This site is for adults 18+ due to gambling/betting content. If you have a problem with gambling issues, or need information, please visit:
Gambling Help Online Gamblers Anonymous Gambling Therapy Gamble Aware Jugadores Anonimos JugarBIEN BeGambleAware GamCare

Go Back   Bettingadvice forum > ChitChat and Competitions > Chit-Chat

Chit-Chat Discuss injuries, offside rules, Beckhams new hairdo, etc.

Online Sports Betting at Pinnacle Sports
BET365: Simply the best bookie for livebetting! PINNACLE: BA's all time favourite bookmaker. Great odds!

Old 12-12-08, 21:56   #361
crossfire
Freshman

crossfire is an unknown quantity at this point

Taken (2008)

Liam Neeson, Maggie Grace, Famke Janssen

Perfect high speed actions, with fantastic Liam Neeson.
crossfire is offline   Reply With Quote

PINNACLE SPORTS: One of the very best. New website!

Old 02-01-09, 13:51   #362
George_Hanson
Super Moderator

George_Hanson is an unknown quantity at this point

"Dark Knight" is not the best I have ever watched, but it is damn entertaining for sure. Heath Ledger overshadowed Jack Nicholson with his Joker role imo.
George_Hanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-09, 14:04   #363
A.C.A.B.
Freshman

A.C.A.B. is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Che: Part One

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0892255/
A.C.A.B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-09, 23:07   #364
tomel

tomel is an unknown quantity at this point

Oldboy must see.......... not the newest one, but really good one, let me know what do you think after you watch it......
tomel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-09, 23:12   #365
George_Hanson
Super Moderator

Default Re: Che: Part One

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.C.A.B.
I think that "Diarios de motocicleta"

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0318462/

are 10x better
Old 20-02-09, 14:55   #366
polaki

polaki is an unknown quantity at this point

watched The Defiance last night.great movie,true story from world war II and suffering of Jews in Belarussian forests.must see really.
polaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-09, 20:45   #367
Daywalker

Daywalker is an unknown quantity at this point

I recommend Seven Pounds
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0814314/
Daywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-09, 21:27   #368
AllenR34

AllenR34 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywalker View Post
I recommend Seven Pounds
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0814314/
I think it was quite boring and not as touching as I expected it to be. A predictable and unethical movie, with Will Smith trying to save it with a somewhat inadequite performances, gladly no oscar nominations this time. Didn't like it, was neutral form start till the end, expected a lot better after watching the trailer, at least thought there might be twists and turns.
AllenR34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-09, 22:32   #369
Backizagre Stuhpa

Backizagre Stuhpa is an unknown quantity at this point

My fav is Cidade de Deus (City of God)
Backizagre Stuhpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-09, 22:33   #370
George_Hanson
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backizagre Stuhpa View Post
My fav is Cidade de Deus (City of God)

Big movie.
Old 02-03-09, 23:21   #371
kfcpro
Super Moderator

kfcpro is too sexykfcpro is too sexykfcpro is too sexykfcpro is too sexykfcpro is too sexykfcpro is too sexykfcpro is too sexykfcpro is too sexykfcpro is too sexykfcpro is too sexykfcpro is too sexy

Quote:
Originally Posted by polaki View Post
watched The Defiance last night.great movie,true story from world war II and suffering of Jews in Belarussian forests.must see really.

In terms of historical facts this film is a rubbish in a hollywood style.Main hero in reality was actually same murder like germans during wwII. (i mention it as he is shown in movie as a some kind of holy "hero" that was fighting against them mainly )

Bielski in reality (played by daniel craig) had his harem of females that had no other choice because of war situation.(does not look so saint,does it?)

Bielski brothers wre authors of genocide,they took part in a massacre where 128 polish people accused for connections with AK (armia krajowa-biggest underground army in history of wwII,fighted on every front, in same "team" as allies obviously and have monuments across all western europe for their great achievements in fight against germans )

Bielski made force of some jewish people,and they were making attacks on poor and hungry civilian peasants on countrysides etc to feed themselves and russian partisants.They robbed them and had food,but those that were robbed starved to death.

This movie shows Bielski as a fighter against Germans.But in reality probably the only major "fight" they made whenthey killed mentioned earlier 120 people (including kids and females).

So in reality Belski was a bandit,author of genocide ,and was collaborating with russiand,and what kind of "wealth" red army bringed on polish,lithuanian,ukrainian etc terrains,and even east germany we know.

Actually this movie do not show even 10% of true as you see.

Just another hollywood piece of ****.It would be interesting maybe as i like topic of wwII.But as it is one big lie,just to make the movie as a good selling hit,i have to protest and write some words how history looked.

And if you interest in later history of Bielski;s brothers,after war,you clearly see that it was just a bunch of criminalists.

one of them lives today,but he has a "home arrest" in palm beach,and he tries to avoid going to prison,despite the fact that he is old as hell

and this is the glorious history of those killers and bandits

Last edited by kfcpro; 02-03-09 at 23:44.
kfcpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-09, 23:35   #372
kfcpro
Super Moderator

kfcpro is too sexykfcpro is too sexykfcpro is too sexykfcpro is too sexykfcpro is too sexykfcpro is too sexykfcpro is too sexykfcpro is too sexykfcpro is too sexykfcpro is too sexykfcpro is too sexy

And i will add,that obviosuly some pople might say that i am a pole and this is bullshit,but nahh,i just showed real story,and it will be officialy declared in future by officials (JUST CHECK BIELSKI'S RECORD AFER WAR ENDED),investigation is started already as too much people that survived wwII are annoyed with this ****,and their families . Equally good we can wait for a movie that will show Hitler as a great person that loved peace ,it will have same historical "true" as this one.

"in memory of 127 people from Nalibok murdered in 8 V 1943"

And if some Jewish people read it,i want to write to them,that maybe Bielski was a Jew,but those jews that he "saved" he used only for his dirty purposes.Thats what about his "saving" them was.And accidentally somehow they managed thanks to it survive war.So from Jewish point of view now people can say that he saved some jewish people.But in reality he just used them (fe. harem) and made a group of partisants of them. There was no glory in anyting connected with Bielski's.

And if people want a hero to record a movie

WHY NOONE RECORDED MOVIE ABOUT POLISH WOMEN IRENA SENDLEROWA,she really saved 2500 Jewish kids and it is totally confirmed and accepted countrywide (isreaelian yad vashem gave her order ).I hope someday someoen will describe this beautifull story ,not seeking for some hollywood rubbish like this one about Bielski's.

Last edited by kfcpro; 03-03-09 at 00:15.
Old 03-03-09, 00:18   #373
Caveman

Caveman is an unknown quantity at this point

strongly recommend "Pineapple Express"
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0910936/
one of best comedies I 've seen recently, Seth Rogen in absolutely top form.

torrent link:
http://www.mininova.org/tor/2048897
matching engl. subs:
http://www.opensubtitles.org/en/subt...ple-express-en

Last edited by Caveman; 03-03-09 at 00:24.
Caveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-09, 00:46   #374
le_celtics123
banned

le_celtics123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caveman View Post
strongly recommend "Pineapple Express"
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0910936/
one of best comedies I 've seen recently, Seth Rogen in absolutely top form.
fine movie but that's all
le_celtics123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-09, 02:10   #375
Tenner
Freshman

Tenner is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kacpro View Post
And i will add,that obviosuly some pople might say that i am a pole and this is bullshit,but nahh,i just showed real story
Could you please be a little more precise and give some proven sources for the realness of your allegations?
Didn't watch the movie and i don't know if the Bielskis are glorified in it, but they can't be marginalized as "same murder like germans during WWII". (This is a more than stupid comment!)

I think the writers made research and if the Bielskis were that evil, they wouldn't have made a movie about them...

How many people in Poland betrayed jewish people and enriched themselves on jewish property during WWII and after?
How many displaced German civilians were killed by polish militias (including the AK)?
What about the Jedwabne Pogrom? Can you please post a picture of a memorial too?

IMO it would be time for Poland to work off war crimes and violations of human rights they committed in the past.
Tenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-09, 13:47   #376
kfcpro
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenner View Post
How many people in Poland betrayed jewish people and enriched themselves on jewish property during WWII and after?
How many displaced German civilians were killed by polish militias (including the AK)?
What about the Jedwabne Pogrom? Can you please post a picture of a memorial too?

you did not understand my post.

Yes you ARE right.But how many movies you seen about those people that you mention,showing them as a heroes? Zero.
Thats what i had in mind talking about movie about bielski's.War is war,not everyone has to be a hero,some people do dirty stuff just to survive.We can understand it,somehow.But We should not make about such people movies showing them as heroes.Thats all
Old 03-03-09, 14:16   #377
polaki

polaki is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
And i will add,that obviosuly some pople might say that i am a pole and this is bullshit,but nahh,i just showed real story,and it will be officialy declared in future by officials (JUST CHECK BIELSKI'S RECORD AFER WAR ENDED),investigation is started already as too much people that survived wwII are annoyed with this ****,and their families . Equally good we can wait for a movie that will show Hitler as a great person that loved peace ,it will have same historical "true" as this one.

"in memory of 127 people from Nalibok murdered in 8 V 1943"

And if some Jewish people read it,i want to write to them,that maybe Bielski was a Jew,but those jews that he "saved" he used only for his dirty purposes.Thats what about his "saving" them was.And accidentally somehow they managed thanks to it survive war.So from Jewish point of view now people can say that he saved some jewish people.But in reality he just used them (fe. harem) and made a group of partisants of them. There was no glory in anyting connected with Bielski's.

And if people want a hero to record a movie

WHY NOONE RECORDED MOVIE ABOUT POLISH WOMEN IRENA SENDLEROWA,she really saved 2500 Jewish kids and it is totally confirmed and accepted countrywide (isreaelian yad vashem gave her order ).I hope someday someoen will describe this beautifull story ,not seeking for some hollywood rubbish like this one about Bielski's.
didnt know that.thanks for info.
polaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-09, 16:04   #378
Tenner
Freshman

Tenner is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
you did not understand my post.

Yes you ARE right.But how many movies you seen about those people that you mention,showing them as a heroes? Zero.
Thats what i had in mind talking about movie about bielski's.War is war,not everyone has to be a hero,some people do dirty stuff just to survive.We can understand it,somehow.But We should not make about such people movies showing them as heroes.Thats all
Okay, but there was no need to get so excited about the Bielskis.
According to current knowledge you gave only false accusations!

Last edited by Tenner; 03-03-09 at 16:22.
Tenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-09, 16:11   #379
Timothy
Freshman

Timothy is an unknown quantity at this point

I recommend Slumdog Millionaire.

Won 8 Oscars last week, a must watch!
Timothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-09, 18:33   #380
kfcpro
Super Moderator

yeah,today i am going to watch slumdog so will share my opinion
Old 03-03-09, 19:13   #381
latso

latso is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenR34 View Post
I think it was quite boring and not as touching as I expected it to be. A predictable and unethical movie, with Will Smith trying to save it with a somewhat inadequite performances, gladly no oscar nominations this time. Didn't like it, was neutral form start till the end, expected a lot better after watching the trailer, at least thought there might be twists and turns.
imo u've been the victim of the big expectations here.
i haven't heard of this one before i saw it in my torrent site, being actively downloaded. I pulled it, watched it and loved it.
Not that i aprove what he did but it is not about judging what the hero does but the whole story.
Actually the way he did what he did was pretty surprising and interesting, no way predictable.
Smith made a big role, Harelson was great as well and Smith's best friend as well.
Very nice movie imo.

I watched lately "body of lies" - contreversial i would say. In the meaning that big critics and conoisseurs like some colleagues around, wouldn't like it as it might be seen as propaganda, shallow and American, but i found it entertaining and didn't feel sorry for spending time watching it.

I've probably mentionned before "no country for old men", which is a must see, great movie.

Vicky, Christina, Barcelona is one that ur GFs would love for sure but could be a dangerous one to let them see, as it makes cheating look good and they will have very bad thoughts on their first business trip away from home after it...
Otherwise it was one that i liked as well, with nice country sights, a great Penelope and a nice, light atmosphere overall.

I hated - "blindness" - do not waste time on this low cost guts' content...

Cheers
latso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-09, 20:15   #382
delarge
POTD Moderator

delarge is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah, blindness sucks big time.
Also watched Day the earth stood still... poor movie
Maybe already someone wrote about Zeitgeist before, i liked it a lot.
delarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-09, 21:19   #383
porkchop

porkchop is an unknown quantity at this point

Rocknrolla, better than most Brit gangsta films ive seen
porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-09, 23:24   #384
George_Hanson
Super Moderator

I've just come back from cinema from "Wrestler" movie with Mickey Rourke.

This is quite different movie to all the others. It has nothing to do with movie industry, Hollywood, no sparks, no special effects. A simple movie about a man on the crossroads.

A well said story without shootings, car chases etc. It almost has no action at all. Just a story said about one month from man's life.

I liked it, it's a completely different movie than 90% of movies nowadays. The director is Darren Aronofsky - the one from Pi and Requiem for a Dream.
Im eating today chocclate like ****
Old 22-03-09, 23:43   #385
_Limvolikce_
banned

_Limvolikce_ is an unknown quantity at this point

"Kad porastem bit cu Kengur.."....

English: "When i grove up, i will be Kangaroo"....

Serbian movie about social life of young and unemployment people in Beograd in Serbia but it is valid for all Balkan...Definitly one of best movies in last years...Also main story of this movie is about betting and betting people, what is most instresing....Great comedie....Its something as Alan Ford strips....:-))))))

Some important parts:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAU4yMxaIX4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqjHJ...eature=related

and definitly best movie scene in ex-Yu in last years:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ux1l...eature=related

I couldnt findt this part on english but i know that it exist there.....
_Limvolikce_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-09, 03:54   #386
peki

peki is an unknown quantity at this point

Usual suspects

IMO the best ever..
peki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-09, 08:28   #387
laurentiucinca

laurentiucinca is an unknown quantity at this point

HAIR by Milos Forman.......A great movie.
laurentiucinca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-09, 21:05   #388
zzax

zzax is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzax View Post
The Salten Sea - Val Kilmer, his best movie ever. Thrilling movie you will never forget.
posted this more than 3 years ago and recently I watched the movie again and found it even better. Heavily underestimated though, but definetely a real class acting from Kilmer.

here is the IMDB link http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0235737/

Another movie that impressed me a lot recently is the french "Tell no one" ( the english title ), Ne le dis à personne in french. It certainly has its weak points, mainly concerning the possibility of a certain event in the movie to actually take place in the real life, but still a movie that will make you feel....feel sorrow, hapiness, anger, comfort. Defo worth seeing!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0362225/
Old 03-04-09, 22:09   #389
Man on Fire 1903
Freshman

Man on Fire 1903 is an unknown quantity at this point

The best one ! ! !
Man on Fire 1903 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-09, 08:03   #390
jasonw443
Freshman

jasonw443 is on a distinguished road

man of fire was a pretty good one.