This site is for adults 18+ due to gambling/betting content. If you have a problem with gambling issues, or need information, please visit:
Gambling Help Online Gamblers Anonymous Gambling Therapy Gamble Aware Jugadores Anonimos JugarBIEN BeGambleAware GamCare

Go Back   Bettingadvice forum > Soccer >
UEFA Europa League

UEFA Europa League
Picks and analysis and discussions for UEFA Europa League games.

Bet on European football at:
BET365 Great live betting !!

Online Sports Betting at Pinnacle Sports
BET365: Simply the best bookie for livebetting! PINNACLE: BA's all time favourite bookmaker. Great odds!

Old 11-07-18, 17:03   #1
jompy

jompy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Ilves (Fin) - Slavia Sofia (Bul) 12 Jul 2018, 19:00

Hi guys

really big odds for Ilves, can someone local give me higher visibility for this game. As i understood Ilves are not playing at home, but still they will have the advantage. SLavia really young squad- unexperienced in Europe, so I expect them to concede at least once, having in mind that really young GK (18-19 y o ) will be between the posts.

1 DNB at 1.85 seems really safe bet to me here

please advise and feel free to comment

cheers
jompy is offline   Reply With Quote

PINNACLE SPORTS: One of the very best. New website!

Old 12-07-18, 04:09   #2
_canary_

_canary_ is an unknown quantity at this point

I share your opinion- oddswise. Slavia is quite limited team that had some lucky victories to win the cup. When their defense works Slwvia remain dangerous on counterattacks that's why only small stakes here are recommended. Ilves Tampere is more or less same level based on overall information and statistic, but I'm not familiar with their playstyle.
_canary_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-18, 09:38   #3
Mourinho1
Freshman

Mourinho1 is on a distinguished road

A disadvantage for Slavia should be the artificial pitch and the "white nights" (they shouldn't be able to sleep normally). On the other hand, Ilves are a very young team (I wouldn't be surprised if they are the youngest in the whole Europa League) with absolutely no European experience. Also they are playing in Helsinki, which is 175km from Tampere.
Mourinho1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-18, 09:50   #4
Mourinho1
Freshman

Mourinho1 is on a distinguished road

Based on the current odds, I think that Ilves are mistaken for Lahti or Kups who are much more experienced. Slavia 2.35 0AH Bet365 for me. The defend + counter tactics for Slavia should do the job.
Mourinho1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-18, 10:58   #5
_canary_

_canary_ is an unknown quantity at this point

Odds on home team dropped so definetely the value is gone now. Inplay betting only
_canary_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-18, 11:22   #6
AHTOH.
Freshman

AHTOH. is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by _canary_ View Post
I share your opinion- oddswise. Slavia is quite limited team that had some lucky victories to win the cup. When their defense works Slwvia remain dangerous on counterattacks that's why only small stakes here are recommended. Ilves Tampere is more or less same level based on overall information and statistic, but I'm not familiar with their playstyle.
Actually they had big boost by the football federation (help by the referees) especially against your Botev.
However I think the "white nights" shouldn't be a problem, but this is 2nd official match for Slavia (after the Supercup of Bulgaria) while the Finlandian championship is somewhere in the middle of the season. The coach of Slavia already confirmed the line-up (if we can trust to the local sport sites)

Georgi Petkov -
Sasho Aleksandrov, Dimitar Velkovski, Andrea Hristov, Milen Gamakov -
Emil Martinov - Yanis Karabeliev, Galin Ivanov, Slavcho Chokolorav -
Momchil Tsvetanov, Milcho Angelov
AHTOH. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-18, 13:03   #7
valdi

valdi is on a distinguished road

Slavia could surprise here. They have talent and they have a solid and vastly experienced goalkeeper, so be careful when you bet against Slavia. I am not sure that Ilves are favourites. This is a huge chance for Slavia players to show their skills and to be transferred abroad. But for sure Slavia will be cautious and play defensively, so UNDER 2.5 GOALS looks like a banker.
valdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-18, 13:55   #8
Cypriot Eagle

Cypriot Eagle is on a distinguished road

Ilves is a very difficult team to play against. They are organized defensively and disciplined. When they want to shut out their opponent, they can shut out their opponent. They are young but many of those young players have a lot of experience also from youth internationals. Their head coach Jarkko Wiss is really good and he used to be a youth international head coach so he knows how to play with young players. The artificial turf will give Ilves an advantage (It would have been greater if they would have played at home). Ilves knows how to play at this stadium as they also started the Veikkausliiga season here and beat KuPS.

Their biggest problem is scoring goals as they dont have a good striker and so far they are scoring just less of 1 goal per game in average in the league.

I also like the under 2.5 goals here because of this. Ilves is notorious in playing 0-0 games against bigger teams in the Veikkausliiga.
Cypriot Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote