This site is for adults 18+ due to gambling/betting content. If you have a problem with gambling issues, or need information, please visit:
Gambling Help Online Gamblers Anonymous Gambling Therapy Gamble Aware Jugadores Anonimos JugarBIEN BeGambleAware GamCare

Go Back   Bettingadvice forum > Soccer >
England/Scotland/Ireland/Wales

England/Scotland/Ireland/Wales
English, Scottish, Irish and Welsh soccer leagues. Analysis and predictions, from Eng Prem to Conference. From Scottish Premier to 3.div.
Beat an English bookie in his backyard!: BET365

Online Sports Betting at Pinnacle Sports
BET365: Simply the best bookie for livebetting! PINNACLE: BA's all time favourite bookmaker. Great odds!

Old 12-09-18, 20:09   #1
harpster
Freshman

harpster is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Scotland Premiership 14th-15th September

Friday 14th Sep
19:45 St Mirren v Celtic 15.00 7.00 1.17
Saturday 15th Sep
15:00 Rangers v Dundee 1.25 6.00 11.00
15:00 Motherwell v Hearts 2.90 3.40 2.37
15:00 Hibernian v Kilmarnock 1.95 3.60 3.70
15:00 St Johnstone v Aberdeen 3.30 3.30 2.20
15:00 Livingston v Hamilton 1.91 3.50 4.00

All prices available at William Hill.
harpster is offline   Reply With Quote

PINNACLE SPORTS: One of the very best. New website!

Old 15-09-18, 07:58   #2
MarianoV6

MarianoV6 is an unknown quantity at this point

Let's add the other leagues here too as the interest in not so big to open multi threads

MarianoV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-18, 08:34   #3
MarianoV6

Default Premiership

Rangers v Dundee FC

Rangers had many players abroad during the international break with some of them being on the other side of the ocean (South America, Canada) but they are all back now. They are welcoming a weak side as Dundee is at the moment who plays in a very.....hmm unique system. Dundee has not a single winger on their squad, and their game from the side is based only on their two full backs. Those two are the ones who are crossing the ball inside the box and beside that, it's a full group of players in the middle who are passing the ball around and try to explode the opponent's defense. Even when they are inside the box, they are still in the middle, they don't play very wide. They do however win corners from the many shots they take and that's important for my bet. However, Rangers are not some small team with whom you can move your full backs up front very often, so i expect them to stay where they are in most part of the game. In defense, Dundee is weak and they are being weaker in my opinion when they use central defender Kusunga as he is very slow for high pressure game, a bit sloppy and for all that, he is a good % for the opponent to win a penalty. In two games he made one penalty and one more which was not given by the ref.

Beside the fact that Rangers have back all their players and one of them returned from international duty with a slight injury, they can be happy as some players where rested at their national teams. Morelos because he is a sub for Falcao, Lafferty played only 67' min at Northen Ireland's first game and was an unused sub at their second friendly game, and same goes for some other players as well. In mid week they have to travel to Spain to play against Villareal for Europa League but they have the chance to go there boosted by a win and by the fact that Celtic didn't manage to win yesterday against an opponent which is in the hand of Rangers to win (St. Mirren).

Because of the gaming style of the two teams, i don't expect Dundee to go forward with so many players as usual cause they will leave a big gab in the middle and especially if their only ''wingers'', their full backs, will go forward often. I expect Rangers to face a multi, in the middle, men's opponent so i expect Rangers to try and explode their side by playing wide which will lead to corners in my opinion. On the other side there is the chance to climb in standings with a win and be close again to Celtic, their main rival for the title, at two points difference, so i expect Rangers to press for the win.

Rangers -4 corners at 2.00 is my bet here no matter that Dundee usually has corners. I explained above why i believe they wont have so many corners at this game. Alternative to that is to wait and take live either the handi corner bet or the ''race to'' corner bet. I always recommend live bet as you have more control on how a team is playing. Corner bets depends also on how much pressure a team is forcing to their opponent. After all, with that not so great defense of Dundee, the score might open early.
Old 15-09-18, 09:12   #4
MarianoV6

St. Johnstone v Aberdeen

It is no surprise that St. Johnstone are sitting on the fifth place as they seem to have make the right and good transfers this season for them. They got some wingers at first who can carry the ball and together with Tony Watt who also came this season, they can explode any weak spot any opponent has. They are all fast, they can all carry the ball forward and Watt is taking many shots from the side of the posts and near the corner line as he seems capable to find the target from there (opponent keepers have saved couple of times already). You simple don't wanna give space this season to St. Johnstone as any team that has done that already has being punished. We don't care tho if St. Johnstone will win or not at the rest of their games, we care only about their gaming style, their wingers and their striker Tony Watt.

St. Johnstone is facing a side which has also very good wingers but at this time, they are having trouble with missing players. To start first with Aberdeen's wingers, McGinn is the type of winger who can guarantee you crossings. A very capable player on their right side of the wings and a very fast one. On the other side they have Mackay-Steven, a player that i saw some years ago for the first time when he was playing at Dundee Utd and was impressed with his skills back then. The difference between those two is that McGinn is more about crossing while Mackay-Steven is also about penetrating into the box. However, both of them are good for corners. The part now that is giving the edge to St. Johnstone to do their game is that Aberdeen is facing injuries in their defensive line. From the 5 central defenders they have, two are out with injuries, one got a (unfair) red card at the previous game and will miss this one, one more has play as RB so far and the last one has just come back from a 5 weeks injury. The timing for McKenna has been perfect to come back and help his team but 5 weeks without match practice and with not so much experience as he is only 21 years old, is too much.

So all in all, two teams with very good wingers (more quality on Aberdeen side), the guest team is facing big problems in defense so whoever will replace the regulars is either a player out of his position or someone who doesn't have match practice and i don't need other reasons to take my bet. Aberdeen is coming from not so great result for their level, they want to get away here with all three points but taking in mind all their problems, the draw against a dangerous team is not bad at all at the end.

Initially, i wanted to take St. Johnstone race to 5 corners but i switched to total corners as both can convert shots to corners. The line is at 10 corners and at 2,30 but i'm happy with one corner less as the odds are not bad at all.

total game corners over 9 at 1.80

Last edited by MarianoV6; 15-09-18 at 09:49.
Old 15-09-18, 09:49   #5
MarianoV6

Dundee Utd v Morton

The race for promotion has just started so i don't pay attention on standings at the moment and i believe neither do Dundee. What matters here is that this season there 4-5 good teams that will fight for promotion and that Dundee cannot sit back and do monkey business as usual. Money is good in any way you can make them but they wont bring you very far. There is no problem as far as i know with injured players, couple of players are back after long time injury and with coach Csaba Laszlo not knowing what he is doing , Dundee Utd will try to win here in order to stay up in standings.

The juicy part is coming from Morton's side however. Three months ago they signed Ray McKinnon as their manager and they started the season very well with a draw against Queen of the South, an away win against Aloa and a home win against title candidate with 2-1. After that, their whole world collapsed One day he went to training as any normal day, rival in the league Falkirk FC asked permission from Morton's manager to talk with McKinnon, and only 6 hours later he was announced by Falkirk officially no matter that he had a contract with Morton till May 2019. McKinnon never even said goodbye to his players to explain them what happened, neither to the players he signed this summer. He just asked his assistant manager (who also left) to drop a message at a chat where all players were and announce them that they are leaving....

There are questions around this matter as to why he dropped his team which was second in standings at that time to join a team that was and still is at the bottom of the league and has worst players in terms of quality. What happened that day? The local paper came out with front page of him as Judas and that was the title as well lol. Why he left the second in standings team to join the bottom team as it was a move for his career as he said later?

Those are not questions that are bugging me at the moment but questions that are bugging the shocking players of Morton and especially the ones that HE brought to this team. Chairman Crawford wrote a statement in public in which he also said among other things that he talked with three players and asked them to leave everything behind and focus on the next game and that the players responded positive on this. However, at the next game Morton lost 1-0 away against Patrick Thistle. I expect that reaction to come at this game but i also expect Dundee Utd to win at the end. But at least i expect Morton to score and show some reaction since they already have announce a new manager some days ago. Judging by the results of the Arabs, this seems to be possible.

Dundee Utd v Morton BTS at 1.83

Note1 - Ray McKinnon has done that again in the past when he was in charge of Ross County
Note2 - Put that in your diary. At 20 of October, in about a month from now, Morton will face at home Falkirk, the current team of McKinnon and they are already angry and planning to ''welcome'' him. They call him snake at the moment and rubber snakes will be all over the place as they say together with banners lol. It will be a massive game for the fans and for the players that he let down.
Old 15-09-18, 16:57   #6
MarianoV6

Rangers vs Dundee 15-5 corners (and a penalty for Rangers)
St. Johnstone vs Aberdeen 4-8 corners
Dundee Utd vs Morton 1-1

P.S. oh yea, Falkirk from 0-2 lost 3-2 We are all waiting for the 20th of October