This site is for adults 18+ due to gambling/betting content. If you have a problem with gambling issues, or need information, please visit:
Gambling Help Online Gamblers Anonymous Gambling Therapy Gamble Aware Jugadores Anonimos JugarBIEN BeGambleAware GamCare

Go Back   Bettingadvice forum > Bookmakers > Bookmaker discussions

Bookmaker discussions Discussions about bookies. Can you recommend a bookie? Got something useful to say, which others might need to know? Say it here. Bad experiences post in the forum below.

Online Sports Betting at Pinnacle Sports
BET365: Simply the best bookie for livebetting! PINNACLE: BA's all time favourite bookmaker. Great odds!

Old 02-02-18, 05:06   #1
Raabe
Freshman

Raabe is on a distinguished road
Exclamation sbobet voided bet in singbet-style

Sbobet started to void bets in notorious singbet/ibc style

On 29 January I made bet. On 2nd February in the nighttime I found out it was voided for no apparent reason.

"Odds for Highest were 2.630 from 29/1 02:09:53 to 29/1 13:12:20"

Somebody caught 2.81 peak - should sbo void bet of that scalper?
"Odds for Highest were 2.810 from 29/1 02:02:05 to 29/1 02:02:26"

Very bad sign of lawlessness from sbobet. Previously only singbet2 and ibc/maxbet/1Bet voided bets for no reason (as "abnormal").
Raabe is offline   Reply With Quote

PINNACLE SPORTS: One of the very best. New website!

Old 02-02-18, 12:58   #2
Raabe
Freshman

sportmarket as usual took side of bookmaker:
Quote:
Here is the official statement from SBO:

Football: [02/03/2018] Due to incorrect odds, 1st half [1x2] bet on match between "SC Freiburg -vs- Bayer Leverkusen" taken with ref. no. 6689291807 is rendered VOID invoking General Sports Rules no. 15.

Due to the above, your bet with reference number 6689291807 has been voided.

15. VOIDING BETS DUE TO MISTAKE OR ERROR

If an incorrect participant (or an incorrect member of a participating team) or incorrect odds/price is quoted for any event or the Operator has relied on incorrect information to compile its odds or bets or wrong scores or detail were entered during an In Running ("Live") Bets session or bets have been accepted in error, then the Operator reserves the right to void such or all bets placed for that event or on such participant.
3.8 is an error instead of 2.8, 2.82 instead of 2.28 is
sbobet not rarely has such peaks. 2.8 could be thought as an error, though it is not, just a huge line move
But my bet was taken half-a-day after that peak of 2.8; Odds for Highest were 2.630 from 29/1 02:09:53 to 29/1 13:12:20
After my bet at 2.63 odds line stayed at 2.61 for a whole day Odds for Highest were 2.610 from 29/1 13:12:20 to 30/1 12:55:00
and even uped! a bit Odds for Highest were 2.620 from 30/1 12:55:10 to 30/1 14:57:24
Odds for Highest were 2.630 from 30/1 12:55:00 to 30/1 12:55:10
before going to 2.49 in 2 steps: Odds for Highest were 2.580 from 30/1 14:57:24 to 30/1 15:01:22

I can see no error at that timespan.
Bet was voided 3,5 days after bet was placed.

If you see at whole graph, start odds were the same 2,63: Odds for Highest were 2.630 from 14/1 21:14:20 to 15/1 20:37:01

You cannot declare as an error voluntarily one line move in span 2.4-2.8 among series of ordinary line moves
Actually voiding such bets is an error for reputation.

one more answer from sportmarket:
Quote:
After closer inspection, we've noticed that you didn't select "SBObet" in the price graph, which we will paste below:
Now, if you look at these odds, it is obvious that the price was wrong in the moment of the bet placement as it have risen from 2.4 to 2.8 (this didn't happen with any other bookmaker), so it is safe to say that SBObet actually did make a mistake with these odds and that they have voided the bet in timely manner, once they have noticed the mistake.

Last edited by Raabe; 02-02-18 at 13:04.
Old 02-02-18, 16:13   #3
Raabe
Freshman

Best and final answer from sbobet:
Quote:
According to our team, the price/odds for that event has been incorrect and action to VOID wagers placed with obvious erroneous lines was taken immediately upon discovery, following the General Sports Rules no.15.
We have since offered the same market for betting. Should the player wishes to place another wager on the match between "SC Freiburg -vs- Bayer Leverkusen", he/she is free to do so.
We do apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and hope the above explanation sufficiently clarifies your inquiry.
Welcome to ibc-singbet "voiders" league, sbobet!

sportmarket added:
Quote:
it is obvious that they will not re-open this bet
And a joke from sportmarket:
Quote:
The good thing is that the bet was void before the kickoff so you can place another bet on this if you would like to.
You remember that sometimes "voiders" bookies cancel your won bet even after match was finished.
Old 07-02-18, 10:02   #4
ozangumus
Freshman

ozangumus is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raabe View Post
Best and final answer from sbobet:

Welcome to ibc-singbet "voiders" league, sbobet!

sportmarket added:

And a joke from sportmarket:

You remember that sometimes "voiders" bookies cancel your won bet even after match was finished.
What were odds at ibc/pin at same time period? If other bookie odds are around same values this cannot be a mistake.

By the way they voided your bet before match start at least. My lots of bets are voided during match or match is ended via Sing. Of course for Sbo voiding is more extraordinary situation.

Last edited by ozangumus; 07-02-18 at 10:28.
ozangumus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-18, 10:28   #5
asianconnect

asianconnect is an unknown quantity at this point

interesting. Did you get a screenshot of the voided bet from sbobet account?

or this error is from sportsmarket software and they void it at their side?
asianconnect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-18, 15:14   #6
Raabe
Freshman

Game result was lucky for me. I could have lost 625 euro, but sbobet saved it for me this time.

asianconnect,
Sportmarket has sbobet account (about 30 accounts), not me.
There is no such thing as 'sportsmarket software'. Only common and shared mollybet.com software from Gambit Research company.

Sbobet answer clarifies that it was their trader's mistake to void bet when lines were correct.

Sportmarket agreed that lines were not "erroneous":
Quote:
While some of the lines might look "in order" to us, it is always bookmaker's decision if the lines are good or not, according to their traders.