BWIN Pinnacle 888sport Bet365 10BET Gamebookers Betfair BET-AT-HOME Expekt 5Dimes CANBET

Go Back   Bettingadvice forum > Other sports > Basketball

Basketball Everything to do with basket !!!

PINNACLE - accept very large stakes! Low juice!

Online Sports Betting at Pinnacle Sports
BET365: Simply the best bookie for livebetting! PINNACLE: BA's all time favourite bookmaker. Great odds!

Old 24-08-17, 21:58   #1
[mj84]
Freshman

[mj84] is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Eurobasket 2017

The odds are more or less settled and final preparation games are being played, it is time to get ready for the action.

Turkey - Russia 2

Turkey
PG: Bobby Dixon
SG: Sinan Güler
SF: Cedi Osman
PF: Baris Hersek
C: Semih Erden
Players worth mentioning from the bench are Korkmaz, Aldemir and Mahmutoglu.
Very mediocre team on paper looks even worse watching live. Dixon is a decent player, but has so much on his hands that it***8217;s really easy to ***8220;read***8221; their play. Frontline can defend, but not capable nor sufficiently involved into offence.

Russia
PG: Dmitry Khvostov
SG: Alexey Shved
SF: Nikita Kurbanov
PF: Andrey Vorontsevich
C: Timofey Mozgov
It is a bit hard to trust russians having in mind their results in past decade, but they bring a capable team to Turkey. Shved, Fridzon, Vorontsevich and Mozgov is a core that will give problems to most teams in the competition. Decent bench with brothers Kulagin, Semen Antonov - all CSKA players. This year team head coach is Sergei Bazarevich and I see it as an improvement, too.

I pick Russia to win w/o OT, as it is very close to 50/50 and big value with the odds still at @3.7 on 1xbet as of right now. [3.75 betfair market]

Group D winner
For group D I see two potential winners - it's either Latvia with Porzingis or Serbia with tons of talent, even without Teo. I just do not see Turkey finishing on top, even with their good results in last friendly games. My bet is latvian and serbian fans will support their teams to the level it can be easy to forget Turkey plays at home. Should be especially true with Serbia.

Main bet Latvia to win, taking Serbia to win, too - to cover.
Latvia @13
Serbia @1.75

Last edited by Macot; 31-08-17 at 18:34.
[mj84] is offline   Reply With Quote

PINNACLE SPORTS: One of the very best. New website!

Old 28-08-17, 20:14   #2
[mj84]
Freshman

Pick: Israel
Odds: 2.55
Stake: 6/10

Since Italy lost Galinari they seem less interested and certainly less powerful. Israel on the other hand brings a really good team, they might be a "lesser name" in basketball and even now their roster is a bit below Italy's, but they are a better team. Standart 6/10 bet.
Old 30-08-17, 13:45   #3
Chaz
Freshman

Chaz is on a distinguished road

Spain and Lithuania winn their gropus odds 2,3

Rubio MVP odds 41 bet365
Chaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-17, 19:35   #4
FightBoy

FightBoy is on a distinguished road

Slovenia-Poland
Poland+6
odd:2.01 pinnacle
stake:2/10

Matches between those teams always was close,in their last three games two of them win Slovenia and one Poland but one of that defeats was after overtime and another only by couple of points.Slovenia on paper loks better than Poland but Polish team looks great in preparation games and have really good USA coach Mike Tylor.They play unselfish and without best player from NBA Gortat play more like a team with good defence and long bench,many players are threat from 3-point line only Centers don't have that play in their arsenal.Poland in preparation games before Eurobasket win vs Czech,Russia,Germany,Latvia really good teams and lose some really close games vs Latvia and Israel.They will be ready so I m looking forward for some great chances to close game,maybe even win.

Last edited by FightBoy; 30-08-17 at 19:42.
FightBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-17, 20:27   #5
Dimitri

Dimitri is on a distinguished road

Guys, in previous Eurobaskets there used to be (I think Spanish) link with all the friendlies of participating teams.
Does anyone have this? MNTipster I'm looking at you
Dimitri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-17, 20:35   #6
[mj84]
Freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimitri View Post
Guys, in previous Eurobaskets there used to be (I think Spanish) link with all the friendlies of participating teams.
here you can find all friendlies, rosters and news: http://www.eurohoops.net/en/eurobask...et-2017-guide/

and here you can find Eurobasket betting competition with prizes from Pinnacle:
https://stakehunters.com/eurobasket-2017-competition
Old 30-08-17, 20:43   #7
Dimitri

Thanks mate.
This is not it though, the one I need had box scores with full stats for all the games.
Old 30-08-17, 21:26   #8
SIJ
Freshman

SIJ is an unknown quantity at this point

@Dimitri

I guess you are searching for this one:

http://www.acb.com/redaccion.php?id=133784
SIJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-17, 22:45   #9
Dimitri

Si Senor!
Gracias.
Old 31-08-17, 02:31   #10
[mj84]
Freshman

Pick: Pau Gasol
Odds: 4.00
Stake: 8/10

Pau is getting older, but he's still a beast on European level. Things get much easier because of some big names missing the championship. In Eurobasket 2015 he had an average of 25.6 - that was 6 points higher than second in the list with same number of games.

Biggest competition for Pau is Bogdan Bogdanovic, Dragic, Saric, Bojan Bogdanovic, De Colo and his own brother Marc. But most of them still have to reach semi-finals to be a real threat and for Spain it's close to a sure thing. I see him as a clear favourite and great value bet with @4.

Most times top scorer:
1st 4 Nikos Galis
2nd 3 Pau Gasol

And that is the reason I'm sure Marc and the whole team will help Pau to finish his Eurobasket run next to the legend Nikos Galis.

http://mj.stakehunters.com/
Old 31-08-17, 07:45   #11
[mj84]
Freshman

Pick: Denys Lukashov (UKR) UNDER 8.5
Odds: 1.85
Stake: 8/10

It would be a standart total for Lukashov - he is a very limited player, but on this Ukraine team he just have to score some. But my bet is he will much more pass today, as Germany has pretty weak defensive frontline and the plan should be to give as much balls to the paint as possible. Another thing - he will be against one of the bigger stars of the tournament Dennis Schroder, who will make him work as a horse on the defensive end. Schroder is also a very capable defender and just another level player overall. Quick fouls should also be taken into account. Even playing at home, I see Lukashov scoring 4-8 points, making right total about 6.5 in this case.
Old 31-08-17, 08:19   #12
MuratCan

MuratCan is an unknown quantity at this point

Slovenia-Poland

Neither of the coaches are particularly overish coaches, but looking to the squads on paper, they don't have too much chances to win without pushing the tempo. Poland will use lots of small ball fives, where Kulig plays at 5, as Karnowski is the only viable true 5 they have, but as he lacks pro basketball experience, I doubt he'll be used extensively. All the best players of the team, Ponitka, Waczynski and Slaughter will thrive with high tempo game.

Whereas, even though Kokoskov is a methodical coach with a no bullshit approach, his best chances for his team to impress are to give Dragic-Doncic duo the freedom they need and get creative with line ups to maximize Randolph's offensive arsenal, as after those three, Slovenia has a very limited squad. Vidmar will have his minutes, but he doesn't seem a nice fit next to Randolph and his free shooting problems will make Kokoskov to give up on him.

It's an early game in an unknown territory, so it's hard to get too much excited with an over bet. But nevertheless I calculated the line couple field goals bigger than the current one.

Over 154.5 1.97 regular stakes

Lithuania-Georgia

This seems as one of the weakest Lithuanian teams of recent tournaments. They still have no one behind Kalnietis, who is one of the hardest players to depend for whole game. Motiejunas had an empty season, Valanciunas is coming off a long season and his game doesn't translate as well as it should be to the national team. For sure, guys like Grigonis and Kuzminskas will take the required steps further, but the overall team depth seems uninspiring as well.

No doubt, friendly games shouldn't be taken too much serious, but as a team which keeps the core for several years, it wasn't that surprising to see some of the Georgia's results. The front court of Pachulia, Shermadini and Shengelia is the real deal and the back court is intriguing as well. They don't have any depth whatsoever and they are an old squad, so a decline is quite possible as the tournament progresses, but they should give a proper fight at the early stages of it against not so dominating teams.

Georgia is superior in some particular departments and I expect them to keep this game closer than the bookies predict.

Georgia +6.5 1.943 regular stakes

France-Finland

France had always been a threat in European basketball and the main distinctive edge they had was the athleticism. But, this is the least athletic French squad I've seen. Sure, De Colo is a true MVP material and they have some interesting role players who will pay their dues. But without Gobert, it's hard to expect them to have an intimidating defense. Moreover, they seem to have a quite unbalanced team and I have my doubts for coach Collet to use this crowded back court properly.

Besides being the hosts, Finnish team has the continuity, both on the bench and on the court. Definitely they are a serious team and Frenchmen don't have enough to exploit their physical and athletic weaknesses, may be for the first time in recent history. They have a high volume offense, which will most definitely be on the top at home territory and a high spirited teamwork.

Keeping the focus and concentration might become handy for a backdoor cover if it's needed, against a French team which will think the upcoming days. On top of of everything, arrival of Markkanen will bring a new dimension which Finnish team never had.

I believe this is the best bet of the first day, hosts will keep this game within single digit, against a French team which seems much less dimensional in this campaign.

Finland +11.5 1.943 double stakes

Line and odds are from pinnacle
MuratCan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-17, 09:35   #13
match box
Freshman

match box is an unknown quantity at this point

Few words about Lithuania - Georgia game.

D. Motiejunas should miss the match, cause he will come today in Tel Aviv from USA (became a dad). It's a blow, but he isn't such a great player, he never had a great tournament with LTU national team jerseys.
match box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-17, 09:41   #14
match box
Freshman

match box is an unknown quantity at this point

I took last week Finland ML @ 8. Beleive in fins and have a feeling this would be a bigest surprise of the first round.

Salin, Koponen, Markkanen, even old fox Rannikko can hit a threes. They will have big home crowd. And support from hard workers Murphy, Wilson and Huff can cause problems.
Not much to say something new about France team, they are weaker as used to be, IMO.

So expect a surprise from home team.
match box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-17, 12:41   #15
FJB
Freshman

FJB is on a distinguished road

I tend to agree with what's been said about Finland vs France (value on Finland).

Perhaps it is only anecdotal, but I'd like to point out also the fact that Dettman was fired by Strasbourg last year and replaced with... Collet, so that might be an extra motivation for Finns. In addition, after he was fired, Lassi Tuovi (his assistant) stayed in Strasbourg and worked under Collet for the remainder of the season, which means he's cognizant of many systems used by him.
FJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-17, 13:02   #16
lovebetting 2

lovebetting 2 is on a distinguished road

Eurobasket and there is no Dus@n?

Am i missing something??
lovebetting 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-17, 14:01   #17
FJB
Freshman

Congrats to Hrycaniuk for back-stabbing his own team!

It was 48-46 in 1st half, then he made an unsportsmanlike foul because he wanted to act tough with Doncic, and then Slovenia went on a 13-0 run... and counting!
Old 31-08-17, 16:51   #18
MNtipster
Freshman

MNtipster is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
You remember that
MNtipster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-17, 17:30   #19
Dimitri

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovebetting 2 View Post
Eurobasket and there is no Dus@n?

Am i missing something??
He went to Turkey to serve as an assistant coach for Djordjevic.
Expect some inside info
Old 31-08-17, 17:56   #20
MNtipster
Freshman

MNtipster is an unknown quantity at this point

Israel at home look nice think for SW. Finalnd can go in over or h1 on 11 some value have..
MNtipster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-17, 19:24   #21
Chaz
Freshman

Smile

I really cant remember watching such bad performance by some coach like right now with Liutvanian coach.Absolute disaster.Valanciunas scored 8 in 1st qtr and after that almost didnt touch the ball.Best player of the team then benched for 10min in 2.half and even though Pachulia was in foul trouble(had 4 in 3rd qtr already) in last 20 minutes,not a single play at post for Jonas.Instead guys like Gecevicius and Milaknis shooting 3s from unreasonable positions.Unseen.Georgia deserved the win.Whatta performance by Shengelia.
Still cant believe such a good national team with great tradition has so terrible coach
Old 31-08-17, 19:28   #22
Dimitri

Decision to go for a tough 3 for the win instead driving at the basket (they had plenty of time, almost 8 sec) was the worst.
Old 31-08-17, 19:32   #23
Chaz
Freshman

Quote:
Decision to go for a tough 3 for the win instead driving at the basket (they had plenty of time, almost 8 sec) was the worst.

Like cherry on a cake.
Old 31-08-17, 21:06   #24
Sev
Freshman

Sev is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuratCan View Post
Slovenia-Poland

Neither of the coaches are particularly overish coaches, but looking to the squads on paper, they don't have too much chances to win without pushing the tempo. Poland will use lots of small ball fives, where Kulig plays at 5, as Karnowski is the only viable true 5 they have, but as he lacks pro basketball experience, I doubt he'll be used extensively. All the best players of the team, Ponitka, Waczynski and Slaughter will thrive with high tempo game.

Whereas, even though Kokoskov is a methodical coach with a no bullshit approach, his best chances for his team to impress are to give Dragic-Doncic duo the freedom they need and get creative with line ups to maximize Randolph's offensive arsenal, as after those three, Slovenia has a very limited squad. Vidmar will have his minutes, but he doesn't seem a nice fit next to Randolph and his free shooting problems will make Kokoskov to give up on him.

It's an early game in an unknown territory, so it's hard to get too much excited with an over bet. But nevertheless I calculated the line couple field goals bigger than the current one.

Over 154.5 1.97 regular stakes

Lithuania-Georgia

This seems as one of the weakest Lithuanian teams of recent tournaments. They still have no one behind Kalnietis, who is one of the hardest players to depend for whole game. Motiejunas had an empty season, Valanciunas is coming off a long season and his game doesn't translate as well as it should be to the national team. For sure, guys like Grigonis and Kuzminskas will take the required steps further, but the overall team depth seems uninspiring as well.

No doubt, friendly games shouldn't be taken too much serious, but as a team which keeps the core for several years, it wasn't that surprising to see some of the Georgia's results. The front court of Pachulia, Shermadini and Shengelia is the real deal and the back court is intriguing as well. They don't have any depth whatsoever and they are an old squad, so a decline is quite possible as the tournament progresses, but they should give a proper fight at the early stages of it against not so dominating teams.

Georgia is superior in some particular departments and I expect them to keep this game closer than the bookies predict.

Georgia +6.5 1.943 regular stakes

France-Finland

France had always been a threat in European basketball and the main distinctive edge they had was the athleticism. But, this is the least athletic French squad I've seen. Sure, De Colo is a true MVP material and they have some interesting role players who will pay their dues. But without Gobert, it's hard to expect them to have an intimidating defense. Moreover, they seem to have a quite unbalanced team and I have my doubts for coach Collet to use this crowded back court properly.

Besides being the hosts, Finnish team has the continuity, both on the bench and on the court. Definitely they are a serious team and Frenchmen don't have enough to exploit their physical and athletic weaknesses, may be for the first time in recent history. They have a high volume offense, which will most definitely be on the top at home territory and a high spirited teamwork.

Keeping the focus and concentration might become handy for a backdoor cover if it's needed, against a French team which will think the upcoming days. On top of of everything, arrival of Markkanen will bring a new dimension which Finnish team never had.

I believe this is the best bet of the first day, hosts will keep this game within single digit, against a French team which seems much less dimensional in this campaign.

Finland +11.5 1.943 double stakes

Line and odds are from pinnacle
****in great job mate!
Sev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-17, 21:10   #25
zorbathegreek84
banned

zorbathegreek84 is on a distinguished road

Great! Thanks Murat!
zorbathegreek84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-17, 21:33   #26
FJB
Freshman

Finland won, who would have thought!! Just kidding... Actually Finns didn't play that well, except for Q1 and late in the game...

There's one enemy within in this French team, it is Boris Overweight Diaw. Missed a number of bunnies that proved costly in the end...

And there's one supertalent in this Suomi team, it is Markkanen. Huge shots in the crunch time, looks super reliable and mature already.
Old 01-09-17, 05:14   #27
qwbot

qwbot is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for Finland and Georgia guys, ml's done easy
I like Romania today:
-they will play at home
-romanian coach said that their goal is to win 2 games in group and Czech team have some missings in squad
-odds 6+
qwbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-17, 08:30   #28
ucosk

ucosk is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJB View Post
Finland won, who would have thought!! Just kidding... Actually Finns didn't play that well, except for Q1 and late in the game...

There's one enemy within in this French team, it is Boris Overweight Diaw. Missed a number of bunnies that proved costly in the end...

And there's one supertalent in this Suomi team, it is Markkanen. Huge shots in the crunch time, looks super reliable and mature already.
Begins with Thomas ends with Heurtel.. And also the head coach who decides playing with him.
ucosk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-17, 10:18   #29
MuratCan

MuratCan is an unknown quantity at this point

Hungary - Croatia

Hungarians don't have a deep team whatsoever, but they have couple underappreciated interesting players at the back court, a legitimate go-to-guy Hanga and most importantly, continuity on the bench and on the court. They will have their scoring droughts, because they have a limited team with doubtful depth, but they are not that bad to deserve the biggest line of the first games.

Croats seem to continue doing the same mistakes. Again, they have a very shiny squad on paper, but their point guards are not distributors, there is not a single guy with a plus defense amongst the ones who will share majority of the minutes and the coach Petrovic had been tried several times before, but failed to impress. They will need several balls, but ironically their guards can't breathe without ball in their hands.

This is a huge line to cover for a team with everlasting questionable chemistry, vulnerable defenders all around the court, except couple role players at the wing positions, and a shaky record as such huge favorites. For Hungarians, the next game against Montenegro might start to seem more important if Croats take an early lead, but I doubt they will go down without fighting in the first ever Eurobasket game of their country after '99.

Hungary +17 1.943 regular stakes

Spain - Montenegro

Spain will miss Llull's balls at the crucial moments and I would prefer one more shooter rather than the fifth big guy, but still this is an intimidating Spanish team. Coach Scariolo can use line ups with at least three plus defenders all the time, they own the far best front court of the tournament and the supplementary pieces in every position. Navarro might seem shaky, but let's not forget, after ages, his role will again be to be the main outside scorer, a role which he thrived in all his career.

Albeit the quality difference, this particular match up will be lethal against Montenegro. Rice becomes a pain in the ass when he can't find the space to attack to the basket, so it will not help to be guarded by one of the most underestimated defenders of the scene, Rubio. Also amongst the players who will share most of the minutes, Montenegrins don't have adequate number of reliable shooters to space the floor and to prevent Spanish trees to crowd the paint.

I can't imagine a single major department in which Montenegro will have the edge. I expect Spain to dominate defensively and to exhaust Montenegro by exploiting the paint and dominating the rebounds. Tomorrow, Montenegro will play against Hungary and that is much more important than this game, whereas Spain rarely hesitates to win big if there is a chance, under coach Scariolo.

Spain -12.5 1.952 regular stakes

Lines and odds are from Pinnacle
MuratCan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-17, 12:22   #30
b.damatoglu
Freshman

b.damatoglu is on a distinguished road

You did a great job yesterday Murat. Lines for Hungary seems like dropped a bit. Is it still the same in pinnacle?

SM-J710FQ cihaz***305;mdan Tapatalk kullan***305;larak gönderildi
b.damatoglu is offline   Reply With Quote