BWIN Pinnacle 888sport Bet365 10BET Gamebookers Betfair BET-AT-HOME Expekt 5Dimes CANBET

Go Back   Bettingadvice forum > Other sports > Other Sports

Other Sports For those of you wanting to discuss other sports not mentioned in their own subforums. Could be golf, sailing, table tennis, athletics, formula1, etc
Expekt - 100% bonus, get it here!!!

Online Sports Betting at Pinnacle Sports
BET365: Simply the best bookie for livebetting! PINNACLE: BA's all time favourite bookmaker. Great odds!

Old 12-02-17, 22:16   #1
Macot
Super Moderator

Macot is on a distinguished road
Default Snooker - Welsh Open 13/2/2017 - 19/2/2017

Date: 13.2.2017
Sport: Snooker
Event: Welsh Open
Start time: 11:00
Game: Dominic Dale (Eng) v Zhang Anda (Chi)
Pick: Anda @2,35 or more!
Bookies Offer: Bet 365 @2,37!
Stake: 5/5
Analysis:
These days, Snooker events are going on day by day. We are in the middle of 40 days of snooker events without stopping! Not a single day... That is fantastic for players, who can win more money and also for us who can enjoy their skills every day!
First round of Welsh Open, which is played in Cardiff and we will take Chinese player. He already played Dale this season and won 5-1 so I really don`t understand these odds. Both of the players are in about the same level of form and they both have their plusses and minuses.
Dale of course is more expirienced and he is a professional for more than two decades. But he is also very sloppy player, he misses many certain shots and gives oponent additional oportunities. A solid player, but not spectacular.
On the other side, Chinese is good potter as all of his compatriots, but he probably lacks in safety department and tactics. Still, his style will be perfect for Dale: he will use Englishman`s mistakes and should be able to win again. My call is 4-2 Anda!
GL all!

PINNACLE SPORTS: One of the very best. New website!

Old 13-02-17, 12:02   #2
Macot
Super Moderator

This was total ****, terrible performance by Anda.
Old 13-02-17, 21:08   #3
Macot
Super Moderator

Date: 14.2.2017
Start time: 16:00
Game: Andy Hicks (Eng) v Martin O`Donnell (Eng)
Pick: Hicks @2,85 or more!
Bookies Offer: Pinnacle @3,01!
Analysis:
We will conclude our offer with a bet against Martin O`Donnell. Yes, we are betting on a player that during his pretty long career did not achieve a lot. But O `Donnell is a player of low profile who did not win against any of important players yet. He even managed to lose against players like Stefanov etc... tells a lot!
And how he is such a favourite is beyond my understanding. His last games were all losses: Stefanov (4-5), Fang Xiaongman (never heard about him) 2-4, Oliver Lines (5-6), Barry Hawkins (0-4), Marco Fu (3-4), Matthew Stevens (3-5). He did win his last qualification match for China Open against Tchepchaya (5-4) and that is actually all.
On the other side, Hicks at least is a pro with expirience and some better wins this season. In the period from 1994 and 1996 he managed to reach 4 ranking event semifinals (World Championship among others) and although he did not repeat thos results later, he is an able player. Recently he managed to win over strong Luca Brecel (5-3), otherwise his results are similar to those of O`Donnell.
I can see a tight match, 4-3 is my call!
GL all!
Old 14-02-17, 12:48   #4
roderik
Freshman

roderik is an unknown quantity at this point

perfect tip! even my greedy -1,5 frames came through...
roderik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-17, 13:55   #5
Macot
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by roderik View Post
perfect tip! even my greedy -1,5 frames came through...
Hehe, fantastic.
And he was 0-2 behind, but then started to play really well, a few great breaks. Hicks was once (between 1995 and 2000) a very strong player, I counted on his expirience, otherwise he is now an amateur.
O`Donnell is reall a poor player and that was a factor, too.

But don`t back Hicks in the next round, if he plays against a serious player, he will have no chance.
Old 14-02-17, 22:57   #6
Macot
Super Moderator

Date: 15.2.2017
Start time: 11:00
Game: Fergal O`Brien (Irl) v Chris Wakelin (Eng)
Pick: Wakelin @2,20 or more!
Bookies Offer: SBO Bet @2,23!
Analysis:
Two snooker picks for tomorrow, both pretty solid. The first one will be between two older players. Irish veteran O`Brien has a solid season, he managed to win 57% of the games he played, but never made any important result (some top 16 finishes). He is a typical player of the old school, solid safety play and good break builder. But of course, not so constant as he used to be.
Wakelin on the other side is a kind of up and down player. Again, a couple of very solid results (one quarterfinals and several solid performances), but very unpredictable. Able to win against strong players, but also to lose to Mr Nobody...
They played twice in renent years, Wakelin won 4-2 in 2014 European Tour event and O`Brien won 10-8 in World Championship qualifier. So, everything is pretty evenly matched: but odds are great on Wakelin. My call is Wakelin, 4-2!

Date: 15.2.2017
Start time: 14:00
Game: Jackson Page (Wal) v John Astley (Eng)
Pick: Astley (-2,5) AH @2,50 or more!
Bookies Offer: Bet 365 @2,50!
Stake: 10/10
Analysis:
Now, this is my present to all of you: a really strong pick with strong foundations. We will bet on a professional player at his best, with a great season, his best so far against 15 years old prospect, who got to ask for a free day from his school: he was granted it and managed one of the biggest surprises of the first round!
But the fairytale will end here. If analyse Page`s win it will soon become obvious that it was a result of a scrappy match. For sure Jason Weston (who is 46 years old semipro, without any important wins in his career) underestimated the kid, he was 3-1 up but lost on respotted black (3-4).
Now there will be no underestination: Astley, who was Quarterfinalist in Riga masters, among best 16 in India Open and who won against players like Joe Perry, Ryan Day, Mark King (twice) and Kyren Wilson this season will treat this match very seriously as he know this is a great chance for another great torunament. Everything but 4-0 would be a surprise to me: under condition that Page recieves another leave from school... otherwise this pick will be void. ***61514; ***61514; ***61514;
GL all!
Old 15-02-17, 14:51   #7
Macot
Super Moderator

I can not believe 15yo is trashing a pro.
The point is, all the frames are scrappy, which shows total lack of motivation and concentration from Astley.
I expected he will take the match seriously.
Sorry for this mates, really. A terrible pick.
Mac
Old 15-02-17, 23:17   #8
Macot
Super Moderator

Date: 16.2.2017
Start time: 13:00
Game: Jimmy Robertson (Eng) v Scott Donaldson (Sco)
Pick: Donaldson @2,25 or more!
Bookies Offer: different bookies up to @2,29!
Analysis:
Well, today it really went all wrong. I can not believe what Astley did against that youngster, scrappy frames and at the end he lost it: but otherwise, there was a ton of curprises, O`Sullivan out, Murphy out, Fu out and also Neil Robertson out, the competition is wide open now and for me Barry Hawkins is a favourite again! Of course, Selby and Bingham are also still around, but it wil be tough to win against Barry.
These two players are of the younger generation and they are pretty evenly matched. Both managed to achieve some good results this season, but lately, Donaldson really started to flourish. He managed to qualify for China Open, beating Wakelin. Here he already eliminated Lisowski and King and in European Masters he eliminated Bingham and Brecel. He is very capable to continue winning here.
His oponent Robertson also managed several good runs in tournaments, but lately he also had two first round exits and here won against rather average players (Mehta, 4-3 and Slessor, 4-2).
This is a typical 50-50 match so odds are great value! My call is 2-4!

Date: 16.2.2017
Game: Judd Trump (Eng) v Jackson Page (Wal)
Pick: Trump (-2,5) AH @1,75 or more!
Bookies Offer: no offer yet!
Stake: 10/10
Analysis:
By no means is this chasing the losses and bby no means is this a pick out of rage. Simply, I am well aware of what 15 years old Page can achieve and if he could win twice (4-3) against average pro`s, he will surely have no chance against one of the best players around, a player that is known for his great potting abilities.
Odds are not yet available, but I do propose you take this when it will be out: anything but 4-0 will be a huge surprise for me!
GL all!
Old 16-02-17, 14:28   #9
Macot
Super Moderator

That is better: both won 4-0 and that is the way it should always be.

Regarding Trump, I gave estimation of odds because they were not out yet when I posted the pick, but I saw that they started around 1,80 and later were between 1,40 and 1,65.
I hope you managed to get best possible offers for -2,5 handicap.
GL!
Old 16-02-17, 23:01   #10
Macot
Super Moderator

Date: 17.2.2017
Game: Scott Donaldson (Sco) v Zhou Yuelong (Chi)
Pick: Donaldson @2,00 or more!
Bookies Offer: not on offer yet!
Analysis:
Finally, Quarterfinals in Cardiff, great competition, incredible surprises and so these two players are now getting the chance to compete in their first finals of their careers! Both Donaldson and Zhou are young prospects and will be eager to qualify one step further.
Donaldson as said yesterday is a young Scot player and his season is getting better and better. He played 31 matches this season on the tour and won 19 of them. Here he eliminated Lisowski (4-1), King (4-2), Jimmy Robertson (4-0) and finally Mark Davis (4-3). He also qualified for China Open winning 5-2 against Chris Wakelin. So, his form at the moment is great and he surely is confident now.
Zhou Yuelong on the other side is one of the young Chinese who are coming and he also plays in some great form. He eliminated Saengkam (4-1), Davison (4-1), Muir (4-1) and finally veteran Lee Walker (4-0). Results are very telling, although he did not play against any better players so far.
This is going to be a tight contest, my call is 4-3 win for Donaldson.
GL all!
Old 17-02-17, 18:05   #11
memo4uhere
Freshman

memo4uhere is an unknown quantity at this point

Gj So far,,Ty
memo4uhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-17, 23:07   #12
Macot
Super Moderator

Date: 18.2.2017
Game: Scott Donaldson (Sco) v Judd Trump (Eng)
Pick: Trump (-3,25) AH @1,85 or more!
Bookies Offer: Bet 365 @1,85!
Analysis:
Finally, we will continue to back Trump: he is now favourite #1 to win this tournament and I expect him to do so. Note, they will play to 6 frames tomorrow, so to win the bet, Trump needs to win 6-2 or more. But that is exactly what I expect from him. He is a great breakbuilder and in really strong form. Yesterday he won against the other most in form player Hawkins and that will give him additional confidence.
For Donaldson this is the best result of his career already. He exceeded all expectations, won all the games he needed to but did not play a real top player so far. I watched him today against Zhao and although he had the game under control, it was a scrappy match and Donaldson was making small contributions that brought him over the line at the end. But against a player of Trump calibre, he will find it tough.
I expect Trump to continue with a surge, my call is 6-1!
GL all!
Old 19-02-17, 10:01   #13
Macot
Super Moderator

Today is the day for finals and I expect a very tight and tough battle. I propose you take Bingham: he showed some really good snooker here and although he still makes occasional mistakes, he was impressive, especially in the semifinals whith he won 6-0.
The problem with trump is that he is too confident: he is not yer so strong as he thinks. The typical thing that happened here in Wales was that he was making break, up to 40-50 but then made a mistake or poor positional shot. He was punished by Hawkins all the time, but Barry was extremely unlucky (or Trump lucky) in the decisive frame and Trump managed to win 5-4. Against Bingham he will be under pressure again and I think he might falter.

Odds @2,55 on Bingham are fantastic as this is 50-50 contest. It is not a fluke that Bingham is World #2 and Trump only #4.
GL
Mac