This site is for adults 18+ due to gambling/betting content. If you have a problem with gambling issues, or need information, please visit:
Gambling Help Online Gamblers Anonymous Gambling Therapy Gamble Aware Jugadores Anonimos JugarBIEN BeGambleAware GamCare

Go Back   Bettingadvice forum > Betting contests > Discussions betting contests

Discussions betting contests Got problems, something to say, just bragging about your great scores, or anything else to share, do it here!

Online Sports Betting at Pinnacle Sports
BET365: Simply the best bookie for livebetting! PINNACLE: BA's all time favourite bookmaker. Great odds!

Old 14-01-18, 23:21   #811
Sabelius

Sabelius is on a distinguished road

This competiton lost the whole splendor because of those errors and lack of any response from the board. To be honest I have no motivation to continue competiting in it. I think this will be a spike to BA grave... Pity really pity....
Sabelius is online now   Reply With Quote

PINNACLE SPORTS: One of the very best. New website!

Old 15-01-18, 17:35   #812
Nobody

Nobody is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feri View Post
Still no (newer) news... just seen that some guys try to 'earn' some free points using the bad fixtures, but I'm sure there's a way to see when those results were added and if so, the mentioned results will be deleted.. not worth it, not to mention to play fair
yeah, they cant have fulltime scores sorted out for 1.5 months, but they will sort out times the results were added and even delete those predictions. Thats the spirit p.s. 6-0 in Spain was easy perdiction
Nobody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-18, 18:02   #813
Feri
Super Moderator

Feri is on a distinguished road

At least all the wrong fixtures can be deleted and made the competition valid.
Concerning the 2:5 or 6:0 predictions... must have watched back to the future..
Old 21-01-18, 09:07   #814
grefstad
Administrator
Site admin

grefstad is on a distinguished road

To be honest, at BA we can not dicated what the 3rd party does here. It is easier for us just to delete the entire contest, as we can not, and will not, spend days digging into what people have done to exploit errors at third parties. It is the same problem with any contests involving money. Some greedy bastards always try to take advantage, and the likely outcome is to remove the entire thing, if it does not improve
Old 21-01-18, 09:36   #815
Feri
Super Moderator

Good to see you around Terje
Since mid November I've been sending the message available for direct contact with them, almost on daily basis, to point out mistakes at fixtures and also saved thousands of results myself since then but no reaction from anyone..

I don't know what relation you have with them or how you can reach them but surely it's not fair towards the contestants, BA members, who were trying their best to predict results every week.
And now just to delete it? Not fair imo, at least.. Still better to do smtg about it!
Old 21-01-18, 15:15   #816
Nobody

Lets not forget, that manipulations with some of the results could have been done only in 2 leagues - Spain and France. Every other league have issues of not confirming some of the results, but always denied access to change the scores after the games started, as the times of the matches were correct. I just would like to know if anyone is alive in that 3rd party provider's company. I am worried about them
Old 24-01-18, 19:04   #817
tiger the great

tiger the great is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by grefstad View Post
To be honest, at BA we can not dicated what the 3rd party does here. It is easier for us just to delete the entire contest, as we can not, and will not, spend days digging into what people have done to exploit errors at third parties. It is the same problem with any contests involving money. Some greedy bastards always try to take advantage, and the likely outcome is to remove the entire thing, if it does not improve
Soorry,but the users are the last people,who have to be blamed for a situation,in which a plugin software has elementary timing bugs in the database,that nobody is taking care of for months

Last edited by tiger the great; 24-01-18 at 19:09.
tiger the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-18, 19:11   #818
KL1NCUNT

KL1NCUNT is an unknown quantity at this point

Terje can't do anything about that, it's a 3rd party controlled competition. And he's right about removing the whole contest IF nothing gets solved by the 3rd party. Of course some will cheat or already have after this error, and then it's all over, no point in giving awards when the contest is impossible to be followed and checked for 100 % fairness.
KL1NCUNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-18, 19:22   #819
tiger the great

tiger the great is an unknown quantity at this point

I trully beleive,that since this is 5th or 6th season(correct me if I'm wrong) of the contest and everything was almost perfect so far,such options as deleting the competition are little overreacted,but it's still a Terje decision mostly about the future,10 rounds are easily trackable and erasable

Last edited by tiger the great; 24-01-18 at 19:26.
tiger the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-18, 19:52   #820
Nobody

Forget the erasing. There are like 7-8 leagues to play in, only 2 had timing issues. So why would anyone erase for example Poland or England leagues?
Old 24-01-18, 22:14   #821
Dimitri

Dimitri is on a distinguished road

Every league had some issues. Half of recent results in Poland weren't even updated and some others could be edited after the games ended just like Spain now.
Premier League is a mess, I could not even edit the predictions in this year's rounds and lots of games since November weren't updated.
The situation is far from normal and I think it is pointless to continue unless something gets fixed and this does not look very likely.

On the other hand, if you kill this contest then POD will be the only thing holding BA together. When that ends the whole forum will die within a week's time.

Perhaps we can organize a contest for the remaining rounds ourselves? I have no idea how, maybe some of the admins (Feri?) have some idea.
Maybe e-mail predictions to someone or upload to a dropbox or something similar.
Dimitri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-18, 22:09   #822
Feri
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KL1NCUNT View Post
Terje can't do anything about that, it's a 3rd party controlled competition. And he's right about removing the whole contest IF nothing gets solved by the 3rd party. Of course some will cheat or already have after this error, and then it's all over, no point in giving awards when the contest is impossible to be followed and checked for 100 % fairness.
Speaking like the letter was lost on it's way... c'mon this is 21st century and there's a contact to any parties, either mail, phone, face,... Where there's a will there's a way!

Btw I'm using the 'Report an error in the match fixtures' link almost every day and according to the message there: ''Hint: Your message is forwarded directly to the provider of the data service.'' - they're receiving the error message a lot!

If there's a valid agreement (contract) between those providers and BA (Terje), which I believe should be, then they owe smtg to each other, or there are consequences otherwise..

Let not my 1.2k+ reports go to nothing
Old 28-01-18, 11:30   #823
grefstad
Administrator
Site admin

grefstad is on a distinguished road

There is no valid agreement or contract between BA and the 3rd party. It seems they have disabled support for this contest for certain Vbulletin forum types.

Anyway, if these problems continues, I see no reason to keep it on the site. It was always a free service, and BA have never paid a dime for it to the providers, so I guess we can not expect too much of it either.

If this continues to be a problem, it will be taken down and discontinued.
Old 28-01-18, 13:00   #824
radicke

radicke is on a distinguished road

I have some ideas how we could save BA season and some ideas which could be useing from next season and that would be some kind of win-win-win strategy for all three sides(Members,Terje and IT provider)...It is based on marketing improvments on first place.
radicke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-18, 13:04   #825
radicke

radicke is on a distinguished road

If anyone is interested about my free ideas you can contact my on twitter accounnt-radicke10 or radicke10@gmail.com
radicke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-18, 17:04   #826
KL1NCUNT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimitri View Post
On the other hand, if you kill this contest then POD will be the only thing holding BA together. When that ends the whole forum will die within a week's time.
That certainly won't happen. POD will only improve from the next month as Macot took his time and improved the competition by a mile with new set of rules for much more professional and better bets and asian bookies. Also the prizes are much smaller in POD compared to this season competition, so if this competition will be cancelled as Terje said, POD will only gain from it as more people will play it rather than this purely luck based competition of hitting scores that does not have the technical support anymore.
Old 10-02-18, 08:37   #827
gammyind
Freshman

gammyind is on a distinguished road

I am being a sleeping member of this forum since long time. Betting advice posted here has helped me many times and also ruined my money many times which is part and parcel of the game. I hate losers who blame the poster after losing out. My 2 cents to improve POD contest and be helpful to this forum:

1. We need to get away with 1 pick per day rule. I feel people have to post few picks on weekdays just out of compulsion to complete 10 picks in the month when the posted bet is no where near the best.

Instead we should make 2/3 Bets per day for weekends and 1 pick per day on weekdays which will improve the quality of the bets. Trust the forum visit on the weekday is not a criteria here. Ratio of games played in weekdays and weekend is vastly different so the same rule cannot exist for weekdays and weekend. This will also help anyone who want to enter the contest late in the month.

2. Contest will have to be align to real betting world as far as possible. What I mean is, a bet of AH -1 and my team winning by 1 goal margin does not lose me money in real world. As per my experience, at many occasion it is the safest bet to avoid team going into sleep after going 1 goal up.

But in POD, I end up with -100 and 1 pick less. Instead for POD too we should not deduct the score as -100 and to avoid people taking this bet as safer bets to win contest after going ahead in the initial bets, we should not deduct the picks from their quota. They will have to complete the 10 bets criteria and if not then we should deduct points.

This will make some kind of strategy required to win the contest.

3. Last and final suggestion, we should reward winners with something additional to money. Eg. A Champion Trophy in their profile for the month with highlighted username so newbies know they are champions whenever they post.

Last edited by gammyind; 10-02-18 at 08:42.
gammyind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-18, 11:35   #828
dule-vu

dule-vu is an unknown quantity at this point

you are in wrong thread,this is not POD competion!
dule-vu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-18, 12:13   #829
gammyind
Freshman

gammyind is on a distinguished road

Ok Sorry. Will post there.
gammyind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-18, 19:50   #830
kicma
Freshman

kicma is on a distinguished road

Suggestion: Delete this contest as it has no sense anymore and think of some different system for World Cup if you still want to give prizes
kicma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-18, 21:08   #831
KL1NCUNT

Will there be any World Cup competition in June?