BWIN Pinnacle 888sport Bet365 10BET Gamebookers Betfair BET-AT-HOME Expekt 5Dimes CANBET


Go Back   Bettingadvice forum > Other sports > Basketball

Basketball Everything to do with basket !!!

PINNACLE - accept very large stakes! Low juice!

Online Sports Betting at Pinnacle Sports
BET365: Simply the best bookie for livebetting! PINNACLE: BA's all time favourite bookmaker. Great odds!


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-09-17, 11:10   #121
MuratCan
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: up in sky
Posts: 727
MuratCan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

Germany-Lithuania

Lithuania was favored by 6.5 points against Georgia less than a week ago. They lost that game and than failed to cover as similar favorites against Italy (Although Italy covered truly in a fluky way, they didn't have Melli all the second half.). That is true, they are coming to this game with a big momentum, but they played against Ukraine, after all. So, why they are favorited with 7 points against a stingy team, which several times showed that they are better than both Georgia and Italy?

Lithuania seems to have a deeper squad on the paper, but that is an illusion caused by the non disciplined opponents they played against. Germany is a perfect team at the defensive end, which rarely gets out of the game discipline and which rarely allows opponents to dictate the tempo. When the end of rotation guys like Gudaitis, Ulanovas, Milaknis, etc. can't find the open looks, or driving lanes they found millions of times against both Israel and Ukraine, than Lithuania will not look deeper than Germany.

Germans will have the best player of the court and Lithuanian defense can't have any answer to Schroder. Kalnietis will be a no match at the defensive end, whereas Valanciunas can do lots of things very well, but defending the paint is not one of his strong suits.

I don't understand the line, Germany is not worse than neither Georgia nor Italy, yet they are the bigger underdogs than both of them when playing against Lithuania. The particular match ups might be a good reason, but I don't see any of them, as Schroder will have a very easy match up. Whereas, Lithuanians starting to play out of world recently might be an another reason, but that was against freaking Ukraine. For instance, Germans contained Ukraine at just 63 points, in a game they definitely didn't play with their %100.

I expect this game to be decided by a single field goal.

Germany +7 1.925 double stakes
MuratCan is offline   Reply With Quote

PINNACLE SPORTS: One of the very best. New website!

Old 06-09-17, 12:10   #122
the clyde
Freshman
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 119
the clyde will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuratCan View Post
Germany-Lithuania

Lithuania was favored by 6.5 points against Georgia less than a week ago. They lost that game and than failed to cover as similar favorites against Italy (Although Italy covered truly in a fluky way, they didn't have Melli all the second half.). That is true, they are coming to this game with a big momentum, but they played against Ukraine, after all. So, why they are favorited with 7 points against a stingy team, which several times showed that they are better than both Georgia and Italy?

Lithuania seems to have a deeper squad on the paper, but that is an illusion caused by the non disciplined opponents they played against. Germany is a perfect team at the defensive end, which rarely gets out of the game discipline and which rarely allows opponents to dictate the tempo. When the end of rotation guys like Gudaitis, Ulanovas, Milaknis, etc. can't find the open looks, or driving lanes they found millions of times against both Israel and Ukraine, than Lithuania will not look deeper than Germany.

Germans will have the best player of the court and Lithuanian defense can't have any answer to Schroder. Kalnietis will be a no match at the defensive end, whereas Valanciunas can do lots of things very well, but defending the paint is not one of his strong suits.

I don't understand the line, Germany is not worse than neither Georgia nor Italy, yet they are the bigger underdogs than both of them when playing against Lithuania. The particular match ups might be a good reason, but I don't see any of them, as Schroder will have a very easy match up. Whereas, Lithuanians starting to play out of world recently might be an another reason, but that was against freaking Ukraine. For instance, Germans contained Ukraine at just 63 points, in a game they definitely didn't play with their %100.

I expect this game to be decided by a single field goal.

Germany +7 1.925 double stakes
What about under here? Specially germany low scoring defense team also its important for place 1 in the group.
Fikrin nedir murat
the clyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-17, 12:38   #123
MuratCan
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: up in sky
Posts: 727
MuratCan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by the clyde View Post
What about under here? Specially germany low scoring defense team also its important for place 1 in the group.
Fikrin nedir murat
For me the total line is set correctly. Germany will probably want to try to control tempo, but they know they can be effective with Schroeder on the control, if Lithuanians force them to finish the possessions faster by switching the screens, providing a fake outside pressure, double teaming on the corners, etc etc. Tempo will work for Lithuania for sure, but let's not forget Germany has the quickest feet of the tournament, with a great ball handling, will to find open man and arguably the best finisher around the rim as well. Germans will not prefer it, but they know that they can breathe with a high tempo. And one quarter with high scores and three average ones will turn the o/u line to an absolute coin toss, Germans hadn't showed it, but as long as Schroeder finds the lanes and the role players don't shoot the open looks with drastic percentages, they are able to score quite a bunch as well.
MuratCan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-17, 13:37   #124
FJB
Freshman
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: France
Posts: 27
FJB is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuratCan View Post
Slovenia-France

Over 161.5 1.934 regular stakes
Be careful here. Collet has been emphasizing for a couple of games that we badly need to improve our D if we want to get far in this tournament. Defense is not in this team's DNA, but surely their will is to step up on this end of the court. That being said, once again there's a gap between "will" and "can"...

Last edited by FJB; 06-09-17 at 14:19.
FJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-17, 14:10   #125
jason87
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: SLOVENIA
Posts: 371
jason87 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJB View Post
Be careful here. Collet has been emphasizing for a couple of games that we badly need to improve our D if we want to get far in this tournament. Defense is not in this DNA's team, but surely their will is to step up on this end of the court. That being said, once again there's a gap between "will" and "can"...
50 points after 1 quarter, i dont see any defense from france
jason87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-17, 14:30   #126
tomynica
Freshman
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Croatia
Posts: 64
tomynica is on a distinguished road
Default

Guys, what about Finland, should they trash Iceland today? Will they rest some players and things like that? Do they want to win this one badly? If i am not mistaken, win here would place them 2nd in group right?
tomynica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-17, 14:33   #127
FJB
Freshman
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: France
Posts: 27
FJB is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason87 View Post
50 points after 1 quarter, i dont see any defense from france
Yeah, 52 pts for SLO at HT, gotta wonder how many points they would have if Collet had not emphasized defense...
FJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-17, 14:38   #128
MuratCan
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: up in sky
Posts: 727
MuratCan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

Finland-Iceland

Barring a miracle, Slovenia will win against France, which will make this game meaningless for Finland. They will finish the group on the second place, no matter what will be the result of this game.

Markkanen had a minor injury couple games ago, Wilson and Koivisto will most probably keep sitting on the bench, there had been some aged veterans like Kotti and Rainikko who had been heavily involved lately, etc etc. This is a recuperation game for Finland, for sure they will try to thank their wonderful crowd with a win, if Finnish staff is interested with the upcoming days of the tournament, than today is the day to act accordingly.

Moreover, Finland had won against opponents like Greece and France, had a very dramatic game against Poland and gave a good fight against Slovenia. How much will they be motivated for a meaningless game they are favorited by almost 20 points? Iceland always started the games promising, but got demolished when the opponents tighten the screws. Now, they will play an uninterested team, which will most definitely use its reserves as much as it's possible.

Iceland's motivation is questionable as well, but they had a nice crowd in Helsinki and this is their last chance for redemption. They hadn't covered a single spread yet, which is unreal, as they are the only remaining team in that regard, I believe tonight that will change.

Iceland +19.5 1.934 regular stakes
MuratCan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-17, 15:03   #129
jason87
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: SLOVENIA
Posts: 371
jason87 is on a distinguished road
Default

Guys slovenia destroyed france like they are some high school kids hahha no comment our offensive power is HUGE
jason87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-17, 15:11   #130
FJB
Freshman
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: France
Posts: 27
FJB is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason87 View Post
Guys slovenia destroyed france like they are some high school kids hahha no comment our offensive power is HUGE
It's not your offensive power that is huge, although you have many sharpshooters. It's France's defense that's huge. A huge hole. Your main strength is to be a cohesive unit with 2 super players and clearly defined roles. Exactly the opposite as France (not cohesive, unclear responsibilities).
FJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-17, 15:36   #131
MuratCan
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: up in sky
Posts: 727
MuratCan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

Starts in a hour.

Georgia-Italy

Must go with Messina against Zouros in the game to avoid Slovenia. Italy couldn't provide a solid test against better teams of the group, but they are still much better than Georgia and I don't believe they are favorited enough. Georgia still has job to do, but they had several less hours to prepare this one than Italy and I doubt if they have enough left in the tank to recuperate after a emotional overtime win against the host nation. Italy is not a powerhouse which will demolish minor opponents, but they are a highly disciplined team which will not allow Georgia to create chaos and get contribution from deep of rotation guys. I expect a tight and nerve breaking game, but in the control of Italy and them to win with a late push and better control on the clutch time by 6-8 points. If this is lost, it will probably be the end of Eurobasket for me.

Italy -3 1.99 double stakes
MuratCan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-17, 16:08   #132
FJB
Freshman
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: France
Posts: 27
FJB is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuratCan View Post
Starts in a hour.

Georgia-Italy

Must go with Messina against Zouros in the game to avoid Slovenia. Italy couldn't provide a solid test against better teams of the group, but they are still much better than Georgia and I don't believe they are favorited enough. Georgia still has job to do, but they had several less hours to prepare this one than Italy and I doubt if they have enough left in the tank to recuperate after a emotional overtime win against the host nation. Italy is not a powerhouse which will demolish minor opponents, but they are a highly disciplined team which will not allow Georgia to create chaos and get contribution from deep of rotation guys. I expect a tight and nerve breaking game, but in the control of Italy and them to win with a late push and better control on the clutch time by 6-8 points. If this is lost, it will probably be the end of Eurobasket for me.

Italy -3 1.99 double stakes
I am leaning towards Italy too, both because I think they are a bit more disciplined and smarter (although not too much!), but the fact is that Georgia has much more incentive than Italy to win this game, because if they lose it, they will run the high risk of being eliminated if Ukraine beats Israel, which is realistic possibility... But on the other hand, they could be somewhat washed up, as you say, after their exhausting effort late last night, plus if Italy lose, they will face a strong Slovenia (coming off a 3-L streak in addition), while if they win, they will face Finland.

Now, upon further reflection I think playing Finland is a great incentive for Italy too, especially as Finland is not quite as assertive on the road as at home, and Italy beat them twice during their preparation if I'm not mistaken.

So eventually I'm going with Italy-3 too, although not with "double stakes" as you.
FJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-17, 16:35   #133
tomynica
Freshman
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Croatia
Posts: 64
tomynica is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuratCan View Post
Finland-Iceland

Barring a miracle, Slovenia will win against France, which will make this game meaningless for Finland. They will finish the group on the second place, no matter what will be the result of this game.

Markkanen had a minor injury couple games ago, Wilson and Koivisto will most probably keep sitting on the bench, there had been some aged veterans like Kotti and Rainikko who had been heavily involved lately, etc etc. This is a recuperation game for Finland, for sure they will try to thank their wonderful crowd with a win, if Finnish staff is interested with the upcoming days of the tournament, than today is the day to act accordingly.

Moreover, Finland had won against opponents like Greece and France, had a very dramatic game against Poland and gave a good fight against Slovenia. How much will they be motivated for a meaningless game they are favorited by almost 20 points? Iceland always started the games promising, but got demolished when the opponents tighten the screws. Now, they will play an uninterested team, which will most definitely use its reserves as much as it's possible.

Iceland's motivation is questionable as well, but they had a nice crowd in Helsinki and this is their last chance for redemption. They hadn't covered a single spread yet, which is unreal, as they are the only remaining team in that regard, I believe tonight that will change.

Iceland +19.5 1.934 regular stakes
Edit: Nvm, my bad.

Last edited by tomynica; 06-09-17 at 16:43.
tomynica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-17, 17:24   #134
Dimitri
Member
 
Dimitri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 259
Dimitri is on a distinguished road
Default

What an attitude to start playing streetball moves with 27 minutes left
Of course they got rewarded with a 15-0 run.
Dimitri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-17, 17:41   #135
matija
Freshman
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Slovenija NM
Posts: 118
matija is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

Guys, is there any bookies that offers to bet 1-3 place on eurobasket?

Tnx
matija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-17, 17:42   #136
matija
Freshman
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Slovenija NM
Posts: 118
matija is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile

...or the best scorer on tournament?
matija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-17, 18:22   #137
HeatAr
Member
 
HeatAr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Sofia, Bulgaria
Posts: 348
HeatAr is on a distinguished road
Default

What a bunch of f***ing italian clowns!
HeatAr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-17, 18:35   #138
FJB
Freshman
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: France
Posts: 27
FJB is on a distinguished road
Default

It's not even the free-throws missed by bird-brain Aradori (because at this point it had become a tossup already), it's about attitude. Early in the fourth, on two occasions, they allowed one Georgian (Pachulia, then Shengelia) to make a layup from coast to coast and they didn't move an inch, leaving a wide open road to the basket. That team is dumb, has no pride at all and is managed by a has been coach (who preferred to take lazy Aradori over hustler Della Valle...).

I will root for Finland in the next round, makes me sick.
FJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-17, 18:43   #139
mkuusk
Freshman
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 21
mkuusk is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatAr View Post
What a bunch of f***ing italian clowns!
Yes I made some profit with other sports today, but sadly eurobasket is not good this year. I got burned yesterday evening with eurobasket, so not taking any more bets on this. Looks way too risky. Italy problem is that they miss a lot of shots.
mkuusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-17, 18:45   #140
FJB
Freshman
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: France
Posts: 27
FJB is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJB View Post
Early in the fourth, on two occasions, they allowed one Georgian (Pachulia, then Shengelia) to make a layup from coast to coast and they didn't move an inch, leaving a wide open road to the basket.
It was not early in the 4th but mid-way actually:

5:34 -- 53-65 #7 Z. Pachulia dunk made

5:07 -- 55-65 #23 T. Shengelia dunk made


They were up 14 and those two plays where they didn't move an inch started a 12-0 run by Georgians...
FJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-17, 19:21   #141
Dimitri
Member
 
Dimitri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 259
Dimitri is on a distinguished road
Default

Soft and dumb team.
In my opinion they will play one moe match in this tournament, whoever their opponent is.
Dimitri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-17, 19:23   #142
Gentleman Jim
Freshman
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Finland
Posts: 123
Gentleman Jim is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

I believe difficult game to Finland. 2 players injured and there is no point to use much best players. Also Finland choose Iceland as their group and Finland coach think often basketball culture. Iceland surely will give all they can, Finland wants to avoid injuries and thank fans by playing a game which is also fun to watch. Finland is not anymore happy about just qualifying to next round, goal is much higher.
Gentleman Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-17, 23:06   #143
Andrei Kirilenko 47
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 282
Andrei Kirilenko 47 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJB View Post
It's not even the free-throws missed by bird-brain Aradori (because at this point it had become a tossup already), it's about attitude. Early in the fourth, on two occasions, they allowed one Georgian (Pachulia, then Shengelia) to make a layup from coast to coast and they didn't move an inch, leaving a wide open road to the basket. That team is dumb, has no pride at all and is managed by a has been coach (who preferred to take lazy Aradori over hustler Della Valle...).

I will root for Finland in the next round, makes me sick.
Best European coach with Obradovic is an "has been coach"?? Said by one that compare 2 different kind of different players as DellaValle and Aradori ("lazy" Pietro with Datome has been the best today for Italy). Are you kidding me?
Aradori can play in different positions (2-3) DellaValle can be only used as SG..it's normal that Messina preferred Aradori to fiill up his team gaps under the rim.
Messina with a team without 3 key players (Gallinari, Bargnani, Gentile) is doing a miracle; especially considering the poor quality of Italy's roster with very big problems on C position and the low depth of the bench (Italy rotate 7/8 players).

Last edited by Andrei Kirilenko 47; 06-09-17 at 23:09.
Andrei Kirilenko 47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-17, 08:47   #144
Chaz
Freshman
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 83
Chaz is on a distinguished road
Default

Hey fellas ,can someone write motivation for today,who has to win for playoffs or better spot,who doesnt care and shoud rest players....
Chaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-17, 10:08   #145
MuratCan
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: up in sky
Posts: 727
MuratCan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaz View Post
Hey fellas ,can someone write motivation for today,who has to win for playoffs or better spot,who doesnt care and shoud rest players....
taken from http://www.eurohoops.net/en/eurobask...ion-scenarios/

In Group C Spain has secured the top spot, Croatia is second and the question is who will finish third between Montenegro and Hungary. If Montenegro beats Romania, then they will secure their spot. The only scenario that gives to Hungary the third place is for them to beat Spain and Montenegro to lose to Romania.

In Group D, things at this point are more than fluid about the final standings and even a four-way tie is possible. The Serbs have the advantage in most scenarios provided they beat Belgium. In the current three-way tie between Latvia, Serbia and Russia, Serbia has the top spot and Russia is third. Serbia also holds the head to head advantage over Latvia in the case of a two-way tie. However, Latvia has to face the hosts of the tournament, Turkey, and Russia has the head to head advantage over Serbia in a possible two-way tie.

In a four-way tie, if Russia and Serbia lose to Great Britain and Belgium respectively and Turkey beats Latvia, Russia will be first, Serbia will be second, Turkey will be third and Latvia will be fourth. Turkey can also be third if they beat Latvia and also Serbia and Russia get wins. Turkey can end up second if Russia loses to Great Britain and Turkey beats Latvia by 10 points or more.

Turkey can also be third if they beat Latvia and also Serbia and Russia get wins. Turkey can end up second if Russia loses to Great Britain and Turkey beats Latvia by 10 points or more.

Russia can also end up being first by getting a win and Turkey beating Latvia.
MuratCan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-17, 11:32   #146
Dolmuahv
Freshman
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 30
Dolmuahv is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

Thank you MuratCan. Have you any betting suggestions for todays matches?
Dolmuahv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-17, 12:15   #147
Chaz
Freshman
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 83
Chaz is on a distinguished road
Default

@ MuratCan

Thanx mate.

Well i have at locals Shved 18,5+ ,if Russia needs a win then he should delievere it against the weakest defense in group.So far he is 22,22,21,20 whith pretty bad shooting precentage.
Chaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-17, 13:20   #148
FJB
Freshman
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: France
Posts: 27
FJB is on a distinguished road
Default

The only game that's really meaningful today is Turkey-Latvia.

Assuming both Serbia and Russia win,
- If Latvia win they will be 2nd, which means they will face Montenegro in 1/8,
- If they lose they will be 4th, which means Spain in 1/8
- If Turkey win they will be 3rd, which means Croatia in 1/8,
- If they lose they will be 4th, which means Spain in 1/8.

So basically both teams have one identical massive incentive: avoiding Spain next round! Now, hm, I think Latvia is the better squad, but odds seem correctly set and I don't see any value deadball...

Other than that, all games are virtually meaningless so too dangerous to bet on.
The only slightly interesting pick would be Romania+16 vs MNE because those play at home and will most likely do their best to please their fans... But +16 is not very high for the worst team in the tournament... so IDK.

There may be no action at all for me today, especially after yesterday's bad day...
FJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-17, 13:31   #149
dus@n
Super Moderator
 
dus@n's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 2,637
dus@n is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason87 View Post
mate from which planet are u? if latvia wins they are 1st.. russia will win britain like serbia will win belgium.. latvia serbia and russia will have same points like they have now.. so it is circle between them, and better point difference have latvia.. u funny ...
Jason calm down. You are WRONG! If Serbia wins, Serbia is FIRST because of the best pts difference in this circle. FJB is in right
dus@n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-17, 13:36   #150
vladamadjar
Freshman
 
vladamadjar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Belgrade, Serbia
Posts: 31
vladamadjar is on a distinguished road
Default

mate from which planet are u?
vladamadjar is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



 
Last BA mainsite picks
Updated every 2nd min.

Advertisement




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 22:08.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.