BWIN Pinnacle 888sport Bet365 10BET Gamebookers Betfair BET-AT-HOME Expekt 5Dimes CANBET

Go Back   Bettingadvice forum > ChitChat and Competitions > Contests/Competitions

Contests/Competitions Forum contests and other competitions run by BA or other websites. Join and win!!

PINNACLE - accept very large stakes! Low juice!

Online Sports Betting at Pinnacle Sports
BET365: Simply the best bookie for livebetting! PINNACLE: BA's all time favourite bookmaker. Great odds!

Old 03-05-17, 02:03   #2851
f1ght3r

f1ght3r is an unknown quantity at this point

The way POD is set up it encourages 'gut feeling' contestants rather than tipsters who provide winners. Wasnt that the point? Its Pick Of the Day after all.. not all the Picks ]b]For]/b] the Day. A limit to 2.80 is fine but all it does is limit the potential max points imo. Those who take o3.5 blindly could just take o3.00 and be on the safe side.. in fact, you might be doing them a favour. As for the picks which provide no info I agree in the general case but imagine if somebody has set up his own betting system and potentially doesnt want to share his secrets to which the bookies might adapt? Its highly unlikely here but still possible. I think what most users and non-users look for here nowadays is winning picks, they couldnt care less about useful info or any kind of discussion. So I'll repeat what I suggested a year or two ago - add a bonus for those with 9/10 and 10/10 wins to even things up with 'odds seekers'. For example 500 for 10 straight wins at 1.50 + 200 bonus gives you 700 overall or 10*2.00+200=1200 and even with 3.50 odds seekers you can still win the contest.
f1ght3r is offline   Reply With Quote

PINNACLE SPORTS: One of the very best. New website!

Old 04-05-17, 16:51   #2852
Quill

Quill is on a distinguished road

A contestant cannot enter the competition if there are less than 10 days left in the month.

Yet, are they allowed to win with less than 10 PODs?

Especially if the 10th POD was made in the last day of the month, so where from do you deduct 100 points if a 10th POD would not even have been possible to be made?

Yes, automatic deduction doesn't require days, but it still defies logic and current rules.

That is equivalent to entering the competition with 9 days left in the month.

If so, competitors should be allowed to enter the competition even with 7 days left in the month, because if they score 7 winners, no problem deducting 300 points, they still get the podium or even win the competition.

Therefore some more changes/ adjustments to the rules are required.
Quill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-17, 17:09   #2853
j6u1uv4n4

j6u1uv4n4 is on a distinguished road

Just prioritize the "hit rate" not the amount of units gained. This way punters will rather pick smaller odds and give more reasoned picks, since hitting the big odds won't give them an edge anymore.

The one who won 8 out of 10 picks and posted constantly at 1.9 odds is a much worthier winner than the one who won 5 picks at 3.50 odds.

Raise the smallest unit bet to about 1.80 odds and make hit rate the priority and bank size secondary. That way the system will favor punters that don't just play o4.5 goal lotto.
j6u1uv4n4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-17, 08:23   #2854
ellas98

ellas98 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpico_re View Post
i have a question, what is the rule if at the end of the month, people have same number of points? who has advantage?
The bitrate that j6u1uv4n4 suggests could be a decisive factor as well. In the spirit of the above discussion about the purpose of POD, the more winning picks would be awarded.
If it is still undecided, time for penalty kicks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quill View Post
A contestant cannot enter the competition if there are less than 10 days left in the month.

... some more changes/ adjustments to the rules are required.
I committed this in April. Still, I agree with Quill. Ten valid picks should be rewarded.
ellas98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-17, 08:30   #2855
ellas98

ellas98 is an unknown quantity at this point

And it would be good to see the Ps OD in the relating thread and be able to comment on them.
ellas98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-17, 08:30   #2856
Quill

Quote:

Especially if the 10th POD was made in the last day of the month, so where from do you deduct 100 points if a 10th POD would not even have been possible to be made?

Yes, automatic deduction doesn't require days, but it still defies logic and current rules.

That is equivalent to entering the competition with 9 days left in the month.

If so, competitors should be allowed to enter the competition even with 7 days left in the month, because if they score 7 winners, no problem deducting 300 points, they still get the podium or even win the competition.

Therefore some more changes/ adjustments to the rules are required.
OK then...

For this month I've already got 3 PODs, but you know what I'm going to do?
Depending on the results, if I think I'm in a good position, I'll wait for the final 5 days of the month and post 5 winners, one for each day, 27th, 28th, 29th, 30th, 31st of May.

I'll make sure I get nice odds, so then with 8 PODs I want to be there on the podium.
I'm not saying it's easy, I'll just set this as a personal challenge for me.

Of course I expect to get the prize if I finish in top 5.
Old 08-05-17, 16:27   #2857
Macot
Super Moderator

Macot is on a distinguished road

Quote:
OK then...

For this month I've already got 3 PODs, but you know what I'm going to do?
Depending on the results, if I think I'm in a good position, I'll wait for the final 5 days of the month and post 5 winners, one for each day, 27th, 28th, 29th, 30th, 31st of May.

I'll make sure I get nice odds, so then with 8 PODs I want to be there on the podium.
I'm not saying it's easy, I'll just set this as a personal challenge for me.

Of course I expect to get the prize if I finish in top 5.
Mate, I think we don`t need to make so much fuzz about it.
The rules are the same for all, Foxxcs already showed that he tries to be proactive, we have changed the rule for max odds and that is OK.
Regarding number of picks, this is POD, regarding giving 10 picks as a must: someone who is not motivated to give a good pick (due to poor record that month) is better not giving it.
Regarding the tactics you will try, I see nothing wrong with it, give 8 picks and get -200 and it is ok, if you win the price, you deserve it and it will be paid to you. I see no problem.
When I was moderating POD (some 7-8 years ago) we had the rule that you need to post 10 picks in order to get the reward, but due to what I wrote above and what you wrote, I see no problem if someone gives less and gets deduction and still win the compition.
GL all!
Old 11-05-17, 04:58   #2858
Quill

"Playing for the fans"

How many of you actually believe in this... (self-censored word here) story, so that you base your "overs" bets on it, when you don't have other arguments to put in?

I don't.

Yet, many... punters here still feed us this story, that teams play for the fans.

For fans is when there is a charity match.

For fans is when Barcelona or Real play mug teams and they make a show of it, because the difference between them is so big that they can afford it.

Even when they have nothing to play for, most of the times the result is a big nothing too, because it's in their nature that the moment they step onto that pitch, they play for the win. If they can get it.

They certainly don't think "let's concede a couple of goals to entertain the fans!"
Would you be entertained if your team let in a couple of goals "to please you, as their fan"?

For fans is when two teams of old legends gather together to play a game for old times’ sake.

“For fans” is for advertisement purposes.

Would you rejoice and be happy if you went to a football match and your team lost 1-4?

Would you say “Oh, it doesn’t matter that they lost, they played for ME!
They allowed 4 goals into their own net, so I know that they played for ME too, because I am their fan”.

All players step on the pitch with the desire to win first of all.

Most of the times with the paycheck in mind.

Most of the times with the contract extension in mind.

Sometimes with national team selection in mind.

That's why their first thought is to win.

In the big picture fans come last.

m2c
Old 12-05-17, 09:50   #2859
Sabelius

Sabelius is on a distinguished road

http://forum.bettingadvice.com/showp...1&postcount=11

My bet was wrongly counted, by adding only 180, while 250 should be added.

Please fix it foxccs.
Sabelius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-17, 09:52   #2860
Nesquik

Nesquik is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabelius View Post
http://forum.bettingadvice.com/showp...1&postcount=11

My bet was wrongly counted, by adding only 180, while 250 should be added.

Please fix it foxccs.
it wasnt brou

http://forum.bettingadvice.com/showp...postcount=2833
Nesquik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-17, 09:50   #2861
Valverde

Valverde is an unknown quantity at this point

http://forum.bettingadvice.com/showp...80&postcount=7

I know that it's not the best way to defend myself after missed pick, but wasn't it posted too late and should not counting as Stage 18 started at 13:00 CEST, while my pick was posted at 12:08 CEST.

http://www.giroditalia.it/it/tappa/tappa-18-2017/ ---> PARTENZA GARA 13:00
http://forum.cyclingnews.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=33253 ----> START TIME: 13.00 CEST

I would be really pleased foxccs if You will check it and eventually correct my balance.

Thanks and sorry for confusion.
Valverde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-17, 07:33   #2862
foxccs
Administrator
Site admin

foxccs is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valverde View Post
http://forum.bettingadvice.com/showp...80&postcount=7

I know that it's not the best way to defend myself after missed pick, but wasn't it posted too late and should not counting as Stage 18 started at 13:00 CEST, while my pick was posted at 12:08 CEST.

http://www.giroditalia.it/it/tappa/tappa-18-2017/ ---> PARTENZA GARA 13:00
http://forum.cyclingnews.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=33253 ----> START TIME: 13.00 CEST

I would be really pleased foxccs if You will check it and eventually correct my balance.

Thanks and sorry for confusion.
yeah, I didn't noticed that
will be corrected
foxccs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-17, 18:01   #2863
Prusina

Prusina is on a distinguished road

Hello , I just want to write a few things about my opinion on this rule change and the posts that were written.

I myself had a lot of months where I post 2-3-4 picks and then don't pick anymore. I mean it is just too booring when I loose my first 3 picks and I see someone hitting 3 draws and I have like 0,1% chance of catching up with them.

So in conclussion - this is a great change , and it will be a better competition for sure ! Looking forward to be posting again !
Prusina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-17, 15:38   #2864
MarianoV6

MarianoV6 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarianoV6 View Post
wow a lot of things have change here! Good discussions on the last 10 pages or so.

So the new limit is 2.80 now and it has been corrected at POD rules. Has anything else change at POD rules? I don' see bet365 anymore there for example, odds from there don't count anymore?

Hmm, somehow this post was at Standings, did i do that?
MarianoV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-17, 18:51   #2865
KL1NCUNT

KL1NCUNT is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarianoV6 View Post
Hmm, somehow this post was at Standings, did i do that?
Nothing else changed but odds from 3.50 to 2.80. Bet365 is still allowed of course. Fox said that he will work on updating the available bookies another month as well because a lot of them are not serious in 2017. So hopefully that will change as well soon!
KL1NCUNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-17, 20:42   #2866
Serpico_re
Freshman

Serpico_re is on a distinguished road

Hi, can someone answer me this: POD tennis match interrupted due injury, how is this counted in POD? -100p? lost posting one pick? or i can replace bet?
Serpico_re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-17, 18:59   #2867
Prusina

Prusina is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Hi, can someone answer me this: POD tennis match interrupted due injury, how is this counted in POD? -100p? lost posting one pick? or i can replace bet?

It depends on the bookmaker.
If you play on Bet365 for example whenever the match is interrupted you get odds of 1.00 (void bet). But you have bookies that have rules of 1 point (if match has started and 1 point was played the bet is lost if your player surrenders or won if the opponent does) you have 1 set rules (it is preety selfexplenatory - if 1 set is over and then someone forfeits you lose/win the bet , but if it is abandoned in 1st set it is void (1.00) ...
Prusina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-17, 22:39   #2868
Serpico_re
Freshman

2aham, ok thanks for answering, it was Bwin play, and i played 3 sets, so 1 set won by french pair, and second set they were losing 5-3, and opponent didnt continue, so the bet would be won. So i dont know how this is gonna count, if some of moderators can help me with this it would be nice.

ATP-D GBR-LON R16
DANIELL M./DEMOLINER M. - HERBERT P-H./MAHUT N.
4-6 5-3 and Frenchmens won, so this was going in three sets most probably

from Bwin tennis rules:
All other bets that are determined (i.e. the outcome is already decided) at the time a player retires are valid and will be settled accordingly. All bets that are not decided at the time a player retires are void.

so if it is void, i lost one pick and it counts as 0 points?
Old 22-06-17, 08:13   #2869
Mindozas

Mindozas is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
2aham, ok thanks for answering, it was Bwin play, and i played 3 sets, so 1 set won by french pair, and second set they were losing 5-3, and opponent didnt continue, so the bet would be won. So i dont know how this is gonna count, if some of moderators can help me with this it would be nice.

ATP-D GBR-LON R16
DANIELL M./DEMOLINER M. - HERBERT P-H./MAHUT N.
4-6 5-3 and Frenchmens won, so this was going in three sets most probably

from Bwin tennis rules:
All other bets that are determined (i.e. the outcome is already decided) at the time a player retires are valid and will be settled accordingly. All bets that are not decided at the time a player retires are void.

so if it is void, i lost one pick and it counts as 0 points?
Sometimes it's valuable just to go and read rules thread Here you go:

Quote:
Regardless of every bookies policy in order for a bet to stand, the game (whatever sport) must end normally. If (for any reason) it is suspended then any picks on this game will be considered as VOID!
Mindozas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-17, 08:24   #2870
Serpico_re
Freshman

i understand that, and thank you for answering, and yes i red that, but few months ago i lost a pick simillar to this bcs of bookie rules for bet. So...
Old 26-06-17, 18:45   #2871
BABABAST

BABABAST is on a distinguished road

PS: here you can take a look at the complex situation http://www.promiedos.com.ar/primera

and al-gor just posting tips only by chasing dropping odds without any explanation at all, just writing crap to fill the rows.........
BABABAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-17, 10:18   #2872
alextimi
Freshman

alextimi is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiveboy View Post
We have a hosts which are big favourite to win the game, scoring most of their goals in the current season right at home.
At home they are 8:4, away they are 9:11
alextimi is offline   Reply With Quote