This site is for adults 18+ due to gambling/betting content. If you have a problem with gambling issues, or need information, please visit:
Gambling Help Online Gamblers Anonymous Gambling Therapy Gamble Aware Jugadores Anonimos JugarBIEN BeGambleAware GamCare

Go Back   Bettingadvice forum > Soccer >
UEFA Europa League

UEFA Europa League
Picks and analysis and discussions for UEFA Europa League games.

Bet on European football at:
BET365 Great live betting !!

Online Sports Betting at Pinnacle Sports
BET365: Simply the best bookie for livebetting! PINNACLE: BA's all time favourite bookmaker. Great odds!

Old 06-02-18, 12:04   #1
dakashev

dakashev is an unknown quantity at this point
Default FC Astana - Sporting 15/02/2018

17:00 FC Astana - Sporting 3.65 3.31 2.05
dakashev is offline   Reply With Quote

PINNACLE SPORTS: One of the very best. New website!

Old 13-02-18, 06:13   #2
BJO
Freshman

BJO is on a distinguished road

The weather forecast should bedste considered a major factor in this match. Prediction says -20į, but if the game is played with roof at Astana Arena, then of course it wont mean that much. Can anyone provide info?
BJO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-18, 10:05   #3
Rozde
Freshman

Rozde is on a distinguished road

I don't think that weather will have that much impact(it could but not necessary) as the thing that Sporting Lisboa had some really hard matches in the last month and had impact on them a lot, they have won the Cup( which is great for moral boost) but the problem is that they have a big pressure for winning the League title, they got knocked out of the second cup in Portgual from Porto last week, they main striker Bast Dost got injured(19 goals),Andre Silva their best midfielder went to Leicester and after that they are struggling in scoring and somehow in this period where they should give 100% they don't, other thing this will be one of the longest trip and it will effect on all team.
Looking at Astana home record last season, which is almost perfect,they won the league last year so there is no reason for them to stop after really really good year of football. Biggest blow for Astana is the departure of their best player, Junior Kabananga, I don't know who will replace him as this would be their first official match in this year.

After summing everything, I can't see Sporting such favorites in this match, they will lack of a striker and knowing that only thing which matters this year will be winning the League in Portugal, this Uefa Europe League will only take their time and the strength for rest of the season. There is a value on Astana 1x, as Sporting can't be favorites in this match, too low odd on them and is not worth betting on it.

Astana 1x, odd 1.7 6/10
Rozde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-18, 10:15   #4
ilunga mwepu

ilunga mwepu is an unknown quantity at this point

Please explain why Sporting can't be favourites?

Considering Villarreal, who are worse than Sporting, came here in November far from full strength and totally dominated.
ilunga mwepu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-18, 12:29   #5
Rozde
Freshman

Rozde is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilunga mwepu View Post
Please explain why Sporting can't be favourites?

Considering Villarreal, who are worse than Sporting, came here in November far from full strength and totally dominated.
Considering Villarreal, who are worse than Sporting, came here in November far from full strength and totally dominated.[/QUOTE]

They should, but around 2.3 , 2.2 max but not a that favourite , I am not saying that Astana is better team, just telling you that Sporting will focus more on a domestic league than Europe League, I don't think that they will do again like 2 years ago when they lead in a league untill last couple of rounds and lost bunch of points, they fans want League title after 15 years!!!

As for Villarreal, first of all they are not worse than Sporting, second you can't compare them with Spanish teams who won this trophy 8 times in 13 years, so it is obvious that Spanish team take this competition more seriously than any other teams at this moment(mostly because their dream of a winning a League in Spain is really a dream as far as there are Barca and Real).
Rozde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-18, 23:50   #6
Nesquik

Nesquik is on a distinguished road

guys, Sporting played against Steaua. against a Steaua much weaker than the current one, but after 150 minutes equals, they scored 4 more.

Gelson is a great player, they should deal even without Dost. it is ****ing Astana! I watched Sporting recently on TVR, and Doumbia will do it instead of Dost.

it is weakened after last sells, but not much weaker
Nesquik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-18, 10:57   #7
FrancisWade

FrancisWade is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rozde View Post
they got knocked out of the second cup in Portgual from Porto last week

This isnít true, there will be a 2nd leg in April at their stadium.
FrancisWade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-18, 11:07   #8
Antoni753

Antoni753 is on a distinguished road

It depends on the motivation on Sporting as Rozde mentioned they could concetrate on winning the domestic league while Astana are free of any domestic duties and can go with full throttle.Personally,I fancy 1X too.At the moment Astana is writing its history Im pretty sure all players dream of knocking out Sporting.The artifficial pitch could be another trouble for Sporting.

Im considering draw no bet @bet365 2.50 Clear home win 3.60 DC 1.61
Antoni753 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-18, 12:46   #9
f1ght3r

f1ght3r is an unknown quantity at this point

i dont think its even about motivation. villarreal went with some reserves to astana and were able to win quite easily. i think its a matter of preparation and skills. simply put astana have built a team where some players have a strong point while the others are just there to fill teh numbers. with western european teams, especially those of relatively high calibre compared to the rest of europe, its not quite like that as there most players can do it all and can play team football. this is quite obvious in games like this one. it was the same with astana - celtic last year (i think?). even manager stoilov pointed out recently that the difference in facilities between eastern europe/middle east and western europe is huge and his work is limited. dont forget the fact astana havent played a competitive game for quite a while either. stoilov's tactic is to be solid in defense and score some of the chances and he's good at it however in european competitions that's much harder to do as astana dont have the quality to stop most of the attacks. moreover, this is the knockout stage where he has to get a good result at home and at some point he might have to take some risks. all in all i dont see why sporting shouldnt be favourites either - better in defense, in better condition, better quality.. i dont think they will open up either so astana should find it hard to score. sporting have enough pace to make something out of nothing which i'm certain will happen at some point in the game.
f1ght3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-18, 18:16   #10
Nesquik

Nesquik is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nesquik View Post
guys, Sporting played against Steaua. against a Steaua much weaker than the current one, but after 150 minutes equals, they scored 4 more.

Gelson is a great player, they should deal even without Dost. it is ****ing Astana! I watched Sporting recently on TVR, and Doumbia will do it instead of Dost.

it is weakened after last sells, but not much weaker
bingo, I am some kind of prophet I believe

Gelson scored
Doumbia scored

3-1 already, qualification resolved if the new players are not that poor, they can even play high phases of EL
Nesquik is offline   Reply With Quote