BWIN Pinnacle 888sport Bet365 10BET Gamebookers Betfair BET-AT-HOME Expekt 5Dimes CANBET

Go Back   Bettingadvice forum > Soccer >
Champions League

Champions League
Predictions and analysis for CL games.
Bet on Champions League at:
PINNACLE - accept very large stakes! Low juice!

Online Sports Betting at Pinnacle Sports
BET365: Simply the best bookie for livebetting! PINNACLE: BA's all time favourite bookmaker. Great odds!

Old 15-04-17, 17:51   #1
KL1NCUNT

KL1NCUNT is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Barcelona - Juventus 19/04

KL1NCUNT is offline   Reply With Quote

PINNACLE SPORTS: One of the very best. New website!

Old 18-04-17, 18:30   #2
weedy
Super Moderator

weedy is on a distinguished road

Barca: Ter Stegen, Cillessen, Masip, Piqué, Rakitic, Sergio, Denis Suárez, Arda, Iniesta, Luis Suárez, Messi, Neymar Jr, Mascherano, Paco Alcácer, Jordi Alba, Digne, Sergi Roberto, André Gomes, Umtiti, Mathieu, Aleñá.

Well, i dunno what can be said about this return leg, but imo the qualification was lost in the first match. Barca's problems on the road were again obvious, in a rather harsh 3-0 lost game, against a Juve team that was rather cynical and exploited the chances they had. There is a recurring sickening theme, when Barca losses in this manner, their lack of intensity (them team run 95 km in this game, 5 less than in Paris, which is outrageous), the mind boggling goals they concede and the inability to score just ONE freaking goal.

Lucho had the balls, or senility more likely, to say after the game, that his tactics were perfect. Really?! Perfect?! I called it when the lineups came out, Mathieu's side was a ****ing highway, with Cuadrado ridiculing him on the first goal. How is it possible that you can defend so badly? I mean the first 2 goals are just ridiculous, especially the first one, to not even challenge Cuadrado and just let him advance with such ease, disgraceful. To make things worse you let Dybala prepare his shot, without even trying to block it... the second one is worse, cause Ter Stegen should've done more on that shot, but the same issue, nobody tries to block him. Third goal from a corner, nothing new for Barca lately, set pieces have been a challenge for them (heck they've lost 2-1 in La Coruna from 2 corner kicks). I wonder what's the reasoning of pairing Mascherano with Chellini, who is 13 cm taller than Masche grande tactics indeed...

As i said, i just can't understand how Barca can't score in these games. At 1-0 Messi imagines an outstanding pass for Iniesta, who remains 1 on 1 with Buffon and he is denied the goal, granted it was from an angle. In the second half Suarez has an 1 on 1 with Buffon, but his shot misses by inches. So there is a constant in these games, they make the other team look great, cause their display is pure crap. I'm not trying to take anything away from Juve's win, but their display wasn't anything special, Dybala's shots are just sick and could've been very well prevented, with a more careful approach in defending, while Barca misses two 1 on 1. So when Barca crashes, they burn brightly and intensely...

Regarding this game i honestly have no expectations, even if Barca is a whole other beast at Camp Nou, we wont see a PSG outcome, that match was a monumental FLUKE and that's the only one you get in a lifetime. The fact that it was a fluke is confirmed by the 3-0 in Turin, so there is no point in hoping for another "miracle", there is no solid basses for such an outcome. Imagine just that Barca has to score 3, to a team that has concede 2 goals in 9 CL games, NINE!!! that can't and wont happen, Juve wont make that mistake + Lucho will probably go for a 3-4-3 again, he is forced to do it, cause Barca needs to score a lot of goals. That 3-4-3 is a guarantee for at least 2-3 counters, which should mean at least one Juve goal.

The Catalan press said that after the game in Turin, Lucho lashed out at Neymar, Mascherano and Mathieu for their poor display, so it's fair to suggest there was some tension in the looker room. Imo if he did, he is a hypocrite, although this is rather a fact, since his stubbornness is well known by now: benching Rakitic in Jan-Feb, for whatever reasons he had, to play Andre Gomes in his place, but since that idiot is a piece of wood, he had to start playing him again and the improvement in Barca's game was obvious, with Rakitic on the field. He moved from Rakitic to Jordi Alba, benching him in Mar-Apr, deciding to start the other piece of wood in the team, Mathieu. Sure one can argue he had to give some rest to other players, nonetheless brilliant tactics by Lucho, especially in the case of Andre Gomes, who when he is on the field Barca plays in 10.

In my previous preview i said Barca were in the hunt for the 3 trophies merely by circumstances, which was proven in a span of 3 days. Barca lost 2-0 in Malaga (improvised stupid lineup by Lucho with both Andre Gomes and Mathieu starting), so La Liga is imo a lost cause, and 3-0 with Juve, with this return leg being just a confirmation, that the season is over for them (well they have the Cup final in May, but that will be a pale consolation for the season). As a fan is really frustrating to see how their season unravels, but one doesn't have a say in how the team plays and it's just a bystander, of their achievements and failures.

Betting wise, GG & 3+ should be close to a banker, i wouldn't suggest a bet on Juve, considering the circumstances and believing that Barca's players still have an once of dignity left in them, for this season, to at least win this game for the 90k+ fans, that will undoubtedly come and support them.
weedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-17, 22:21   #3
litost

litost is on a distinguished road

mat ei think u are too sensitive & overreact when talking about ur team ..tomorrow sameline up as vs sevilla in a game where cules looked close to themselves ...i know sevilla is not in top form but juve had probs when cules had possesion at turin ...we shal see ...
id not write host yet ...

as lucho says 2-0 and all suddenly they are favs ....
litost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-17, 22:54   #4
soczi
Freshman

soczi is an unknown quantity at this point

No bets for me here.

Just a general suggestion for Barca coaching staff in terms of Champions League round phase. They should give up on Messi, Neymar and Suarez in their away games and simply come to such venues like Paris or Turin with defensive minded players (dunno park a bus maybe) or at least players who are willing to give 100% in terms of overall display. The outcome would be so much better. It's not surpising they are losing heavily if some players are taking a stroll while not on the ball simply observing what's going on and flapping their hands. Pathetic. No repetition of a miracle as long as refereeing trio doesn't follow their Turkish colleagues from 1/8 "historical comeback".

Most probable results IMO 2:1, 3:1
soczi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-17, 23:11   #5
weedy
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by litost View Post
mat ei think u are too sensitive & overreact when talking about ur team ..tomorrow sameline up as vs sevilla in a game where cules looked close to themselves ...i know sevilla is not in top form but juve had probs when cules had possesion at turin ...we shal see ...
id not write host yet ...

as lucho says 2-0 and all suddenly they are favs ....
I am skeptical by nature but i think that all i've stated has been backed by compelling arguments, i wasn't just ranting as a disappointed fan of my favorite team...

This game wont be about Barca at their best against Juventus at their best, cause in that case i would have no doubt Barca would win easily, at their best no team can stop them. My view is based on their performances, i can't be that naive and expect them to make a perfect game, considering their latest games and the simple fact that they have to overcome a 0-3 deficit, against maybe the best defensive team on the planet. I would like to see things as you do, but i can't, that's more like wishful thinking.

Lucho says what he has to say, it's his job to say it, otherwise i doubt he even believes what he says...
Old 19-04-17, 01:08   #6
betcatalog

betcatalog is on a distinguished road

I expect Barcelona to leave the pitch and attack from the start, while Juventus on the other hand will try to match goes out, allowing a few steps to the goal, always with the famous Italian style, I expect very close game with few goals
FC BARCELONA vs JUVENTUS TURIN @@ +3.50 Under, odds 1.75
betcatalog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-17, 04:02   #7
Stefan1983
Freshman

Stefan1983 is on a distinguished road

I think Barcelona will get frustrated as the game progresses and cards are the right play.
Home team red @ 8 for fun next to it
Stefan1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-17, 04:58   #8
supotsichekwa
Freshman

supotsichekwa is on a distinguished road

And it felt like that this match they will be looking for another miracle in camp nou, like the one they did in PSG, I will not be surprised if this match ended on 4 more goals
supotsichekwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-17, 07:28   #9
radicke

radicke is on a distinguished road

I afraid that Juve doesn t have enough experience playing against Barca at CN.I mine you need specific way of playing-very agrresive from first min,fighting for every ball with pressure from the Barcelonas box.Simply they don t have that kind of opponnent in Seria A.They have more than obvious quality gap caz their individuals skills and players which now to finish the match with one good kick from 20-25 m and they don t have good fitnnes skills what we could see last season against Baya in Munchen when they looked tired and when Baya scored in the end of match.Their also one brilliant thing and that is Buffon and he could be key men in this clash.I must say that I took bet that Juve will gett CL tittle caz the odd is excellent-or was 10 before first match.On the other side Barca is like a goal machine-they malt from first min but it is difficult to imagine that Juve doesn t score in whole match what could make real trouble for home side.
radicke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-17, 09:12   #10
Braincat
Freshman

Braincat is on a distinguished road

Barcellona odd is dropping heavily... am I missing something? Anyway juve double chance still looks good (I took it), but all in all as someone said I believe it is going to end 2-1, 3-1 ecc...
Braincat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-17, 10:11   #11
bulletbet
Freshman

bulletbet is on a distinguished road

»Soccer» Europe »Champions League» Barcelona - Juventus

BET: JUVENTUS OVER 1 GOALS@1.95 PINANCLE 2/10

If you want more of my prematch bets and live tips, visit my personal website: www.bullet-bet.com

Line over 1 goal is properly set, each odds above 1.90 has value.

MAX LIMIT per CLICK on PINNACLE is 8108 euro.

Second match.

First leg: Juventus - Barcelona 3-0.

Basic elements of bet;

- Barcelona has to take the risk and play open from the first minute of meeting

- Defensive line of Barcelona is unstable and prone to errors

- In the last 12 matches at home, Barcelona in eight received at least one goal

- Juventus in CL in four matches on away turf in all four is scored

Players absences Barcelona: Rafinha (MF) and Vidal (DF)

Juventus players absences: Pjaca (FW)

Probable lineup Barcelona: Ter Stegen - Mascherano, Pique, Umtiti, Rakiti***263; - Busquets Iniesta, Sergi Roberto - Messi, L. Suarez, Neymar

Probable lineup Juventus: Buffon, Alves, Bonucci, Chiellini, Alex Sandro, Pjanic, Khedira, Cuadrado, Dyba***322;a, Mandžuki***263; Higuain

I expect an open meeting and Juventus to scored one to two goals.

If you want more of my prematch bets and live tips, visit my personal website: www.bullet-bet.com
bulletbet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-17, 10:41   #12
ellas98

ellas98 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by radicke View Post
I afraid that Juve doesn t have enough experience playing against Barca at CN.I mine you need specific way of playing-very agrresive from first min,fighting for every ball with pressure from the Barcelonas box.
Haven't Juve shocked Bayern doing exactly this in Munchen last year? Especially in the first half? They did not let Bayern build up their attacks by continually disrupting their passing game. Hopefully Mathieu and Gomes start again (thanks to hard headed Luis Enrique ). I trust Allegri will figure out something for tonight.

Last edited by ellas98; 19-04-17 at 10:45.
ellas98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-17, 11:06   #13
radicke

radicke is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellas98 View Post
Haven't Juve shocked Bayern doing exactly this in Munchen last year? Especially in the first half? They did not let Bayern build up their attacks by continually disrupting their passing game. Hopefully Mathieu and Gomes start again (thanks to hard headed Luis Enrique ). I trust Allegri will figure out something for tonight.
exactly but they were tired in the secound half and let Bayern come back in the end of clash.Barcelona playing even better at home than Bayern.The only good thing are wholes in the back and mediocore GK while Allegri tactic could be factor plus but for home team.The best thing in the first clash is that Buffon didn t let the machine MSN to score.
radicke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-17, 14:11   #14
alhemicar_hn

alhemicar_hn is an unknown quantity at this point

Barcelona ***8211; Juventus (Pick: Penalty awarded and scored: YES, Odds: 3,60 William Hill, Stakes: 5/10)

I don***8217;t think Juventus will gamble away 3 goals lead from the first match,however we can expect Barcelona to throw everything into attack like they did against PSG. Good news for Barcelona is that Busquets and Mascherano are coming back.Barcelona trio upfront can always create some superb solo moves and get Juventus defense into trouble,we will see a lots of fire in this match and why not a penalty.
alhemicar_hn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-17, 14:19   #15
nakedtons

nakedtons has a little shameless behaviour in the past

I believe Barcelona can stage a comeback and give Juventus a hammering. Barcelona to get a quick goal and complete the job by full time. No matter how strong Juventus's defense is, they will not be able to contain the MSN attack for long. It's time for the first El Clasico Champions League final.

Bets: Barcelona-Barcelona ht-ft, Barcelona -1.5, Barcelona to qualify

Last edited by nakedtons; 19-04-17 at 14:54.
nakedtons is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-17, 15:10   #16
FrancisWade

FrancisWade is on a distinguished road
Default Barcelona - Juventus 19/04

Juventus built their team to win the CL...Do not underestimate them. Barça will dominate the ball possession, of course, but Juve can hurt them on the counter attack.
FrancisWade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-17, 15:16   #17
acmilanfan

acmilanfan is an unknown quantity at this point

Curious that tonight will be same referee who gave hillarious penalty for Barcelona in the UEFA Champions League 2011/12, Quarter-final against Milan, 2nd leg at last minute of the 1st HT at 1:1. He gave it for shirtpulling during cornerkick, but only problem was that the ball was not in play yet.... this was the turning point of the game, since at 1:1 the result was sufficient to put Milan through, after first game ended 0:0 and Barcelona were clearly strugling to create chances, let alone score goals as their only goal in both legs so far came after another penalty, earlier in the game (no complains there ). Sounds familiar...?

As for the game juventus will score here sooner or later and after that barcelona are as good as out, unless we see another red cards/penalties uefa " miracle fiesta", which of course cannot be rulled out given what we've witnessed just last night and recently over the last several years. Other than that Moggi said in an interview for a spanish paper that barcelona are practically without a coach and as much as I can't stand him I have to agree. Enrique is a joke as tactician anyway and especially if he goes for defense in 3, as some reports indicate the game might be quite funny.
acmilanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-17, 16:29   #18
litost

Quote:
Originally Posted by weedy View Post
I am skeptical by nature but i think that all i've stated has been backed by compelling arguments, i wasn't just ranting as a disappointed fan of my favorite team...

This game wont be about Barca at their best against Juventus at their best, cause in that case i would have no doubt Barca would win easily, at their best no team can stop them. My view is based on their performances, i can't be that naive and expect them to make a perfect game, considering their latest games and the simple fact that they have to overcome a 0-3 deficit, against maybe the best defensive team on the planet. I would like to see things as you do, but i can't, that's more like wishful thinking.

Lucho says what he has to say, it's his job to say it, otherwise i doubt he even believes what he says...

well one thing less to worry is lucho having another rant fielding mathieu as hes out of call

i still believe barsa can get his near to top level ...ive seen them in last month coupel of games were midfield looked ok and still no matter juve only received two goals i cant see those rivals too heavy they had till now and at least couple of those games they were highly pushed by ref f.i at sanchex pizjuan they were struggling till the english referee who is now at middle east counting money ... starting throwin reds to sevilla players just couse he wanted to do so ...

so no matter stats .. if MSN is well and i have no reason to beleive they will not be at least 2 out of 3 parts of it -MSN_ ...wait let me call it MSN(i) this time so at least 2 but likely 3 or more parts of that society shall have ok game ..then i see no defense in world football stoping them ... atletico has trieed but most of times fails ... so pipole says oh no way juve will come to defend deep ... MY friend there is no other way at CN ... all sapnish sides with 10-2'+ games on back at NC know u can not play face to face at NC WHOLE game .... u may do it from the start but at soem point ull run out of gas then get hammered last 30 mins ... or do liek most do ..start caoutoisly ... then open lines last 1/3 of game if ure likely not to be 3 down by then ... old biacht no matter how old or b`ch is will feel the pressure like all due and at turin we saw catalans able to crete turmoil at their areas with not so many problems ....

everything point to lucho this time starting with 4 defenders ... he believes more in step a atime than in what happened vs psg ... its not likely juve will receive two cheaps goals withing the first 40 mins ... but i also believe barsa was not at best vs 100% ..they can be better and if that shows then blacwhites stripes better start praying ....

so all in all i think catalans can turn up and show their game but another matter is if it will be enough to turn such a score vs a side that can defend properly ...

i say same as vs psg ... and world of football has become moer a matter of offensive systems always on top of defensive ones unlike in 10+ years back ... nowadays goals usually galore an ddefend deep is not way to go ..can u go face to face at NC .. i doubt it ... with out of this planet MSN(i) ..everything can hapen ...

ter stegen on otehr hand was below averega at turin . when hes usually quite sharp keeper ....

for me pre KO not for big stakes ... will have some low stakes on barsa -1 -2 -3 & goals galore ...but avobe all watching brief act accordingly ....

Last edited by litost; 19-04-17 at 16:34.
Old 19-04-17, 16:35   #19
litost

ref factor is another one to ponder ... i doubt juve will be dish by uefa .. so it shall be harder than vs psg .then again this time is "only" 3-0
Old 19-04-17, 18:46   #20
weedy
Super Moderator

Lineup posted by litost confirmed.

Lets see what happens, the best part about this lineup is that it's way more stable on the defensive end...
Old 19-04-17, 19:16   #21
Albier
Freshman

Albier is on a distinguished road

First of all, seeing Allegri's lineup, he will not plant the starter bus. 4-2-3-1 is a good lineup to counterattack and I am sure that although it is possible that the barsa press much first 10-15 minutes, Mandzukic and Higuain are also going to press up to Pique and Umtiti to cause failures playing the ball out of defence and with Pjanic and Dybala able to filter passes in depth, defense of barcelona suffers much with this type of players (See Real Sociedad or Valencia score easily). Allegri looks to score in the first half and kill match as soon as possible, as he did in the first leg and last year in Munich, as you mentioned above in your comments. 90 minutes in the Camp nou are very long and the puppet Emery already suffered the consequences of planting the bus 90 min. Also you have to take into account the strategy plays, Juve with a lot of power there, and they will look for also score in these situations where the barsa is low and weak.

Barsa will go 4-3-3 in the defensive phase, and 3-4-3 in attack, with Alba and Sergi Roberto of pure wingers, with Messi Playmaker. They will leave many spaces behind and in many occasions Mandzuckic and Higuain will have a 2vs2 with Umtiti and Pique. Surely Barça will score but also concede. Luis Enrique according to the press said that they had to make 5 goals to pass, he also knows that it is very difficult to keep to zero.

I'm going with Juve scores +0.5 goals in first half @2.50 in BF.

And I'll put some coins for fun to Juve score on both halfs @ 4.6.
Albier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-17, 19:27   #22
litost

yeap enruique says that to cover himself but i am sure his pre match talks is all about keeping cs at all cost ... i rather take celta and sevilla games at CN as measure than vs valencia ( ahead of fifa week ) and real sociedad ( on turmoil and ahead of this one ) ..and txuiri urdin can actually make any rival look poor as they are one of best possesion based team sin europ aatm ...

still i have to agree its hard to seee giube not scoring ... as above said set pieces alone will be a handicap just like atletico did so many times vs cules ..

and i doubt lucho wants SR defending back to deep ... hell be above most of game with busquets and puique having a watching brief then act accrodingly imo .....
Old 19-04-17, 19:37   #23
Bettingmind
Freshman

Bettingmind is on a distinguished road

We believe in goals here, not surprisingly. Besides that, Juventus + 1,5 looks like value as we believe this will be a close one and Juventus will find the net at least once.

http://bettingmind.com/football/EU/c.../betting-tips/
Bettingmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-17, 23:19   #24
freak13

freak13 is on a distinguished road

Hate Juve, but this was old school Italian defending. Abs lovely to watch. Knew Barca had no chance in normal circumstances, but was thinking they will manage to score and not lose today as they're still strong at home. Best draw for Juve is def Monaco, despite the fact they are scoring for fun, they are still not nearly as experienced as the other two teams left. Game with Atletico will give them a slight advantage(60vs40 may be) but will be a bloodbath and you never know. Real not a good draw.

Hopefully Atletico or Monaco wins the whole think, as I'm tired of money and power dominating another year. Not watching another Madrid final
freak13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-17, 23:34   #25
soczi
Freshman

soczi is an unknown quantity at this point

They had to score at least 3 goals.... they managed one attempt on target. End of story.
soczi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-17, 00:38   #26
Albier
Freshman

Albier is on a distinguished road

Higuain is pure crap. He shoot twice times in first half and was slow and fat. Now I remember because Madrid threw it, that failed to empty goal against O.Lyon ..... Sincerely, I do not know how I can bet on goals in favor of a team in which he is, I had overconfident by the good moment of attack of Juve. Dybala disappeared and Cuadrado tried everything but no luck.

Barça started very well, attacking fast with good pace but the defense of Juve, very solid and compact, and many interruptions and fauls, ended up despairing Barça stars as the minutes passed. Iniesta is in bad shape and Barça notice it. He and Messi are the only ones who can create a magic pass and tonight both was awful. Bravo Juve!!

Both bets failed. Keep trying it!

GN.
Albier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-17, 16:36   #27
WiserthantheCrowd

WiserthantheCrowd is on a distinguished road

I've punted on Juve to win this thing at 13 and based on what I've seen so far I'd rate them as the best team left in this competition. Playing Real Madrid in the SF would be tough for them but otherwise there is a very good chance that they'd get in the final so bring it on...
WiserthantheCrowd is offline   Reply With Quote