BWIN Pinnacle 888sport Bet365 10BET Gamebookers Betfair BET-AT-HOME Expekt 5Dimes CANBET

Go Back   Bettingadvice forum > Soccer >
UEFA Europa League

UEFA Europa League
Picks and analysis and discussions for UEFA Europa League games.

Bet on European football at:
BET365
100% bonus for new clients, superb odds and great live betting !!

Online Sports Betting at Pinnacle Sports
BET365: Simply the best bookie for livebetting! PINNACLE: BA's all time favourite bookmaker. Great odds!

Old 24-09-17, 23:59   #1
Wilson
Super Moderator

Wilson is on a distinguished road
Default Lyon - Atalanta 28 Sep

1.86 3.51 4.06
Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote

PINNACLE SPORTS: One of the very best. New website!

Old 25-09-17, 22:22   #2
Breizhtois

Breizhtois is on a distinguished road

If Atalanta is going in Lyon with their full squad, the value is clearly on them and those odds are a total nonsense.

The match is in only 2 days but news and infos from Italian fellows will be useful so far.
I'd like to know if Atalanta cares about this competition (but it seems yes), that's always the question about EL matches.
And if Atalanta coach will rotate or not for this match.
Breizhtois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-17, 23:02   #3
Kint_
Freshman

Kint_ is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes if there is value in this game is on Atalanta. They're going with full team, only important absence is defender Toloi injured, and Ilicic is in doubt but will probably not be risked. Rest of team is fully fit with dangerous striker duo Gomez-Petagna in front. I rate Gomez as one of the best player in Serie A.. lack bit consistency and continuity.. otherwise would be playing in a top team. It might be Atalanta can make couple of change but they're playing as a unit and even the bench is not that deep I don't think they will be affected.

Atalanta sold their best talents to top italian teams in summer and replaced them with some other youngsters and couple of Dutch midfielder (de Roon and Hateboer) and organization of the team still good, as well as the results. It's really a good group playing together and helping eachother and with good connection with city and fans.

Coach Gasperini said they want to go through in the cup, of course.. this is what he must tell to journalists .. but part from that there is really big enthusiasm in Bergamo for the team back in Europe after 26 years. Atalanta has great fans and they will travel in big numbers in Lyon. No rotation and players fully motivated to show their value in Europe.. that's for sure.

I saw couple of Lyon games ending 3-3 at home, their defence is just terrible, and Atalanta is normally well organize behind and will not concede a lot. So for Atalanta +0.5 if still above 1.90 I'd go for it.. there is some value.. but moderate stake.. still EL
Kint_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-17, 10:00   #4
Bodza
Freshman

Bodza is an unknown quantity at this point

There is a big difference between Lyon and Atalanta. Lyon is a big club, playing Europe competitions for years and have a lot experience with this type of tournaments.

Final will be played in Lyon, so they will be very motivated, but beside that, they play at home and they are better team! For me, this is clear home win. Atalanta in nothing but average team, playing their best games at home stadium, with no experience in Europe, and no depth on their bench.
Bodza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-17, 10:36   #5
Breizhtois

Yes, Lyon is a big club but it's just a name.
What's happening on the pitch is an other story.
And Bozda, from the expected starting line up, i see Aouar, Ndombel and Mendy who have never played a single european match except the 1st one against Limassol, and Tete and Tousard who have played only few Europa League match in their career. And Mariano who has played few Champions league match with Real but those matches weren't important.
So, no, they don't have a lot experience, the team is very young and quite unexperienced.

Lyon is playing with motivation since the beggining of the season and they still conceede at almost every match, especially at home.
3 against Bordeaux, 1 against Guingamp, 3 against Dijon.
Hopefully, they have good offensive players and guys like Fekir, Traoré, Mariano can make the difference against poor defenses.

This club is in total mess, the coach is hated by every fans because he don't have any tactic skills and he's making stupid and nonsense choices at EVERY match.
If Lyon has a so shacky defense, and it was already the case last season, why did they sell Mammana to Zenith this summer ? Because Genesio didn't like him while he was so far the best and most promissing defender.
I even know some friends who support Lyon and they would like to see the team losing this match and the next ones to see this coach sacked, they're tired to see the club going in that direction (probably no Champions league again next season).
So, the atmosphere in the club is bad, fans are not enthousiastic about this Europa League and i don't think playing in this stadium will be a big deal for Atalanta.
Moreover, Lyon have to win even if a draw won't mean they will be eliminated.
But Everton should make the job in the other match i guess, so a win would be appreciated if they don't want to be in trouble after only 2 games.
And this is the perfect situation for the Italian side.
Lyon is simply unable to attack/put pressure and defend in the same time during 90 minutes. Every recent matches are showing it.

Atalanta Over team 1 @ 1,77 for me.
I don't want touch the match odds market, simply because Lyon matches are usually going in every directions and this match can be crazy like the recent ones in Ligue 1.
But seeing the terrible Lyon defense making a clean sheet against this Atalanta side which have Gomez and Petagna in the attacking line, which playing with confidence and motivation ... it will be a surprise for me.

Last edited by Breizhtois; 28-09-17 at 10:45.
Old 28-09-17, 10:50   #6
Carovie

Carovie is on a distinguished road

In this match I had in mind the possibilitie of the over 2.5 goals and Reading your comments, it seems could be a good idea
Carovie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-17, 11:25   #7
takerozzo

takerozzo is on a distinguished road

Yes Atalanta care a lot to this competition cause they wont have problems in Serie A to avoid relegation but at the same time wont be easy to stay in the first 6 positions , so they'll enjoy at the best EL this time. With a mixed squad of young talents and experienced players they will cause problems to Lyon as the french side doesn't have a strong defence.
takerozzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-17, 11:55   #8
MODESTOM

MODESTOM is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodza View Post
There is a big difference between Lyon and Atalanta. Lyon is a big club, playing Europe competitions for years and have a lot experience with this type of tournaments.

Final will be played in Lyon, so they will be very motivated, but beside that, they play at home and they are better team! For me, this is clear home win. Atalanta in nothing but average team, playing their best games at home stadium, with no experience in Europe, and no depth on their bench.
Lyons squad is very young and unexperimented. Of course there is lot of talents in the team, but dont forget this factory. We all know how italians teams are able to take advantage from their defensives tactics. I would like to try Atalanta dnb
Old 28-09-17, 12:30   #9
Nesquik

Nesquik is on a distinguished road

stay away from this, French users are always underrating their clubs. indeed, some were awful in Europe even before groups being eliminated in more seasons by teams like 'Videoton'. laughable absolutely.

but Lyon now arent even with lesser quality like when they lost to Astra Giurgiu (at least though they were still better than 'Montpellier', 'Bordeaux', etc - btw, this new Bordeaux is only a shadow of the past)

these Lyon just some weeks ago played amazing footy, so dont understimate them!

on the other hand, Atalanta are also quite solid and with the Argies months ago they have been good in Italy.

I would say both to score maybe and probably over, some would score 2 goals, but stay away! both sides can play good football when they reach potential and real level. now it is true recently Lyon didnt do it and for Atalanta it is too early to say.

small stakes if you want on over 3.5 @ 3.00

PS. remember I have told you that Nice are going to kick Ajax or to be 'THERE' (equal)!
Nesquik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-17, 12:54   #10
Breizhtois

That's what i said indeed, the match could be crazy if Lyon defense is at the same level than recent weeks.
That's why it's almost impossible to guess the result but it looks clear that it will be an entertaining match and we should see some goals tonight, i'll watch the match and if i don't see at least 3 goals i'll be dissapointing.

Few euros on 2-2 @ 12,50
Old 28-09-17, 12:58   #11
Nesquik

Nesquik is on a distinguished road

in my mind also both to score and over 2.5, but who knows, thats why I try over 3.5 even if I lose..

because I prefer to lose smaller stakes than bigger. what if the approach of Atalanta will be underish and Lyon will be impotent? thats why I cant recommend different..
Nesquik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-17, 16:03   #12
davey

davey is on a distinguished road

I would play it safe and take over 1.5 total goals, it's currently 1.28 but I'll wait for kick-off and hope no goal is scored before I can get 1.35/1.40
davey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-17, 17:27   #13
Nikko

Nikko has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Doubt that Atalanta can win in Lyon if french go with full squad and serious approach.
Nikko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-17, 19:25   #14
Kint_
Freshman

Offical line-ups.. I Think Lyon has 2-3 players of international level .. rest of the team is same level or worst then Atalanta, considering Atalanta play much better as team, and I see a very solid midfield, Lyon at home got 3 goals from Bordeaux and 3 goals from Dijon. I saw both games and they have very often black out in defense and defensive midfield. Odds for +0.5, are now too low.. so +0.25 I think Atalanta can even win this game.

LIONE (4-2-3-1): Lopes; Tete, Marcelo, Morel, Mendy ; Tousart, Ndombele, Traoré, Fekir, Aouar, Diaz.
ATALANTA (3-5-2): Berisha; Masiello, Caldara, Palomino; Hateboer, Cristante, De Roon, Freuler, Spinazzola; Gomez, Petagna.
Old 28-09-17, 20:01   #15
janmisiok

janmisiok is on a distinguished road

What about over 3.5? seems sensible. I see few tipsters have the same in mind
janmisiok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-17, 20:02   #16
janmisiok

janmisiok is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by davey View Post
I would play it safe and take over 1.5 total goals, it's currently 1.28 but I'll wait for kick-off and hope no goal is scored before I can get 1.35/1.40
looks like Soros
40% for free
janmisiok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-17, 21:28   #17
fc arges

fc arges is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MODESTOM View Post
Lyons squad is very young and unexperimented. Of course there is lot of talents in the team, but dont forget this factory. We all know how italians teams are able to take advantage from their defensives tactics. I would like to try Atalanta dnb
OMG cant believe it's you...some dreams really come true!!
fc arges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-17, 22:12   #18
Kint_
Freshman

Very high intensity in the game, Lyon dominated 1st half, Atalanta defending well but took a goal before the end, 2nd half Lyon bit tired and Gomez scored free kick and at the end Atalanta had bit more energy. Both team playing very motivated. Lyon deserved to win so I must say it was lucky bet. I think those two teams showed motivation enough to bet on them next rounds. They will both go further in the group.
Old 29-09-17, 11:24   #19
davey

davey is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by davey View Post
Winner alright. $$
davey is offline   Reply With Quote