This site is for adults 18+ due to gambling/betting content. If you have a problem with gambling issues, or need information, please visit:
Gambling Help Online Gamblers Anonymous Gambling Therapy Gamble Aware Jugadores Anonimos JugarBIEN BeGambleAware GamCare

Go Back   Bettingadvice forum > Other sports > Handball

Handball Handball discussions/picks from different nations, Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Germany, Spain, France, Croatia, Hungary, Romania, Russia
PINNACLE - accept very large stakes! Low juice!

Online Sports Betting at Pinnacle Sports
BET365: Simply the best bookie for livebetting! PINNACLE: BA's all time favourite bookmaker. Great odds!

Old 11-01-18, 23:52   #1
Macot
Super Moderator

Macot is on a distinguished road
Default EUROPEAN CHAMPIONSHIP 2018

I am opening this thread to follow this great competition. I know there are many great experts out there, so I hope they post their thoughts and picks.

EC will be played between 12th and 27th January in Croatia.
16 teams qualified, 5 of them from Ex Yugoslavia, the most talented part of Handballing European map! And in the first round we already have a hot derby between Croatia and Serbia and also Slovenia and Macedonia!

1st round:

Tomorrow, 12 Jan - Preliminary 1 X 2 B's
17:15 Belarus - Austria 1.41 9.95 3.82
17:15 Sweden - Iceland 1.28 11.03 5.02
19:30 Croatia - Serbia 1.14 13.98 7.67
19:30 France - Norway 1.42 9.49 3.79
13 Jan 2018 - Preliminary 1 X 2 B's
16:15 Germany - Montenegro 1.05 20.29 14.03
17:15 Spain - Czech Republic 1.04 22.72 15.69
18:30 FYR Macedonia - Slovenia 2.86 8.70 1.63
19:30 Denmark - Hungary 1.27 10.77 5.07

PINNACLE SPORTS: One of the very best. New website!

Old 12-01-18, 23:14   #2
Nesquik

Nesquik is on a distinguished road

I was sure about Croatia, but only 1.14

tomorrow Slovenia to win is ok

and half on a double Slovenia DNB + Denmark to win (although Hungary discovered again 1-2 players from behind, but Denmark are strong)
Nesquik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-18, 23:21   #3
Nesquik

medium-medium or medium-small
Old 13-01-18, 20:17   #4
Nesquik

Dinu/Dinu will finally retire after this tournament. Stefan/Stark were much better pair of refs from Romania than them. these two also destroyed many internal games in my opinion

at least I warned about the stake, but still Slovenia DNB was an ok bet IMO. if they play together, Slovenia wins over Macedonia 8-9/10 times. Slovenia led by 3, 11-8, and managed to conceed 7 goals in a row! so 11-15... I cant believe against what opponent they lost, they are much better!
Old 23-01-18, 02:19   #5
Louis

Louis has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Macedonia - Czech Republic

Pick: Macedonia +0.5
Odds: 1.94
Bookie: Pinnacle Sports

Before the start of this championship Macedonia and Czech Republic were in the same group of the qualifiers. Both teams won their home ground match, Czech +7, Macedonia +13 in the last game of the group. Macedonia finished at the top of that group.

At the start of this championship Macedonia and Czech Republic were underdogs, but they both had their moments of fame.

Macedonia played great handball, they beat Slovenia and Montenegro, and drew with European champion Germany and ended at the first place of the group. In the next phase Macedonia lost vs Spain, but that lost was somehow calculated. Main event start today. Macedonia need to play Czech today and Denmark tomorrow.

Czech Republic started with big lost against Spain, but then they beat the odds and won against Denmark and Hungary. In the next phase they lost against Germany. They need to play against Macedonia and Slovenia next.
I think that achievement is enough for this team and I doubt they are ready for more surprises. In my opinion they will finish at the bottom of the standings.

With possible victory against Czech Republic, Macedonia can hope for the semi-final. Somehow even a draw can be enough. This players are ready for great things, this can be biggest sport success for this country.
Kiril Lazarov, best Macedonian player is injured and he will not play, that is why we have this juicy odds. 2.51 to win, 1.94 to win or draw.
Macedonia can win or draw this match to keep their dream alive.

Good luck, CHEERS
Old 23-01-18, 14:25   #6
Louis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis View Post
Kiril Lazarov, best Macedonian player is injured and he will not play, that is why we have this juicy odds. 2.51 to win, 1.94 to win or draw.
Latest news says that Kiril Lazarov stays in the squad for the rest of the championship.
That means that injury is not that bad after all.
In my opinion he will play against Denmark for sure, and it will not be big surprise if he plays tonight too.
Old 23-01-18, 18:08   #7
chodec
Freshman

chodec is an unknown quantity at this point

goalkeeper Tomas Mrkva added: "We do not like Makedon, but who does it?"

and now seriously ...

1)after three days of rest, the warm Czech team is cool...
2)Potential Lazar's absence is a big factor. He gives over ten goals, plays well with the pivot, it's their strongest weapon ...

For the last match in the Varaždin arena, Czech representatives played against the German team on Friday night. Since then, they have been actively resting for three days, treating small scars, welcoming a new reinforcement by Petr Šlachta, analyzing the game of a Macedonian rival, and preparing for a Tuesday match against an unpopular opponent. "The first free day was great, we rested and regenerated. But three days are quite a long time, but we are hot on Makedonka and I think we have prepared them well, "said Roman Becvar.

Czech Republic 2.050 ... 7/10 pinnacle
chodec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-18, 21:10   #8
chodec
Freshman

chodec is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by chodec View Post

Czech Republic 2.050 ... 7/10 pinnacle
because of the unprompted sevens, but with respect to what we have achieved the lead and the incredible lack of control of the last few seconds from the old referees, when the game should be stopped on the pulse and what about the seven ...
it's just THAT :-D

...Although the Russian judges in the last attack of their opponent missed the breakout and ordered the seventh, Mrkva caught her Manaskov and a valuable Czech victory was born, which avenged all the earlier injustices of the matches with Macedonia...

Last edited by chodec; 23-01-18 at 21:33.
chodec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-18, 16:20   #9
Louis

Congratulations to Czech Republic yesterday
It was great thriller spectacle.

Today I will try:

Macedonia - Denmark

Pick: Macedonia (+5.5)
Odds: 2.05
Bookie: Pinnacle Sports

Well, Denmark are already qualified for the semi-final, they lost only to Czech Republic so far. If Czech don't win today (I doubt they can win), Denmark will be at first place in this group for sure, because they have better score than Spain and Germany.
They need to watch Czech vs Slovenia, and if Czech somehow win, Denmark will need only draw for the top of the group. If Czech draw or lose, Denmark can play most relaxed game in this tournament and prepare for the semi-finals. They will rest some of the best players and be careful of injuries.

Macedonia played very good Euro Championship, they were very close to historical success, but after best player Lazarov injury they lost in important match yesterday even they were at least equal and probably better squad in whole match. Macedonia feel no more pressure, even without Lazarov they can be at least respectable opponent today.

Denmark can win this match if needed, but with current situation on the standings, Denmark can play one friendly match. Even if they win easy, they don't need to kill their opponents with many goals difference.

P.S. other bets for me today are:
Germany - Spain under 50.5, I expect close match with a lot of tactics from both sides, and solution in last moments, maybe even draw.
Sweden - Norway HW, I expect Sweden to win, they have better chances for the semis, and Norway played bad with "big" teams like Croatia and France. All Norway victories are against "poor" teams.
Croatia - France HW, I expect Croatia to win this match and go to the semis, they are host after all, and France is the only team who won all matches so far, but they are not so strong like past years. It is time for France to lose some.

All bets for smaller stakes.

Good luck, CHEERS