This site is for adults 18+ due to gambling/betting content. If you have a problem with gambling issues, or need information, please visit:
Gambling Help Online Gamblers Anonymous Gambling Therapy Gamble Aware Jugadores Anonimos JugarBIEN BeGambleAware GamCare

Go Back   Bettingadvice forum > Soccer >
Internationals/Friendlies

Internationals/Friendlies
Analysis and discussions (and predictions) for Internationals and friendly soccer games.

PINNACLE - accept very large stakes! Low juice!

Online Sports Betting at Pinnacle Sports
BET365: Simply the best bookie for livebetting! PINNACLE: BA's all time favourite bookmaker. Great odds!

Old 08-07-18, 09:37   #1
freak13

freak13 is on a distinguished road
Default England - Croatia

England to win looks good at 2,40
If this was 1/8 final it would have been different, but I really think fatigue will have a massive impact on this game. Croatia with two games in a row going all the way. They looked massively tired against Russia yesterday. They couldnt keep possession at the end and stop them from having a final go at them. In addition, not a lot of quality on the bench for Croatia. Brozovic still fresh, but he is below average for me, despite playing for Inter.
On the other hand, England didnt even have to do their best to beat Sweden and stayed fresh throughout the game. In addition they have a lot more quality players on the bench who can take part in this game. Won't be surprised if Rashford who is as hungry as it gets is given a bigger role in this game.
From what I saw in both 1/4 finals England really seemed like a side who wanted to advance further a lot more than Croatia. I really like Croatia and they were my second favourite team after Argentina, but I think they will probably crash out.
Prediction : 2-1 England
freak13 is offline   Reply With Quote

PINNACLE SPORTS: One of the very best. New website!

Old 08-07-18, 10:29   #2
litost

litost is on a distinguished road

lol everytime i heard this oen teams wants it more than other bulsheet .. it itches ..really !?
at this stage and competition ?

was listening to modric radio interview after game yesterday on spanish broadcaster ....

the guy talks about enjoying ... going all way ... just like rakitic ....

it seems to me bristish marketing and propaganda is getting on the head of soem forumites .....

pressure is on england ....

they have not shown much ..

i agree they are very phisicall ... specially good on set pieces ....

that may be a plus factor .... but despite croatia not looking like WC champions material in games vs danes and russia ... i think belgium (france) shall win it all .... dog rol suits them much better ...
Old 08-07-18, 12:53   #3
WiserthantheCrowd

WiserthantheCrowd is on a distinguished road

Yes, I agree that there seems to be value in England to win in regular time as well as England to advance at 1.7. I still think that Croatia are a bit disjointed with a strong MF but a weaker defense and offense. Although it has to be said that the MF was the weak spot against Russia. Overall England should have a physical edge and I think they clearly have the better squad with more depth... My only concern is that Croatia are tactically more versatile and it suits them to go into the game as underdogs. Still I expect England to prevail.
WiserthantheCrowd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-18, 14:42   #4
sirac

sirac is on a distinguished road

Croatia didnt look secure at all vs Russia, their defense doesnt inspire confidence and after 2 ET in a row they must feel tired. They were nothing special against Russia, still a class above alltogether but didnt troubled the russian gk as much as i would expected, the sufocating heat might have an impact or they are already dead physically, that we shall see on Wendesday. Ofc they got plenty of potential and this might be a tricky one for young Lions but hugely depending on their physical condition as they didnt looked solid to me, and England loves this kind of slow teams which arent covering the spaces like they should. I think England will get tested at some point and this might be the game where they will be down on the scoreboard and show if they are worthy of a final. Will wait for in-play to get a sense of Croatia physical condition.
Old 09-07-18, 09:41   #5
end0rfin
Freshman

end0rfin is an unknown quantity at this point

Everyone (media in particular) seems too much focused on how tired and physically incapable the Croats will be on Wednesday. This could prove painfully misleading and is just additional burden on an inexperienced English side, which is yet to see off above average midfield-talented team (Colombia without James does not really count). And this is without even mentioning the fact that England are yet to meet a more attacking and creative team against them. We are already at semis and still not sure of the English quality in defense and especially in the defensive midfield.

IMO it seems widely immature to write off the Croats so easily. Croatia to win @3.50 (with prospects of going up in the build up to the game).

Last edited by end0rfin; 09-07-18 at 09:45.
end0rfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-18, 12:17   #6
latortuga

latortuga is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by end0rfin View Post
Everyone (media in particular) seems too much focused on how tired and physically incapable the Croats will be on Wednesday. This could prove painfully misleading and is just additional burden on an inexperienced English side, which is yet to see off above average midfield-talented team (Colombia without James does not really count). And this is without even mentioning the fact that England are yet to meet a more attacking and creative team against them. We are already at semis and still not sure of the English quality in defense and especially in the defensive midfield.

IMO it seems widely immature to write off the Croats so easily. Croatia to win @3.50 (with prospects of going up in the build up to the game).
I tend to agree with this view and looking over the history of similar teams in this situation there is no evidence to say that playing 2 consecutive finals with ET/Pens leads to a diminished performance in the 3rd.

There is quite a lot of momentum behind this England side now which will be hard to stop. There are some weaknesses in their 3 CB formation that a good side could exploit, but I'm not sure Croatia will take the right approach here to do so. Sweden and Colombia allowed England to pass the ball and control the majority of possession, helping them to win FK's and CK's, an obvious strength of this English side. I'm not sure Croatia will take a different approach here? Do they have the courage to force the play and try to control possession and tempo, but expose their slow backline to England's speed? Probably not. It explains why England are the favourites in this matchup along with the obvious greater depth of players. Early thoughts are England to win in normal time.
latortuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-18, 15:40   #7
Miccho

Miccho is on a distinguished road

Do not focus so much on Croatia's last two games, which were both mediocre. Croatia is the typical team to avoid backing, when they are a favorite against some hard-working and hard-running opponents; but they are also the team to usually back against over-hyped favorites like England. Let's not forget how much more quality Croatia has in midfield, compared with England.

I feel the hype around England will work against them in this one. They will be more adventurous than usual and this will provide the space for Perisic, Kramaric, Rebic etc, supported by the master midfield duo Rakitic-Modric.

Important reminder - England uses the same formation as Argentina. With two attacking fullbacks and a trio of center backs. Croatia were exposing a lot Argentina's left flank in that game, and I think they will do this again here - tall and slow center back Maguire will be guarding the left flank and he is going to be really tested.
Miccho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-18, 20:06   #8
allthethings

allthethings is an unknown quantity at this point

It***8217;s a strange semi, in that neither side seem to be able to consistently function as well as we think they will.

England***8217;s speed is difficult for anyone to match up with, and yet in virtually every match their pace hasn***8217;t settled matters...their scores are coming on individual matchups in the area, leading to a PK, or in the air. Croatia***8217;s midfield is their most attractive feature, and they***8217;re supposed to be able to dominate in the middle of the pitch, and yet they***8217;ve disappeared in two KOs after knotting the score 1-1.

My read on this match sounds like a bad mashup of my read on previous matches...England***8217;s pace will be hard for Croatia to contend with, and Croatia***8217;s midfield will dictate the flow of the match. Whatever. What I would say is that Croatia have scraped by in their two KOs, whereas England have been in control of theirs. It took a late strike for Colombia to get it to extra time in the first KO, and Sweden were never in the second. Meanwhile, you look at Croatia***8217;s ridiculous number of shots in comparison with the final scores, and you think, how wasteful! If only they had a real finisher on their squad. But it also means they***8217;re putting enormous pressure on their opponents, and should one of those 22 shots get by the keeper***8230;

I would say Croatia***8217;s defense has allowed many more dangerous situations than has England***8217;s, but how many people began this WC confident about England***8217;s defense?

It is definitely too close of a match to call. Will England score first, and then attempt to score again, rather than let Croatia stay in the match? If Croatia score first, can England equalize from the field?

My money will be on the draw. I don***8217;t see how you can call this one with any confidence in 90. Or 120.
Old 09-07-18, 21:08   #9
MarianoV6

MarianoV6 is an unknown quantity at this point

Croatia - England
Referee: Cüneyt Çakir (TUR)
MarianoV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-18, 21:52   #10
sirac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miccho View Post
Do not focus so much on Croatia's last two games, which were both mediocre. Croatia is the typical team to avoid backing, when they are a favorite against some hard-working and hard-running opponents; but they are also the team to usually back against over-hyped favorites like England. Let's not forget how much more quality Croatia has in midfield, compared with England.

I feel the hype around England will work against them in this one. They will be more adventurous than usual and this will provide the space for Perisic, Kramaric, Rebic etc, supported by the master midfield duo Rakitic-Modric.

Important reminder - England uses the same formation as Argentina. With two attacking fullbacks and a trio of center backs. Croatia were exposing a lot Argentina's left flank in that game, and I think they will do this again here - tall and slow center back Maguire will be guarding the left flank and he is going to be really tested.
Indeed it can be one of the scenarios but i find it less likely. You say England will be more adventarous than usual. Its a WC semifinal that will be a huge card to play and so far in knock out changes England has been like Southgate, calm, cool and controlling the game. Its true they havent been tested, i mean i havent really seen a team having a go at them, with pressing and quick counters. Actually Columbia did after first goal and taltghough not conclusive enough still lead to english mistakes, and if i recall well even Tunisia did it in first half after going down and it lead to equalizer but other teams just coudnt do it. For me its a question mark if Croatia can do it, i mean they have the potential to do it , no doubt about it, but im having doubts about them being at their best, formwise, fitness and tactical, so its a lot more to take from those games than " they played some hard working teams , so they usually struggle. To me they struggle because they just dont click,because they arent at their best level, internal thing not because of opponent cause lets be serious, Russia is crap team, they were there for the taking. England wont change a thing, they will try doing same things worked before, controlling from the back, many secure passes and overall tactical controll, i dont see nothing adventarous here. The only question mark for me is Croatia capable of coming with more the've shown so far? Im inclined to believe negative but im opened to surprises and im willing to accept it as a posibility but will wait and see.
Old 10-07-18, 11:58   #11
WiserthantheCrowd

When has a team like Croatia made the finals before? With all due respect they're not one of the top teams in football - neither now nor in the past... They're clearly a good team but they're certainly not a top team. Packed with talent in MF but lacking world class on the other ends of the pitch. At best they might be comparable to Sweden in 1994 or Turkey in 1998... Sometimes one of the weaker teams gets on a lucky run and wins the Euros as happened with Portugal recently but I can't remember it happening at the WC... I can not think of a team comparable to Croatia ever having made it to the finals... Now surely you can also make a case against England but they've got some pedigree in the competition and they're a class above Croatia... England to qualify and to win in regular time look like real value to me at current odds.
Old 10-07-18, 12:13   #12
Spaceboy1981
Freshman

Spaceboy1981 is on a distinguished road

croatia was third in france (1998). their first appearance after breakup of yugoslavia.
Spaceboy1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-18, 12:24   #13
WiserthantheCrowd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaceboy1981 View Post
croatia was third in france (1998). their first appearance after breakup of yugoslavia.
Sorry I meant Turkey in 2002...

That's my point. I think that the Croatian side in 1998 with Davor Suker, Zvonimir Boban, Robert Prosinecki and Alen Boksic was stronger than the current team on both ends of the pitch. At the time, Davor Suker also ended up being top goalscorer... And they still didn't make it to the finals...
Old 10-07-18, 12:25   #14
litost

litost is on a distinguished road

well croatia as NT do not really have big history for obvious reasons ...

top NT they sure are since first days .. 3rd at first WC attended !? ...

what you mention regarding EURO might actually be backfirin´ argument ...

we all agree at euro surprises are order of the day material ...denmark ,,, greece ... CZ ... portugal ( not such big one ) ....

WHAT IF THIS WC IS LIKE EURO !!!??? it certainy looks ( 6/8 & 4/4 last stages ) and smells (bodka? ) .....

world class players ¿?¿!

come on u know class is one thing ... botlle stamina and competitive touch another ...

look at bludy spanish players ... class of their own .. they can do eternal "rondos" with both feets & one legged MIND U !! ...still all they managed to do is 5635634674856 passes going backwards and 4 shoots on target pg ....

i rather have on my side rebic , perisic and mandjukic than sterling dribbling his own shadow only to shoot out of bounds ... or lingard class telling jokes... the guy cant wait to go back to b´ham and have an all out kebab outdoors festival at his backjard .... leaving this im playing for those wh bastrds instead ...

coem on lets be real here .....
Old 10-07-18, 12:43   #15
WiserthantheCrowd

Quote:
Originally Posted by litost View Post
well croatia as NT do not really have big history for obvious reasons ...

top NT they sure are since first days .. 3rd at first WC attended !? ...

what you mention regarding EURO might actually be backfirin´ argument ...

we all agree at euro surprises are order of the day material ...denmark ,,, greece ... CZ ... portugal ( not such big one ) ....

WHAT IF THIS WC IS LIKE EURO !!!??? it certainy looks ( 6/8 & 4/4 last stages ) and smells (bodka? ) .....

world class players ¿?¿!

come on u know class is one thing ... botlle stamina and competitive touch another ...

look at bludy spanish players ... class of their own .. they can do eternal "rondos" with both feets & one legged MIND U !! ...still all they managed to do is 5635634674856 passes going backwards and 4 shoots on target pg ....

i rather have on my side rebic , perisic and mandjukic than sterling dribbling his own shadow only to shoot out of bounds ... or lingard class telling jokes... the guy cant wait to go back to b´ham and have an all out kebab outdoors festival at his backjard .... leaving this im playing for those wh bastrds instead ...

coem on lets be real here .....
Well, I've got to concede that this WC feels like the Euros with all of the South Americans out. Still I think there is more talent and depth to the English side. I'm also not sure how much gas is left in the tank for the Croats after going to penalties twice... I just can't see this Croatian side making it to the finals even if they are tactically more versatile than England - it has to be said...
Old 10-07-18, 13:14   #16
Silicone Soul

Silicone Soul is on a distinguished road

I think wiserthenthecrowed you understimate Croatia here. Yes stamina can be a problem but still they have 4 days of rest. And to me England defenetly dont belong in group of top teams especely with such you g group of players who never won any impprtat championship in their life maybe couple of them won premier league. On the other side you have players who played i Champion league finales and won them also at clube level on very high level like Seria A primera and so on. Imean England is good team but i would not put my money on them against team like Croatia who is capable for big things. What if game is tied after 60min to me that indicates it will go to Ot for sure and then if Croatia step back and lets say defend whole OT you know how hard is penetrate well defending organaized team who can hurt you big time on counter attack. All in all if England dont take early lead and croats open at the bqck i can see OT and Croat advance like i said if england start pressing too much croatia can hurt them with oofensive capitabilities.
Silicone Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-18, 13:52   #17
Cyrus
Freshman

Cyrus is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiserthantheCrowd View Post
When has a team like Croatia made the finals before? With all due respect they're not one of the top teams in football - neither now nor in the past... They're clearly a good team but they're certainly not a top team. Packed with talent in MF but lacking world class on the other ends of the pitch. At best they might be comparable to Sweden in 1994 or Turkey in 1998... Sometimes one of the weaker teams gets on a lucky run and wins the Euros as happened with Portugal recently but I can't remember it happening at the WC... I can not think of a team comparable to Croatia ever having made it to the finals... Now surely you can also make a case against England but they've got some pedigree in the competition and they're a class above Croatia... England to qualify and to win in regular time look like real value to me at current odds.
Always against Croats (LOL). Here you are a histroy lesson mate: Croatia started to exist as country in 1991. Its not even 30 years, ok? So your question "how many finals Croatia made before?" is a really stupid one, you should be embaressed even asking that. After 7 years of Croatia, in 1998, we came as third on World cup. Still no respect? Ok.
That fact alone should make you a bit quiet.

This is world cup. It is not important "how many times which team have won world cup?". The team that win all 7 games will won world cup. Simple as that.

There are many croatian footballers that play in the best leagues of the world. Have you ever heard for Modri***263;? Periši***263;? Seems to me you have not since you are obviously underestimating Croatia. I know I am subjective, but even I give England better chances here, maybe 60:40 to England side. But not more than that!

England started not so well but become better, Croatia other way around. We played group stage nice, knockut stage not so nice. But this is semifinals and everything is possible. If Croatia play like it can play sometimes, these 60:40 easily become 20:80 in our favour.
Cyrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-18, 13:55   #18
Cyrus
Freshman

England team is quite young one. Who do you know, besides Harry Kane or Dele Alli, as world famous footballer in England team? Maybe Sterling, others are all less-known than their croatian counterparts.
Old 10-07-18, 14:16   #19
WiserthantheCrowd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus View Post
Always against Croats (LOL). Here you are a histroy lesson mate: Croatia started to exist as country in 1991. Its not even 30 years, ok?
When I look at the history I took account of the 2 SF appearances of Yugoslavia (1930, 1962) of which Croatia was then a part... On both of those occasions, Yugoslavia ended up in 4th place and that's where I am expecting Croatia to end up this year too... Apart from MF, Croatia are an average side. They could not beat Denmark and Russia. England also have surprising depth in MF but there is more talent - much more - at the other ends of the pitch. I have little doubt that England will advance here. I'll eat my hat if they don't.
Old 10-07-18, 14:22   #20
Cyrus
Freshman

Quote:
When I look at the history I took account of the 2 SF appearances of Yugoslavia (1930, 1962) of which Croatia was then a part... On both of those occasions, Yugoslavia ended up in 4th place and that's where I am expecting Croatia to end up this year too... Apart from MF, Croatia are an average side. They could not beat Denmark and Russia. England also have surprising depth in MF but there is more talent - much more - at the other ends of the pitch. I have little doubt that England will advance here. I'll eat my hat if they don't.
Depth? Its a young team mate, that still has to prove itself, without proper game vs some of the better teams.

You cant make assumptions based on two last games, like i cant just on croatia play vs argentina.

You were speaking rubbish when we played vs Russia. Look were your bets end you up with - loss. You are funny man and as i can see, lot of forum members agree. That you overestimate this england team. Its 50:50 at best. Or slight advantage on any side.
Old 10-07-18, 14:27   #21
WiserthantheCrowd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus View Post
You were speaking rubbish when we played vs Russia. Look were your bets end you up with - loss. You are funny man and as i can see, lot of forum members agree. That you overestimate this england team. Its 50:50 at best. Or slight advantage on any side.
With all due respect I said that Croatia were overrated against Russia and I was right.

Now you say that England vs. Croatia is 50/50. An hour ago it was 60/40 for England. But if Croatia drink their tonic, it's 20/80...

We'll see. That's the point of the forum. We can disagree. I think England will advance and odds of 1.65 are very generous.
Old 10-07-18, 15:02   #22
Cyrus
Freshman

50:50, objectively..with maybe 40:60 or 60:40, whichever is the side you are sticking with. I just wanted to point out it will be close call, no doubt.

Since croatian play is not consistant. Thats why I am not talking any pre-match bets. Only in-play. We can play poor, yes, its possible. But if we manage to repeat performance vs argentina, it could easily turn to 80:20.

I didnt have time to elaborate it sooner, but thats my opinion. With all respect to England, which is also playing nice. They seemed much more reliable, true. I also think, from physical aspect, they are much less fatigue-prone than Croatia. Being a young team, they will probably be faster than our players. But croatian players are much more experienced, so I am counting on that.

Our defence is not reliable and we have to do much better in attack. Midfield is much better than english, I believe.

All in all, close game and slight advantage to Croatia. But I am subjective, objectivelly it can go either way. My advice: dont do prematch bets, bet live.

P.S. Lovren was doubtfull, but he will play. It would be huge blow if he didnt, since he is the best man in our defence.
Old 10-07-18, 16:02   #23
Dex

Dex is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
How much was England strong 20 years after constituting national team?
England gone thru quarters after 1962 (I think) and this tell so much about them, just one weak team with few individuals but individuals don't win the game, team win
Dex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-18, 16:10   #24
Macot
Super Moderator

Macot is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dex View Post
How much was England strong 20 years after constituting national team?
England gone thru quarters after 1962 (I think) and this tell so much about them, just one weak team with few individuals but individuals don't win the game, team win
Well Dex you are wrong here, forget the past.
England actually are a team now as they never were. Southgate solved that, he is the key of their success, got rid of old stars and made a team out of talented individuals
This match (in my heart) is a win win situation for me, if England wins I will be delighted, but if Croatia wins I will also be very happy for our neihbours... because you need to understand, ****ing politicians aside, we still respect you and 90% of Slovenia wishes you to win this **** ...
Old 10-07-18, 16:15   #25
Dex

Dex is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macot View Post
England actually are a team now as they never were. Southgate solved that, he is the key of their success, got rid of old stars and made a team out of talented individuals
This match (in my heart) is a win win situation for me, if England wins I will be delighted, but if Croatia wins I will also be very happy for our neihbours... because you need to understand, ****ing politicians aside, we still respect you and 90% of Slovenia wishes you to win this **** ...
actually I don't mess with past but WiserthantheCrowd is messing with WC from 1930 and 1962 .....
And once again talented individuals don't win games but team wins
Dex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-18, 16:16   #26
Macot
Super Moderator

Macot is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dex View Post
actually I don't mess with past but WiserthantheCrowd is messing with WC from 1930 and 1962 .....
And once again talented individuals don't win games but team wins
And again, England are a team now, even more than Croatia, they are not individuals, they dont have stars (bar Kane).
Old 10-07-18, 18:11   #27
thebastardian

thebastardian is an unknown quantity at this point

for me croatia will pay the 2 matches on penalties, the last 4 days ago
thebastardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-18, 18:58   #28
Cyrus
Freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macot View Post
Thats what I was telling Wiser. Its new team. But good team. Although not superiror to Croatia as he believes. Tough match to predict with certainity.
Old 10-07-18, 22:24   #29
sirac

After watching the first semifinal i think we may overlooked a crucial factor here: handling the pressure. Of course it will not be a decisive factor as none of this was in this position before, but England is young team and Croatia has many experienced individuals Rakitic, Modric, Mandzukic, Lovren etc so i can see it as a slightest advantage for Croatia. Teams look different under pressure: look at first semifinal, slow tempo, safity passes, no major risks. So tempo will be a factor here. If England plays slow with loads of safity passes dont think they really play to their strenght, because that will suit croats, and will possible nulify any fatigue aspect going in favor of Lions, but its a semifinal, nobody wants to do mistakes, tempo will be lower than usual, a lot of pressure to handle which makes me think about draw at HT unless a set-piece or mistake.
Old 11-07-18, 09:19   #30
MarianoV6

MarianoV6 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have a question to ask if someone from Croatia can help me.

Against Russia, i notice something with Modric. Well, i was expecting him to attack more but i was almost surprised when i saw him "changing" with Rakitic often at the second half. It was like, when Modric was tired, he was moving back and Rakitic was more offensive. And when Modric seemed to be ok, then he was at the attack again and Rakitic more a defensive midfielder. Was that for tactical reasons or actually Modric was so tired?
MarianoV6 is offline   Reply With Quote