This site is for adults 18+ due to gambling/betting content. If you have a problem with gambling issues, or need information, please visit:
Gambling Help Online Gamblers Anonymous Gambling Therapy Gamble Aware Jugadores Anonimos JugarBIEN BeGambleAware GamCare

Go Back   Bettingadvice forum > Soccer >
Champions League

Champions League
Predictions and analysis for CL games.
Bet on Champions League at:
PINNACLE - accept very large stakes! Low juice!

Online Sports Betting at Pinnacle Sports
BET365: Simply the best bookie for livebetting! PINNACLE: BA's all time favourite bookmaker. Great odds!

Old 23-07-18, 17:40   #1
Wilson
Super Moderator

Wilson is on a distinguished road
Default CFR Cluj (Rou) - Malmo FF (Swe) 24 Jul

2.06 3.17 3.59
Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote

PINNACLE SPORTS: One of the very best. New website!

Old 23-07-18, 18:30   #2
sirac

sirac is on a distinguished road

Well as a general note romanian footy is typical fading material, joke of a league and no real prospects to change that. Of course CFR does look like a serious team, with money invested in experienced players and decent coaches but its just for the sake of fast success, they always done that and it is a good recipe since local league is just too crap. But regarding euro level they are ofc nowhere and this speculative approach of their can only work with big luck and lowly opponents. Dont know much about Malmo, to be honest i watched them last round at Orebro and i wasnt impressed but the game was affected by heat and was lacking real tempo. Malmo used high line of pressing and suffered at dead balls. Main strenght of CfR is dead balls, they main course on scoring goals so judgeging from what i saw they will have a hard time making a clean sheet, ofc if they use same tactics but i guess they will be more deep and play rather safe, will just have to wait.
It is not a good moment for CFR. Won supercup vs Craiova and drew in first round at home vs Botosani leaving a not so great impression. Coach Edy Iordanescu was brought to change that shamefull long ball and defense first of Petrescu which was regarded as shamefull by local fans. Watching his post game interviews you can see they have issues: physical level not at best, too short time for coach to change mecanism as they still go long for the tall striker or deep for the winger and new coach wants shorter passes and more creativity but the team is basically the same from last year and they lack creativity. Odds look fair to me and if i were to bet i would incline Malmo but dont really know them that well and they dont strike me as solid as i would expect a swedish team to be and they missed top-scorer Rosemberg at Orebro, dont know his status atm. Prolly will wait for in-play to get a bigger picture.
Old 24-07-18, 09:45   #3
WiserthantheCrowd

WiserthantheCrowd is on a distinguished road

You're not the only Romanian that is a bit critical of the local league and sceptical of the potential of CFR...

Romanian football may not be on the up but on balance I still think that the Romanian league is a tad more competitive than the Swedish league... Malmo certainly isn't at the same level where they were in 1979 when they lost the Intercontinental Cup to my favorite club - Olimpia Asuncion.

Of course Malmö is used to dominating the Swedish league (as the Bayern of the Allsvenskan) but right now they're 11 points behind AIK Solna who lead the league and sit 8 points behind Norrköping who are in 3rd place (the last place for EL qualifiers) and have a game in hand. Crucially they will also play Norrköping this weekend which is a must win game for Malmö. Cluj, on the other hand, are under less pressure given the nature of the Romanian league (with playoffs of the top teams after the regular season). Cluj will play newly-promoted Dunarea away this weekend.

While Malmo has experienced a real turnaround under Uwe Rösler, I do favor the Romanians to win the playoff although I think they may also struggle to qualify for the group stages. I've taken Cluj to qualify at 1.85.

Although they dominated Botosani last weekend, Cluj failed to get anything out of that game. Partly that was due to Edy Ioardanescu taking a very cautious approach and fielding an unchanged side from the team that won the league last year. But Cluj have acquired some talented younger players and Ioardanescu could field a younger and more dynamic side tonight...

Overall this should be a fairly-even contest but I favor Cluj to qualify.
WiserthantheCrowd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-18, 10:14   #4
Juzni vetar
Freshman

Juzni vetar is on a distinguished road

I also appreciate the Romanian Championship as better than the Swedish.
I think Cluj is a favorite to continue and should take an advance on his own field
Cluj 1 DNB 1.57
Juzni vetar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-18, 12:05   #5
WiserthantheCrowd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juzni vetar View Post
I also appreciate the Romanian Championship as better than the Swedish.
I think Cluj is a favorite to continue and should take an advance on his own field
Cluj 1 DNB 1.57
Those odds seem a bit low. Pinnacle offer the AH(0) for 1.7. At the moment it seems the odds on Cluj are rising so it may get to 1.8 or 1.9. I think those odds are worthwhile.
Old 24-07-18, 13:37   #6
IFKG

IFKG is on a distinguished road

Probably around 60/40 advantage at home for Cluj. Maybe 50/50 in the return leg. Romanian league is better than the swedish. Particularly the bigger romanian teams a step up in class for the likes of Malmö. MFF been poor this season. Slightly on the upswing lately, but still wont be enough. If odds are at 1,80-1,90 thats real good!!

Last edited by IFKG; 24-07-18 at 13:41.
IFKG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-18, 13:46   #7
IFKG

I should also mention the fact that swedish teams playing in europe this time of year have a ridiculous game schedule. We often see them totally drained physically. You see this with AIK in their last Europa league game. They looked smoked physically in parts of the game. The swedish FA need to somehow fix this anual problem from reacurring.
Malmö have now a decent bench with new signings like Christiansen and Co. Malmö therefor maybe can handle it better though than the avarage swedish side!?

Sidenotes: prelific central balancing midfielder Bachirou not taking part in the game. A strong position for Malmö though. Should not effect that much.

Last edited by IFKG; 24-07-18 at 13:55.
Old 24-07-18, 14:35   #8
ilunga mwepu

ilunga mwepu is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by IFKG View Post
I should also mention the fact that swedish teams playing in europe this time of year have a ridiculous game schedule. We often see them totally drained physically. You see this with AIK in their last Europa league game. They looked smoked physically in parts of the game. The swedish FA need to somehow fix this anual problem from reacurring.
Malmö have now a decent bench with new signings like Christiansen and Co. Malmö therefor maybe can handle it better though than the avarage swedish side!?

Sidenotes: prelific central balancing midfielder Bachirou not taking part in the game. A strong position for Malmö though. Should not effect that much.
Swedish teams had five weeks off over the summer, and there haven't been any midweek rounds since they came back. Ok it has been hot, and AIK and Hacken were poor last week in those second legs that they didn't need to win, but it's nothing to do with the schedule. AIK have played two league games since 26th May. It's also surely less hot in Sweden than most places in Europe. If AIK were smoked because of a couple of extra games in the schedule against Shamrock Rovers, it suggests some deeper problems.
ilunga mwepu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-18, 15:45   #9
IFKG

Im only concluding what everyone in swedish club football mention regarding this issue. Malmö coach said his team played 8 games inn3 weeks. Fairly rarely do we have the WC as well. Malmö is one of few clubs that can cope with this problem for sure tho.
Old 24-07-18, 16:22   #10
IFKG

Anyway, Cluj should win this at home. 1x Ill go for this together with some other bets.
Old 24-07-18, 16:54   #11
raskolnikov_
Freshman

raskolnikov_ is on a distinguished road

again, I see this as a BTTS match and odds look tasty to me @2.37
raskolnikov_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-18, 17:09   #12
IFKG

Wow! Thats a great one. Malmö at times wobbly at defensive set pieces where I heard Cluj was good at scoring as well. Malmö could potentially score if Strandberg and Rosenberg are in good mood.
Old 24-07-18, 17:47   #13
litost

litost is on a distinguished road

and yet another muppet !! FO!!
Old 24-07-18, 17:49   #14
Juzni vetar
Freshman

Juzni vetar is on a distinguished road

Arlauskis butter hands and 0-1.I get lucky to close my bet 5 minutes before this goal.
Juzni vetar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-18, 17:50   #15
IFKG

lmao big goalie mistake.
Old 24-07-18, 17:50   #16
IFKG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juzni vetar View Post
Arlauskis butter hands and 0-1.I get lucky to close my bet 5 minutes before this goal.
Lmao you bet 0-1? Well done haha
Old 24-07-18, 17:52   #17
IFKG

BTTS still possible. Malmö have looked a bit wobbly in defence at times lol
Old 24-07-18, 18:01   #18
WiserthantheCrowd

First half looked starved of real chances. Cluj was stronger on counters whereas Malmo looked stronger in set pieces but then came Strandberg on a counter and he left the Romanian GK stranded - completely CLUJless...
Old 24-07-18, 18:01   #19
IFKG

Those with knowledge about Cluj. How strong is this team. Are they favs to win the league again? Or Steaua better?
Old 24-07-18, 18:08   #20
sirac

Quote:
Those with knowledge about Cluj. How strong is this team. Are they favs to win the league again? Or Steaua better?
They are even bigger favorites than last season as Fcsb got weaker and they dont seem to impress. I wozldnt exclude a possible surprise like for example Dinamo to win it depending on their transfers but thats a long long shot. For me its CFR tittle to lose but that cause they dont have real contender as they are not a strong team by any means. Last season it was more a flip coin as they won it mostly cause Fcsb was really poor.
Old 24-07-18, 18:40   #21
IFKG

Thanks Sirac!!!
Old 24-07-18, 18:55   #22
sirac

My God what a calamity of a game. Typical muggish affair between two joke leagues representatives. Actually CFR was even worse than i thought, absolute of a disaster team. Malmo bossed the game tacticaly, they were more solid and faster due to low level of physical preparation for romanian outfit but they werent interested in scoring more while CFR just cant do more at this moment. I just dont see how return leg will be different. CFR will struggle once again, another bad game for under lovers.
PS: Youre welcome, IFKG
Old 24-07-18, 20:31   #23
rulers
Freshman

rulers is on a distinguished road

Ha! Same story every year on this forum. Romanian posters telling up to bet on Romanian teams, how good they are,.. and end result? they always lose.

Easy fade every year. Keep up the good work guys.
rulers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-18, 21:16   #24
sirac

Quote:
Originally Posted by rulers View Post
Ha! Same story every year on this forum. Romanian posters telling up to bet on Romanian teams, how good they are,.. and end result? they always lose.

And the dumbest post of the year goes to:....rulers! Congrats!
Im the only romanian who posted here and by no means i've suggested CFR. Good contribution to the forum. Keep up the good work! Wait...what work?
Old 24-07-18, 21:52   #25
WiserthantheCrowd

True, the Romanian news I read (translated via Google) was rather skeptical of Cluj's prospects...

For me this was a pretty even game that should have ended 0-0 if it wasn't for Arlauski's blunder. I was positively surprised to see that Cluj were fighting and were the stronger side after the Swedes scored. They came close to equalizing while the Swedes were running out of gas. But it will obviously be tough for them to turn things around now...

I actually didn't think the game was that bad. It was as good as anything I've seen from the Danish, Swedish, Czech or Polish leagues. It certainly was much better than what I've seen in Veikkausliga or the Bolivian or Peruvian leagues.

The reality is that while the gap between different national teams has been narrowing, the gap between different leagues (i.e. those that are highly capitalized and those that aren't) has been increasing. And the Romanian and Swedish league fall into the latter category... Part of the problem is that just about everyone in Sweden, Poland, Romania, Czech, etc. has a second favorite team that they are following in Bundesliga, Premier League or La Liga. At the same time, no one in England or Spain is following a Swedish or Romanian team. So while we may say that Malmö are the Bayern of Sweden, no one (even in Sweden) would claim that Bayern are the Malmö of Germany - the same holds true for Steaua... You need money (or fame) to make money... The talent gravitates to where the money and fame is and so does the media... The sheep follow the herd... And the merry go round keeps on spinning...

Last edited by WiserthantheCrowd; 24-07-18 at 22:08.
Old 24-07-18, 22:56   #26
IFKG

Excellent post! I thought it was a fairly evenly balanced game. Perhaps Cluj havent warmed up yet. Just the beginning of the season for them. I thought they came back nicely after Malmö scored. The away team looked a bit tired too late on. Still a lot to play for and Cluj must still believe they can turn it around. Im a swede and I say the game should perhaps ended 0-0 or 1-1. It was a blunder by the goalie for Cluj that cost them dearly.

I am very impressed by attacker Strandberg by the way. Great talent and Sweden under-21. Hes sprung alive since the new coach came to the club.

Last edited by IFKG; 24-07-18 at 22:59.
Old 26-07-18, 09:12   #27
Nesquik

Nesquik is on a distinguished road

CFR Cluj looked they were in vacation

btw they fired the coach because of this it seems the impact of losing Dan Petrescu was way too much. Iordanescu Jr couldnt cope, now it will be 3rd coach Toni Conceicao
Nesquik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-18, 09:14   #28
Nesquik

Quote:
Originally Posted by rulers View Post

Malmo are a bit below average but they were better maybe than in some other years. CFR Cluj lost Dan Petrescu who signed in China, he was a master

Petrescu locked up team and played long ball, new coach was playing combination because CFR board kinda sacked Petrescu for his defensive play.

of course, on home field Malmo are much, much better
Old 26-07-18, 09:18   #29
Nesquik

Quote:
Cluj got luck a bit because Steaua couldnt make it last year in crucial game from Iasi and not only, but in fact CFR under Petrescu was playing very good football

last day it was at 30% and considering previous coach knew the qualities of the players, and played British long ball and very good locked up team, it will be hard now with the new coaches.

I wouldnt be surprised CFR Cluj to end up 5th in Romania, not hugely impressed by the squad but Petrescu was such a good coach..
Old 26-07-18, 11:32   #30
Nesquik

9 players including Arlauskis and Tucudean didnt want the coach Iordanescu Jr anymore

so they will have another coach https://www.gsp.ro/fotbal/liga-1/sca...nt-544765.html