This site is for adults 18+ due to gambling/betting content. If you have a problem with gambling issues, or need information, please visit:
Gambling Help Online Gamblers Anonymous Gambling Therapy Gamble Aware Jugadores Anonimos JugarBIEN BeGambleAware GamCare

Go Back   Bettingadvice forum > Other sports > Icehockey

Icehockey Predictions and analysis for icehockey games. NHL, European hockey, internationals, etc.
PINNACLE - accept very large stakes! Low juice!

Online Sports Betting at Pinnacle Sports
BET365: Simply the best bookie for livebetting! PINNACLE: BA's all time favourite bookmaker. Great odds!

Old 14-01-18, 19:25   #1
RafaRoger

RafaRoger is on a distinguished road
Default NHL 17/18

Not an expert into icehockey or NHL but I like to bet on it and having good success with it..

I think Flames are a decent bet tonight as they're in great form although their top goalscorer Sean Monahan is out for tonights game with Hurricanes, which is a blow. Other 3 players are also out but not new. ML pays quite well but given his absence I will opt for X2 in RT @ 1.69 by Pinnacle.

Don't know yet who will be in goal for Flames but probably (hopefully) it will be Mike Smith!

Hurricanes are in bad form right now and could be without 4 players for tonight so not only Flames are hurting. They will go with Scott Darling in goal. They're a very good team but I don't think they will have an easy game tonight..

Odds are dropping on homeside probably because of Monahan's absence but I think value in on the awayteam and they can take a point at least imo! GL
RafaRoger is offline   Reply With Quote

PINNACLE SPORTS: One of the very best. New website!

Old 14-01-18, 19:32   #2
RafaRoger

Game starts in half an hour so late tip I know! Inputs very welcome..
Old 14-01-18, 19:37   #3
RafaRoger

Mike Smith in goal confirmed.
Old 14-01-18, 19:58   #4
RafaRoger

Lindholm and Nordström are both playing tonight for Hurricanes. Odds still continue going down on Carolina..maybe I got this one wrong we will see in a bit.
Old 14-01-18, 20:09   #5
RafaRoger

Minnesota - Vancouver is an interesting game later in the night. Homeside is b2b won last night 4-1 at home over Winnipeg, playing solid goalie Dubnyk again, don't know if I will bet but I think maybe a bit of value on Vancouver even if they're in bad form for a very long time and playing at a difficult venue as Minnesota. X2 in RT @ 1.95 by Pinnacle could tempt me for small play..

Anybody any idea abt this game?
Old 14-01-18, 21:02   #6
Limex
Freshman

Limex is on a distinguished road

I can't bet against Minny at the moment, + Winnipeg had last game yesterday before the break so they were really tired, had a feeling the Wild ones played at 80% strength. Canucks can be unpredictable tho, i give you that. I'm trying Minny after reg at around 1,95 for small stakes and over 5,5 at 2 for 3/10.
Limex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-18, 21:04   #7
Limex
Freshman

Oh, nice call on Flaming Calgary
Old 14-01-18, 22:42   #8
RafaRoger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limex View Post
Oh, nice call on Flaming Calgary
Thanks. GL with Minnesota later, I will stay away.
Old 15-01-18, 11:20   #9
RafaRoger

Early game Boston Bruins - Dallas Stars tonight.

Going with bets on Bruins ML @ 1.68 and over 5.5 @ 1.9 by Pinnacle, as both are supposedly going with their backup goalies, so it looks quite probable with some goals here and odds I think are decent enough. Bruins are really good this season, so I have to try them for the win even if Dallas always can be dangerous offensively with Benn, Sequin, etc..
Old 16-01-18, 22:07   #10
Limex
Freshman

For today, I'm taking Vegas. Preds are comming off their BYE week and it's no secret in NHL that teams that come from their break preform under their capabilities. Vegas however came off their BYE week last saturday. Over the weekend i gave this scenario a go (team from BYE week vs. team that doesn't come off BYE week), Oilers delivered vs. Vegas and Yotes came REALLY close to winnig at SJ. Therefore im taking

Vegas ML 6/10
Vegas after reg 3/10
over 5,5 2/10

If anyone's interested, here are more stats of the last year's games after NY.

http://www.nhltips.ca/2017-nhl-bye-week-stats/

4 more games with same scenario comming up on 18.01. Other than that, i'm thinking:

Devils over 3,5 @ 2,3 3/10
Leafs v Blues over 5,5 @ 1,82 2/10
Sharks -1 @ 2,5 2/10
Toronto ML + SJ ML @ 3 1/10

Last edited by Limex; 16-01-18 at 22:10.
Old 22-01-18, 13:24   #11
RafaRoger

Going with Colorado tonight against Toronto. Think they're made too big underdogs and @ 2.55 ML by Pinnacle I've made a decent size bet. Colorado are in pretty good shape atm while I'm not really that impressed by Toronto's recent results. Homeside favourites still ofc but the value as I see it is with the visitors. Again inputs definitely appreciated, as I stated I'm not an expert into icehockey, just fancy the sport and to bet on it!
Old 22-01-18, 13:53   #12
Limex
Freshman

Totally agree with you there, Toronto has strong roster but it doesn't really show, at least not for the past couple of months. Colorado is hot and ML looks like a no-brainer. Although bookies might know something us punters don't, 3,25 3-way is waaay too big for a team that is on a hot streak. Honestly feels like a trap but i doubt i'll be able to resist the odds
Old 22-01-18, 15:56   #13
RafaRoger

@Limex

Glad to hear you agreeing with me!! GL to us and anybody else on Colorado

Regarding the game frederik Andersen has been confirmed in goal for Toronto. Their best choice but he's not been that great for some time now even if as a fellow dane I don't like to say it. Colorado will probably go with Jonathan Bernier as Varlamov is still injured, which will be a good choice for Colorado (And our bet) imo.
Old 22-01-18, 17:05   #14
RafaRoger

Well, odds have now risen on Colorado, after initially having dropped a bit, so maybe like, Limex, suggested there something we aren't aware of because Colorado have won 9 straight games and shouldn't "normally" be such underdogs against Toronto. I know Toronto are a good team, especially offensively, and shouldn't be underestimated at home but I just don't get the odds..
Old 22-01-18, 18:29   #15
RafaRoger

Bernier confirmed in goal...odds gone down to 2.45 now from 2.58!
Old 06-03-18, 18:15   #16
Limex
Freshman

No NHL enthusiasts besides me and Rafa? What a shame

Taking Vegas tonight as i can hardly wait to see William Karlsson, last year's Jacketsman, to put a couple behind Bobrowski (dude's at 35 already after 65 games, not half as bad considering playing with newely composed team!). Gonna be a hard matchup as Jackies still hope for a playoff spot in Metropolitan D. But them Dark Knights just got back on track after the Devils win and i expect them to get back on the winning path (not as superior as they were in the begining of the season, but still, shoulda end regular season as 1-3rd seeded team).

ML @ 1,8
regulation @ 2,3

Also taking Winnipeg with handi, my favorite boy-squad this year. Also took them to lift the Stanley though i fear Tampa may be too strong this year. But playoffs are a story of its own so lets leave it for now.

regulation @ 1,95
-1,5 @ 2,7

Also fancying them Wild ones and Ducks but still deciding if its worth a bet. Also waiting for confirmation that Gibson & Dubnyk are between the pipes.

I really do hope few other punters join in on the conversation and tipping as i can't understand how interest for such fast-paced and unpredictable sport is as low as it gets. Everyone's balls deep in soccer, which imo is currently more unpredictable than hockey ($$$) from a higher perspective, but i guess things will stay as they are if nothing changes regarding ownership, financial regulations (WANT THAT SALLARY CAP IN FOOTBALL GOD DAMNIT) and so on..Sorry for the offtopic but my head starts to boil when i start to think about current sport situation worldwide. Oh well, one can only hope.

Bread and circuces!
GL
Old 06-03-18, 22:32   #17
Limex
Freshman

Bellemare's back! Another + for my Dark Knights!

+ I found another gem of a bet for tonight. Chicago resting their main 2 goalies, Forsberg and Crawford, placing Berube between the pipes. Needles to say he's on another level, this season he was trusted 4 times, allowing 3.85 goals per match with .884%.

AVS over 2,5 looks really sweet all of a sudden.

1,82 @ Pinnie
Old 06-03-18, 23:25   #18
Quill

Quill is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limex View Post
No NHL enthusiasts besides me and Rafa? What a shame

I really do hope few other punters join in on the conversation and tipping as i can't understand how interest for such fast-paced and unpredictable sport is as low as it gets. Everyone's balls deep in soccer, which imo is currently more unpredictable than hockey ($$$) from a higher perspective, but i guess things will stay as they are if nothing changes regarding ownership, financial regulations (WANT THAT SALLARY CAP IN FOOTBALL GOD DAMNIT) and so on..Sorry for the offtopic but my head starts to boil when i start to think about current sport situation worldwide. Oh well, one can only hope.

Bread and circuces!
GL
I think that the main reason for the low interest in NHL or sports other than soccer is that there are more people who feel more comfortable about soccer, they understand it better, regardless of the winning or losing bets.

I can say the same about rugby union and Aussie Rules.
Quill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-18, 22:59   #19
RafaRoger

Flames 1X2 @ 2.41 Pinnacle and Boston - Columbus over 5.5 @ 1.98 Unibet for me tonight. Odds dropped but think they can still be taken.

Flames are not in good shape but have still play offs
to play for. Arizona have lost 2 straight but have otherwise been in good from over some period of time. Their coach is out for tonight. More quality for Flames and they should've a good possibility to come out on top imo.

Boston without quite some players again, but against Columbus' reserve goalie they should still score some goals and Columbus themselves can add to their goal tally with their quality. Good odds on goals here imo.
Old 20-03-18, 19:58   #20
RafaRoger

Have taken Pittsburgh - 1.5 @ 2.6 Bet365 and over 3.5 @ 2.06 Pinnacle tonight against the Islanders.

Pittsburgh have more to play for than Islanders and have more quality, possibly Matt Murray will be back in goal for them, that would be important. Islanders will naturally want to win after having lost a lot of games for some time but morale isn't the highest within the group and they have some injuries to deal with. Christopher Gibson will begin in goal for them.

I think Pittsburgh should take this quite easily and I don't think they will have a problem scoring at least 4 goals.
Old 21-03-18, 21:12   #21
RafaRoger

Poor results inhere last ones...So not sure I should even write this, but I've tried small stakes on Blues ML @ 2.02 and over 2.5 @ 1.89 Pinnacle against Bruins. Blues have Tarasenko out which is a blow and goalie Carter Hutton is still injured so they will turn to Jake Allen again and his numbers aren't great. Blues are a decent team though and I'm not sure that they should be underdogs here as Bruins need just one point to clinch playoff berth and they still have a good handful players out injured. Bruins going with reserve goalie Anton Khudobin.
Old 22-03-18, 04:57   #22
Limex
Freshman

Was on the Blues as well, good job!
Old 22-03-18, 19:10   #23
RafaRoger

Cheers @Limex

Have to try a bet on hot Edmonton to beat Ottawa ML @ 1.76 and 1X2 @ 2.27 Pinnacle, even if they lost their chances of making the playoffs last night, but I guess it wasn't very realistic anyway.

Ottawa are not in a great shape and their chances of making the playoffs are very slim indeed. They also have important missings to deal with, although I don't know the exact status of defenseman Erik Karlsson that is/have been out for personal reasons.

I believe Edmonton will probably be too strong for Ottawa here considering the opposite ways it seems these 2 are heading at the moment and odds are good enough imo...
Old 22-03-18, 19:41   #24
RafaRoger

Nordicbet with @ 2.3 on Edmonton in case somebody is interested...

About Erik Karlsson: I knew there was something serious behind his absence lately but not till now I learned that he and his wife have lost their unborn child and are now in grief. Very sad news indeed and I think we can rule him out of tonights game aswell with high degree of certainty...
Old 23-03-18, 13:02   #25
RafaRoger

I think Dallas could be interesting tonight against Boston, I saw them 1X2 @ 2.3 Nordicbet. I need to look into the game obviously later on but Boston still have so many injuries and Dallas are strong at home. Other than that Pittsburgh and possibly goals looks interesting in their meeting with New Jersey...

Inputs very welcome!!!
Old 23-03-18, 13:55   #26
Sev
Freshman

Sev is an unknown quantity at this point

Thx for Edmonton pick
Sev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-18, 18:33   #27
RafaRoger

You're welcome, @ Sev

Odds on Pittsburgh have dropped some and I've decided to take them scoring over 3.5 @ 2.03 Pinnacle with small stakes. Dallas odds has risen quite a bit and I've read that Boston have won the last 4 meetings in Dallas, so I'm a bit apprehensive about them. Odds are good though and I'll take a chance on them anyway ML @ 1.86 Pinnacle, with small stakes too.
Old 23-03-18, 20:05   #28
RafaRoger

Torey Krug is a game time decision for Boston. Tuukka Rask is starting in goal. Boston is pretty good shape but have many injuries as mentioned earlier.

Dallas is in bad shape and has lost the last 6 games. They should've a lot of motivation for ending this streak. Ben Bishop is injured so likely Kari Lehtonen will begin in goal.

I upped my stakes a bit to small - medium on both my bets. I hope I won't regret it, we will see! GL
Old 07-04-18, 19:20   #29
Brent

Brent is on a distinguished road

Some bets for the last day of the season :

New York Islanders @ Detroit Red Wings Game Total Over 6.5 Goals 1.97 @ Pinnacle (8/10)

Ottawa Senators @ Boston Bruins 1st Period Total Over 1.5 Goals 1.81 @ Pinnacle (8/10)

Los Angeles Kings Team Total Over 3.5 Goals 2.24 @ Pinnacle (6/10)

Suprised to see the Red Wings starting Jared Coreau in goal tonight as he is just a hot mess. Coreau is still looking for his first win and he conceded three or more goals in each of his previous six starts.

The New York Islanders seem to have the same problem as they are starting Thomas Greiss in goal tonight. Greiss conceded four or more goals in four of his last five starts.

The Boston Bruins are still in a battle for first place in the Eastern Conference. It can only help the Bruins that Ottawa is starting Danny Taylor in goal tonight. I expect Boston will look to score early and often as they have a makeup game tomorrow which could very well decide if they get first place in the Eastern Conference.

The Los Angeles Kings do not look like they are resting many players tonight and they will catch the Dallas Stars who had to play in Anaheim last night.
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-18, 22:06   #30
RafaRoger

Look like some decent bets there Brent...

I would like to say that Columbus are resting 6 players tonight away against Nashville: Artemi Panarin, Cam Atkinson, Alexander Wennberg, Seth Jones, Zach Werenski, and Ryan Murray.

Nashville themselves are resting Arvidsson and Tolvanen.

I will try homewin - 1.5

For Los Angeles - Dallas game I would try over 5.5 with good odds!