This site is for adults 18+ due to gambling/betting content. If you have a problem with gambling issues, or need information, please visit:
Gambling Help Online Gamblers Anonymous Gambling Therapy Gamble Aware Jugadores Anonimos JugarBIEN BeGambleAware GamCare

Go Back   Bettingadvice forum > Soccer >
Internationals/Friendlies

Internationals/Friendlies
Analysis and discussions (and predictions) for Internationals and friendly soccer games.

PINNACLE - accept very large stakes! Low juice!

Online Sports Betting at Pinnacle Sports
BET365: Simply the best bookie for livebetting! PINNACLE: BA's all time favourite bookmaker. Great odds!

Old 12-06-18, 20:39   #31
[mj84]
Freshman

[mj84] is an unknown quantity at this point

Best option for me looks UNDER 2.5 @1.75 - Russia has decent defence, very mediocre offence. Same could be said about Saudi Arabia, just on even worse level.

It's very hard to trust russians and three results 0-0, 1-0, 2-0 looks most probable for me in this to be expected a slow defensive game.

2018 FIFA World Cup Competition
[mj84] is offline   Reply With Quote

PINNACLE SPORTS: One of the very best. New website!

Old 12-06-18, 22:48   #32
radicke

radicke is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by [mj84] View Post
Best option for me looks UNDER 2.5 @1.75 - Russia has decent defence, very mediocre offence. Same could be said about Saudi Arabia, just on even worse level.

It's very hard to trust russians and three results 0-0, 1-0, 2-0 looks most probable for me in this to be expected a slow defensive game.

2018 FIFA World Cup Competition
I agree with your predictions about underish game but I think we will see 1:0 or 2:0 and not caz Russia has solid defence-I dunno on which way guy in almost 40+ can stop fast attackers which has 20-25 and hope that Cherchesov will change that so as playing with old firm-Zhirkov and Samedov in first line up.He tries to combine youngsters with veterans but it does have a sense when you have veterans in good form but I think this isn t a case and I would try with Dzagoev or Erokhin as a leader of midlle and Golovin,Aleksey Miranchuk and Zobnin and Smolov/Dzyba while in the back Semenov instead of Ignasevich and M.Fernandes and Kudryashov or Smolnikov as right/left back and Granat or Kutyepov as secound CD.Maybe Cherchesov isn t best Russian coach but he rotates trying to find good formtation and one of the reasons is lot of injuried CD in the end of RPL season...
radicke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-18, 22:56   #33
radicke

I forgot to mention that he had played couple of matches in formation 3-5-2 but he figured out that he cannot play with only 3 players in the back.Also I thought that as older and player with experience he will choose Glushakov and not Samedov but he tested both earlier in preparation games.They are both out of form but to me Glushakov is a real leader of Spartak and he has bal* while Samedov sometimes is totaly invisible 90 min.I really think that Russia has enough quality for 1/16 but same as our NT they need to win their mentality...
Old 13-06-18, 16:35   #34
litost

litost is on a distinguished road

Russia -2.25 4.25 Low Stakes & -1.25 (ht) 4.8 Low-1 Stakes

WTH! im going put $ where mouth & toughts are and have a shoot even if with hand on brake on ruskies to deliver in style at first game .....
i agree host are not usually to trust ... this squad does not look better than previous ones even maybe worse but people really are not aware of how poor this saudis are in manny ways ... mainly tacticall overall defending in particular .. qualified couse aussies are going through tough spell and well the played qualified nipons - also on a down - last game .. they would have not overcome honduras otherwise ...

u look at results at their friendlies and im 100% - in some cases couse i watched like italy peru and sp germany - rivals give not even 50% when they realise they are playing vs very weak pseudo pros players ... so in case russia does not collapse under presure wich may very well hapen if they are not leading within 60 mins then i could see all anxiety and pressure off back unleashed on middle east rivals as locals do have some ok if not nice atacking players .... 4-0 4-1 likely
Old 13-06-18, 23:26   #35
JohnLocke85
Freshman

JohnLocke85 is on a distinguished road

every book give kick off 1,90-1,90 every match, in russia-arabia 1,65 arabia...why??
JohnLocke85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-18, 23:29   #36
Macot
Super Moderator

Macot is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnLocke85 View Post
every book give kick off 1,90-1,90 every match, in russia-arabia 1,65 arabia...why??
I guess ruasia as home country might choose the side instead of ball if they win the coin toss...
Old 13-06-18, 23:49   #37
MarianoV6

MarianoV6 is an unknown quantity at this point

It is a habit the last years the guest to take the ball (as a welcome sign) while host take the side
MarianoV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-18, 03:54   #38
MarianoV6

footballeye

which side of Russia is the weakest you think? Left or right side?

defensively i'm asking
Old 14-06-18, 04:09   #39
qwbot

qwbot is an unknown quantity at this point

-russian defence is worst for many years
-weak coach, he didn't decided which scheme to choose (with 3,4,5 or 9 defenders and players don't support him, he will be fired after WC for sure
+some good creative players in attack: Dzagoev, Golovin, Cheryshev, Miranchuk's, Smolov
+big home support, despite most russians don't believe that team will pass from group, still there is always a place for a mirracle and
crowd will cheer like crazy
I would not count on last friendlies, i don't expect same perfomance on WC from russian team.
Open game will be hard for Russia, big pressure on team, i would not touch 1.45, no thx under/over is also questionable, if it was 2nd game
then clear over, 2 shaky defences and some good players in attack in both teams, 1st game could be tricky

MarianoV6, I would say that Mario Fernandes (right) and Ignashevich (center) are most qualified players in russian defence, but 1st one after injury and 2nd one 38 years old, rest players are not WC level.
qwbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-18, 04:29   #40
MarianoV6

thanx qwbot, cause i bet by 80% if Saudi Arabia will score, they will do from their right attacking side, so i wanted to know how the left defensive side of Russia is
Old 14-06-18, 06:51   #41
nicls
Freshman

nicls is on a distinguished road

Between those bet which one you would take

Penalty in the match @4
Red card in the match @5.52
Russia win et Both team to score @4.57
both team to score in first half @8.35
nicls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-18, 07:06   #42
WiserthantheCrowd

WiserthantheCrowd is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicls View Post
Between those bet which one you would take

Penalty in the match @4
Red card in the match @5.52
Russia win et Both team to score @4.57
both team to score in first half @8.35
Russia to win and both to score looks plausible but I'd rather go for the straight win in live betting...

Good luck with your bets!

Whatever your take is don't assume that the Saudis are hungry for anything but victory... Because most of them are not fasting...

Senegal are also not fasting as are the Moroccans I believe... It's up to the individual but the religion provides special dispensation to people that are traveling or working very hard physically...

https://www.theguardian.com/football...t-with-ramadan

Last edited by WiserthantheCrowd; 14-06-18 at 07:08.
WiserthantheCrowd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-18, 07:10   #43
nicls
Freshman

Live betting for Russia to win works if they don't score at beginning
Old 14-06-18, 07:18   #44
WiserthantheCrowd

WiserthantheCrowd is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicls View Post
Live betting for Russia to win works if they don't score at beginning
At odds that haven't reached 1.5 yet, I'm willing to take that risk and miss out... There is little upside here but there may real downside if they don't... Actually I think it's quite possible that Saudi score in the first couple of minutes but I think the Russians could turn that around... I still think they will win but am more inclined to go for the straight win rather than anything else. BTTS certainly is feasible. I am more inclined to the unders but would not exclude the overs if we see an early goal so I will skip that one too.

Last edited by WiserthantheCrowd; 14-06-18 at 07:20.
WiserthantheCrowd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-18, 08:15   #45
waterbug
Freshman

waterbug is on a distinguished road

mates, home team in wc first game do not lost recently. go Russian don't lost is sure win!
waterbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-18, 11:10   #46
nicls
Freshman

I finally took these bets

Penalty in the match @4 => good confidence with 2 bad defenses
Russia win et Both team to score @4.57 => very good confidence
both team to score in first half @8.35 => if it starts strong
Old 14-06-18, 11:52   #47
Superbet
Freshman

Superbet has a little shameless behaviour in the past

1 unite for red card odd 5
1 unite handicap (-3) odd 10

Russia take on Saudi Arabia in the opening game of the 2018 World Cup!
Good luck!
Superbet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-18, 12:11   #48
footballeye

footballeye is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarianoV6 View Post
footballeye

which side of Russia is the weakest you think? Left or right side?

defensively i'm asking
Hi Mariano

Not sure which side is weaker because I don't know Kudryashov and Fernandes well enough to judge. Zhirkov could make a quality left back but he's likely to be placed higher up the pitch. Smolnikov can play the right back; he's a good player, fast and hard working but he lacks the defensive background because he had played as a forward early in his career. He may not be very reliable as a defender.

But the real weakness of this sbornaya is the center backs I think. When I watched the goal Yunus Malli scored against Russia in recent friendly, I couldn'd help but laugh at the defending, it was just ridiculous.
footballeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-18, 12:56   #49
Sinbad
Freshman

Sinbad is on a distinguished road

As I've previously said, Russia is not to be trusted, thus I rather skip 1X2, even though it would be very logical to bet on SA handicaps, but all this being a host stuff may have an effect for sure.
The same goes for O/U, match has under written all over it as odds suggest, but it wouldn't be to see a few goals when two unstable teams meet.
Instead, I'm going with Fouls bet. I expect a nervous and hard fought game with a lot of tactical fouls especially when either of teams takes a lead and defends it. The ref is Nestor Pitana, whose stats look overish to me. In my opinion, the only way the bet may lose is if one of the teams dominates from the very beginning and kills the intrigue early into the game, which shouldn't be the case today.
Fouls Over 26.5 Odds: 2.1 (local bookie, 2.0 can be found in Marathon) is my bet.
Sinbad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-18, 15:42   #50
Stefan1983
Freshman

Stefan1983 is on a distinguished road

Russia to score a penalty @ 6.5 -> Group is rigged, game will be rigged if necessary.
Stefan1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-18, 15:44   #51
Macot
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinbad View Post
As I've previously said, Russia is not to be trusted, thus I rather skip 1X2, even though it would be very logical to bet on SA handicaps, but all this being a host stuff may have an effect for sure.
The same goes for O/U, match has under written all over it as odds suggest, but it wouldn't be to see a few goals when two unstable teams meet.
Instead, I'm going with Fouls bet. I expect a nervous and hard fought game with a lot of tactical fouls especially when either of teams takes a lead and defends it. The ref is Nestor Pitana, whose stats look overish to me. In my opinion, the only way the bet may lose is if one of the teams dominates from the very beginning and kills the intrigue early into the game, which shouldn't be the case today.
Fouls Over 26.5 Odds: 2.1 (local bookie, 2.0 can be found in Marathon) is my bet.
Well I am not sure about fouls. The problem is Saudis are not fouling much...
Old 14-06-18, 15:52   #52
radicke

Cherchesov put Ignashevic in first 11 and rest:Akinfeev,M.Fernandes,Zhirkov,Kutyepov,Gazyins ki,Samedov,Zobnin,Dzagoev and Smolov.
Old 14-06-18, 16:12   #53
Macot
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macot View Post
10 minutes, no fouls...
Old 14-06-18, 17:37   #54
Macot
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan1983 View Post
Russia to score a penalty @ 6.5 -> Group is rigged, game will be rigged if necessary.
It was not necessary.
Saudis too poor.
Old 14-06-18, 17:39   #55
Macot
Super Moderator

The first match went as expected after all, but we have learned that Saudis will be canon fother in all games.. and Russia, well if they give 100% they could be interesting, some positives, some negatives, but tough to judge when they played against such a poor team.
Old 14-06-18, 17:49   #56
C9000

C9000 is on a distinguished road

Well, good old litost was spot on again. Congrats!
C9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-18, 17:55   #57
Sinbad
Freshman

Sinbad is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macot View Post
Bet won, in the end, thanks to Russia and ref, but very risky as Saudis don't foul a lot, I agree.
Notes for future games: Russians sure foul a lot and ref whistles little fouls even when the team continues possession.
Sinbad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-18, 17:56   #58
Caligula
Freshman

Caligula is an unknown quantity at this point

Saudis are joke.
Caligula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-18, 18:09   #59
Macot
Super Moderator

Quote:
Bet won, in the end, thanks to Russia and ref, but very risky as Saudis don't foul a lot, I agree.
Notes for future games: Russians sure foul a lot and ref whistles little fouls even when the team continues possession.
Yes, nice for you - many small fouls, but otherwise the match was not dirty, actually it is almost impossible to expect a dirty match when Saudis play.
Old 14-06-18, 18:11   #60
Macot
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by litost View Post
Russia -2.25 4.25 Low Stakes & -1.25 (ht) 4.8 Low-1 Stakes

WTH! im going put $ where mouth & toughts are and have a shoot even if with hand on brake on ruskies to deliver in style at first game .....
i agree host are not usually to trust ... this squad does not look better than previous ones even maybe worse but people really are not aware of how poor this saudis are in manny ways ... mainly tacticall overall defending in particular .. qualified couse aussies are going through tough spell and well the played qualified nipons - also on a down - last game .. they would have not overcome honduras otherwise ...

u look at results at their friendlies and im 100% - in some cases couse i watched like italy peru and sp germany - rivals give not even 50% when they realise they are playing vs very weak pseudo pros players ... so in case russia does not collapse under presure wich may very well hapen if they are not leading within 60 mins then i could see all anxiety and pressure off back unleashed on middle east rivals as locals do have some ok if not nice atacking players .... 4-0 4-1 likely
Cracking bets, agree!

Lito now has so much money that he could empty bookies accounts until the end of WC!