This site is for adults 18+ due to gambling/betting content. If you have a problem with gambling issues, or need information, please visit:
Gambling Help Online Gamblers Anonymous Gambling Therapy Gamble Aware Jugadores Anonimos JugarBIEN BeGambleAware GamCare

Go Back   Bettingadvice forum > Soccer >
UEFA Europa League

UEFA Europa League
Picks and analysis and discussions for UEFA Europa League games.

Bet on European football at:
BET365 Great live betting !!

Online Sports Betting at Pinnacle Sports
BET365: Simply the best bookie for livebetting! PINNACLE: BA's all time favourite bookmaker. Great odds!

Old 07-12-17, 00:59   #1
litost

litost is on a distinguished road
Default 07.12. 21:05 Real Sociedad - Zenit St-Petersburg 2.20 3.75 3.79

07.12. 21:05 Real Sociedad - Zenit St-Petersburg 2.20 3.75 3.79
litost is offline   Reply With Quote

PINNACLE SPORTS: One of the very best. New website!

Old 07-12-17, 01:48   #2
footballeye

footballeye is on a distinguished road

Well, I'm not going to bet against my team but the odds look wrong to me, should be lower for the hosts.

Both clubs have already qualified. Real can grab the first place if they win, otherwise Zenit retains the first place. Zenit is having difficulties in the domestic league where the team lost the leadership and is now second, trailing Loko by 6 points. The team doesn't play badly at all, but the results of the last 5 rounds were very disappointing. Zenit faces a difficult away fixture in Chechnya on Monday, which will be the last match before the winter break, and it is a must win. The first choice goalkeeper Lunyov got injured during the last international break, and while he already trains with the team, he probably won't be risked in competetive fixtures this year, as the concussion he suffered was rather serious. Second choice keeper Lodygin will probably start. Now I try to abstain from calling a player of my team a "clown" but Lodygin occasionally has those moments during the play when it's as if his mind is wandering somewhere else, far away from the football pitch. Lodygin's mistakes had cost Zenit in the past, let's say he's not very reliable. There are no other injury concerns but I expect Mancini to rotate the squad a bit, in view of the important Monday's fixture.

I don't know much about the current state of affairs at Real. In the reverse fixture here in St.Petersburg they impressed with their attacking buildup play. But their defense was a joke, gifting Zenit two easy goals early in the game (which ended 3-1 to the hosts). Will they do any rotation? Do they care about winning and taking the first place in the group? If they do, this match is winnable for them. Otherwise, it can end in a draw. Real DNB looks like a reliable combo material to me.
footballeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-17, 13:00   #3
Mert K.
Freshman

Mert K. is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by footballeye View Post
Well, I'm not going to bet against my team but the odds look wrong to me, should be lower for the hosts.

Both clubs have already qualified. Real can grab the first place if they win, otherwise Zenit retains the first place. Zenit is having difficulties in the domestic league where the team lost the leadership and is now second, trailing Loko by 6 points. The team doesn't play badly at all, but the results of the last 5 rounds were very disappointing. Zenit faces a difficult away fixture in Chechnya on Monday, which will be the last match before the winter break, and it is a must win. The first choice goalkeeper Lunyov got injured during the last international break, and while he already trains with the team, he probably won't be risked in competetive fixtures this year, as the concussion he suffered was rather serious. Second choice keeper Lodygin will probably start. Now I try to abstain from calling a player of my team a "clown" but Lodygin occasionally has those moments during the play when it's as if his mind is wandering somewhere else, far away from the football pitch. Lodygin's mistakes had cost Zenit in the past, let's say he's not very reliable. There are no other injury concerns but I expect Mancini to rotate the squad a bit, in view of the important Monday's fixture.

I don't know much about the current state of affairs at Real. In the reverse fixture here in St.Petersburg they impressed with their attacking buildup play. But their defense was a joke, gifting Zenit two easy goals early in the game (which ended 3-1 to the hosts). Will they do any rotation? Do they care about winning and taking the first place in the group? If they do, this match is winnable for them. Otherwise, it can end in a draw. Real DNB looks like a reliable combo material to me.
Sociedad's defense is a joke as you've mentioned. They surely will look to score and top the group, it is not in their DNA to defend or slow down the tempo. So they will go for the win here.

Mancini's approach and the state of Zenit defense is more important here. If Zenit is up for it, they can easily score.
Mert K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-17, 20:50   #4
litost

real with best 11 ..... their 3 usual at midfield for top games & oyarzabal and januzaj looking WC players by teh moment ...

host sure aim at top spot ... their problem as mentioned above is defensive frailties soem games .. not all .. .
Old 07-12-17, 23:02   #5
litost

hilarius stuff ...

zenit came to park bus in front of goalie ..smthg not even osasuna last season would due ...

and it came out good for them after as often txuri urdin gave them 2 and half goals on a silver plate ....

well its EL .... only hapens in this competition ....