whole game from Panama. No need to go into details - you know this Latin American "mambo jambo", when you know you are much superior than the opponent and you have to show all the arrogance in the world on the pitch.

USA is different story - they always show very professional attitude, even in friendlies. Even if they are with B squad, it is too much for weak Nicaragua. The score 3:2 vs Martinique is misleading, as the US could have scored a lot more, while Martinique scored two freak goals.

I believe the US is finally due a big and convincing win. My call is 4-0.

USA-2AH
Agree fully, Nicaragua is terrible team. USA has been very shaky at the back and deserved to concede in both games so far, but it probably won't matter vs Nicaragua who are hapless upfront. Arena will rotate again, but most players are of similar quality and it won't make any difference. Good thing is that they play in Cleveland, not in Texas, so it won't be super hot and crowd should be very strong tonight pushing them to a big win.
Old 15-07-17, 16:25   #7
XawerIuZ
Freshman

XawerIuZ is on a distinguished road

Seems the draw is suitable for both (to play 1/4f) in match Panama vs. Martinique. Opinions?
XawerIuZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-17, 17:01   #8
Miccho

Quote:
Originally Posted by XawerIuZ View Post
Seems the draw is suitable for both (to play 1/4f) in match Panama vs. Martinique. Opinions?
Actually not entirely. Martinique might still get eliminated if they draw - if Salvador wins vs Jamaica (in this case, Salvador gets 2nd place and Jamaica qualifies as one of the best 3rd teams, together with Honduras).

Nevertheless, I still think low scoring draw is very likely scenario here. Panama will surely be happy with such results. I don't believe Martinique will take huge risks here. If they lose, they will be 90% out, because in this scenario Jamaica and Salvador will make a "biscotto" - a draw that suits both teams and kicks Martinique out. So, it might be a big gamble for Martinique, therefore I think they won't take huge risks here and more or less will settle for a draw.
Old 16-07-17, 01:57   #9
Dimitri

2 penalties missed, almost failed to score 3 goals against an opponent who wants to allow goals, that takes real talent.
Old 16-07-17, 03:24   #10
Mindozas

Mindozas is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimitri View Post
2 penalties missed, almost failed to score 3 goals against an opponent who wants to allow goals, that takes real talent.
Nonetheless, they did it Actually really thnx to the guys, I usualy never bet on smth I don't folllow completely, which was the case here, I didn't even knew the full rosters, but this time I trusted, took HT/FT USA, then over2.5, got it. So thnx once again for your input
Mindozas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-17, 10:26   #11
Miccho

Jamaica - Salvador

It is clear now that Salvador will qualify with a draw. Actually, they will qualify also with a minimal loss (1 goal margin), cause they ahve better goal difference than Martinique. So, I expect Salvador to play very defensively.

On the other hand, we have Jamaica, which I suppose will prefer to finish 2nd, instead of 1st in the group. The 1st team will face Honduras in 1/4 final, the 2nd team will play Canada. I think Honduras is considered a stronger opponent and a team with more successs in this competition. Jamaica will surely try to avoid playing USA (this will happen if they lose vs Salvador), but I don't see them very motivated to win big and to score many goals, cause this will put them against stronger Honduras.

So, we gonna have two teams with very little to no incentive to attack and score goals.

Under 2 @ 2.0
Draw @ 3.10
Old 16-07-17, 14:08   #12
Dimitri

I watched both matches of Curacao in which they created many clear scoring chances but always found ways to waste them. They missed a penalty against El Salvador.
Curacao was more dominant in both matches for the first 30 minutes or so.
In the end of El Salvador match they looked mentally defeated, like they gave up completely and actually should have lost by more goals.
Cuco Martina already left the team, Bacuna could be seen just walking around and visibly frustrated with his teammates so I expect him to skip tonight's match and maybe some others will also be rested.
Mexico will win this match and the group but I am thinking that this could be a really high scoring win for them against a opponent who already gave up.
They will rotate but they always rotate and this should not make a difference.

What do you guys think?
Old 17-07-17, 01:34   #13
Dimitri

Nice draw again

Bacuna and others are playing for Curacao. Wooden Janga is out for much better (imo) van Kessel so I will not bet on this.
Good night
Old 17-07-17, 11:03   #14
Miccho

Yes, draw was nice. Unfortunately, this tournament is practically over from a betting perspective. I think all games from now on are a gamble. If Mexico and USA were with their A team, there could have been some value, but not now, when they play with ridiculous squads.
Old 17-07-17, 11:24   #15
Dimitri

They certainly can not be trusted. USA @ 1.20 is a joke.
It is a very balanced tournament, maybe draws in all QF matches (for small stake) would be a good idea.
Old 17-07-17, 14:32   #16
Prija
Super Moderator

Teams are allowed to make 6 changes before quarterfinal phase, so Arena used it to call up some big guns. Dempsey, Bradley, Altidore, Tim Howard, Nagbe are in (and gk Jesse Gonzalez). Interestingly enough, two best players in group stages Rowe and Bedoya departed the team, same as striker Dom Dwyer who scored in first two games, but missed penalty vs Nicaragua.
Old 17-07-17, 17:39   #17
Dimitri

Strange decision to send those guys home.
Old 19-07-17, 07:11   #18
ApostaGanha
banned

Jamaica vs Canadá

Jamaica Draw no Bet

https://www.apuestasganadas.com/jama...nada-gold-cup/
Old 19-07-17, 07:19   #19
gwen

gwen is an unknown quantity at this point

There is no Extra time in quarter and semi
Go straight to PK if tied after 90
gwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-17, 07:25   #20
gwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prija View Post
Teams are allowed to make 6 changes before quarterfinal phase, so Arena used it to call up some big guns. Dempsey, Bradley, Altidore, Tim Howard, Nagbe are in (and gk Jesse Gonzalez). Interestingly enough, two best players in group stages Rowe and Bedoya departed the team, same as striker Dom Dwyer who scored in first two games, but missed penalty vs Nicaragua.
Bedoya asked to leave for birth of his child.
Old 19-07-17, 16:40   #21
ApostaGanha
banned

Costa Rica vs Panamá

Costa Rica

https://www.apuestasganadas.com/cost...nama-gold-cup/
Old 19-07-17, 21:48   #22
Prija
Super Moderator

USA -1.5 1.91

Quarterfinals of Gold cup and now the real tournament starts. 8/12 teams going through the next stage made most teams play very relaxed, especially big guns with possibility of changing up to 6 players for eliminatory rounds. So, Bruce Arena used it to try out some guys, rotate heavily, but now he called up Altidore, Bradley, Nagbe, Dempsey and Tim Howard, all are expected to start and we will have nearly the best US team on the field in Philadelphia tonight.

El Salvador managed to progress in a very weak group, El Tri handled them easily (1-3), while they beat minnows Curacao (2-0) in a close game and played a friendly draw (1-1) vs Jamaica in last round that made the both progress. El Salvador is a decent team, Zelaya especially played a very nice tournament, but quality difference between them and big dogs like Mexico and USA is very big. USA with best guys in the team, with home field advantage and in first tournament of coach Arena back in charge they will be very motivated to well, and I don't give much chances to Salvadorians to keep it close.
Old 20-07-17, 14:26   #23
ApostaGanha
banned

México vs Honduras

under 2.5 goals

https://www.apuestasganadas.com/mexi...uras-gold-cup/
Old 20-07-17, 17:47   #24
gwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prija View Post
USA -1.5 1.91

Quarterfinals of Gold cup and now the real tournament starts. 8/12 teams going through the next stage made most teams play very relaxed, especially big guns with possibility of changing up to 6 players for eliminatory rounds. So, Bruce Arena used it to try out some guys, rotate heavily, but now he called up Altidore, Bradley, Nagbe, Dempsey and Tim Howard, all are expected to start and we will have nearly the best US team on the field in Philadelphia tonight.

El Salvador managed to progress in a very weak group, El Tri handled them easily (1-3), while they beat minnows Curacao (2-0) in a close game and played a friendly draw (1-1) vs Jamaica in last round that made the both progress. El Salvador is a decent team, Zelaya especially played a very nice tournament, but quality difference between them and big dogs like Mexico and USA is very big. USA with best guys in the team, with home field advantage and in first tournament of coach Arena back in charge they will be very motivated to well, and I don't give much chances to Salvadorians to keep it close.
Good one.:-)
Old 20-07-17, 23:17   #25
Prija
Super Moderator

Thx Gwen .

Note tonight that Canada called up Cyle Larin who missed group stages after having been suspended in MLS for drunk driving. He is back in the team, and he could make a difference at this level, he was having a very good season up to that blunder and should be fresh and ready to shine here. Him and Davies can be great combo for their national team in years to come. It should be a cagey affair tonight as odds suggest, let's see if Canadian supertalents can work some magic.
Old 22-07-17, 15:59   #26
ApostaGanha
banned

Last edited by ApostaGanha; 26-07-17 at 22:39.
Old 26-07-17, 17:45   #27
ApostaGanha
banned

USA vs Jamaica

USA

https://www.apostaganhabr.com/progno...aica-gold-cup/