BWIN Pinnacle 888sport Bet365 10BET Gamebookers Betfair BET-AT-HOME Expekt 5Dimes CANBET

Go Back   Bettingadvice forum > Soccer >
Champions League

Champions League
Predictions and analysis for CL games.
Bet on Champions League at:
PINNACLE - accept very large stakes! Low juice!

Online Sports Betting at Pinnacle Sports
BET365: Simply the best bookie for livebetting! PINNACLE: BA's all time favourite bookmaker. Great odds!

Old 10-09-17, 14:54   #1
Wilson
Super Moderator

Wilson is on a distinguished road
Default FC Porto - Besiktas 13 Sep

1.53 4.01 6.64
Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote

PINNACLE SPORTS: One of the very best. New website!

Old 10-09-17, 22:24   #2
Rado

Rado is on a distinguished road

Besiktas are a decent team and they are stronger than last season. I don't understand why Porto are clear favourite like this. Porto's first choice striker Aboubakar was on-loan at Besiktas last season and he was not a regular striker there. Strangely, Aboubakar is suspended here because of his red card in Besiktas last season. Maxi Pereira (Is he injured? he was not in squad in the last 30 days) is also suspended for Porto. Besiktas have stronger squad than Porto. 'Names' are not playing on the pitch, but Besiktas are also a decent team by the aspect of organisation. They are able to play their game even in away games. Besiktas got two draws against Benfica last season, both with late goals, but overeally Besiktas were no worse than Benfica. I am on Besiktas +1 AH @ 2.00 SBOBET. I think this line should be +0.50, at most.

Last edited by Rado; 10-09-17 at 22:59.
Rado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-17, 08:29   #3
FrancisWade

FrancisWade is on a distinguished road

One of our biggest improvements from what we've seen on the last seasons, probably the most important one, is the attitude on the field. With Conceição as a manager players run and fight for the ball, there is no place for laziness like with some other dumb coachs like Nuno Espirito Santo and etc.

I have some concerns for this game. Aboubakar is out and he is a big miss because we are short on almost every single position. Marega and Soares will start at frount, most probably (unless Conceição prefers to start MCO Otávio and having a striker on the bench, otherwise he won't have). It's sad that after so many years wasting tons of money in mediocre players and rentable deals for the administration and friends, our only reinforcment for this season was a goalkeeper that is the 3rd option. We are lacking options on some positions and i'm afraid we will have big troubles if one or two key players gets injured.

Our group is one of the most unpredictable of the competion because every team will get points from the others, that means home games are crucial for the final standings.
Porto will want to win the game, in a group like this one the first game at home may define the whole group stage but i don't see Porto pressing hard from the start to score earlier. I don't know what to expect from Besiktas gameplan but if they plan to give us the ball and counter attack to try to score a goal, under may be a good option.
FrancisWade is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-17, 08:35   #4
FrancisWade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rado View Post
Maxi Pereira (Is he injured? he was not in squad in the last 30 days) is also suspended for Porto.
Ricardo Pereira is better than him. And yes, i also agree that line should be at +0.5 . 5 wins on 5 games with 13-0 goal average is a good sign but this is Champions League and the level is much higher, with all the respect for our internal rivals.
Old 11-09-17, 10:55   #5
Miccho

Miccho is on a distinguished road

I am with Rado here. This is example of "reputation pricing". Porto gets such handicap only because of their name and reputation, but Porto has been far from their past strength in the last few seasons, when they consistently underperform in Liga Sagres and Europe, and are full of mediocre players.

This Besiktas team is very well-gelled, developed and reinforced for several seasons under the same manager, and having earned plenty of European experience and confidence after last season's run in Europe League. I think Besiktas excels Porto in terms of experience, individual quality and team chemistry.

The handicap should be -0.25 at best, never -1
Miccho is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-17, 11:57   #6
b.damatoglu
Freshman

b.damatoglu is on a distinguished road

I can not imagine BJK won't be able to score against Porto. BJK to score @ 1.79 is banker.

SM-J710FQ cihaz***305;mdan Tapatalk kullan***305;larak gönderildi
b.damatoglu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-17, 23:23   #7
Mr Unnamed
Freshman

Mr Unnamed is on a distinguished road

Besiktas missing several players, such as Töre, Gonul, Boyko and Nukan, how big of a blow are these absences? Porto has been trashing their opponents at home this season and looked good but this is obviously a step up in competition. This is a tricky group for every team, very interesting.

Some thoughts from Turkish tipsters would be appreciated.
Mr Unnamed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-17, 06:50   #8
b.damatoglu
Freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Unnamed View Post
Besiktas missing several players, such as Töre, Gonul, Boyko and Nukan, how big of a blow are these absences? Porto has been trashing their opponents at home this season and looked good but this is obviously a step up in competition. This is a tricky group for every team, very interesting.

Only Gonul is important. Rest is already out of squad or rotation players. But BJK has good backup players for Gonul. Missings have no effect.

Old 12-09-17, 10:19   #9
Rado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Unnamed View Post

Gokhan Tore was on-loan at West Ham last season and he missed the 2nd half of 2015-2016 season with Besiktas due to injury. So he is out for a very long time. Besiktas have signed winger Ryan Babel one year ago and they also signed Jeremain Lens this summer. They already have Quaresma. So they have three quality wingers. Boyko is reserve goalie, Nukan is not even a matchday squad member. Gokhan Gonul is the most important missing here. The best Turkish right-back. Besiktas also parted ways with reserve right-back Beck (average player). Before international break, versatile defender Adriano played as right-back. He was not very good but still did better than Beck, not on same level with Gokhan Gonul though. Adriano also missed the last game due to injury and midfielder Necip played as right-back, he was terrible. Adriano is back from injury. Gary Medel is also an option for right-back. Still, all these players cannot perform on same level with Gokhan Gonul. So he is the only important missing.
Old 12-09-17, 12:27   #10
Mr Unnamed
Freshman

Mr Unnamed is on a distinguished road

Thanks for a good breakdown damatoglu and Rado! Besiktas are getting underestimated by the bookies here, i have the feeling of a draw in this encounter but either team could grind out a slight win. I also like the u 2.5 in here.
Mr Unnamed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-17, 16:15   #11
mightyimp1

mightyimp1 is on a distinguished road

The absence of Aboubakar is one a notable one. He is the main guy in this Porto team in attack I think. Porto certainly are much lower odds than they should be but I still rank them as the likelier winner. Besiktas not always the most reliable in Europe and Porto are very strong at home.
mightyimp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-17, 10:19   #12
SeanPrice
Freshman

SeanPrice is on a distinguished road

Besiktas +1.5 or Besiktas not to lose?
SeanPrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-17, 15:05   #13
fluorescente

fluorescente is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't see value backing the home team here at such odds and I don't believe Besiktas will be able to grab a victory. I rather look at goals tonight and pointing to under 2.5 goals

Porto's main strength this season is their defense. A lot of quality commanded by Danilo. Everyone in Portugal is giving credit to Sergio Conceição because he managed to reunite the club again despite having few resources (financial fair play limited their budget for the season). The main problem is Porto's bench and second choices. Even though their starting 11 is really strong, when someone is missing you notice a decrease qualitywise. And there's a huge gap between what Aboubakar can deliver and Tiquinho or Marega. Tiquinho is probably one of the dumbest strikers around. He has strength and battles a lot but brain? Zero. Marega... Well, wait and see for yourselves

Although Porto lacks finishing, I think they will be able to control possession and this will give little room for Besiktas to attack. Porto's fullbacks Alex Telles and Ricardo, alongside Danilo, Oliver, Corona and Brahimi will be the core of Porto's football and Talisca, Hutchinson, Ozyakup and Necip Uysal they're not going to have an easy night.

I don't expect a lot of goals because usually Porto's possession football doesnt generates a lot of chances. Without Aboubakar is even harder for them to score. Also, I don't believe Besiktas will be able to balance possession and attack regularly. That's why I think everything points to under 2.5 goals
fluorescente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-17, 16:43   #14
Rado

Besiktas are an offensive minded team so you always need to be careful with unders when Besiktas are involved. Not only for this game, generally. Good luck.
Old 13-09-17, 16:49   #15
FrancisWade

Rado, what's the turkish media prediction for the starting 11?

Fabri; Adriano, Pepe, Tosic, Caner; Hutchinson, Özyakup, Quaresma, Talisca, Babel; Negredo ?
Old 13-09-17, 17:39   #16
b.damatoglu
Freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rado View Post
Besiktas are an offensive minded team so you always need to be careful with unders when Besiktas are involved. Not only for this game, generally. Good luck.
I agree. For under predictions above only home side is considered. BJK is easy conceder, easy scorer...
A first half goal will drive the match to over. And I am sure that BJK will score at least 1 goal.

Last edited by b.damatoglu; 13-09-17 at 17:42.
Old 13-09-17, 17:42   #17
qwbot

qwbot is an unknown quantity at this point

8.2 on Besiktas, really? Half of team are proven winners (Champions League, Copa America, Euro, EPL and so on), dunno why odds so high, maybe something we don't know, but i will take anyway.
qwbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-17, 18:09   #18
b.damatoglu
Freshman

I am thinking to bet all the bank on +1.25 BJK

Last year BJK was destroyed by referees. Will we see something like that again?

Or is it a trap to make bettors move on home side, fake dog?

There is nothing reasonable with those odds.

True odds should be s.thing like that: 1.9 - 4.00 - 3.5

Last edited by b.damatoglu; 13-09-17 at 18:15.
Old 13-09-17, 18:39   #19
rulers
Freshman

rulers is on a distinguished road

I see a lot of love for Besiktas. You people are very brave for betting on Turkish teams. On paper they might look good but on the field they let you down most of the time.
rulers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-17, 19:10   #20
b.damatoglu
Freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by rulers View Post
I see a lot of love for Besiktas. You people are very brave for betting on Turkish teams. On paper they might look good but on the field they let you down most of the time.
It is not about BJK. It is about odds. Last year in naples(when napoli was in an unbeaten series) BJK odds were 7.25. And BJK won 2-3.

Today it is 8.5, it is unbelievable.

https://twitter.com/PinnacleSports/s...31852874788866

Last edited by b.damatoglu; 13-09-17 at 19:35.
Old 13-09-17, 19:33   #21
Nikko

Nikko has a little shameless behaviour in the past

I agree, odds are not correct, Besiktas has more chances to get something here. +1.5 in combos is a safe deal i feel. =)
Nikko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-17, 21:27   #22
sirac

sirac is on a distinguished road

Really great thread with lots of quality info. Cheers, guys!
Old 13-09-17, 21:28   #23
Miccho

Miccho is on a distinguished road

Grande Besiktas, grande eagles!
Miccho is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-17, 21:31   #24
Breizhtois

Breizhtois is on a distinguished road

GG guys, very clever thoughts
Breizhtois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-17, 21:37   #25
qwbot

qwbot is an unknown quantity at this point

Besiktaaaaaas! Nice fake pump. Porto bettors tried to mess with Rado and his info on turkish teams, keep trying
qwbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-17, 21:40   #26
b.damatoglu
Freshman

I bet on BJK at 5th minute @8.5. Great profit today

Old 13-09-17, 22:13   #27
Rado

Thanks and congrats to other members who shared infos. Besiktas did not surprise anyone in Turkey. Still, it is not easy to play like this on this level. And for some parts in the 2nd half, Besiktas were all over the place. Porto were dominating the game but they lacked quality in the penalty area. Aboubakar's return will be a boost for Porto but I think this team is nowhere near of old Porto.
Old 13-09-17, 23:07   #28
Nikko

Nikko has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikko View Post
I agree, odds are not correct, Besiktas has more chances to get something here. +1.5 in combos is a safe deal i feel. =)
And safe it was xD

Last edited by Nikko; 13-09-17 at 23:10.
Nikko is offline   Reply With Quote