This site is for adults 18+ due to gambling/betting content. If you have a problem with gambling issues, or need information, please visit:
Gambling Help Online Gamblers Anonymous Gambling Therapy Gamble Aware Jugadores Anonimos JugarBIEN BeGambleAware GamCare

Go Back   Bettingadvice forum > Soccer >
Champions League

Champions League
Predictions and analysis for CL games.
Bet on Champions League at:
PINNACLE - accept very large stakes! Low juice!

Online Sports Betting at Pinnacle Sports
BET365: Simply the best bookie for livebetting! PINNACLE: BA's all time favourite bookmaker. Great odds!

Closed Thread

Old 11-04-18, 10:48   #31
ellas98

ellas98 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miccho View Post
Come on, mate, you are inventing new rules here.
Even if I support Liverpool, this was a 100% clean goal. There is no such thing as "offside when the ball is passed from your team-mate, but not deliberately". What offside if no Man City player touched the ball at all before it reached Sane - there were two touches by Liverpool players instead. The refs just didn't see it came from MIlner leg, they thought it came from the body of the Man City player, who charged for the ball (but never got a touch on it)
I am far from inventing new rules. I was talking about the case when the ball arrives from the opponent, not a team-mate.
You might be right about the referee that he made his decision that way.

This excerpt is from this season's FIFA rules, p93-94:
"A player in an offside position at the moment the ball is played or touched by
a team-mate is only penalised on becoming involved in active play by:
...- gaining an advantage by playing the ball or interfering with an opponent
when it has:
- rebounded or been deflected off the goalpost, crossbar, match official or an
opponent...

A player in an offside position receiving the ball from an opponent who
deliberately plays the ball (except from a deliberate save by any opponent) is
not considered to have gained an advantage."

The way I saw it, and checked it in the highlights as well, is the above happened.
The question is if Milner's touch was deliberate.
But I accept that we can judge it differently.

Last edited by ellas98; 11-04-18 at 11:08.

PINNACLE SPORTS: One of the very best. New website!

Old 11-04-18, 10:56   #32
ellas98

ellas98 is an unknown quantity at this point

OK!
I read it again. The first part of the excerpt is not relevant.
But, I think the last sentence can be applied here.

But you might be right. This is not the case at all. The ref did not see it coming off Milner.

Whatever it was the ref made up his mind by, disallowing the goal was right, I think.

Last edited by ellas98; 11-04-18 at 11:02.
Old 11-04-18, 11:02   #33
latortuga

latortuga is on a distinguished road

Actually maybe he did see it come off Milner but immediately jumped to the situation of who becomes the active GK? The broadcast I watched was English and they immediately asked ex-ref Chris Foy his opinion and he said correct decision. It wasn***8217;t until he reviewed at HT did he realize his mistake. Anyway done now and hopefully the intro of VAR will help eradicate these glaring errors and maybe my bets might have won?***55357;***56853;
Old 11-04-18, 11:36   #34
takerozzo

takerozzo is on a distinguished road

Roma showed that it's possible beating spanish teams in CL if you play 11 against 11 and not 11 against 14... freakin cheaters
Old 11-04-18, 12:17   #35
latortuga

latortuga is on a distinguished road

Let***8217;s move on to tonight***8217;s games...

Sending these from my phone so no time for in depth write ups, apologies.

Real Madrid v Juve - similar thinking to my Roma bet im happy taking the +1 AH here with Juve with all the pressure off both sides and potential for the game to go through the motions. Not sure RM can play any better than in the 1st leg so this could be a let down here and I***8217;m tempted to back a CS draw bet as well.

Bayern v Sevilla - Bayern were clinical in the 1st leg with Sevilla looking a number of levels below Bayern. I expect Bayern to go for the jugular here and happy with the -2 AH.
Old 11-04-18, 13:27   #36
litost

litost is on a distinguished road

what an absolute shock barsa game at roma .. iŽd not call it surprise of the century couse this things tend to hapen at cup competitions and specially in europe but when you see who is involved it does make you wonder whats on players mind ....

i think this team is spoiled by fact messi usually saves their arses at NC whatever circumstances ... it has hapened so many times they took it for granted ...
fact is at NC roma could have scored 3 ... allready had problems vs chelsea ..

valverde is good coach .. .... cant be denied ... he made team solid ...but made them so speculative prone that it ended firing back .... you can not speculate so much couse soem days things go worng and when you need to click on and change mindset its too darn late ....

above all valvered even warned on press conference day be4 .... and we all know in italy its never easy .... messi is cracking layer but with barsa on road is a bit like with albiceleste does not come near his top performance ...

congrats to AS ........ at least not same muppets always at last stages ...

il be cheering for roma - liverpool final ....

cheers
Old 11-04-18, 16:48   #37
Dex

Dex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by litost View Post
what an absolute shock barsa game at roma .. iŽd not call it surprise of the century couse this things tend to hapen at cup competitions and specially in europe but when you see who is involved it does make you wonder whats on players mind ....

i think this team is spoiled by fact messi usually saves their arses at NC whatever circumstances ... it has hapened so many times they took it for granted ...
fact is at NC roma could have scored 3 ... allready had problems vs chelsea ..

valverde is good coach .. .... cant be denied ... he made team solid ...but made them so speculative prone that it ended firing back .... you can not speculate so much couse soem days things go worng and when you need to click on and change mindset its too darn late ....

above all valvered even warned on press conference day be4 .... and we all know in italy its never easy .... messi is cracking layer but with barsa on road is a bit like with albiceleste does not come near his top performance ...

congrats to AS ........ at least not same muppets always at last stages ...

il be cheering for roma - liverpool final ....

cheers
Valverde good coach? Are you joking?
He doesn't know what to play when Roma start pressing
Old 11-04-18, 17:46   #38
litost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dex View Post
Valverde good coach? Are you joking?
He doesn't know what to play when Roma start pressing
lol so now hes guilty couse yesterday his dumb players did not realize where they were getting into ....

did you see 3 goals scored by AS .... 3 jokes ... individual mistakes by farsa players ..
3-0 syas it all ..
suarez blocks semedo and manolas has a free header ....
what you mention .. but of course when u coach barsa u know they will always try to play ball from defense .... valverde changed that this seaosn .. but yesterday some how even him had an off day ....

barsa looks way better & in control under valverde than under lucho ... but balls its on players roof once in pitch ... my guess is diference its enrique took team just after WC and this year we have wc and players are allready trying to save efforts at all times..so times misjudging situation like yesterday ....

Juve +1 1.8 9.99u / G 1.65 11u / over 3.25 2.3 9u /
Clear value on goals and probably juve getting at least a draw or a narrow win .... it does not matter ties is almost settled ....
this is 1/4 of CL and teams will not let themselves go specially juve but also real ... it will be high tempo and when tie is 100% settled....
now its 95% ... then playesr will keep on trying hard .. that why goals are likely .. vechia signora has proven many time sthey are not to be understimated even so behind in score .. almost did it at bayaŽ some years ago ...did it at spurs ... truth is real is playing ok lately ...
april comes .. CL tune is in teh air and muppets wake up .... ronaldo free scoring ... navas on his A game ... modric & kross doin their sheet .. and so on .... still games at bernabeu under zidane always very open even if outcome is usual in their benefit ... today host have some defensive problems as the boss ramos is out ... and nacho usual B plan is out as well so ... youngster vallejo will start .. heŽs usually great so maybe not probs ... of course black whites miss their best atacking player dybala but its not like juve has not a wide suad .... and they recover infleuntial Pjanic ... & mandjucik ... italians had their chances in first tie so i reckon they will have them here and at least one will go in ..... locasl with usual 11 ...it seems isco is now the joker as bale and asensio lost their position ... after yesterday farsa exit ..ronaldo will feel like kid on new shoes ... and will enjouy everyminute on it ..so hard to see real not scoring tonight vs buffon that looks like passed his prime long ago .. locals have best midfielders around and best side defenders in world football imo ... carvajal and marcelo .- specially both class apart atacking spaces - ....
all in all ... some 2-2 3-2 expected ...

Sevilla +2.25 1.65 9.99u / over 3.25 1.65 10u / over (4) 2.35 9u / +(1) 3.7 7u / over (5) 4.5 6u
Hard to see how on earth sevilla will manage not only to score twice wich is the easiest part of the ecuation but not letting german
powerhouse well oiled machine delievering lately by all accounts scoring at least 3 themselves vs a defense arising many ? even more w/o
Kjær that will leave right defensive flank in hands of mercado and navas ... latter is doing great yet hes not defender and will be caught off guard many times ... whilst mercado is not fastest guy on earth but pareja and carrizo just came from long injuries ..... so reds will have freeway through there no doubt

guest recover key player banega .... something wich talks in their favour is sevilla is allreday succesfull being here so not so much pressure and despite so many crashes away from pizjuan lately - eibar , vigo , valencia , moscow .... they somehow in europe always lift their game and have hit soem headlines over years -- allready this season undefeted in tricky places like anfield ( lucky ) and old tratford - ... their game with ball is quite sound at moments - correa , vazquez and sarabia growing along - and lets not forget they did not deserve to lose at first leg
.. that big diference beteen them and f.i real ... white muppets deserve to lose vs PSG but end up trashing them 3-1 .. sevilla is on top most part of game vs baya .. but do not believe in it .. play small team style ..and receive two easy goals handes on silverplatter to bayern ...and thats another part of ecuation ... montella made the keeper issue being a bigger problem that it was by benching rico all of sudden couse huge pressure is on soria wich clearly is not handling so well ...

host resting players weekend .... frescoring ... their average at home must be above 2.5 .... but i see sevilla scoring here an dwhy not at least being on contest for goodpart of game ... whatever a 5-0 or a 3-2 ..goals very likely to poor in ..

Last edited by litost; 11-04-18 at 18:24.
Old 11-04-18, 22:45   #39
Nesquik

Nesquik is on a distinguished road

awesome bets, Litost

btw, it was clearly a penalty
Old 11-04-18, 23:04   #40
Nikko

Nikko has a little shameless behaviour in the past

This is a disgrace, that wasn't a penalty, but a great legit reaction from a defender...not even 1% a penalty, but when you WANT to give a penalty, you can. Not to mention the moment in which he did this.

He totally destroyed this whole match-up, not just this game, he made even first game pointless. But that's what happens when you're small soul, weak and prone to pressure.

Last edited by Nikko; 11-04-18 at 23:06.
Old 11-04-18, 23:21   #41
Nesquik

Nesquik is on a distinguished road

I am not Real fan, but I really wonder if it was really a penalty. I really think it was a very clear penalty

what do you say, guys? plus there are some international refereeing opinions? if not I will phone Craciunescu or Porumboiu
Old 11-04-18, 23:45   #42
KL1NCUNT

KL1NCUNT is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nesquik View Post
awesome bets
wtf brou

over 3.25 1.65 10u / over (4) 2.35 9u / +(1) 3.7 7u / over (5) 4.5 6u
Old 11-04-18, 23:57   #43
takerozzo

What a useless league, fuc*ing spanish teams. I'm tired of this ****, every year the same story.

Last year with Bayern , this time with Juve.

It's a shame. Let's put Real straight to the final next year and let's fight for the last spot.

GG florentino, we kicked your ass in your home in front of the world.
Old 12-04-18, 00:07   #44
radicke

radicke is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by takerozzo View Post
What a useless league, fuc*ing spanish teams. I'm tired of this ****, every year the same story.

It's a shame. Let's put Real straight to the final next year and let's fight for the last spot.

I agree with you.I dunno see the sense of watching CL after group stage.
Old 12-04-18, 00:31   #45
FrancisWade

FrancisWade is on a distinguished road

https://twitter.com/jomesband/status...556169217?s=12
Old 12-04-18, 13:44   #46
litost

lol the football world has lost it ...

too much emotions ....

im not dubious here ..id love to se white muppets out in such style ..even more joining the other cule muppets ... we are tired of those powerhouses wining everything "by law" ....

but call that "call" a robbery ..disgrice and so much bullsheet is hilarius ...

thats be 80% a pk by any ref at any game in a range of say 1-80 minutes of agame ...

i agree at 93 th minute ..not many refs would have guts to call it ...but not calling it would be a biiger disgrace than doing it ...

why would not refs would be calling it ...! couse its 93th minute and would hurt someone ..here is where real comes to ecuation ...sure if it was sevilla or athletic - juve ...

probably 90% of refs would have look other way ... but this one did right thing ...

thats a foul in middle of pitch 100% ... therefore its a pK ..END OF STORY !!

and please to the whipinŽ bambinos around let me remind you how juve reached final last season with some 30 minute reds or one of the biggest disgrace in cl history wich is game at pizjuan in november ... sevilla should have never lost that one if some calteemburg who retired afterwards and is counting money some where would have not wanted it ... OKY DOKY ! alongside barcelona reFC like Ovrebo at chelsky or aytekin vs psg ... well barsa had many of those ...

probably after barsa is juve second best pulling strings tough i must say florentino learnt and he has done Sorpasso ha ha he lol ..... to the old biatch ...

you see bambino ... this is a disgrace

https://es.soccerway.com/matches/201...us-fc/2348406/

..last night is just right decision not usual made by refs ....
Old 12-04-18, 13:59   #47
litost

actually the low life clattemburg did not retired hes at arab leagues wich suit him way more ....
Old 12-04-18, 14:20   #48
zodiaccc
Freshman

zodiaccc is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

definetly right and especially with Real at Bernabeu where since decades meanwhile every 2-3 years Referees cheat their opponents, cant be by Chance anymore. Sure a nice girlie is waiting in Hotel room of the Referee each time such decisions were made. A disgrace to every honesty in Football - Real cheating their way to titles once more.

Still there is hope: Liverpool next round as Opponent and they are OUT.
Old 12-04-18, 15:26   #49
takerozzo

Quote:
lol the football world has lost it ...

too much emotions ....

im not dubious here ..id love to se white muppets out in such style ..even more joining the other cule muppets ... we are tired of those powerhouses wining everything "by law" ....

but call that "call" a robbery ..disgrice and so much bullsheet is hilarius ...

thats be 80% a pk by any ref at any game in a range of say 1-80 minutes of agame ...

i agree at 93 th minute ..not many refs would have guts to call it ...but not calling it would be a biiger disgrace than doing it ...

why would not refs would be calling it ...! couse its 93th minute and would hurt someone ..here is where real comes to ecuation ...sure if it was sevilla or athletic - juve ...

probably 90% of refs would have look other way ... but this one did right thing ...

thats a foul in middle of pitch 100% ... therefore its a pK ..END OF STORY !!

and please to the whipinŽ bambinos around let me remind you how juve reached final last season with some 30 minute reds or one of the biggest disgrace in cl history wich is game at pizjuan in november ... sevilla should have never lost that one if some calteemburg who retired afterwards and is counting money some where would have not wanted it ... OKY DOKY ! alongside barcelona reFC like Ovrebo at chelsky or aytekin vs psg ... well barsa had many of those ...

probably after barsa is juve second best pulling strings tough i must say florentino learnt and he has done Sorpasso ha ha he lol ..... to the old biatch ...

you see bambino ... this is a disgrace

https://es.soccerway.com/matches/201...us-fc/2348406/

..last night is just right decision not usual made by refs ....
Never read a lot of bulls*it like in this post.

Wtf are u saying? It's never a penalty, Vazques was falling down before Benatia touched him. That's never a penalty , either in the 1st minute and in the 90th.

Sa are u saying that a foul in the middle of the pitch is equale as a foul in area? So there should be something 40 pks per game. Just ridicolous.

The whole world is embarassed with stupid 33 years old Oliver... In the first leg 2 penalties haven't been gave to Juve. 2 CLEAR penalties.

Real is just too politically powerfull, and playing that way it's a shame!

But for stupid Uefa the most important thing is that pussy wet cr7 will play the final and be the sexiest player on the world. 20 times tried to simulate yesterday, 0 yellow card. Dybala tried once in the firts leg, yellow card.

This is EMBARACCING and who tries to defend this is embaraccing too.

Good life
Old 12-04-18, 15:39   #50
litost

mate seriously ... can you really say there is not contact that makes vazquez lost balance ..
well never know how strong the contact is ..but that goes with all penalties ..watching in slow motion looks like nothing .. watching it real time for me its clear pk ....

clearly touches be4 and throughfully more vazquez body than ball .....

another issue is how frustrating for buffon , juve and italians in general it is ....

after such great comeback losing it in last second feels so darn unright .. tell atletico at lisbon ..

after italy out of wc - partly due to spain - throwing out both barsa and real would have been great revenge ..... wow in style .. and some spaniards me included not part of this cule-whites antagonism would not be sad about it ......

btw i see no one commenting on this dubious call ....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5CFw-Lvv20

if ref and linesmen would have been redirected no better action like this one to act ....
Old 12-04-18, 16:03   #51
litost

Quote:
Never read a lot of bulls*it like in this post.

Sa are u saying that a foul in the middle of the pitch is equale as a foul in area? So there should be something 40 pks per game. Just ridicolous.
absolutely ...specially when ure in front of goalie .....

Quote:
The whole world is embarassed with stupid 33 years old Oliver... In the first leg 2 penalties haven't been gave to Juve. 2 CLEAR penalties.
another story ..as said above one of teams im not unhappy this alledegly hapens is juve
- im talking about fact ref decides to call it not wether if its or not ofr me 100% yes -

mate ..even some cule pundits agree its penalty .. i watched argentina talk football shows ..most pundits ..ex players agree its penalty and we know argentina is 50 italy 50 spain ....
Old 12-04-18, 16:19   #52
takerozzo

Again, are u seroius???

Isco has his shoudler offside - So right decision.

Then football is sport of contact, is not volleyball ok? So you have to understand that Vasquez falls as he is touched. Well he dives actually.

Then post videos for the handball of casemiro in firts leg and the penalty not given to cuadrado.

I repeat, defend real and the chois of Oliver is simply ebaraccing.

Idgaf what argentinians are saying. I'm tired of this fuc*ing useless spanish teams like Barca and Real madrid. 1st leg between Barca and Rome , 2 CLEARLY penalties not given to Rome, what are we talking about? Piquè yellow card in the penalty in rome!!! REALLY????

If you dont see nothing strange, then you have problems. Every year the same story! And what Real did to Bayern last year is another SHAME. Vidal sent of for nothing, Casemiro neihter a yellow card. And then cr7 scores with 2 metres offside.. come on, BE SERIOUS
Old 12-04-18, 16:29   #53
litost

casemiro clear penalty ...

i partly agree with you barsa in CL has been embarashing the way res pushed them through .. i even protested yeras before bridge disgrace vs chelsea ..vs some portuguese club benfica or porto ..they would get reds at 40 mins ..just like that ... it was probably villar work ...

even real with that pepe red card was done by refs vs barsa....

i do not like real ..at all .. but i do not think they have been helped like barsa ....

u mention those penalties but juve should have never allowe such goal first minutes ... by ronaldo ...

but above all .. that a 100 penalty !! ... there are actually 2 penalties ..firts pushing with hand then with leg through arms .... anyone that does not see that a pk is biased or blind ... or claims football is rugby or smthg ....

isco offside well sure it can be called or NOT ...

and bottom line after last year disgrace win in sevilla .. from minute one... that a disgrace ref performance in every cal... i feel not sorry about juve thx .....

i hope like some poster above liverpool throw them white mupets out ...
Old 12-04-18, 17:02   #54
takerozzo

Quote:
casemiro clear penalty ...

i partly agree with you barsa in CL has been embarashing the way res pushed them through .. i even protested yeras before bridge disgrace vs chelsea ..vs some portuguese club benfica or porto ..they would get reds at 40 mins ..just like that ... it was probably villar work ...

even real with that pepe red card was done by refs vs barsa....

i do not like real ..at all .. but i do not think they have been helped like barsa ....

u mention those penalties but juve should have never allowe such goal first minutes ... by ronaldo ...

but above all .. that a 100 penalty !! ... there are actually 2 penalties ..firts pushing with hand then with leg through arms .... anyone that does not see that a pk is biased or blind ... or claims football is rugby or smthg ....

isco offside well sure it can be called or NOT ...

and bottom line after last year disgrace win in sevilla .. from minute one... that a disgrace ref performance in every cal... i feel not sorry about juve thx .....

i hope like some poster above liverpool throw them white mupets out ...

Isco offside can be called or NOT????

Ok to me the discussione stops here. No sense
Old 12-04-18, 17:41   #55
EnterTheVoid
Freshman

EnterTheVoid is on a distinguished road

lol takerozzo, take a break.

juve fans talking bullshit like they would have gone into extra time and won it by devine right. amazing stuff. and Buffon (the worst example of sportsmanship ever) calling the ref 'killer', 'animal', 'trashbin'. stuff that's worth a 5 game ban or so. this is really too funny to witness.

btw, the right spelling is *embarrassing*
Old 12-04-18, 17:45   #56
litost

discussion should have been over once somebody claims benatia action on vazquez is not pk ... imo...

reg isco .. i did not watch any of those tv shows that pinpoint how far or not aguy is offside or not but just by saying shoulder does not mean its actual offside .. u ever heard of perspective .. what about knee ... what a about in line wich has margin of 12 cms more or less ...

OK OK I REST MY CASE !!
Old 12-04-18, 17:47   #57
Prija
Super Moderator

Prija is on a distinguished road

Game is over, so let's not waste our energy discussing whether it was a penalty or not. Let's just all agree to disagree . Thread closed.