This site is for adults 18+ due to gambling/betting content. If you have a problem with gambling issues, or need information, please visit:
Gambling Help Online Gamblers Anonymous Gambling Therapy Gamble Aware Jugadores Anonimos JugarBIEN BeGambleAware GamCare

Go Back   Bettingadvice forum > Soccer >
UEFA Europa League

UEFA Europa League
Picks and analysis and discussions for UEFA Europa League games.

Bet on European football at:
BET365 Great live betting !!

Online Sports Betting at Pinnacle Sports
BET365: Simply the best bookie for livebetting! PINNACLE: BA's all time favourite bookmaker. Great odds!

Old 09-07-18, 20:13   #1
ChristopherBG

ChristopherBG is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 11 July, FC Vaduz - Levski Sofia

4.00 3.25 1.80 (bet365)

Last edited by ChristopherBG; 10-07-18 at 14:21.
ChristopherBG is offline   Reply With Quote

PINNACLE SPORTS: One of the very best. New website!

Old 10-07-18, 14:20   #2
ChristopherBG

On paper Levski are favourites here. However, Vaduz are certainly not to be underestimated - they have managed to successfully pass Q1 in every of the past 4 seasons, although against the likes of Bala Town (Wales), Nomme Kalju (Est) and FC Europa (Gib).

One of Levski's new signings Davide Mariani (former Player of Lugano and Zurich) warned that Vaduz should not be underestimated as their have European experience, fighting spirit and some speed in attack.

I'm currently leaning towards Under 2.5 (@1,75 bet365), but I'll write a more detailed preview later.
Old 10-07-18, 17:31   #3
ChristopherBG

Unlike last summer when they started with 11 new players, now Levski have more or less kept the backbone of the team that finished the 2017/2018 season. Only midfielder Prochazka left on a free transfer to Viktoria Plzen. The new additions so far have been Davide Mariani - a midfielder coming from Lugano and Slovak goalkeeper Martin Polácek. Gabriel Obertan (yes, the same that once played for Man Utd) has reportedly rejected an offer from Lans to remain in Levski for another season.

Levski have played three friendlies so far - winning 4-0 against a third division team, losing 1-2 to Septemvri Sofia and recording a 1-0 win over Ukrainian Olexandria in the official presentation of the team for the new season.

For the match in Vaduz Levski would be without its probably best player of the spring - the Brazilian winger Paulinho. In his absence, the two wingers will be Obertan and Jerson Cabral and the attack will be headed by Romanian striker Sergiu Bus (11 goals in 35 matches last season). Another issue for coach Rosi will be the mandatory rest given by FIFA to CD Hólmar Eyjólfsson, who was part of the Icelandic team at the World Cup (but didn't play). His place will be taken by mistake-prone Aimen Belaid.

All in all, I expect Levski to approach the game cautiously and without going all in attack, especially because it will be their first official game of the season. If Vaduz adopt a similar approach and Belaid does not perform any of his trademark defensive errors (https://www.vbox7.com/play:badeda6321) the score could actually stay 0-0 for quite some time, which will make the Under easy to achieve. In these circumstances, bet365's 1,75 sounds about right. GL!
Old 11-07-18, 12:20   #4
valdi

valdi is on a distinguished road

ChristopherBG, you did not say even a single word for Levski's goalkeeper Nemojkata Mitrev. He is the second worst goalkeeper Levski ever had after Nikolay Mihaylov. He is so prone to crucial mistakes that we cannot even argue. He is doing at least 2 huge mistakes every single game. Our friends could see him in action in the link you shared. Just see his reaction after the own goal. I am speachless. What and idiot. Levski will play for 0-0, because this is the mentality of their coach Delio Rossi, but I am sure that Mitrev will do the job for Vaduz. Huge value on Vaduz. I see CS 1-0 for Vaduz as a really possible outcome. Of course you are right about the UNDER 2.5 GOALS in this game. This is a rock solid bet for me. Good luck to everyone.

P.S. I wrote this post before I see the line-ups. If the new Slovak GK plays, he may surprise with a clean sheet, but I am not so sure that he will start. In my view, Mitrev will start.

Last edited by valdi; 11-07-18 at 12:23.
valdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-18, 12:41   #5
ChristopherBG

Quote:
Originally Posted by valdi View Post
ChristopherBG, you did not say even a single word for Levski's goalkeeper Nemojkata Mitrev.
Indeed, Mitrev is a big potential handicap. To be honest, he has made some mistakes, but also a good amount of saves during the past season.

Still, I see Belaid as the bigger danger as he consistently creates chances for the opponents in every match he plays. 1-0 is a possibility (as are 1-1 and 0-0), but all come under the scenario of a low-scoring game, which I consider most probable.
Old 11-07-18, 13:14   #6
Juzni vetar
Freshman

Juzni vetar is on a distinguished road

I am Levski Sofia fan since 1994 and i hope they will win tonight,but honestly this Levski team is a joke.Can`t see them win against Vaduz and 1 at 3.75 or 1X DC at 1.8 looks like good bets.Their last away win in european game is from summer of 2010 against Dundalk.Under 2.5 goal is also good bet @1.66
Juzni vetar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-18, 16:12   #7
f1ght3r

f1ght3r is an unknown quantity at this point

why is everyone on under? vaduz play decent football, well organized, with clear idea. nothing spectacular but thats precisely why they are a bad match for current levski. levski keeping a clean sheet is something i can hardly imagine, even considering rossi's defensive approah. the midfield is so-so, cvetkovic and belaid poor defenders, jordi gomez moves like a zombie.. its going to be hard to deal with vaduz' midfield and counters. then again levski has a much better attack.. so i can see both teams scoring here.
f1ght3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-18, 16:40   #8
Juzni vetar
Freshman

Juzni vetar is on a distinguished road

I have Vaduz 1X DC @1.80 with medium stake
Juzni vetar is offline   Reply With Quote